Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, allonsyalice said:

Poor Sam. His mother doesn't care about his feelings in the slightest. 

I wouldn’t expect her to be any other way.  One of the worst things that I’ve seen out of these 2 assholes was when they had Izzy on a boat, in the middle of a lake, and Izzy was scared to death.  The 2 assholes basically told him to suck it up.  Izzy was maybe 3-years-old.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Some commented on Israel being improperly strapped in his car seat. Omg at the people defending it on her Instagram.

432172AB-643C-46CC-BFCF-B8B9B8A99AA3.jpeg

From the looks of things, they're deleting comments.

3 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

If they didn’t keep tons of crap in their NEW garage, they could park the car there.  Crisis averted !

How much crap could they have accumulated?  They've got a two car garage, don't they?  

• Love 1

Rather than traumatize their son, they could have borrowed a car or skipped church like rational human beings.  Those two are so incompetent at life I can imagine Israel will outpace them by age 8.

• Love 20
7 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Didn't Derick state in that video that Jill wouldn't have a baby this year (2019)? I don't know, I still think that Derick is preventing pregnancy without Jill's consent.

Jill's consent doesn't matter -- now, does it? Derick is the headship and is supposed to make all of the decisions.

Condoms are the only form of birth control that Derick would have control over, and I can see Jill using nap time as an opportunity to poke holes in all of Derick's condoms.

Honestly, I wish all of these people would get off of the baby train -- at least for a while. It would be nice if they could all take some time to decide whether or not they want to be parents -- and how many children they can financially and emotionally manage. That won't happen, though, because they've all been programmed for years to believe that their own thoughts and desires don't matter. JB and J'chelle matter. Gothard matters. Having babies for Jesus matters. They, themselves, though, don't matter.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Some commented on Israel being improperly strapped in his car seat. Omg at the people defending it on her Instagram.

432172AB-643C-46CC-BFCF-B8B9B8A99AA3.jpeg

Who cares about the dirty seat?! It’s the looseness and totally incorrectly placed chest clip that are horrifying and why kids get ejected in accidents and rollovers “despite their [improperly used] seats.”

(And I’m happily child-free, but have plenty of car seat tech friends on FB. Parent-shaming online is ridiculous, and I’d be terrified to ever post a child in a child seat because there are so many things to nitpick and criticize, but I’d also *want* the safety feedback from car seat safety people to know I was good.)

4 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Jill's consent doesn't matter -- now, does it? Derick is the headship and is supposed to make all of the decisions.

Condoms are the only form of birth control that Derick would have control over, and I can see Jill using nap time as an opportunity to poke holes in all of Derick's condoms.

Yeah, that and pulling out. (🤢) Either way she’d know about it. The only way he’s unilaterally using birth control without her [at least] implicit, grudging consent is if he got a vasectomy or if he’s slipping her the pill in something else. The latter of which I really don’t see him doing. That’s a far, far cry from being fine with family planning, which he probably legitimately *was* up until his time as JB’s prayer partner preparing to court his daughter. But after two disasters, likely medical complications for both her and Sam, and a headship who’s fine with heeding the probable medical advice to hit pause, I see Jill very reluctantly going along and eventually generally accepting it. That their church, and now Jing, are also of the same mindset would certainly have helped.

Edited by WalrusGirl
Chest clip, not cheat clip
  • Love 7

don't you all just love the effort they put in to appearing as "average/normal people",  jill trying to get 'laudry' done while kids are napping. a malfunctioning car window, #boymom etc

Well all the while they are repeatedly dispensing advice and trying to prove their superior way of life

• Love 9

Izzy has never been in a good position.  Jill carried him incorrectly in her "body wrap" thingy when he was a newborn.  She pushed him in his car seat which was set atop a stroller.  She just doesn't get it, and I just hope an accident doesn't happen.

• Love 6

From Instagram stories:

6D48DA5C-AD47-4737-BD02-ED2E325EB8BF.jpeg

Butterscotch Brownies

Aug 26, 2019 | Recipes | 0 

These are my mom’s favorite brownies, and one of her favorite desserts! Our friends, the Querys, make these and they became one of our favorite sweet treats. 

Makes one 9×13″ pan

2 cups sucanat (coconut sugar or brown sugar work too)

4 t. water (omit if using brown sugar)

1/2 cup light olive oil

2 eggs

2 t. vanilla

1 1/2 cups flour

2 t. baking powder

1 t. salt

Grease 9×13″ pan. Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 min. (Do not over bake!) Let sit a few min before cutting and serving. 

*Tip: cut brownies with plastic knife to keep them from sticking as you cut! Works with most all brownies!*

This was followed by another “swipe up” to Derick’s post about loving your wife like you mean it.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, louannems said:

Wait!  So she makes butterscotch brownies without adding butterscotch chips?   Also, I cook with olive oil, but bake with it?  No!  Butter is needed for baking!

No butterscotch or chocolate in her butterscotch brownies! And as a baker I will use vegetable oil in baking but I don’t use olive oil. It definitely alters the flavor. 

• Love 19
On 8/24/2019 at 9:29 PM, Jeeves said:

I'm sure that's a typo, but I'm having fun imagining a Covenant Marriage Cook-Off. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

The food would probably be colorful and more flavorful than Jill’s

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Absolom said:

Rather than traumatize their son, they could have borrowed a car or skipped church like rational human beings.  Those two are so incompetent at life I can imagine Israel will outpace them by age 8.

Skip church and let Izzy think he’s important ???

• Love 1
12 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

That won't happen, though, because they've all been programmed for years to believe that their own thoughts and desires don't matter. JB and J'chelle matter. Gothard matters. Having babies for Jesus matters. They, themselves, though, don't matter.

I'm surprised it's being theorized that they are preventing pregnancy to spare Jill's life.  Baby, baby, baby!  Babies matter, not the birthing vessel.  Right?  I think they would easily choose to risk her health and life (or actually just ignore that there is a risk) rather than actively preventing pregnancy.  It's the equivalent of sticking their fingers in their ears and singing, la, la, la.  Who would they possibly listen to that would tell them they shouldn't attempt to have anymore children?  They know more than anyone else on this planet!  The Lord will carry them through!

• Love 2

I'm glad they're getting shit about Izzy's car seat! That shit pisses me off. The straps are too loose, the chest clip is way too low (Hey Jilly dumbass, it's called a CHEST clip for a reason) and it will not protect him in an accident. He'll either be ejected if God forbid they roll over, or hurt badly if they get into a non rollover accident. 

The video of Sammy makes me want to cry and beat Jilly and derelict to death with that umbrella. Freaking morons. Smh. 

Edited by QuinnInND
Because get and getting are two different words.
  • Love 24

YouTube videos of cops the tv show. That way they are already cops like grandpa.

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

From Instagram stories:

6D48DA5C-AD47-4737-BD02-ED2E325EB8BF.jpeg

Butterscotch Brownies

Aug 26, 2019 | Recipes | 0 

These are my mom’s favorite brownies, and one of her favorite desserts! Our friends, the Querys, make these and they became one of our favorite sweet treats. 

Makes one 9×13″ pan

2 cups sucanat (coconut sugar or brown sugar work too)

4 t. water (omit if using brown sugar)

1/2 cup light olive oil

2 eggs

2 t. vanilla

1 1/2 cups flour

2 t. baking powder

1 t. salt

Grease 9×13″ pan. Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 min. (Do not over bake!) Let sit a few min before cutting and serving. 

*Tip: cut brownies with plastic knife to keep them from sticking as you cut! Works with most all brownies!*

This was followed by another “swipe up” to Derick’s post about loving your wife like you mean it.

No butterscotch. Also the color of diarrhea. Basically the same color going in as going out. I will see myself out.

• LOL 8
21 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

I'm glad they're get shit about Izzy's car seat! That shit pisses me off. The straps are too loose, the chest clip is way too low (Hey Jilly dumbass, it's called a CHEST clip for a reason) and it will not protect him in an accident. He'll either be ejected if God forbid they roll over, or hurt badly if they get into a non rollover accident. 

The video of Sammy makes me want to cry and beat Jilly and derelict to death with that umbrella. Freaking morons. Smh. 

Yes, the chest clip needs to be on the chest/ribcage otherwise if you are in an accident the chest clip can seriously injure the child's internal organs. 

We can only hope that she is learning from the feedback. Please care about your children's safety Jill! A car accident is the most likely thing to happen with serious consequences. Every 16 minutes there is a FATAL car accident. 

People do not take driving seriously enough and there is absolutely NO excuse for improperly restraining your children in the car. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I would think the flavor would be off. Maybe half vegetable , and half olive, or just melted butter?

I’m not a baker!

My teenage niece once baked cupcakes with olive oil because she didn't have vegetable on hand, and they were disgusting. The taste definitely dominates the other flavors. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Ever hear of a repair shop, kids? 

Eventually yes, they will need one because they likely need a new actuator (lost 2 in a car I previously owned), but in the interim, it takes 2 minutes to pop off the door panel, push the window up, and use a pair of vice grips to hold it in place, killing the need for the plastic.  If the can't handle that, a rubber doorstop or two wedged under the window will hold it up (did that while we were travelling once).  

• Useful 7
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

My teenage niece once baked cupcakes with olive oil because she didn't have vegetable on hand, and they were disgusting. The taste definitely dominates the other flavors. 

There are certain recipes which it can be used in. There's a traditional Italian olive oil cake for one. I tried it recently during a family gathering at a restaurant - my foodie brother-in-law ordered it and was encouraging some of us to try it because so many were skeptical. I liked it, as did he (it also came with some lemon sorbet, which was a really nice combination), but no one else who was brave enough to try it cared for it at all.

I suppose the olive oil could conceivably work in this recipe, but it would be a very different "brownie" flavor, and I don't see it as something which would appeal to everyone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 8/24/2019 at 8:24 PM, fonfereksglen said:

Interesting.  I will look at this from a different angle to see if I agree. Though Joy was so young we don't know when or if the lightbulb went on.

I do agree that Jill is the age she was abused.  Classic stuff when discussed with drugs, drinking and promiscuous behavior.

I was bored this weekend and watched a lot of the X kids and counting eps.  It was interesting to see with the knowledge and confirmation of the abuse.  None of the girls had a light in their eyes.  Josh seemed happy as a clam and the parents seemed so out of touch.  Seeing poor Joy at that little age knowing what we know was very sad.  And I got mad all over again.  Fuck the adult Duggar's and fuck Josh.  

• Love 17
41 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

Eventually yes, they will need one because they likely need a new actuator (lost 2 in a car I previously owned), but in the interim, it takes 2 minutes to pop off the door panel, push the window up, and use a pair of vice grips to hold it in place, killing the need for the plastic.  If the can't handle that, a rubber doorstop or two wedged under the window will hold it up (did that while we were travelling once).  

Also a piece of wood like a 2x4 will work too. 

Ewwww!!!!!! One, throw the gum out. Two, she needs to cut about 18" off her crowning glory.. I mean that mess on her head. Three, how did Izzy get the gum in her hair in the first place?  It belongs in his mouth or in the trash. It's not to play with. That's not a mom problem. She's nuts. As a side note, peanut butter will get gum off of stuff, including hair. 

I got back from picking my kids up from the first day of school. They were so happy to see me and Mr Quinn, and tell us all about their day. They haven't stopped talking yet. Especially my 3 year olds. They thought they were very grown up going to school. The look of happiness on their faces when we picked them up, and the happiness of them telling us about their day, is something that Izzy won't ever have. And that makes me sad. I've never seen him happy. But truly happy like my kids are. 

• Love 19

Ewwwww!  That is disgusting!

ETA - I just realized I should specify what is disgusting, since there are 2 recent Jill being disgusting convos going on!  I'm referring to Izzy chewing the gum she found in her crowning glory mop.  The olive oil is yucky, but I don't eat blond brownies anyway.  

Edited by BetyBee
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

She can say that it’s a “healthy snack” that way.

She can try, but two cups of sugar?

I haven’t made blondies in years but their flavor is based totally on the sugar caramelizing in butter. There really isn’t anything else in the recipe other than vanilla that gives it any flavor at all.

So I can maybe see using olive oil for some other kind of dessert, but this?

Fail.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9