Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

On 10/16/2019 at 7:31 AM, ginger90 said:

The best was her describing her injury as “a massive little ouch”! Up to that point in the video, she said the word, “like” close to 10 times.

Only like 10 times of her stay like boy is she slipping with her likes?

• LOL 1

I can just see Jill buying these darts for her boys.  Dreck will be in his office trying to study while Izzy is throwing darts at that particular door.  Jill can try to get him to use their bedroom door, but the siren song of the office door will be too strong to resist. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I can just see Jill buying these darts for her boys.  Dreck will be in his office trying to study while Izzy is throwing darts at that particular door.  Jill can try to get him to use their bedroom door, but the siren song of the office door will be too strong to resist. 

And then the murders began...

• LOL 18
5 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Hee! Jill would probably be in the office with Derick having sexy lotion time while the boys are throwing darts at the door. Izzy and Sam will then go get into something they shouldn't and make a mess. Once lotion time is done, Jill will proceed to take pictures for Instagram while using too many hashtags like #boymom #besthubbyever #lotion #Yay #lawyerclientroleplay #WhyisDerickdeliveringsomuchfromGrubHubtoBeckyinthethirdrow.  

Edited by Misslindsey
  • LOL 17
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

I stopped by to see if these two are still married. I give them 2-3 years before they aren't. That is all. 🙂

They have a "Covenant Marriage". I can't remember all the details, but it's supposed to make it next to impossible to get a divorce. I honestly don't know what they would do without each other. Jilly needs someone to admire and cling to, and Derick needs the constant reassurance, servitude, and adoration of his wife. We all know Jill is a Stage Five Clinger and most typical people would find that annoying, and maybe Derick finds it obnoxious too, but I think he'd rather live with it than live without it. Are they happily married? No I really don't think either is happy, but I think they need each other too much to separate, not to mention how their culture would very strongly treat them badly if they did divorce.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
27 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

Hee! Jill would probably be in the office with Derick having sexy lotion time while the boys are throwing darts at the door. Izzy and Sam will then go get into something they shouldn't and make a mess. Once lotion time is done, Jill will proceed to take pictures for Instagram while using too many hashtags like #boymom #besthubbyever #lotion #Yay #lawyerclientroleplay #WhyisDerickdeliveringsomuchfromGrubHubtoBeckyinthethirdrow.  

#lotion #yay 😆😆😆😆

• LOL 7
10 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

I can't remember all the details, but it's supposed to make it next to impossible to get a divorce.

Not really next to impossible, it's just a little tougher requiring marriage counseling and a two year wait.  Also covenant marriage is only recognized in a very, very few states so establishing residency in another state would allow divorce under the other state's rules.  It's more for show than anything.

• Useful 5
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Just call him Gilligan.

What?  No hashtags?  Jill, you're slipping.  

Cause Derelict posted 🙂

I kinda hope she does try R&F.  As I am a horrible person and want her to see her run off people     Something is going to have to happen to get her brain to click   See if this person is your friend or sees you as part of her downline     She’s already shown she doesn’t know what she’s doing with the product 

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, dariafan said:

Cause Derelict posted 🙂

I kinda hope she does try R&F.  As I am a horrible person and want her to see her run off people     Something is going to have to happen to get her brain to click   See if this person is your friend or sees you as part of her downline     She’s already shown she doesn’t know what she’s doing with the product 

Oh crap!  That explains it; I didn't look at who posted it.  

Hopefully Dillface will not go for Jill doing MLM.  Her "celebrity" status might help her sales (a la Meri Brown with LuLaNo) but most of those that sign up don't make back their investment.  Jill strikes me as a lazier sort that wouldn't be pushy enough to sign up other unfortunates to her downline.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Oh crap!  That explains it; I didn't look at who posted it.  

Hopefully Dillface will not go for Jill doing MLM.  Her "celebrity" status might help her sales (a la Meri Brown with LuLaNo) but most of those that sign up don't make back their investment.  Jill strikes me as a lazier sort that wouldn't be pushy enough to sign up other unfortunates to her downline.

This. Jill’s a joiner, not a leader. 

• Love 5

Hmmm, I think the only ones getting their own check are Jinger and RFP. This really isn't TLCs fault he should have got his own contract and not trusted Boob. Last I checked Sam's birth episode was missing from the TLCgo app.

It is the same with the Bates show. Someone asked Alyssa why she never wore pants on the show and she said that it's her dad's show and they had to respect his rules.

• Useful 8
  • Love 6

The thing is that Counting On is supposed to be about the kids and the parents are not to be the stars of the show. I guess the Duggar kids all agree to have the check go to a account managed by their parents. However, Jeremy and Derick have enough life experience to know that they're getting screwed and don't worship JB.

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, awaken said:

Wow, why would he dredge up and suddenly answer these tweets from last year? Something had to have happened to fuel all of this!  Really hope we find out what!

It has to suck for Jill if her headship and dad don't get along. Like are her thoughts ping-ponging in her head or is she standing by her man?

• Love 8
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

Come on, Derick, spill the tea. You know you want to....

Everyone in his family needs to shout "I'M UNHAPPY WITH MY LIFE, WHY DID IT TURN OUT THIS WAY?". He may be in the part of the semester where....this is his way of doing that.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It has to suck for Jill if her headship and dad don't get along. Like are her thoughts ping-ponging in her head or is she standing by her man?

I think she’s standing by her #besthubbyever.  I think it’s entirely possible, and maybe even probable, that Jill is estranged from her parents.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, yogi2014L said:

I am HERE for Derrick calling out Jim Bob. YES! Isn't this what we all wanted? Someone to stand up for the older girls who basically had their childhoods stolen and exploited !!

MENTION IT ALL DERRICK!  I'll listen! 

And fuck jim bob for not paying his kids for their time on the show. I'm not a leghumper but I support this feud. KInd of want to give props to Derick for actually having a backbone. 

If Derrick wants to rake in a significant amount of money, all he has to do is write a tell-all.  It’ll sell like hot cakes.  I don’t know that he would ever do it as long as he and Jill are married, but if they were to divorce, I think he would do it in a New York minute.  He hates JBoob that much IMO.

• Useful 4
  • Love 16

While I want Derrick to sing like a canary, it has to suck for Jill to be semi estranged from her parents.  I’m pretty sure she was Jim Bob’s favorite and now they don’t even seem to be communicating.  He’s an ass, but it’s hard to fall that far from someone’s favor.  Jill can’t even see Michelle unless they’re on neutral ground.  Sadly, that must also mean that she doesn’t see her first set of kids buddies James and Jenni as often since they’re still under Jim Bob’s rule. Terrible situation for her. 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 17
8 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

While I want Derrick to sing like a canary, it has to suck for Jill to be semi estranged from her parents.  I’m pretty sure she was Jim Bob’s favorite and now they don’t even seem to be communicating.  He’s an ass, but it’s hard to fall that far from someone’s favor.  Jill can’t even see Michelle unless they’re on neutral ground.  Sadly, that must also mean that she doesn’t see her first set of kids buddies James and Jenni as often since they’re still under Jim Bob’s rule. Terrible situation for her. 

Agreed. Family is still family.

• Love 8

If Jill is estranged from JB, I'd blame Derick though. As much of an arrogant asshole JB is, I don't believe he'd cut off any of his children. 

Derick could quietly disagree with, and be angry at, JB and still be considerate enough for Jill to feel comfortable enough to hang with the gang.

But maybe, just maybe, Jill is actually seeing things more clearly and is actually disappointed in her dad as well.

Maybe all these awkward floundering-at-life posts we see from Jill are her trying to shake the cult. She'll still be a hateful uber-Christian, but stepping away from the cult is always a good thing.

• Love 24

Wow Izzy is TALL. My son is 5 and he's still in a 5 point harness booster because he doesn't meet the height requirements for a belted booster. But I see that Izzy's legs are already meeting the "can hang down over the seat" rule. Goodness. 

• Love 6

Israel's height may not be a great thing for him. Taller children are generally perceived to be older than they are and expect their behavior to match their height. Given that Derick and Jill are harsh parents anyway, they probably expect Israel to behave as though he were 5 or 6 instead of 4.

• Useful 2
  • Love 18

Izzy's size has been talked about since he was born. I wish I could see him next to some of his cousins. I bet he's at similar height as Josie and Marcus, who are older. 

Although Sam was approximately the same size at birth, he doesn't strike me as being as overly tall for a two-year-old the way Izzy is at age four.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

I am HERE for Derrick calling out Jim Bob. YES! Isn't this what we all wanted? Someone to stand up for the older girls who basically had their childhoods stolen and exploited !!

MENTION IT ALL DERRICK!  I'll listen! 

I'd love that, but I don't really think we can expect Derick to show that much courage. I think he's just going to continue to make these passive-aggressive little sideswipes, hinting vaguely that there's trouble between him and Jill's family, but never coming right out and  saying exactly what the trouble is. 

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I'd love that, but I don't really think we can expect Derick to show that much courage. I think he's just going to continue to make these passive-aggressive little sideswipes, hinting vaguely that there's trouble between him and Jill's family, but never coming right out and  saying exactly what the trouble is. 

Yes, and his next step is likely to be that he never said that he had any issues with JB.  That's how Derrick-Drama usually goes.  We are just "miss understanding* (tm Lauren Duggar) him.  We're the problem in Derdick's world.  🙄

• Love 17