Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

There are a few names from the very early pages who still post here...Absolom showed up on page one, as did Big Sky Girl (though I think she is taking a break here). Sew Sumi and Marigold showed up on page two. I think I've been here since pretty early in the game as well.

I've been reading here incognito since 2014.  I can't remember when I signed up, though.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, lulu69 said:

So now  Jill is seeking attention for actually brushing her stringy hair ?? Jill honey, newsflash, most normal people brush their hair every day, sometimes several times a day. And they don't feel compelled to post about it for attention and 'likes'. 

As previous posters have said, just when you think the bar couldn't possibly be any lower, the Duggars manage to lower it more.

I don't know why she just doesn't braid it when in bed and sick.  Stays out of the way.  When my hair was mid back I HAD to sleep in Laura Ingalls braid (and it looked as stupid as it sounds) to keep from sleeping on it and to be able to roll over.  

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I don't know why she just doesn't braid it when in bed and sick.  Stays out of the way.  When my hair was mid back I HAD to sleep in Laura Ingalls braid (and it looked at stupid as it sounds) to keep from sleeping on it and to be able to roll over.  

Imagine all of those long, long strands of hair loose in Jill's bed.  Just yuck!  Getting tangled up in your toes and maybe even getting in your mouth.  So gross!

I often think of the ultra hairy floors the fundies must have.  I have jaw length hair and the husband's is very short and it's still all I can do to keep on top of hairy floors.

And I don't want to think about their shower drains!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Big Sky Girl got banned 😞

What?! Why? From PTV?  They seem so relaxed and reasonable here- what could she have done?

40 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I don't know why she just doesn't braid it when in bed and sick.  Stays out of the way.  When my hair was mid back I HAD to sleep in Laura Ingalls braid (and it looked at stupid as it sounds) to keep from sleeping on it and to be able to roll over.  

I was going to post that suggestion if she hadn’t blocked me. Sleeping in a braid, along with regular washing, conditioning, and brushing, and cutting it to a manageable length should help keep it from getting overly tangled.

You’d think they’d know these things as long hair lovers but apparently not. 

• Love 12
On 4/1/2014 at 12:49 AM, CarolMK said:

I'm happy for Jill. She appears to be marrying a guy who is ready for it, isn't her fiance 25? Whereas Ben is still only 18, I can't believe he's ready to get married to Jessa yet. Maybe Jill will marry first. Probably sometime this spring or summer. 

Bringing these comments over from page one as a blast from the past! I was around and reading then, although didn’t post on page one! I think it’s pretty interesting to look at our comments back then, and see how it all turned out! 

We were absolutely dead on with some of our predictions, and couldn’t have been more wrong with others! 

On 4/1/2014 at 4:13 AM, Lillybee said:

Jill seems to be happy with her guy. Her smiles are reflected in her eyes which is rare in fundieland.  Derick graduated from OSU and not college minus. He has a job and is doing seminary on line. Jill always wanted to be a missionary and midwife and it looks like Boob found her a guy that will help her do that.

On 4/1/2014 at 5:30 AM, MrMattyMatt said:

Seems like Derrick has just recently started working for Walmart as an accountant.   It will be interesting to see and here about someone so closely related to the Duaggrs can manage such a mainstream job.   He definitely seems the most "normal" to penetrate the cult.

On 4/6/2014 at 11:13 PM, auntie thesis said:

Wal-mart HQ is in Bentonville, not Fayetteville. Bentonville is a short drive from the compound. Also Wal-mart corporate is one of the biggest employers in the region, if not the country. It's an Arkansas native business as well. Nice job with some perks down the road if he sticks with it.

I wish Jill the best. Same with Jessa. I predict that both will be riding the train to mommy-town within the next 18 months-2years, maybe sooner. Please no more toilet births....for the love of Gawd.

On 4/8/2014 at 9:23 PM, Marigny said:

Honestly, I don't see Jill stuck in the house on Derrick's watch. I see him wanting to share his passions and them traveling the world together. I also don't see them having more than 4 kids. To me, they come across as two people who truly have a heart for serving others.

On 4/9/2014 at 8:37 AM, floridamom said:

It might be a little early for this statement regarding Jill and Derrick, but here goes: Re; Jill continuing her studies in midwifery and being allowed to "work in it", If Derrick and Jill become engaged officially to marry, I would hope that they would address their views on her continuing to do just that and if they are going to "space out" children. That would be the only way that Jill count possible continue her studies and actually put them in practice, but that would mean that Derrick has a working wife, which seems to go against the Duggars' religious beliefs... I'm waiting anxiously for that address....One can only hope.

On 4/10/2014 at 11:44 AM, floridamom said:

I hope Jill's husband picks completing her career and waits on the baby thing. Those girls ALL need an opportunity to know what life can hold besides changing diapers and cleaning. I'd like to hear from Derrick's mom. I understand his father passed away, so, how is Mrs. Dillard supporting herself and her household? That is a good question for the Duggars as to what are the alternatives to this lifestyle if the unthinkable happens to any of the husbands? I hope Mrs. Dillard etal., are regular mainstream Christians. That would be a good lesson/experience for the Duggars, maybe they won't be so hoity. (hope I spelled it right).

On 4/12/2014 at 2:57 PM, SpaghettiTuesdays said:

Derick looks ruggedly handsome in a non-traditional way. They look super cute together in the picture below.

http://www.crushable.com/2014/04/09/entertainment/jill-duggar-engaged-to-derick-dillard-19-kids-and-counting-saving-kiss-for-wedding-day/

Haha haha  ruggedly handsome in a nontraditional way!  😂 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 18
  • Love 1

I got curious and looked back.  I didn't post on this thread until page 120 and I was more positive towards J&D back then.  Nowadays I would have to say that they are my least favorite Duggar couple..  Derick is especially off putting.  It's hard for me to hate on Jill - she tries so hard and she's married to a person I find pretty repulsive.  I'm talking about his personality, more than his looks.  But I think they both favor Sam over Izzy and are really rough on Izzy.  That's the way it appears.  I hope I'm wrong!

• Love 10

👋 I know I was at least lurking from the very beginning - pretty sure I would DIE a long, strangling death to read my own posts from that far back.   When I first found this group, I had just “caught” my very own daughter listening to a Michelle Duggar instructional video on child rearing.  I only had the vaguest idea who the Duggar family were.  Those people with all the kids.   But I did know (from their dress code alone) that they were fundamentalists (and I know it sounds elitist, but we - as a family - are not).   I had some seriously fuzzy notion of them being part of a cult.  So I began to dig and research and try to figure out what was happening in my daughters head.  And that’s how I ended up here.  

I won’t go into the whole cray that turned out to be my daughters life. I will say that while I’m not ready to label it a cult, it did turn out to be a demoralizing, pathetic, ridiculous and literally dangerous belief system.  I know for certain there are varying degrees of commitment, and YMMV.  I just know what we went through, how horrible and painful.

and that’s why I stay around now.  ‘Cuz I’m guarding my gates.

• Useful 2
  • Love 20

People actually participated in this poll !

26321249-15E9-49C7-A6B0-085B865A8B3E.jpeg

So, it was.........

Jeanne’s Sloppy Joes

Mar 25, 2019 | Recipes | 4 

This is an easy, 5 ingredient recipe that is sure to please! Our friends from Mississippi, the Wilsons, always made their Aunt Jeanne’s Sloppy Joes when they were visiting my family in Arkansas. This recipe would be multiplied several times over and was usually served with a side of several pounds of party potatoes for a quick lunch to feed a crowd (that crowd usually included 10+ hungry guys coming from a construction job). 

1 pkg. hamburger buns or sandwich bread for serving

Ingredients:

1 pound ground beef or turkey

1/2 C. ketchup 

1/2 C. BBQ sauce

1/2 envelope dry onion soup mix

2 tsp. liquid smoke

Directions: Brown meat, drain. Add all other ingredients, heat through. Serve on buns or sandwich bread. Enjoy! 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

People actually participated in this poll !

26321249-15E9-49C7-A6B0-085B865A8B3E.jpeg

So, it was.........

Jeanne’s Sloppy Joes

Mar 25, 2019 | Recipes | 4 

This is an easy, 5 ingredient recipe that is sure to please! Our friends from Mississippi, the Wilsons, always made their Aunt Jeanne’s Sloppy Joes when they were visiting my family in Arkansas. This recipe would be multiplied several times over and was usually served with a side of several pounds of party potatoes for a quick lunch to feed a crowd (that crowd usually included 10+ hungry guys coming from a construction job). 

1 pkg. hamburger buns or sandwich bread for serving

Ingredients:

1 pound ground beef or turkey

1/2 C. ketchup 

1/2 C. BBQ sauce

1/2 envelope dry onion soup mix

2 tsp. liquid smoke

Directions: Brown meat, drain. Add all other ingredients, heat through. Serve on buns or sandwich bread. Enjoy! 

No onions or celery or bell peppers or SEASONINGS. And once again, she posted a picture of the least appetizing phase of the process. Grey meat does not look tasty, Jill.

Edited by jcbrown
  • LOL 3
  • Love 21
7 hours ago, louannems said:

I've been reading here incognito since 2014.  I can't remember when I signed up, though.

You can click on your user name & it will bring up your personal page which includes the date you started.

I just double checked mine & I started posting on 9/13/14 so I just celebrated my 5 year anniversary with PTV (Now Primetimer) which was about 5 months after Jill's thread started.  Wow!

I started lurking on TWoP for a while then when they folded I  switched my lurking  to PrevTV.

@Happyfatchick I do remember you posting way back about your daughter & what you went through.

@awaken  Thanks for bringing over the posts from past for Jill.  It is interesting to see what we predicted.  

• Love 12
18 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

If they are so modest and religious why do they shave their legs/armpits and wear makeup? 

They should be in au natural state lol.

Women in their natural state aren't good enough for Gothard-type headships. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

No onions or celery or bell peppers or SEASONINGS. And once again, she posted a picture of the least appetizing phase of the process. Grey meat does not look tasty, Jill.

I honestly thought it was caramel corn. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

I joined here in May 2014 and my first post on any Duggar thread was on this one, page 32.  I know I read here awhile before posting.  I remember the initial poll to name the thread when Jill got engaged.

And, yes, I also felt unreasonably optimistic about Jill's future when she got engaged to Derick, a guy with a real college education who'd experienced very different cultures and who came from a family with only 2 kids and a working mom.  How delusional I was!

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 19

I’ve been here since March, 2015, and like many of you I thankfully found this forum when TWOP folded. 

And, like many of you, I thought Jill’s love story was going to bring her into the real world by being a missionary, and helping to birth babies. Sigh.

• Love 6

I lurked on TV Without Pity until they folded and then lurked on PTV until I finally registered. On TV Without Pity to be honest I was afraid of the mods and had no desire to be told off by them. Here I lurked because I was still working and was usually so behind there was no point in commenting. Now that I'm retired I spend entirely too much time here.

• Love 17

3 pictures, 2nd is a video: (she had one in her stories of Derick eating. I didn’t want to make anyone ill.She thanked Derick for suggesting they eat outside.)

3 pictures, 2nd is a video: (she had one in her stories of Derick eating. I didn’t want to make anyone ill.)

Edited by ginger90
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7

Their backyard looks so sad. I would love to have a flat yard that size.  But not a tree or other vegetation in sight.  Maybe she is on the outs with her family.  I'm sure Jana has plenty of leftover plants to give her not to mention the Howlers to help build & plant things. They could have a patio built in a day. 

• Love 16
20 hours ago, awaken said:

Bringing these comments over from page one as a blast from the past! I was around and reading then, although didn’t post on page one! I think it’s pretty interesting to look at our comments back then, and see how it all turned out! 

We were absolutely dead on with some of our predictions, and couldn’t have been more wrong with others! 

Haha haha  ruggedly handsome in a nontraditional way!  😂 

I think what nobody could have predicted & one of the most surprising things was how fast the Dugg children got married off.   Seven kids got married off between the time frame of June 2014 (Jill) to Nov 2018 (JD).  Not to mention the quick succession of the births of the grands. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Not until he graduates high school.

Cause you know laundry only once a week.   I do laundry more than her and I’m just a single person.  My dog doesn’t wear clothes.  She won’t let me get them on her 

• LOL 15
On 9/21/2019 at 6:42 AM, Panopticon said:

I always thought maybe she just burned herself out young. She threw herself into raising her buddies (and to her credit there’s obviously a very real bond there to this day). She thought that getting married would be some kind of promotion— she gets to be big pregnant all the time while her husband praises her and someone else does the daily grind with the kids once they’re weaned. Instead, she had a hard time with pregnancy and no live-in helpers. And of course her husband disdains her.

I think there is a lot of truth to this.  And watching Jill may be enough to discourage Jana from marriage.  Still she should be able to manage two children fairly easily after growing up in that zoo of 19.   I do think she may have thrived in all the commotion, and she doesn't quite know how to live in an average size family.  

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

Im waiting for the hashtag ‘thanks for suggesting i use the loo, besthubbyevaaahhh,

I’m waiting for #besthubbyeveah to suggest cutting the tangled mess of hair instead of spending 15 minutes trying to comb it out with a doll sized travel brush. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Bahahahaha, that too.

jll is just so damn clueless in everything she does. She cant cook, clean, raise children, look after that house, take decent photos..why does she not learn?

Because she was never taught. Just told more or less how to do things by an older sibling. 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Because she was never taught. Just told more or less how to do things by an older sibling. 

yet Jill probably wasn't because she was an older sibling.

we cannot imagine the way they lived in the early years pre laundry room breakdown.  there were what 6 or 7 kids then in a tiny house? all blanket trained to instantly obey. 

they were never taught to learn or care for another. Jill had the jurisdiction of James, and whichever buddies

Early on TLC liked to show the kids "learning" things like using power tools in flip flops and making laundry soap with a power drill. but their real life caring for others skills are at a 10 yr old level it seems

• Love 4
21 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The Duggars let their guests cook for them. All 14+ of them.

And apparently work on construction projects for them as well. I'll bet the Wilsons (whoever they are) wised up fast and didn't accept many more invitations.

2 tsps. of Liquid Smoke? That's just nasty.

• Love 14
19 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

And apparently work on construction projects for them as well. I'll bet the Wilsons (whoever they are) wised up fast and didn't accept many more invitations.

2 tsps. of Liquid Smoke? That's just nasty.

Have the duggars ever explicitly said that males are allowed to eat more than females? I'm betting those hungry men from the construction site got more than their fair share! I could see Michelle guilting the girls into eating tiny portions, ugh. 

BTW, I was looking back at page one. A thought just occurred to me: I wonder if people would have liked Jill and Derick as much if it hadn't been for Jessa! Their relationship seemed like a foil to Benessa, because they acted happy, and Jessa acted totally unenthusiastic about Bin. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Pistol Pete is such a nightmarish creature.

4 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Bahahahaha, that too.

jll is just so damn clueless in everything she does. She cant cook, clean, raise children, look after that house, take decent photos..why does she not learn?

I don't get this, either. I think it must be because not only was learning not modelled and respected in the Duggar household, it was actively discouraged. When your "education" is mostly bankruptcy law and Bible verses and your parents actively try to prevent you from learning any critical thinking skills lest they undermine the belief system, you may never learn how to learn.

And I evidently joined here in March 2014, after the demise of TwoP.

• Love 12