Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Those pants are an absolute abomination and the shirt is only marginally better. Did she nap in those clothes, and then roll down a hill? Why are her clothes several sizes too big and completely unflattering? She has absolutely no fashion sense, and no eye for what makes a good promotional photo. 

I agree. WTF is up with those pants! The shirt might work with a slim pair of pants or even a pencil skirt. 

• Love 1

The ambiance of Jill's photo is awesome, the drainage ditch is a particularly nice touch. Those things off to the right resemble tombstones. And, of course, the huge, wrinkled clothes. Lovely, all around. I loved the Hamburger and Ground Beef clothes, but these are just as funny. 

• LOL 21
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, skipnjump said:

That and why did she pick standing on a cracked concrete driveway or parking lot with a ditch in the background for her picture?  Surely, there was a tree or grass around she could have stood by?  I think that is what bugs me the most is that she puts no effort into planning these photos and I would guess that there are lots of articles out there telling you how to set up a good promotional photo.

I posted some advice on the post ....

2 minutes ago, Fig Newton said:

Jilly posted a boob shot? (#3). Is that allowed with modesty and all?

I think the striped top is pretty. I see ones like that in the stores all the time, however its a big too big for her. 

• Love 3

That first photo makes Jill look like an amputee.  I have never seen someone look as stumpy in their clothing as Soup & Nuts makes Jill look. And that striped blouse? That design is everywhere, and it's so unflattering--makes me look like I'm trying to shoplift a watermelon!

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, magpye29 said:

That first photo makes Jill look like an amputee.  I have never seen someone look as stumpy in their clothing as Soup & Nuts makes Jill look. And that striped blouse? That design is everywhere, and it's so unflattering--makes me look like I'm trying to shoplift a watermelon!

And the crazy thing is, Jill is 5'7" with a nice figure. If an outfit is sized and cut properly, she should look great. Those pictures are the worst possible advertisement for that company.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

And the crazy thing is, Jill is 5'7" with a nice figure. If an outfit is sized and cut properly, she should look great. Those pictures are the worst possible advertisement for that company.

Not to mention that she is squinting with a goofy grin and posing awkwardly.  Is she really incapable of seeing that she is a trainwreck at modeling?

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Suzn said:

Not to mention that she is squinting with a goofy grin and posing awkwardly.  Is she really incapable of seeing that she is a trainwreck at modeling?

Where is Tyra Banks when we need her?

• LOL 10

I'm alternating between gagging at yet another fashion disaster from Jill, and laughing like a loon at all the different ways posters have renamed Citrus and Lemon.  My 3 year olds could pick a better outfit. Smh 

• Love 18
37 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Sadly Jill probably thinks she looks amazing.

I don't think that Jill has ever thought she looks amazing.  Good, maybe, decent probably, acceptable definitely, but amazing never.  She seems to have self-confidence and body issues stemming from her trauma at the hands of Josh and her upbringing.  When you raise your daughters to believe they are responsible for keeping men from sinning, you raise daughters with body issues.  Jill constantly wears clothing at least one if not more size too big.  She dresses to hide her womanly curves because she does not feel comfortable wearing clothes that fit.  As long as Jill believes her body is inherently sinful she will dress this way.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I don't think that Jill has ever thought she looks amazing.  Good, maybe, decent probably, acceptable definitely, but amazing never.  She seems to have self-confidence and body issues stemming from her trauma at the hands of Josh and her upbringing.  When you raise your daughters to believe they are responsible for keeping men from sinning, you raise daughters with body issues.  Jill constantly wears clothing at least one if not more size too big.  She dresses to hide her womanly curves because she does not feel comfortable wearing clothes that fit.  As long as Jill believes her body is inherently sinful she will dress this way.  

I also think Jill wears big clothes to keep people from speculating whether or not she's pregnant. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I also think Jill wears big clothes to keep people from speculating whether or not she's pregnant. 

I know women twice that size who wear tighter and better fitting clothes. She is too young to go around frumpy. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Citrus and Lemon or

Barf and vomit 

glad and hefty

mushroom and fungus

sugar and Splenda 

pickle and cucumber 

sun and squinty

chips and French fries

ketchup and catsup 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Derick needs to move on from the Pistol Pete days. He reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite's Uncle Rico who is middle aged and is still trying to relive his football days, bringing them up in nearly every conversation, filming himself throwing balls, wearing his class ring. Those types of people are, in my eyes, some of the outright most pathetic kind. Deertick, you have a wife, two children, you're in law school with the potential goal of being a lawyer- quit looking into the past and look to the here and now to plan better for the future instead of jumping from "job" to "job" (aka grifting experience). 

• LOL 2
  • Love 19
11 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

As @Sew Sumi said, the book was from Cathy. I get the idea from their SM posts that Derick still has friends from his college days and enjoys visiting them, and also enjoys going back to Stillwater for OSU football games. 

And, his late dad was Pistol Pete before Derick was, so there's that sentimental link. I think it's a fun thing for the family to talk about. And something Derick's proud of, IMO rightfully. 

Oh Lord. Look at me, saying nice things about Derick. Well, I never. *smh*

Just remember he’ll definitely run for office after he winds up getting his law degree. That should snap you out of it.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
On 8/14/2019 at 5:01 PM, PradaKitty said:

That company is insane...

She got over 16,600 likes for that picture. The company knows exactly what they're doing. Even if only 1 person bought something using her code, it was still free advertising for them.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, Nysha said:

She got over 16,600 likes for that picture. The company knows exactly what they're doing. Even if only 1 person bought something using her code, it was still free advertising for them.

Likes are not important and can be easily bought.   The New York Times recently had an article about Instagram testing a policy in several countries, including Canada,  where the number of likes, etc., were only known to the poster and the company they were shilling.  The companies are only interested in unique hits and sales, not popularity contests based on likes.

As for sales, one sale per post would be an epic fail.  I'm curious when the Duggar contract with their agent and the various companies they are shilling for expires.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

As @Sew Sumi said, the book was from Cathy. I get the idea from their SM posts that Derick still has friends from his college days and enjoys visiting them, and also enjoys going back to Stillwater for OSU football games. 

And, his late dad was Pistol Pete before Derick was, so there's that sentimental link. I think it's a fun thing for the family to talk about. And something Derick's proud of, IMO rightfully. 

Oh Lord. Look at me, saying nice things about Derick. Well, I never. *smh*

It’s okay. It’ll pass. 

I love that first photo...it’s so “can you believe this lame bullshit?”

Sam is my Duggarganger.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

I hate to defend Derick, but I was friends with one of the people who was Sparty at my alma mater. It is a hard gig. The mascot program is no joke. Those who played Sparty had a regular conditioning and training program. One handed push-ups were a must, because it is somewhat of a signature Sparty move. Plus it is hot in the suit. I forgot how much the suit weighs, but it was heavy. Sparty is in pretty high demand. It is not just game days, he attends weddings, birthdays, hospitals and a lot of other events. My friend even attended some funerals as Sparty. At MSU they are suppose to keep it a secret that they are the mascot. We happened to figure it out because he was missing at tailgates, games and traveled for some away games. Sparty usually reveals themselves at graduation by wearing his boots with their cap and gown. I am just assuming that Derick's Pistol Pete gig was as rigorous as MSU's Sparty. It may or may not have been.

• Useful 7
  • Love 16

Sparty's not scary like Pistol Pete, so I can see why that mascot would be in high demand. My alma mater's Oski is probably the least intimidating mascot of all. He wears a letterman's sweater from the mid-20th century. Real scary! 😁

636445438778136818-USATSI-9022501.jpg

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5

It is painful to defend him but as previously said, mascot is a hard gig. Sparky the Sun Devil (we'll be seeing Sparty in Sept!) has a different person play him each quarter because of how hot it is in Tempe and quite often they're getting IVs in the training room. With pushups and dancing, mascoting is extremely physically demanding with the added bonus of obscured visibility. Derek is the worst in almost every way possible but this I'll let slide.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Sparty's not scary like Pistol Pete, so I can see why that mascot would be in high demand.

This Wolverine would disagree. 😂 And I will never understand inviting a mascot to a wedding or a funeral... and I attended a wedding with Sparty also in attendence.

Does the Pistol Pete outfit have a head, or is it more like a face character from Disney World? I don't remember. Regardless, I suppose as long as Derick isn't trying to put in the suit again it's okay. I'd rather he be reminiscent over his college days then spouting his horrible beliefs and half truths to whoever might be in the vicinity. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Ah, the other OSU.

But not THE OSU

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/14/us/the-ohio-state-university-trademark-trnd/index.html

I saw Pistol Pete featured briefly on this season's Oklahoma City American Ninja Warriors episode and it make me think of Derick which was not pleasant. I wonder how law school is progressing for him? 

15 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Ah, the other OSU.

But not THE OSU

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/14/us/the-ohio-state-university-trademark-trnd/index.html

I saw Pistol Pete featured briefly on this season's Oklahoma City American Ninja Warriors episode and it make me think of Derick which was not pleasant. I wonder how law school is progressing for him? 

• Love 2

So at 1 time,Derelict had a work ethic 

I wonder if the Duggars and those of their ilk know that the writer of I kissed dating goodbye has renounced that writing and is no longer a Christian?    Because that thinking does not work !

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

A Pistol Pete refresher:

FD63B838-3A64-46AC-8811-4DB713704104.jpeg

What is Jill wearing?

Hate to defend D. But its something he did in college and he is obviously proud that he was a Pete.  Cathy obviously is a proud mom/grandma.  She is sharing with Sammy about D and his fun past.

• Love 5

No snark on Pistol Pete reminiscing, especially since it is multi-generational with the Dillards. However, there is a part of me that Derick is still stuck on his college days, as he is a perpetual student. 

That picture, with Jill wearing a skirt reminiscent of Gothard days, reminded me that Jill did not switch to pants right away after marrying Derick. I wonder what made her decide to wear pants? IIRC, I think we first started noticing pants after Sam was born and after they were off the show. 

• Love 9