Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Chris Knight

Jill & Derick Dullard: Counting On (Donations)

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures:

Those pants are an absolute abomination and the shirt is only marginally better. Did she nap in those clothes, and then roll down a hill? Why are her clothes several sizes too big and completely unflattering? She has absolutely no fashion sense, and no eye for what makes a good promotional photo. 

• Like 18
  • Laugh 2

2 hours ago, EVS said:

Maybe they are afraid to use the tv because Izzy might learn to turn the tv on

Being that the TV is like 5 feet from the laptop, I am sure Izzy knows how to turn it on.   Why force everyone  to watch the small laptop screen with the crappy audio? 

• Like 10

If the pants were two sizes smaller and PRESSED, and the blouse was one size smaller, the outfit could be cute. If she had some statement jewelry and her hair in a side braid with neutral sandals she would look pulled together. A little mature (my 71 year old mom would wear it in the fall), but it would be pulled together, and stylish.

Why does she wear her clothes so oversized AND wrinkled to boot!! 

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Did she nap in those clothes, and then roll down a hill?

No...she just....rolled in the hay. *squinty wink*

• Laugh 12

32 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Did she re-post the same old pics for a current promotion?

Yup. 

• Laugh 2

13 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

No...she just....rolled in the hay. *squinty wink*

Given that image, the only thing I could think of which those clothes might be useful for is a barf bag.

• Laugh 7

28 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Another company with the exact same clothes?

This. Why would she use the exact same bad photo she used to shill C&L clothes for a different company?

• Like 8

Didn't Jill and Jana use to make all the frumpywear of the Duggar clan once upon a time? One would think she'd be at least aware of the concept of hemming a pair of trousers.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

This. Why would she use the exact same bad photo she used to shill C&L clothes for a different company?

Didn't she say something like the blouse was already hers when she first posted the pictures (for C&L)?  Maybe she's now peddling the blouse for the new company. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Why would she use the exact same bad photo she used to shill C&L clothes for a different company?

She was advertising the same place (juniperwhatever) both times. She mentions the owner as being a friend of her sister-in-law the first time (back in June).

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

She was advertising the same place (juniperwhatever) both times. She mentions the owner as being a friend of her sister-in-law the first time (back in June).

Thank you! This has never had anything to do with Poultry and Gizzards. This is the second time Jill has advertised for this company and the second time she used these clothes to do it.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

22 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

As for not having the Duggars to snark on anymore...we will always have Derrick and the trapeze. Beige soup goop. “Yay!” Salad Dressing and Ranch. The Lama Sutra. And those are just some of the Dillard lowlights...

Snarkwise, the Duggars are the gift that keeps on giving.

We can treasure those memories forever 💕❤️

Jill’s striped shirt looks humongous!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

I can't imagine those pants inducing anyone to buy, frankly.  What did she "buy" - 1XL?  2XL?  You could so clearly fit two people's pairs of hips in there; and yes, the hem looks ridiculous also.  Nothing like buying clothes intended to look "nice" and last; and then you discover you've shredded the hems to bits underneath your heels 6 weeks later.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Those pants are an absolute abomination and the shirt is only marginally better. Did she nap in those clothes, and then roll down a hill? Why are her clothes several sizes too big and completely unflattering? She has absolutely no fashion sense, and no eye for what makes a good promotional photo. 

That and why did she pick standing on a cracked concrete driveway or parking lot with a ditch in the background for her picture?  Surely, there was a tree or grass around she could have stood by?  I think that is what bugs me the most is that she puts no effort into planning these photos and I would guess that there are lots of articles out there telling you how to set up a good promotional photo.

• Like 11

39 minutes ago, skipnjump said:

That and why did she pick standing on a cracked concrete driveway or parking lot with a ditch in the background for her picture?  Surely, there was a tree or grass around she could have stood by?  I think that is what bugs me the most is that she puts no effort into planning these photos and I would guess that there are lots of articles out there telling you how to set up a good promotional photo.

She posted a picture wearing C & L a while back and the company even responded to her post saying, wear right out of the box, don't even iron. Jill is just clueless.

• Surprise 1

Great shot Jill!  NOT!  I wonder if all those clothes companies with the same low quality clothes are really the same company importing such as XYZ importers and they have sub companies like Poultry and Feed, Pancakes and Syrup, etc to create some kind of competition?  Like the big conglomerate mother companies make several different brands of things. I know for sewing machines Brother and Babylock are made in the same factories and just change the labeling and on some machines a few features or give different accessories in the box. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 3

1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Great shot Jill!  NOT!  I wonder if all those clothes companies with the same low quality clothes are really the same company importing such as XYZ importers and they have sub companies like Poultry and Feed, Pancakes and Syrup, etc to create some kind of competition?  Like the big conglomerate mother companies make several different brands of things. I know for sewing machines Brother and Babylock are made in the same factories and just change the labeling and on some machines a few features or give different accessories in the box. 

I believe they all are.  Cousin Amy, Citrus and Lemon, and whatever other boutique she is shilling all buy their clothes wholesale from factories in China.  These designs are also ripped off from somewhere else on the web and then produced wholesale in China where intellectual property laws are different.  Then each boutique decides what to price the items in order to cover costs and generate revenue.  I get the suspicion that Citrus and Lemon can submit some designs to make it "theirs" but the vast majority of their offerings are designed by the factory.  Many local boutiques in college towns offer the same clothes, just with differing price tags.  

• Like 7
  • Useful 2

14 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I agree. WTF is up with those pants! The shirt might work with a slim pair of pants or even a pencil skirt. 

• Like 1

The ambiance of Jill's photo is awesome, the drainage ditch is a particularly nice touch. Those things off to the right resemble tombstones. And, of course, the huge, wrinkled clothes. Lovely, all around. I loved the Hamburger and Ground Beef clothes, but these are just as funny. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 21

4 hours ago, skipnjump said:

I posted some advice on the post ....

16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures:

Jilly posted a boob shot? (#3). Is that allowed with modesty and all?

• Laugh 6

2 minutes ago, Fig Newton said:

Jilly posted a boob shot? (#3). Is that allowed with modesty and all?

I think the striped top is pretty. I see ones like that in the stores all the time, however its a big too big for her. 

• Like 3

That first photo makes Jill look like an amputee.  I have never seen someone look as stumpy in their clothing as Soup & Nuts makes Jill look. And that striped blouse? That design is everywhere, and it's so unflattering--makes me look like I'm trying to shoplift a watermelon!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 9

2 hours ago, magpye29 said:

That first photo makes Jill look like an amputee.  I have never seen someone look as stumpy in their clothing as Soup & Nuts makes Jill look. And that striped blouse? That design is everywhere, and it's so unflattering--makes me look like I'm trying to shoplift a watermelon!

And the crazy thing is, Jill is 5'7" with a nice figure. If an outfit is sized and cut properly, she should look great. Those pictures are the worst possible advertisement for that company.

• Like 19

2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

And the crazy thing is, Jill is 5'7" with a nice figure. If an outfit is sized and cut properly, she should look great. Those pictures are the worst possible advertisement for that company.

Not to mention that she is squinting with a goofy grin and posing awkwardly.  Is she really incapable of seeing that she is a trainwreck at modeling?

• Like 12
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

2 minutes ago, Suzn said:

Not to mention that she is squinting with a goofy grin and posing awkwardly.  Is she really incapable of seeing that she is a trainwreck at modeling?

Where is Tyra Banks when we need her?

• Laugh 10

4 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Where are Stacy and Clinton?  Stacy would get her in a decent bra pronto. 

• Like 11
  • Laugh 9

9 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

Where are Stacy and Clinton?  Stacy would get her in a decent bra pronto. 

Clinton would’ve filled up 2 garbage cans already. 😁

• Like 5
  • Laugh 17

1 minute ago, farmgal4 said:

Clinton would’ve filled up 2 garbage cans already. 😁

Just two? 😂

• Like 1
  • Laugh 15

I'm alternating between gagging at yet another fashion disaster from Jill, and laughing like a loon at all the different ways posters have renamed Citrus and Lemon.  My 3 year olds could pick a better outfit. Smh 

• Like 18

1 hour ago, jcbrown said:

She needs to teach Jill how to smize and not squint into the sun!

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 8

37 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Sadly Jill probably thinks she looks amazing.

I don't think that Jill has ever thought she looks amazing.  Good, maybe, decent probably, acceptable definitely, but amazing never.  She seems to have self-confidence and body issues stemming from her trauma at the hands of Josh and her upbringing.  When you raise your daughters to believe they are responsible for keeping men from sinning, you raise daughters with body issues.  Jill constantly wears clothing at least one if not more size too big.  She dresses to hide her womanly curves because she does not feel comfortable wearing clothes that fit.  As long as Jill believes her body is inherently sinful she will dress this way.  

• Like 8
  • Sad 22

2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I don't think that Jill has ever thought she looks amazing.  Good, maybe, decent probably, acceptable definitely, but amazing never.  She seems to have self-confidence and body issues stemming from her trauma at the hands of Josh and her upbringing.  When you raise your daughters to believe they are responsible for keeping men from sinning, you raise daughters with body issues.  Jill constantly wears clothing at least one if not more size too big.  She dresses to hide her womanly curves because she does not feel comfortable wearing clothes that fit.  As long as Jill believes her body is inherently sinful she will dress this way.  

I also think Jill wears big clothes to keep people from speculating whether or not she's pregnant. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I also think Jill wears big clothes to keep people from speculating whether or not she's pregnant. 

I know women twice that size who wear tighter and better fitting clothes. She is too young to go around frumpy. 

• Like 5

Citrus and Lemon or

Barf and vomit 

glad and hefty

mushroom and fungus

sugar and Splenda 

pickle and cucumber 

sun and squinty

chips and French fries

• Laugh 8

3 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Citrus and Lemon or

Barf and vomit 

glad and hefty

mushroom and fungus

sugar and Splenda 

pickle and cucumber 

sun and squinty

chips and French fries

ketchup and catsup 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

6 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Oklahoma State?

Yes. Derick's alma mater.

• Like 1

Derick needs to move on from the Pistol Pete days. He reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite's Uncle Rico who is middle aged and is still trying to relive his football days, bringing them up in nearly every conversation, filming himself throwing balls, wearing his class ring. Those types of people are, in my eyes, some of the outright most pathetic kind. Deertick, you have a wife, two children, you're in law school with the potential goal of being a lawyer- quit looking into the past and look to the here and now to plan better for the future instead of jumping from "job" to "job" (aka grifting experience). 

• Like 19
  • Laugh 2

I'm giving Derelict a rare pass on this one. The book came from Cathy.

• Like 10
  • Useful 3

11 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

As @Sew Sumi said, the book was from Cathy. I get the idea from their SM posts that Derick still has friends from his college days and enjoys visiting them, and also enjoys going back to Stillwater for OSU football games. 

And, his late dad was Pistol Pete before Derick was, so there's that sentimental link. I think it's a fun thing for the family to talk about. And something Derick's proud of, IMO rightfully. 

Oh Lord. Look at me, saying nice things about Derick. Well, I never. *smh*

Just remember he’ll definitely run for office after he winds up getting his law degree. That should snap you out of it.

• Like 7
  • Laugh 6
  • Sad 4

On 8/14/2019 at 5:01 PM, PradaKitty said:

That company is insane...

She got over 16,600 likes for that picture. The company knows exactly what they're doing. Even if only 1 person bought something using her code, it was still free advertising for them.

• Like 7

Aethera

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.