Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I'm pretty sure Jinger preceded Jill in wearing pants, at least in the media. She was first seen in a pair of shorts in March of 2017. https://okmagazine.com/photos/jinger-duggar-breaks-modest-dress-code-and-wears-shorts/

The first time we saw Jill wearing pants was when she and Derick were posing with some other people, and she had a coat on and a pair of jeans. This was in November of 2017. In the article below, the title LITERALLY says "Jill Duggar Follows in Jinger's Footsteps and Wears Pants in Public." 

https://thestir.cafemom.com/celebrities/208708/jill_duggar_dillard_wears_pants

Therefore, Jinger was first, not Jill. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

If Dereck doesn't want people people publicly speculating about his life, he and his dim wife should stay off of social media. Also, a big part of his religion is being judgmental about the sinful things he assumes other people are doing, so pot calling kettle black.  

Jill's chicken "recipe" made me laugh. 

• Love 17
On 10/22/2019 at 3:42 AM, jcbrown said:

Jill played some minor chords! I thought that was verboten per Gotthard.

Not when it's classical music I guess (lol).  Kind of like how some evangelicals will make an exception for dance class, if it's ballet.

On 10/23/2019 at 1:36 PM, Absolom said:

She can practice smiling without lifting her lip way above the gum line if she cares which she apparently doesn't.

True; like Mr. Ed or even your average standard horse flensing away at some grain. I think that is the majority of the problem.

Sammy staring at his feet makes the outside picture; but what crappy "candids" as a general rule. 

Also, #cows?  I do grant this would be a good hashtag if the cows were the main focus of some picture, then people looking for free cow pictures in the wild could use them in, like, school reports or similar; but the cows are clearly not the focus of their outing. 

However, at a similar age my sister was obsessed with them and would insist upon pulling over to the side of the road to pet the milch cows; so there is that.

• Love 1

What really bothers me about Derick in that whole Twitter exchange is the fact that he did not have to respond.  I do think the comment he had to respond to is completely valid and Dave Ramsay should have an answer to it.  He doesn't because Dave wants to pretend that poverty is a moral failing and that things are not that bad in America.  

• Love 23

They are doing Halloween? You go girl, make Meeechelle and Boob's head explode. I hope the boys get to trick or treat too. Halloween is my favorite holiday and not a lot of things bring me greater joy than seeing all the little ones dressed up and having fun. 

Edited by galaxygirl76
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

They are doing Halloween? You go girl, make Meeechelle and Boob's head explode. I hope the boys get to trick or treat too. Halloween is my favorite holiday and not a lot of things bring me greater joy than seeing all the little ones dressed up and having fun. 

Where did you hear they were doing Halloween?  I missed this thanks.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I am actually going to defend Jill. Yes, her photos can be awful and unflattering, but she just doesn't seem to care.  The woman literally does not have a vain bone in her body.  I find that to be quite refreshing.  I wonder how much time the Bates sisters spend taking multiple shots and selecting just the right ones.  Even the "no makeup" photos are filtered and manipulated.

And as far as the Citrus and Lemon clothes, yes, some of the styles aren't great.  But she must be thrilled to have clothes that are all hers, instead of having to pick from a communal closet.  You don't get over an upbringing like hers after just 5 years of marriage.

Her recipes are crap, and some of the posts about the boys are questionable, but I think her posts are an accurate representation of her life.  Honestly, that is quite rare these days. 

I like people to have enough vanity to take some pride in their appearance.  However, in Jill's case, I don't think she is lacking vanity as much as good taste and/or good sense.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
52 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I am actually going to defend Jill. Yes, her photos can be awful and unflattering, but she just doesn't seem to care.  The woman literally does not have a vain bone in her body.  I find that to be quite refreshing.  I wonder how much time the Bates sisters spend taking multiple shots and selecting just the right ones.  Even the "no makeup" photos are filtered and manipulated.

And as far as the Citrus and Lemon clothes, yes, some of the styles aren't great.  But she must be thrilled to have clothes that are all hers, instead of having to pick from a communal closet.  You don't get over an upbringing like hers after just 5 years of marriage.

Her recipes are crap, and some of the posts about the boys are questionable, but I think her posts are an accurate representation of her life.  Honestly, that is quite rare these days. 

If she were just posting about her life, that's one thing. However, she's working as an influencer trying to sell products and presumably promote a lifestyle. It probably works to some extent because she's been on TV and people recognize her.  Still, if I put out work that sloppy, I probably wouldn't have a job. 

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

If she were just posting about her life, that's one thing. However, she's working as an influencer trying to sell products and presumably promote a lifestyle. It probably works to some extent because she's been on TV and people recognize her.  Still, if I put out work that sloppy, I probably wouldn't have a job. 

Totally agree- as an influencer she is lousy. She must be bringing in sales though, otherwise she would have been dropped like a hot potato. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Izzy is improper footwear because that is all Jill knows. She was in flip flops all of the time growing up so she must think it’s okay for her kid. 
my question is why Sammy never had to walk anywhere- does he have a problem? 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Marigold said:

How come our girl Jill didn't get a sit down with Michelle over that nose piercing?  Why does Jinger get ALL the attention?  Jilly Muffin didn't get much press over her piercing AND she wore pants first.  Hello, Michelle?  No sit down? 

Because Jill doesn't get to be on TLC and Michelle only shows her godlier-than-you side when filmed. I'm pretty sure she couldn't care less that her married daughters where pants as long as their husbands don't care. 

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

And playing dress-up with a couple of pumpkins in the picture is not quite the same as trick-or-treating. 

Also a lot of churches still do dress up and candy. They call it like a fall/harvest festival or in the case of my childhood church “Hallelujah Night” and just wouldn’t allow witch/devil or scary costumes. 

Edited by Trillium
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Trillium said:

Also a lot of churches still do dress up and candy. They call it like a fall/harvest festival or in the case of my childhood church “Hallelujah Night” and just wouldn’t allow witch/devil or scary costumes. 

A lot of churches do this but not the Duggars. IFB people are usually anti Halloween. Even if it was at a friend’s house it’s a huge deal.

Dan, and his wife participate in the Trunk or Treat things at their church, maybe Derick won’t be anti Halloween anymore.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Nysha said:

Because Jill doesn't get to be on TLC and Michelle only shows her godlier-than-you side when filmed. I'm pretty sure she couldn't care less that her married daughters where pants as long as their husbands don't care. 

I think she does.

I think you're 100% right that she doesn't care about her daughters, but she does care about obedience. J'chelle shut the door on pants a long time ago, and her children are expected to OBEY her, full stop.

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

...where they have been married for five years and have two sons. 

Hire a proofreader, Bozo!  

I could swear he was bragging up Jill’s proofreading skills in that weird missive he supposedly wrote for some occasion...her birthday?

She must not have been home. 🙄

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Hannah316 said:

Jill in a normal swimsuit 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

5DB9B06C-BB63-4ADF-AA20-54145D0CB500.jpeg

I actually think I own this same suit and love it. It's a tankini with shorts that go not quite to the knee, so it's pretty impressive for her!  It's fitted but not skin tight (which makes it very forgiving of curves), and it's a lot more comfortable for me in the pool with my little boys too. She'd definitely blend right in at the pool or beach with it, which considering where she started from is huge.

• Love 12
On 10/21/2019 at 11:39 AM, Temperance said:

She was Derick's mother's mother, and yes she could have.  It was during the first year they were married.

Derek’s Mother’s Mother died when she was a child. Her father remarried so that woman is likely her step mother. Derek’s maternal grandfather died when his Mom was 21. I remember that it was tragic to lose both of your parents before the age of 21, although it seems her step mother was a positive influence in her life. 

• Useful 7
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think they moved in over spring break, but they were in Little Rock all summer. That said, there were a couple of months before they left when she should have done this.

It was a long time ago, but when we moved into our new house with an 18 month old son the safety locks went on the very next morning. Because we cared and wanted to keep our child safe.

Seriously Jill, these are your kids. Show a little concern. Trust me, they won't take your actions to think they are the center of the universe or something.

Edited by lulu69
Clarity
  • Love 7

I’m speechless at Jill’s newest Insta Story. Israel is crying, Jill asks him what happened, and Israel said that Sam kicked him in the face. Do you know why he kicked you in the face? Israel says no. You really just have to watch it for yourself. Instead of consoling Israel, whatever the reason, he did get kicked in the face. But, no. Jill only sees an opportunity for a good Instagram post. So she films her crying child while she and Derick are laughing the whole time. What is wrong with these people??

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MzTori77 said:

I’m speechless at Jill’s newest Insta Story. Israel is crying, Jill asks him what happened, and Israel said that Sam kicked him in the face. Do you know why he kicked you in the face? Israel says no. You really just have to watch it for yourself. Instead of consoling Israel, whatever the reason, he did get kicked in the face. But, no. Jill only sees an opportunity for a good Instagram post. So she films her crying child while she and Derick are laughing the whole time. What is wrong with these people??

I couldn't find it.

She asks him why? WTF, who cares why. Did she hug and comfort him during this? 

5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I couldn't find it.

She asks him why? WTF, who cares why. Did she hug and comfort him during this? 

Not one bit.  Poor Izzy stood crying while both parents laughed and giggled.   I'm also speechless.  I just watched it in her story.

From my interpretation, Sam and Izzy were horsing around, Izzy told Sam to kick him in the face and it ended badly. Derick saw the whole thing play out and told Jill as she recorded. So here's my thing: why didn't Derick put a stop to the kick before it happened? I don't think children need to be babied, but Jill's boys are still quite young and may not understand the consequences of rough play. If Derick had time to intervene and didn't, then he's an ass. It's like he wanted Izzy to get hurt.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 14

Part of Jill’s description of their summer (from a blog post):

After Derick finished his first year of law school in May (it takes three years total), he took a local job working as a law clerk, then for the second part of the summer got another law clerk job in Little Rock, AR (three hours from home). Our sweet friends at a church in the area let us stay in their guest apartment while we were there, so we were able to all go and enjoy getting to see more of Little Rock while hanging out with friends in the area. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, MzTori77 said:

I think that Derick sees Izzy as weak and clingy -- something he dislikes in Jill, and is repulsed by in his male child. I think that he thinks that being cruel to Izzy will "toughen him up" -- lots of people think that this works. I also think that 1) Jill does whatever Derick does 2) Jill has no natural empathy and no role model for empathetic behavior and 3) Jill isn't a great mother.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Yup, Jill and Derelict laughing through the whole “story “ about Sam kicking Izzy. Apparently even funnier is that he kicked him hard. Those 2 are awful. If this is the kind of thing they feel is appropriate to post on Instagram, what else goes on? Why would you start filming a crying child? 

• Love 3