Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, dariafan said:

I wonder if there is a phone tree that their church people use in case they get a Dillard invite?  Like they call and ask what excuses have already been used ?

I agree. So rude to expect your guests to cook for 20 people! 

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Third generation? Haha x 100. Not unless you dolts send your kids to an actual school and Dreck actually helps with their education. 

The boys will not get anything from Jill educating them. 

Jeez how delusional are those 2 are.

I think there's a good chance that at some point, Dreck will insist his sons go to a real school and get a real education so they can go to college, get decent jobs, and get out from under his roof.  The way he and Jill celebrate when they have time together without the kids, tells me that, unlike his idiot FIL, he has no interest in keeping them around for any longer than is necessary.  

That hardly makes him a good parent, but in this case I think the boys will benefit because their father doesn't like having them around.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
20 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

A comment on Derick’s post: “Will your kids attend college?”. His answer, “probably “.

Another comment, “Sadly, that won’t happen.”. Derick’s response:

52C63405-F068-4D9B-96B6-F671DE9AAE46.jpeg

This is for sure a time I hope Derick puts two + two together and realizes his kids need someone other than Jill to educate them. Let it be the desire for a three-Pete. Any motivation is a good motivation if the boys and any future siblings can obtain a good education.

• Love 21
10 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Third generation? Haha x 100. Not unless you dolts send your kids to an actual school and Dreck actually helps with their education. 

The boys will not get anything from Jill educating them. 

Jeez how delusional are those 2 are.

I just had this image of Dreck and Jill telling Izzy he is going to be the third generation Pistol Pete and Izzy just shows up thinking he can be the third generation of Pistol Pete not realizing he needs a real education and well as applying to the University to even have a chance to be Pistol Pete.  After all the Duggars just show up and think every one should do what they want them to do.

I do hope that Derick realizes the kids need to go to a real school, or even get involved in a homeschooling co-op to give them a chance.  But then again Jim Boob and MEchelle had a real life growing up and look at what happened to their kids.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Pistol Pete is such a nightmarish creature.

I don't get this, either. I think it must be because not only was learning not modelled and respected in the Duggar household, it was actively discouraged. When your "education" is mostly bankruptcy law and Bible verses and your parents actively try to prevent you from learning any critical thinking skills lest they undermine the belief system, you may never learn how to learn.

And I evidently joined here in March 2014, after the demise of TwoP.

I am cautiously optimistic that grandmother Derrick will take an interest in the education of those boys and at least encourage her son to make sure they get a better education than Jill got.  There are online programs that will give them a public school education that they can do at home.   Of course, some of it will  conflict with what Jill supposedly learned.  At least they will grow up knowing that their dad went to college and law school.  That should make them at least curious about the world outside the Duggersphere.

I joined a little later than you,  in May 2014--- hence my screen name.

• Love 5

I am also cautiously optimistic that Derick will eventually send the boys to a real school hopefully sooner rather than later.  He has to be aware of Jill's deficiencies and the sad reality of his brothers-in-law.  He may have Peter Pan Syndrome as he flits from one course of study to another, but at the end of the day, he grew up in a home where people get a real education and real jobs.  He doesn't strike me as the type to want to support  two grown-ass adults well into adulthood.  Derick strikes me as the do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do type.  I see control freak tendencies in Derick, but nothing like his father-in-law.  

• Love 17

I joined in March of 2014, but didn't post for about a year or so.  

I also remember having great hope for Jill and Derick to break the mold , but alas, I was wrong

Maybe there is a 'teensy' chance that Israel and Sam will attend an 'out of home' school for at least part of their education.  

I can only hope......

• Love 6

I think Derick expects his kids to go to college and will make sure their education is advanced enough to ensure that happens. He isn't going to put down his wife or homeschooling in social media, but once the boys have surpassed Jill's ability to teach them, God is going to reveal to them His plan for the boys to go to Christian school. He'll then post that that has been Plan A all along and he has no idea why everyone thought they would be home schooled until they were old enough to get their GED or fake high school diploma.

• Love 20
On 9/23/2019 at 2:15 PM, Suzn said:

I've enjoyed the reminiscing about the early posts on this thread.  I was reading it then but never posted anything until much later.  You will have to take my word for it because I didn't post it then, but I never for one minute thought Derick was going to be a positive influence for Jill.  I never thought he would lead her out of the cult.  The few changes she has made are very superficial and he is a hate filled lunatic.

The reason I was not a optimistic as many were was simply because he sought out Jim-Bob.  That told me exactly who he was.

I wasn't here then, but I was a broken record about this in other parts when Derick showed up. He sought out Jim Bob and wanted to be a missionary. No fucking way was he going to be a normalizing influence on Jill. 

On 9/22/2019 at 6:02 PM, Barb23 said:

You can click on your user name & it will bring up your personal page which includes the date you started.

I just double checked mine & I started posting on 9/13/14 so I just celebrated my 5 year anniversary with PTV (Now Primetimer) which was about 5 months after Jill's thread started.  Wow!

I started lurking on TWoP for a while then when they folded I  switched my lurking  to PrevTV.

@Happyfatchick I do remember you posting way back about your daughter & what you went through.

@awaken  Thanks for bringing over the posts from past for Jill.  It is interesting to see what we predicted.  

Thanks for the instructions!  I started 4/1/14.  CANNOT believe it has been that long.

On 9/23/2019 at 8:54 AM, ginger90 said:

Oh please.  The only way one of her kids is wearing that getup is if they pry it off Dickweed's lifeless body.  

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

And apparently work on construction projects for them as well. I'll bet the Wilsons (whoever they are) wised up fast and didn't accept many more invitations.

2 tsps. of Liquid Smoke? That's just nasty.

The Wilsons are big fundie family the Duggars were friends with. They're still around. The father passed away a few years ago. One of the oldest boys, Jacob Wilson, is one of the many non-loves of Jana Duggar. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 9/23/2019 at 8:19 AM, Barb23 said:

Their backyard looks so sad. I would love to have a flat yard that size.  But not a tree or other vegetation in sight.  Maybe she is on the outs with her family.  I'm sure Jana has plenty of leftover plants to give her not to mention the Howlers to help build & plant things. They could have a patio built in a day. 

My yard in base housing in Minot was like that. The kids loved it. They could run around and kick the ball and whatnot and not have to worry about anything, plus it was easy to take care of. Mowing took 20 minutes.. Our house now in Virginia has bushes and trees and flowerbeds, which I love.. But I have to keep reminding the kids to stay out of the flowerbed, stop kicking the soccer balls etc under the bushes.  So its a trade off. Those stupid bibs. My younger and more vocal twin who is 3 asked why those boys were wearing "baby stuff" (her words). I had no real answer for her. I'm so glad that dreck is such a groundbreaking husband, and suggested eating outside. 

Edited by QuinnInND
Because ass and was are 2 different words.
  • LOL 15
  • Love 5

I wonder that Jill doesn’t have some strange type of blindness and she sees everything in only sepia tones. It might explain the beige or dullness that she seems to have a great fondness for. (Yes, I’m aware that only men are subject to being colorblind). 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

It's always about her talking asshole.  She could have said "had a fun day making cookies with the boys & decided to take some to dad at school."  but nope.  Because it's never about the kids or doing something with or for them.  It's about the asshole.  Always. 

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I wonder that Jill doesn’t have some strange type of blindness and she sees everything in only sepia tones. It might explain the beige or dullness that she seems to have a great fondness for. (Yes, I’m aware that only men are subject to being colorblind). 

Actually women can be colorblind.  About half of one percent of the population are women with some form of colorblindness.  For typical red-green colorblindness it takes a father who is color blind and a mother who is a carrier to produce a color blind daughter.  http://www.colourblindawareness.org/colour-blindness/inherited-colour-vision-deficiency/

I know we think it is funny about Derrick suggesting the kids eat outside instead of Jill coming up with the idea, but I am about to give her a pass on that.   It has been so miserably hot in the south in recent weeks that we just quit going outside unless it was necessary.  We got out of the habit of taking our daily walk due to the heat, and we are just now getting back to it.  I suspect she may have gotten out of the habit of going outside, too.   Or maybe not.....

I didn't try to enlarge the picture.  I guess it is possible that there is a large grassy space with maybe some trees and flowers that aren't in the picture.  But maybe not if it is a new development.  I have lost track of where any of them live.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

This is visiting him during lunch time at WalMart all over again.

But now with kids in bed when he gets home, I think we have evidence that they have two cars. Which makes that broken window episode that much more heinous.

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
On 9/23/2019 at 1:06 PM, MunichNark said:

Bahahahaha, that too.

jll is just so damn clueless in everything she does. She cant cook, clean, raise children, look after that house, take decent photos..why does she not learn?

On 9/23/2019 at 3:37 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Because she was never taught. Just told more or less how to do things by an older sibling. 

Many people reach adulthood without being taught all the basics and learn them as an adult.  There is nothing stopping Jill from learning to do all those things.  Nothing! Absolutely nothing -  except apparently her upbringing stunted her; it wiped out curiosity, the desire to explore, the need to be good at something.  She was taught that she and her family were special.  She was taught that watching a expert do something briefly made her an expert.  She was led to believe that that she was so intrinsically superior that she didn't need to learn anything more but that she could teach others. She's even  a sex expert (correction a marital sex expert).

If a person considers themselves not needing to learn anything, you can be sure they will stay ignorant.

Just for fun I looked for my first post about Derick:

Jill & Derick Dullard: Counting On (Donations)

Suzn replied to Chris Knight's topic in Counting On

Derick's chompers remind me of the Doggie-Dentures in the DentaStix ads.

June 29, 2015

Edited by Suzn
Adding copy of old post
  • LOL 7
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

But now with kids in bed when he gets home, I think we have evidence that they have two cars. Which makes that broken window episode that much more heinous.

What do you want to bet the window thing was because they are too lazy to switch out the car seats?

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Jill probably texts him 100 times a day. 

Yay bae I’m home making you cookies! 

Dereck Gags upon reading the text.

Then he turns to Becky in the third row and tells her they have to be subtle because Jill is outside.

8 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Oh please.  The only way one of her kids is wearing that getup is if they pry it off Dickweed's lifeless body.  

I would not be surprised if "dress like Pistol Pete" is one of Derick and Jill's sex tips. Maybe Jill rubs Pistol Pete with lotion. 😉

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

We were sooo close to having a Jill-free day. 

Until this....

It was a rainy day, so they stayed in and made cookies. Good so far.  Then they went out in the rain over to the college campus and walked a long way in the rain to bring Derrick cookies.  Really Jill?  Too rainy for the boys to be outside except when you want to be. She says the weather was nice, but you can see rain drops on their clothes.  Also, take the kid to work day is in April.  Hope she doesn’t intend to sit in on his client meetings and bring the kids. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, mythoughtis said:

It was a rainy day, so they stayed in and made cookies. Good so far.  Then they went out in the rain over to the college campus and walked a long way in the rain to bring Derrick cookies.  Really Jill?  Too rainy for the boys to be outside except when you want to be.  Also, take the kid to work day is in April.  Hope she doesn’t intend to sit in on his client meetings and bring the kids. 

Yes, she does. It wouldn't occur to her to not do that.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Jill will probably become his personal assistant/secretary at work. 

Which is how Israel and Sam end up in an actual school. Sounds like a win-win solution to me.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I seriously think Dereck will run away to Nepal in the future. Jill is suffocating him with her hair and adoration.

It wouldn't surprise me. In a span of five years he's gone from Nepal to Walmart to Danger America to law school. He doesn't seem content to be in one place for too long. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 15