Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Izzy's size has been talked about since he was born. I wish I could see him next to some of his cousins. I bet he's at similar height as Josie and Marcus, who are older. 

Although Sam was approximately the same size at birth, he doesn't strike me as being as overly tall for a two-year-old the way Izzy is at age four.

This is Iz and Spurgeon around a year ago. jill-duggar-rare-appearance-family-party

Here's Iz 4/15, Spurge 11/15, Marcus 6/13 and Michael 6/11. Marcus+michael+israel+Spuregon.jpg

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 6
  • Love 3

I think Jill got paid. Where else did Derelict come up with that $12k to go to Cross Church's "school" for a year? They certainly didn't make any money in Danger America. What excess they made was spent on a lot of airfare.

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think Jill got paid. Where else did Derelict come up with that $12k to go to Cross Church's "school" for a year? They certainly didn't make any money in Danger America. What excess they made was spent on a lot of airfare.

And they bought a house and are paying Derrick’s tuition.

But I wonder if JB has cut them off now that TLC has.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

They certainly didn't make any money in Danger America.

It was the people that actually donated to them that made the money they spent. Still have yet to see any kind of formal accounting from them of that. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I cropped out the other child in the car. 

2A80B9D4-4373-4776-9D76-73DD205F712E.jpeg

I don't have kids, so I don't know about them much... but isn't Israel too old for naps? Isn't he like 5 or 6? Just wondering, not judging.

And how did the two morons J&D have such cute kids?!?! These two young guys are more adult than the idiots raising them ---- how is that possible?!?!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Israel is 4.5.  He's on the borderline for napping.  Some do and some have given it up at that age.  Most pre-schools at least put the kids down for a rest in the four year old room.  Over half usually fall asleep at least for a short nap.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, DawgMom said:

I don't have kids, so I don't know about them much... but isn't Israel too old for naps? Isn't he like 5 or 6? Just wondering, not judging.

And how did the two morons J&D have such cute kids?!?! These two young guys are more adult than the idiots raising them ---- how is that possible?!?!

Israel will be 5 in April.

FWIW, back in the 90s, when I was in kindergarten at 5, we still had naps scheduled as part of our schoolday. I don't have kids, either, though, so I don't know what is considered normal now! (As an adult, I am a big fan of naps, though. 🙂

1 minute ago, Absolom said:

Israel is 4.5.  He's on the borderline for napping.  Some do and some have given it up at that age.  Most pre-schools at least put the kids down for a rest in the four year old room.  Over half usually fall asleep at least for a short nap.  

That's very helpful! I didn't see your post before I replied. Do you know what kindergartens do? As I mentioned, in the mid-90s, they still let us have a regular nap time in the afternoon. Does that still happen?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 10/18/2019 at 3:31 PM, rainclouds said:

I think this is more of Derick's evasive double-speak. There's nothing here that he hasn't said before.

I think that the Duggars dislike him because 1) he's an asshole, and 2) he is supposed to fall in line and do what JB tells him, and he doesn't.

He dislikes the Duggars because he thought he was hopping on the gravy train with Jill, and she's turned out be a lemon.

• Love 23
46 minutes ago, Zella said:

FWIW, back in the 90s, when I was in kindergarten at 5, we still had naps scheduled as part of our schoolday. I don't have kids, either, though, so I don't know what is considered normal now! (As an adult, I am a big fan of naps, though. 🙂

That's very helpful! I didn't see your post before I replied. Do you know what kindergartens do? As I mentioned, in the mid-90s, they still let us have a regular nap time in the afternoon. Does that still happen?

No naps in Kindergarten.  Kindergarten is the new 1st grade.  Lots of work, very little play, no napping.

• Useful 2
58 minutes ago, Zella said:

Do you know what kindergartens do?

Most public and possibly most  private kindergartens have phased out having nap time.  Most school districts have also pushed the entering age to 5 by 9/1 instead of going to December as some used to do.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

No naps in Kindergarten.  Kindergarten is the new 1st grade.  Lots of work, very little play, no napping.

2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Most public and possibly most  private kindergartens have phased out having nap time.  Most school districts have also pushed the entering age to 5 by 9/1 instead of going to December as some used to do.  

Oh wow--that's interesting. I honestly can't remember a lot of kindergarten (mainly being read aloud to and some work on the alphabet and numbers but I had been reading since I was 2, so it wasn't new to me), but I do remember the naps! 🙂 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Here, they don't have naps in kindergarten, but they have quiet time after lunch. They lie on mats in a darkened and listen to the teacher read a story or two. One or two children in the class will nap for a bit, but most just listen to the story.

I meant to say "darkened room".

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

With starting school or preschool so early, I think your children "have to" grow up so quickly.

In my country kids start school at 6 1/2-7 1/2 years. Until then they are in kindergarden. School year starts in September, and they usually have naps until April/May. 

My son is almost 6. At home he does not nap, mostly, but in kindergarden they  get up early, have lots of activities, so they are ready to sleep after lunch.

• Useful 8
  • Love 3

I think that DDD paid the $12,000 for that Cross Church useless certificate with money they grubbed from their missionary 'work'. As far as buying a house, I believe he and Dan inherited their father's share of their grandparents' estate.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, floridamom said:

I think that DDD paid the $12,000 for that Cross Church useless certificate with money they grubbed from their missionary 'work'. As far as buying a house, I believe he and Dan inherited their father's share of their grandparents' estate.

The Dillard grandparents are alive as far as I know. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Actually I'm sure they're alive. Derick and Jill took the boys to see his Dillard grandparents. If one of them had died, there would have been at least one tribute on social media. (Basing this on the way the Dillards use social media, not social media in general.) 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 10/15/2019 at 6:33 AM, Trillium said:

I saw the picture on Reddit and I won’t repost it here, because there is something very icky about posting a coffin for an adjacent relative’s child. I don’t think Jill is close at all with this poor baby’s mother, so any sympathetic comments won’t go to the person who needs to be healed. Nope, all so people pay attention to Jill. It’s so gross.

Wasn't this the family member whom someone once said Jill was all gung ho about assisting with her birth (which I assume would have been Tyler's), before JimBob forbade it because the family member wasn't married?   I assumed so, because it seems like the kind of thing that excited cousins would think up on their own if they had their own separate relationship; and we know from some things Amy has said, that she spent a lot of time with her cousins growing up.  It also isn't surprising that Tyler's mom getting teen-pregnant was deemed so mortifying that Jill couldn't doula; and possibly had to pretend she didn't know the cousin for multiple years if she was making a raft of other bad lifestyle decisions (which it seems she was). 

• Love 2

It's more common for younger kids not to nap anymore.  I have a 3 year old and people are shocked that he is still napping.  I'm going to continue it as long as possible, but he'll have to stop by Kingergarten when he's 5.  I don't blame Jill for having Izzy nap.  Most kids are more pleasant in the afternoon after some rest.  It's a shame that society is so go-go-go these days and that many toddlers stop napping early.

I totally nap during my son's naptime as well on certain days!

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
20 hours ago, Temperance said:

Actually I'm sure they're alive. Derick and Jill took the boys to see his Dillard grandparents. If one of them had died, there would have been at least one tribute on social media. (Basing this on the way the Dillards use social media, not social media in general.) 

Wasn't there one of Derick's grandmothers at the Dullard's wedding who later died?  She had white hair & sat with his family members during the service.  I think J & D visited her after the wedding, maybe at Thanksgiving & Jill posted a picture of the visit.

Does anyone remember this lady?  Maybe she was a family friend & not a relative  but she could have left Derick some money. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, lucy711 said:

It's more common for younger kids not to nap anymore.  I have a 3 year old and people are shocked that he is still napping.  I'm going to continue it as long as possible, but he'll have to stop by Kingergarten when he's 5.  I don't blame Jill for having Izzy nap.  Most kids are more pleasant in the afternoon after some rest.  It's a shame that society is so go-go-go these days and that many toddlers stop napping early.

I totally nap during my son's naptime as well on certain days!

Jill wants Izzy to nap and go to bed at 8pm. wasn't that the post not long ago on "the boys were in bed for the night" and caused some mischief in the kitchen?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Wasn't there one of Derick's grandmothers at the Dullard's wedding who later died?  She had white hair & sat with his family members during the service.  I think J & D visited her after the wedding, maybe at Thanksgiving & Jill posted a picture of the visit.

Does anyone remember this lady?  Maybe she was a family friend & not a relative  but she could have left Derick some money. 

She was Derick's mother's mother, and yes she could have.  It was during the first year they were married.

• Love 3

If you want an active child to go to bed at a decent time you need to cut back on nap time. I stopped taking naps at age 3 and was ready for bed at 7:30. 
A friend of mine had a very active child who she insisted take naps until she was 7! She couldn’t understand why said child didn’t want to go to bed at 8:00. (Duh.. She wasn’t tired.)

• Useful 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4

Per Derelict's Twitter, they were part of the tornadoes that ripped through TX and AR last night. He said they huddled in their hallway. He didn't mention any damage, so I assume they survived unscathed.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I wish there was nap time for adults at work. Haha. As an adult I love naps.

I visited several non-tourist towns in Mexico several years ago, and siestas are a real thing there.  The entire town shuts down for a couple of hours every afternoon so people can rest.  

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Per Derelict's Twitter, they were part of the tornadoes that ripped through TX and AR last night. He said they huddled in their hallway. He didn't mention any damage, so I assume they survived unscathed.

someone was killed during those storms in Rogers, so at least they were wisely taking cover. Not so wisely tweeting about it.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Is it me, or is Jill not that good?

I agree, she's nothing special.  Of course, what with all the lotion applying and waiting in parking lots for Derick to get done Grub Hubbing, she probably doesn't get much harp practice time.

• LOL 15
10 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I agree, she's nothing special.  Of course, what with all the lotion applying and waiting in parking lots for Derick to get done Grub Hubbing, she probably doesn't get much harp practice time.

The lotion may make picking the strings a little difficult too.

• LOL 23
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm sorry if it's been discussed previously somewhere in this huge thread, but doesn't anyone have a ballpark figure for how much Deertick's tuition is for his program?

Something like a $200k, with a $200k house they just bought - plus every other life expense.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm sorry if it's been discussed previously somewhere in this huge thread, but doesn't anyone have a ballpark figure for how much Deertick's tuition is for his program?

He is attending law school at University of Arkansas in Fayetteville.  According to their website, tuition and fees are $8300 per semester this year.  That doesn't include books, transportation or housing, food or other personal expenses.,

There is definitely something fishy about Derick's finances.  I wonder if he didn't go to JB and threaten to go public with information on the molestations or other skeletons in the closet and got a cash settlement to be able to afford to buy the house and go to law school.

Even if his grandma did have some money, how much could she have possibly had?  It seems to me that Derick and Jill have had access to a fairly substantial amount of cash over the past 2 years.

Either that, or he's lying.  That wouldn't surprise me, either.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 23
27 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Oh, up yours, beanpole. You mean the victim mentality that makes someone bitch for over two years about having to pay a completely preventable hospital bill yourselves? 

Yeah, that one!

• LOL 2
  • Love 8