Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

They're super blurry, but the middle two appear to say "Job well done" and "You da bomb"

Thank you! I was straining my eyes trying to make them out and had to give up. 

• Love 3

I think IF Derick completes his law education AND passes the state Bar exam, he would choose an area of law that does not require going to court...more of a 'desk-law' type thing. After all, he would HAVE TO BE ON TIME FOR COURT and you know these Duggar-like folks and punctuality. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I think IF Derick completes his law education AND passes the state Bar exam, he would choose an area of law that does not require going to court...more of a 'desk-law' type thing. After all, he would HAVE TO BE ON TIME FOR COURT and you know these Duggar-like folks and punctuality. 

Good point. But maybe Derick's better than the average Duggar at punctuality. He did get through public school and a state university before meeting a Duggar, and held a corporate job for several months even after marrying one. Unlike Jill, he does have some idea of how the real working world works. He wasn't reared by a herk-jerk narcissist arsehole father who laughed about how his family was never on time. Both Derick's parents held actual responsible jobs. I doubt his dad the cop got a special "I'm a Christian so Jesus says I can be late" pass on showing up for his shifts as scheduled; same for his mom and her job at Walmart. 

I agree, though, that Derick's unlikely to become a litigator and I also see him in some kind of office-oriented practice. Something that's unlikely to require him to be at the office long hours, and if he has stuff to do in the evenings, it will be something he can go into his home office and work on.

Because, he's married to Jill the Clinger. Who would probably have some kind of meltdown if he wasn't within shouting distance every night. We don't really know how much she's stalking him at law school or how much she's tried to "visit" him at his summer clerk/intern jobs. I hope she's gradually adjusting to the idea that he won't be literally in arm's reach of her 24/7/365.

I don't know how many of Jill's siblings' marriages involve a daily spousal separation for several hours on M-F for work or school. Jeremy's now going to daily classes, Austin goes out to work on his flip houses (but Joy seems able to run out to the job sites at will), Bin is claimed to "work" but we don't know where or at what, Smugs is a mystery, the young married guys seem to work for Boob, same for JD.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think this is the rental place. 

Thanks @Sew Sumi.  I've been trying to figure out why the layout of the room they are watching the movie in is different than their house. It didn't dawn on me they were at the rental place. 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

What it this?

This is an interesting picture.  Maybe they're at some type of International Fair.  Sammy doesn't seem to be into the festivities where ever it is.   

• Love 8

I tend to give them a pass on the "laptop vs TV", because in my experience, "this is a thing that younger adults like".  I grant I don't know anyone who tries to cram 4 around a laptop screen, but my friends used to do it when their son was small and before they had their daughter, and they own a TV, DVD player, etc. as well.  I also certainly don't think Derick has been raised with any objection to the plain old technological format of the "idiot box", so I see no reason why he would be avoiding a TV; and especially not for content like Winnie that doesn't subject one to Nike-ish commercials.  

• Love 3

Could be possible that if they are in the rental, it has basic cable/antenna and they are watching a dvd and either don't know how, or don't have the correct cables to connect the TV and laptop.  Also, and I am giving them way too much credit here, maybe they don't want the kids to get used to the big screen and keep asking for it.  Well, asking for it once, getting spanked, etc.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 8/8/2019 at 1:56 PM, Westiepeach said:

I thought manley man Derwood would never lower himself to work for a woman? He might have to actually, you know, take orders from her!

IIRC, one alleged Walmart employee on Reddit or similar claimed to have personal confirmation of that.  After which lots of people piled on to agree that because it fit with their confirmation biases it, of course, must be true; and began speaking about it as if it were unquestionably unalloyed truth. 

Some other people in turn tried to use the fact that Derick had already been to a secular university with doubtless-female professors, and had the only secular job amongst the Duggars that we knew of, and had a working mother, to try and convey that this seemed incredibly unlikely.  I guess they were eventually talked over/into silence because the alternative belief is so juicy.

• Love 8

I think Derick sees himself as a more successful William Jennings Bryan, not only relitigating the Scopes monkey trial and winning but making it stick, and then running for president and winning and bringing the US back to (his version of) Jesus.  I'm sure he dreams big dreams, which I hope don't come true.

• Love 5
On 8/8/2019 at 11:56 AM, Westiepeach said:

I thought manley man Derwood would never lower himself to work for a woman? He might have to actually, you know, take orders from her!

9 minutes ago, queenanne said:

IIRC, one alleged Walmart employee on Reddit or similar claimed to have personal confirmation of that.  After which lots of people piled on to agree that because it fit with their confirmation biases it, of course, must be true; and began speaking about it as if it were unquestionably unalloyed truth. 

Some other people in turn tried to use the fact that Derick had already been to a secular university with doubtless-female professors, and had the only secular job amongst the Duggars that we knew of, and had a working mother, to try and convey that this seemed incredibly unlikely.  I guess they were eventually talked over/into silence because the alternative belief is so juicy.

I remember the post you're talking about. It was a post, I think maybe a comment, somewhere on Facebook. IIRC it wasn't one of those anonymous things. The poster said she worked with Derick at Walmart and described his behavior somewhat specifically. I think she said he was critical of the immodest dress of some of the women in the office and was obviously not comfortable working with women as equals or as his supervisors. IIRC she was older than Derick and held a higher position in the office. 

She could have been totally lying, of course, and I'm not taking all that as true just on the basis of one FB post. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Derick had issues with women in his workplace, especially so early in his immersion in Duggarworld and the fundie universe. (Remember, he did not grow up fundie and the Southern Baptist world is conservative but not quite as blatantly male-dominated as the fundie world.) He may have grown up some since then, and figured out how to at least STFU about it if he does really believe that there shouldn't be any of those uppity wimmen in his law school or his workplaces. As has been mentioned, the Arkansas Attorney General is a woman (he's working in her agency), and the Dean of his law school is a woman, not to mention there are several women law professors too. 

I think Derick's one of those guys who was awkward around women and probably didn't date much in high school and college. His Pistol Pete gig at college which he seems to view so fondly was, I assume, in a very male-centered environment. IMO he reached out to Boob to be his "prayer partner" and his courtship of Jill was his way of skipping over all that socially awkward dating stuff and getting a 21st century mail order bride, virginal, devout, pure, educated, and all ready to join him in the mission field, and of course having teh sex with. Well, he got one but she wasn't educated or mission-field-ready, to say the least. 

He'll either learn to deal with the 21st Century secular world he's taking on as a law student, or retreat into some fundie separatist universe like his father in law has done. So far he's made it through 1L and a couple of summer jobs without melting down, or at least without staging any social media tantrums. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 11

Perhaps Derick is more opposed to HIMSELF working with or for women than women working in general? Because of the possible temptations?

I mean he did post recently about Cathy and his grandmother being educated, working women. I don't believe he's opposed to women working in general. They (and by they, I mean particularly attractive women) just shouldn't be working near him to give him temptation. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Here's a link for people discussing the original post:

Basically proving my point:

The person is a total ghost which makes me think she created a fake FB account just to post the review. Which makes sense she did actually work for WalMart because you wouldn't want to post something like that and have it get back to your organization.

Or it could be a fake review.

Bolding mine.

So; we know... absolutely nothing for certain about this topic, then? 

If anyone can find the name of the alleged CPA, who makes a point out of saying they are a CPA, I'm sure there is such a thing as a CPA name directory, so it could at least be easily checked for verification of their status.  I know there is for lawyers. 

Of course, I also find it hard to believe that such a CPA wouldn't know they could be searched and identified as a CPA with only their name before they made such a post, so there is that.

Is that supposed to be some sort of half assed sari Jill has wrapped around her?  She looks ridiculous. 

I think Derry k really loved Nepal and all sorts of Indian type things (Except religion, of course). That’s probably why Jill had her nose pierced, 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, queenanne said:

I mean, he did marry straight into a patriarchy.  You don’t do that by accident.  I think he may well tolerate women in jobs of power, but only because he has to. These people are great at having one secret belief, but appearing to be more open in public. I’m sure he can stand to work for one, but he knows it would he knows it would be “better” to work for a man. 

You don’t see him screaming obscenities at trans people in public either, he’s only a tough guy would twitter covering his back. And I think we all know how we really feel about trans people. 

I think Derick's one of those guys who was awkward around women and probably didn't date much in high school and college.

“Couldn’t get laid in a monkey whorehouse with a sack of bananas“ is the phrase we all should attribute to Derrick.

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Lunera said:

She looks like an idiot in that thing. Wonder if it's an actual Nepalese garment.

I think it probably is, except it looks to me like it is a Nepali man's tunic or robe with an approximation of a Nepali woman's sari over it.  I suppose Jill feels that the woman's traditional clothing in Nepal is too revealing what with collarbones and upper arms partially exposed. As for the woman with her midriff exposed?  Nike! It looks to me like her 'sari' is a table runner rigged up to poorly represent the real thing.  Her jewelry and hair ornament look right, though.  And Israel seems to be wearing a traditional man's cap although its a little big on him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

What it this?

An embarrassment to Nepalese people everywhere.  Jill looks like she was washing towels, Derick yelled 'fire', and she just threw on said towels and ran out the front door.  I was introduced to the Indian culture when we moved to Baltimore.  My first job here was at a pharmacy chain as a tech.  One pharmacist was born in Egypt, the other in India.  I would love when his wife came into the store.  Her saris were stunning and so intricately made.  Jill managed to make them all look like they are playing dress-up.  I will never understand these two.

• Love 21
15 minutes ago, sixlets said:

An embarrassment to Nepalese people everywhere.  Jill looks like she was washing towels, Derick yelled 'fire', and she just threw on said towels and ran out the front door.  I was introduced to the Indian culture when we moved to Baltimore.  My first job here was at a pharmacy chain as a tech.  One pharmacist was born in Egypt, the other in India.  I would love when his wife came into the store.  Her saris were stunning and so intricately made.  Jill managed to make them all look like they are playing dress-up.  I will never understand these two.

Yes, Jill looks silly.  It's one thing for Israel to pop a too-big men's cap on his head, but for Jill to rig up something so clearly NOT traditional and wear it to a celebration where others are wearing the real thing is typically clueless.

I have a close physician friend who immigrated many years ago.  I've gotten to go to the weddings of two of his kids.  The colorful, elaborate, absolutely stunning saris and kameez salwars on the women outshone those of us in western style dresses by a mile.  Watching the dancing with the colors swirling on the floor takes your breath away.  I'd love to have a sari because they are so gorgeous, but they cost thousands and thousands of dollars and I don't feel it would be right.  My friend's wife, a redhead of Irish descent from NYC, did have several saris, brought for her from India by her MIL and she did wear them at her daughter's wedding and looked fabulous.  I had a convo with one of my friend's cousins about how incredibly comfortable kameez salwars were, like wearing pajamas, and that she'd been wearing them to every formal occasion for years, even those not thrown by family because they were not only gorgeous, but also perfect for enjoying the buffet without guilt and didn't require heels.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 13

Jill, it's better to NOT do something than to something badly. 

Why is she wearing a table runner? Doesn't Derick know any better? Why doesn't he tell her that she looks ridiculous in that and to wear her normal western attire like the rest of the family?

• Love 14
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

Jill, it's better to NOT do something than to something badly. 

Why is she wearing a table runner? Doesn't Derick know any better? Why doesn't he tell her that she looks ridiculous in that and to wear her normal western attire like the rest of the family?

The necklaces and hair ornaments with regular Western clothing would've been lovely and connected her to the celebration without calling attention to her in the wrong way like the outfit does.

• Love 19
6 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

The necklaces and hair ornaments with regular Western clothing would've been lovely and connected her to the celebration without calling attention to her in the wrong way like the outfit does.

I agree. She learned from MEchelle, of course, that modesty isn't modest unless it calls attention to itself. Look at me, me, me, how modest and special and more pious I am and yet open-minded enough to still do this bad approximation of another culture.  Poor dim Jill.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

And Dreck couldn’t even put on a polo? He always look 50 shades of crap. 

And the pants!

I clean pair of chinos and a polo would be pretty much the minimum that I would expect for an event like that -- I guarantee that there was no one from Nepal at that gathering who looked like a bag of garbage . . .

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Re: Derick and women in the workplace, I think the poster hit the nail on the head that he doesn't want ATTRACTIVE women in the workplace. He has no issue with an older, obese, frumpy secretary, as long as she is below all men on the totem pole. He can also pretend to be okay with working for a woman, in order to keep (hahaha) a job, but he secretly despises it. 

I also agree with whoever said he had such huge problems at Walmart because he was so newly indoctrinated. He was high on the duggar kool-aid, and we all know that new converts are the worst. He probably was at his most radical, and also felt free to push the envelope because he had 1) money from the show, and 2) a McMansion from daddy duggar. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
12 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

And Dreck couldn’t even put on a polo? He always look 50 shades of crap. 

I thought the same thing.

IIRC, Jill & Der got matching native outfits when she visited him in Nepal.  I can see Der might be embarrassed to wear his, but I wonder why Jill didn't wear hers?  Jana could have altered it if need be.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Chad obviously made theirs. He will not make them for the Dullards. Too bad, so sad Jill. Head out to Ikea, like you should have done in the first place.

Oh Jesus, IKEA quality and the combined mental powers of the Dillards assembling it. I’m thinking it will collapse in the first light breeze 

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Oh Jesus, IKEA quality and the combined mental powers of the Dillards assembling it. I’m thinking it will collapse in the first light breeze 

^^This^^.  It would never cross their minds that the beds/dressers need to be anchored to the wall and not just pushed into a corner.  We've seen pictures of the boys standing on rolling chairs and wobbly toy cars.  It wouldn't take much for either one of them to pull the furniture down on themselves.

• Love 4