Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I’ve said this before but Jill is really the sister that has most expanded her world. Jinger might live in LA but she’s still a follower of Jeremy’s whims and interests. Jill has a house to maintain, she’s overwhelmed but she stays home with her kids and does activities with them. They’ve been to the pumpkin patch, the zoo, the library and had play dates with sweet friends, none of which seemed to have been filmed for TLC.  Plus, she wears whatever she wants around her family - have we seen Jinger do it?  I noticed even Abbie is now almost full time wearing skirts.  

I find her annoying (and Derrick more so), but I’m rooting for her to expand her world and her mind so that will trickle down to her children  

Jessa, oddly, has disappeared. Her trickling out of Ivy pictures, few cute family shots, and not going to LA is out of character. However, she has never shown us that she has expanded her or her children’s world as she’s always at at TTC. I hope that emotionally she’s ok since she used to get energy from her public persona. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 20
55 minutes ago, Mojitogirl said:

I’ve said this before but Jill is really the sister that has most expanded her world. Jinger might live in LA but she’s still a follower of Jeremy’s whims and interests. Jill has a house to maintain, she’s overwhelmed but she stays home with her kids and does activities with them. They’ve been to the pumpkin patch, the zoo, the library and had play dates with sweet friends, none of which seemed to have been filmed for TLC.  Plus, she wears whatever she wants around her family - have we seen Jinger do it?  I noticed even Abbie is now almost full time wearing skirts.  

I'm not the only one who noticed that. You brought up a good point, Jill did have pants at Lauren's shower. Granted they were those ugly green wrinkly ones, but they were pants!

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Mojitogirl said:

I find her annoying (and Derrick more so), but I’m rooting for her to expand her world and her mind so that will trickle down to her children  

Jessa, oddly, has disappeared. Her trickling out of Ivy pictures, few cute family shots, and not going to LA is out of character. However, she has never shown us that she has expanded her or her children’s world as she’s always at at TTC. I hope that emotionally she’s ok since she used to get energy from her public persona. 

All true, but her response to all of those things always seems "off" and she seems as emotionally stunted as ever.  In her case, exposure to these things doesn't seem to have any effect on her.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Suzn said:

All true, but her response to all of those things always seems "off" and she seems as emotionally stunted as ever.  In her case, exposure to these things doesn't seem to have any effect on her.

As emotionally damaged as Jill seems to be, I don't find that surprising. I think she has a lot of unresolved issues from how she was raised and the molestation that's really stunted her maturity and damaged her. It's sad, really.  

That being said, though Jill often frustrates me, I do give her kudos for trying--even if she often fails as she tries. I am hoping the friends she is making at church might be a more gentle but positive influence in guiding her to normalcy than Derrick has been. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 20

@MyPeopleAreNordic, I've missed your posts.  I hope you are doing well.  I've been wanting to ask you, is your avatar Betty Draper?  I'm rewatching Mad Men, all of it.  I miss that show, and Big Love as well.

Jill comes across as limited in lots of ways, no doubt thanks to her shitty parents, and it's a shame she ended up with Dillweed for a life sentence, but anything resembling trying to break free of her upbringing, and to not oppress her children, is a good sign.  Here's hoping she isn't the only homeschool teacher for the boys, if that ends up being their plan. Surely they have more qualified people in their church circle to expand the kids' horizons.

• Love 6

Daxton Ryan? 🤦‍♀️ Ugh. Bad as one of my students. Kaydence. 

Lose the nose stud, Jilly. Lose it, about a foot of hair, and that nasty skinny maloderous troll you're married to. In that order. 

I wonder if she's even got enough introspection to realize how stunted and screwed up she is. You can't fix what you don't realize is broken. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 14

I'm okay with Jill reading whatever she wants. Especially if it's not something her parents would like.

I'm reading up on the book Doing Life with Your Adult Children: Keep Your Mouth Shut and the Welcome Mat Out by Jim Burns. 

It seems that the author's main advice is love and accept your kids as they are. Let them live their own lives as adults. Most of the reviews on Amazon are by people who talk about their kids going to high school and college.

Fundie parents have no boundaries, think they should control the adult children,  and think their kids should exactly live like them. In the fundie world, they own you forever. I have no doubt JB and Michelle have a lot to say about the changes Jill and Derick have made to their lifestyle.  

This is not the first time Jill is reading a book about boundaries. 

One review did say it helped them think about their relationship with their parents.

• Useful 7
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

Eh, I like Jill's picture with Amy's kid. I noticed her smile isn't as gummy as it usually is.

I think her eyes are a beautiful color in that pic.  That’s one of her better pics IMO.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Temperance said:

I'm okay with Jill reading whatever she wants. Especially if it's not something her parents would like.

I'm reading up on the book Doing Life with Your Adult Children: Keep Your Mouth Shut and the Welcome Mat Out by Jim Burns. 

It seems that the author's main advice is love and accept your kids as they are. Let them live their own lives as adults. Most of the reviews on Amazon are by people who talk about their kids going to high school and college.

Fundie parents have no boundaries, think they should control the adult children,  and think their kids should exactly live like them. In the fundie world, they own you forever. I have no doubt JB and Michelle have a lot to say about the changes Jill and Derick have made to their lifestyle.  

This is not the first time Jill is reading a book about boundaries. 

One review did say it helped them think about their relationship with their parents.

You just described my parents to a T, and they’re not Fundie.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I think her eyes are a beautiful color in that pic.  That’s one of her better pics IMO.

There is something about the light in that pic that makes her hair look more golden and her eyes a brighter, lighter blue.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Suzn said:

There is something about the light in that pic that makes her hair look more golden and her eyes a brighter, lighter blue.

Except that while her hair looks golden where the light is hitting her, it looks exceptionally dull at her roots and temples. I was going to ask about that earlier. Is it just the contrast in the lighting? Or she may have just upped the saturation of color for the photo and it didn't make as much difference in the more shadowed areas of her face. Or has she been dyeing her hair? Might she be showing some early gray at the roots? I suspect it's probably the former.

• Love 3
On 10/10/2019 at 5:37 PM, ginger90 said:

If this is a filter, and Jill intentionally did this to her face, that would make me really sad -- she just has no talent at anything, does she? On the other hand, it would probably help if she made any effort at all . . .

• Love 1

Her hair colors looks suspiciously close to mine, with the dark/mixed with white roots, and dark golden blonde otherwise.  I color my hair, and I'm over 60.  It's like someone previously posted, that she used some kind of filter to make herself look older.  I don't have any photoshop skills, so I'm just guessing.  

• Love 3

Maybe Jill has practiced in the mirror to achieve a wide eyed look without her mouth wide open and her forehead wrinkled.

On second thought her forehead looks altered. Maybe that's why her roots look gray.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I don’t see a stressed baby. Looks like a baby who is slightly sleepy while also settling into a new world outside the womb. 

While it’s a good photo of Jill it’s also a bad photo of Jill🤔

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Annabel11 said:

That baby is stressed out! Look at the wrinkled brow and they've stuffed his mouth with a pacifier. Poor baby!

Looks like he's just sleepy like most newborns.  Amy better watch out though.  If she thinks she got flak for the cesarean, wait 'til the online lactation police get a look at that kid with a pacifier in his mouth!  Oh, the shame!

I think Jill has been practicing her smiles for the camera and is trying to learn to show less gums and wrinkling her forehead/raising her brows less.  To me, those are real things that one can reasonably change with some effort.  Her hair length and color are a lot bigger steps to take.  I'm ok if she starts small, I like the photo.  I think her most recent photos have generally been a lot better than the squinting into the sun, gummy smiling, wrinkled foreheaded messes she used to post.  She gets credit for effort from me.

I am hoping that in the coming months, she rethinks her hairstyle, or lack thereof, and makes some changes there.  As to how old she looks or doesn't, well, a lot of that is heredity and isn't so easily altered.

Edited by doodlebug
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

That paci is too big for a newborn!

It's smaller than the ones they gave us for our twins. They were huge. We had to get different ones because they were so big. 

One thing I don't fault Jilly for is her gummy smile. It's not her fault her teeth are small and she's shows a lot of gum when she smiles. It's just the way she is made. 

I can't get over how the Duggars just hand newborns around like hot potatoes. Smh. When my twins came home nobody held them except Mr Quinn and my in laws. And that was after thorough hand washing.  It's a wonder their babies aren't sick all the time. Do they vaccinate? I can't remember if it was ever discussed. 

• Love 17
On 10/8/2019 at 5:40 PM, Sew Sumi said:

All this Shaun Cassidy talk gave me this earworm that I pass to y'all. I'm a giver like that. 😁

https://youtu.be/l1nTfgUbW48

Maybe, in honor of Shaun and the 70s and his fantastic feathered hair, we can find some of that old shampoo made with beer (don’t recall the name) and send it to Jill. I do know that the Vermont Country Store sells a remake of Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific, another 1970s shampoo classic.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, LilJen said:

Maybe, in honor of Shaun and the 70s and his fantastic feathered hair, we can find some of that old shampoo made with beer (don’t recall the name) and send it to Jill..

It was called Body on Tap. Imagine Derick and Jill after a couple of beers. Maybe that would help him unclench his sphincter. Jill would probably be a sloppy drunk, though.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
Just now, Sew Sumi said:

It definitely shows that they are left unsupervised for pretty generous periods of time. I guess Derelict delivers for Grub Hub on Saturdays (he was missing during the pumpkin patch visit last week).

Did you like how Jill was speaking, and Israel got in the jeep to drive away? 🤦‍♀️

Always with the freaking phone. Is that a new form of discipline?

• LOL 1
  • Love 9