Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Chris Knight

Jill & Derick Dullard: Counting On (Donations)

11 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

This is more appropriate for her thread, but joy is, to me one of the more damaged daughters. It’s like the hollowed out any kind of personality and just told her the kind of life she’s going to have, and she’s fine going along with it. No education of her own,  or will of her own.  At least Jill has a personality,  all be at one of the 13-year-old girl.

Interesting.  I will look at this from a different angle to see if I agree. Though Joy was so young we don't know when or if the lightbulb went on.

I do agree that Jill is the age she was abused.  Classic stuff when discussed with drugs, drinking and promiscuous behavior.

Edited by fonfereksglen · Reason: JillRs random caps suddenly appeared.
  • Sad 9

Maybe after the horrendous labors and deliveries that Jill had, she has scarring in her female organs that could make conception a bit less likely?

• Like 9

I see Derrick and Jill as two people desperately searching for their direction in life, which isn't really a problem for their age (although they are both getting a little long in the tooth for their early 20s madly off in all directions ways). As public figures, they certainly aren't coming off as people who have it all together, which I think is what they desperately want.

I wonder how they reconcile their belief that they know the Will Of God with the fact that all of their ventures (accountant, midwifery, missionaries, ministry, lifestyle gurus) seem to have been mediocre at best. Do they think God wants them to try lots of things or are they not praying hard enough to get 'his' message? 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

7 hours ago, floridamom said:

Maybe after the horrendous labors and deliveries that Jill had, she has scarring in her female organs that could make conception a bit less likely?

I'm holding onto the "Jill is now infertile" notion until/unless she gets pregnant again.  I do think that Sam's birth damaged her physically.  Or if Jill comes out and says they are on birth control, I might rethink that notion, but I don't think she could even bring herself to think about being on birth control, much less do it, headship or no headship.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

If they’re having sex three to four times a week, it doesn’t really matter if they’re timing intercourse — they should be hitting her fertile window basically every month. After eighteen months, 93 percent of couples not using contraception of some kind (not sure if this stat includes NFP as “contraception,” but it probably does) will conceive. Unless they have acquired fertility problems, it’s extremely unlikely that they would not have conceived again by now without contraception. 

It couldn't include NFP because NFP requires abstaining from intercourse for a week to 10 days each month.  NFP can be pretty effective with a motivated, educated couple who stick to the guidelines.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, Fosca said:

I'm holding onto the "Jill is now infertile" notion until/unless she gets pregnant again.  I do think that Sam's birth damaged her physically.  Or if Jill comes out and says they are on birth control, I might rethink that notion, but I don't think she could even bring herself to think about being on birth control, much less do it, headship or no headship.

Didn't Derick state in that video that Jill wouldn't have a baby this year (2019)? I don't know, I still think that Derick is preventing pregnancy without Jill's consent.

34 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Didn't Derick state in that video that Jill wouldn't have a baby this year (2019)? I don't know, I still think that Derick is preventing pregnancy without Jill's consent.

Derick likes to play with his words all the time. Jill would have had to have been 4 or 5 months pregnant when the question was asked, to have a baby in 2019.

• Like 2

My kids start school tomorrow. My 3 year old twins will be in preschool 3 days a week. I feel bad for Izzy that he'll never get to do that. Or go to 3rd grade like my 8 year old.  He's stuck with stupid parents and no education or socializing. Sad. 

• Sad 10

7 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Izzy got YouTube for education and socializing...

He's already become an orthopedic surgeon via YouTube videos. (Which is more than I can say) 

• Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Fosca said:

2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Didn't Derick state in that video that Jill wouldn't have a baby this year (2019)? I don't know, I still think that Derick is preventing pregnancy without Jill's consent.Counting On

My theory is that after Sam's birth, doctors advised Jill to not have any more children. This could be the reason that family members were seen crying when they visited Jill in the hospital. Whether her tubes were tied or whether they're using BC is anyone's guess. 

As for Derick's "not this year" remark, I think he knows there will be no more blessings but is being vague about it because it would hurt their brand to admit that they're no longer letting God decide the size of their family.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, QuinnInND said:

My kids start school tomorrow. My 3 year old twins will be in preschool 3 days a week. I feel bad for Izzy that he'll never get to do that. Or go to 3rd grade like my 8 year old.  He's stuck with stupid parents and no education or socializing. Sad. 

My mother told me I cried my first day of preschool because I had so much fun I didn't want to leave. I think Izzy desperately needs a break from his parents. Jill is too dumb to figure out why a bored, undersocialized four year-old is driving her nuts, so she resents him and pushes him to the side. A few hours of space every day would do all of them a world of good. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I still think that Derick is preventing pregnancy without Jill's consent.

He's her headship. He doesn't need her consent, he just tells her how it's going to be and that's that.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

So the window in their car wouldn’t go up. They taped a bag over it. The bag broke. It started to rain, Samuel was scared. Perhaps they could have put his seat in the middle, Jill could have sat next to him?

Nope! Instead we get these gems:

7778A8D0-D83E-4CA3-9B67-1E30610D53A3.jpeg

AAE85342-3214-4ABE-8439-D0B1FD2DFEA8.jpeg

3E240E22-07FC-4FB8-BC17-43306B4C08E1.jpeg

• Like 2

Oh my kid is terrified! Let’s Insta this! 😭🤑#poorbaby #jkIdontreallygiveafuck #hopingtogetdonations #payformywindow #isaskingforanewcartoomuch? 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, allonsyalice said:

Poor Sam. His mother doesn't care about his feelings in the slightest. 

I wouldn’t expect her to be any other way.  One of the worst things that I’ve seen out of these 2 assholes was when they had Izzy on a boat, in the middle of a lake, and Izzy was scared to death.  The 2 assholes basically told him to suck it up.  Izzy was maybe 3-years-old.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Aethera

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.