Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Have the Howlers been to visit the school?

Shaun was the only reason to watch Hardy Boys.  MAN was I bummed when it was a

Nancy Drew week.  I was there for Shaun!

image.png.eafef8cc0fcea211094d43c7898f5cb9.png

Edited by Higgins
For you
  • Love 11

Shaun really looked like his mother, Shirley Jones.  Half-brother David looked like their dad, Jack Cassidy.

Dillweed's lost lunch was probably the best thing that happened to him all week.  Excepting Becky from the third row's scandalous blouse that she unbuttoned to show a little cleavage.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

Shaun Cassidy was the only teen heartthrob that I fell for.  I fell HARD.  My sister reminds me that I made our family leave our weekend cabin in Big Bear Lake for home (2.5 hour drive) early enough so we could make it home for Hardy Boys.  I think it started at 7:00pm PST?  Bought all his albums.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Isn't tht woman the R&F rep? A real MLM friendship there, Jill. Sell her a females & women dress for revenge!

Ahh that explains it. Poor Jill, she probably thinks this woman really wants to be her friend. I’m sure she’s pushing for Jill to “join her team” since Jill has a large audience. It’s one of the many reasons MLMs are the worst.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18

I am just baffled that she is just slapping something on her face without knowing anything about it.  I research everything I put on my face even the stuff I get for free.  You also have to make sure you read the directions, some products are masks that need to be removed after 20 or so minutes, others can be left on, some cause sun sensitivity and require daily SPF, some products lose effectiveness if you mix with other products, etc.  Chemical burns can happen when you are careless with your skincare.  

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Well, they might if your skin was (or al least looked) flawless....but not so much for Jill.

Right, Michelle's face looks great for her age. I kind of like to know what she uses, although I suspect basic soap and water, plus she stays out of the sun and doesn't have any stress because someone else is raising her kids and cleaning her house.

Jill's face looks old and greasy. Could be genetics, could be bad diet, could be whatever crap she puts on it, don't know, don't care.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, she's selling to her 1.6 m followers.

This is exactly what it is. This R&F rep is totally priming Jill to join her team, encoring her to post about the products, giving her samples, all with the hopes of getting Jill to join her MLM. And Jill’s too naive and desperate for friendship to see that’s she’s just a mark to this lady. It really just comes down to it DDD is willing to fork over some of his Grubhub money to let her buy a starter kit.  

Edited by Trillium
autocorrect strikes again.
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, lilwhitelion said:

Shaun Cassidy was the only teen heartthrob that I fell for.  I fell HARD.  My sister reminds me that I made our family leave our weekend cabin in Big Bear Lake for home (2.5 hour drive) early enough so we could make it home for Hardy Boys.  I think it started at 7:00pm PST?  Bought all his albums.  

big bear lake is gorgeous and a place that i doubt the duggers would ever visit and appreciate.

• Love 4
On 10/4/2019 at 1:16 PM, crazy8s said:

also wonder if derrick was held responsible for Dan"s behavior. we certainly know Jill was likely held responsible for Joy, James, and Jenny's  (or Jordyn?) behavior

Someone on Twitter should ask him that at an opportune time, make him think a little.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Trillium said:

Looks like Jilly is reading this book:
Doing Life With Your Adult Children: Keep Your Mouth Shut & The Welcome Mat Out

So...that’s illuminating. It is published by a Christian author who also wrote some marriage books and something called The Purity Code, so definitely not secular reading. 

Izzy’s 5, right?  She’s got a little while until she needs to figure out how to parent adult children. How about a nice child development book, Jill?  One that will teach you that kids need structure in order to thrive?  Or a book about childhood anxiety, since I’m sure Izzy has some.  Or a cookbook?  One that doesn’t have all beige food. 

• Love 23
53 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Can she not read while the laundry is going ?  It’s not like she’s doing it by hand 

I personally find it very tough to do anything else while waiting for the wash/dry cycles to end, lol.  It's clearly some sort of flaw I'm trying to be OK with, as Alexa is there to tell me when it's time to pull things out; I don't know what I'm scared of getting into.  (Though admittedly, my laundry is in the apartment basement and not right there next to me, which is a bit different than Jill's setup.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

So she’s whining about not having more free time to read, while reading a book that she doesn’t need to know about for 18-20 years?  Got it.  Why doesn’t she either read a child development book, a cookbook, or perhaps a novel? 
why don’t they get her a kindle and a kindle unlimited membership? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 12

Maybe Jill isn’t reading the book in relation to her own children, but from the perspective of a child of Jim Bob and Michelle. There seems to be a rift there and I bet a small part of it is them not knowing how to let go of the control, despite their “leave and cleave” BS.  

The book description lists these questions and I can see every one of them relating to Jill and Derick.  Maybe one of their parents suggested it. 

Is it OK to give advice to my grown child?

What's the difference between enabling and helping?

What do I do when my child doesn't seem to be maturing into adulthood?

How do I relate to my grown child's significant other?

What does it mean to have healthy financial boundaries?

How can I support my grown children when I don't support their values?

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 21
18 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Maybe Jill isn’t reading the book in relation to her own children, but from the perspective of a child of Jim Bob and Michelle. There seems to be a rift there and I bet a small part of it is them not knowing how to let go of the control, despite their “leave and cleave” BS.  

The book description lists these questions and I can see every one of them relating to Jill and Derick.  Maybe one of their parents suggested it. 

That's exactly what I was thinking, and if so, that is interesting. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
24 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

That is an interesting list of questions. Every single one, excepting the values one, applies to Boobchelle.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 7

I think part of it is the jurisdictions.  They cooked one meal a day and were responsible for parts of child rearing and did things like shopping together as a family.  She didn't learn how to integrate multiple activities or how to plan a day.  Scheduling was someone else's responsibility.  There is the possibility that someone else was doing more parenting than is suspected possibly Jim Bob, Mary, or Jana?  

• Useful 3
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

Plus, I truly wonder how much they actually stuck to this "system" .  I always had a sinking suspicion that most of it was for show and the majority of the time, it was non-stop chaos.                     

Even with the system, it would be non-stop chaos.   Michelle was overwhelmed by herself with 7.   Pre-teen and young teen sister-moms would be overwhelmed with the 3 or 4 buddies they had.

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. Many of us have long suspected TLC paid for professional cleaning crews to get the house in shape before filming. Given how nasty Jill and Jessa are with their own homes, there's no way regular cleaning was a part of their routine. 

Also, those kids grew up in such isolation, where would they have learned any housekeeping skills if they never saw them?  Both Jill and Jessa spent much of their formative years living in a 2 bedroom house with a dozen or more people.  Even if Michelle was the most meticulous and talented housekeeper in the world, there is no way that house wasn't a cluttered mess even when ostensibly clean.

• Love 23

I’d feel bad for her if she , now having been out in the world, had some awareness of her shortcomings and worked on them    But she doesn’t   She’s a stunted teenager playing adult.  But she has actual children that need her to grow the hell up   I’m just glad she can’t be suckered into be a luluroe distributor 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, dariafan said:

I’d feel bad for her if she , now having been out in the world, had some awareness of her shortcomings and worked on them    But she doesn’t   She’s a stunted teenager playing adult.  But she has actual children that need her to grow the hell up   I’m just glad she can’t be suckered into be a luluroe distributor 

She's had ample time and exposure to the world to have acquired a clue.  But no, she lives in complete obliviousness, clinging to D'Wreck and being overwhelmed by two children and the care of a house.

• Love 11