Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Zella said:

I doubt Derrick has ever told her she's gorgeous. He often seems rather passive aggressive with her, so I don't get the impression he gives her many compliments. I think that's one reason she comes across as so desperate on social medial talking about him and how great he is. It's like she is putting all the effort into flattering him, and he doesn't respond in kind. 

I actually don't think Jill is unattractive at all. When she isn't making those goofy faces, I think she's pretty. I'd argue more naturally pretty than Jessa, who always seemed a bit plastic-looking to me. (FWIW, I think Joy is actually the most naturally pretty of the older Duggar girls.) Jill has very striking eyes. 

Totally agree. I don't think Derick is very complimentary at all. He is pissy about the boys and I never get that "so in love" vibe from Derick. I think he tolerates Jill.  It almost feels like an arranged marriage...like this is what God decided for them and they are making it work. (I work with a lot of women who are in an arranged marriage and it feels like that to me).  His post about not waiting for the woman of your dreams...someone remembers that one better than me.  

The only thing positive thing that he has said about Jill was her messrecipes are good, which is funny because they are nasty looking. 

Jill totally bombed out in the spouse game.  Jill was never my favorite Duggar girl but she really didn't deserve how dicky Derick turned out to be.  Imagine being stuck with that lemon of a husband?  No wonder they need that sex book after only a few years. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I always say this too.  Joy has a quiet, natural beauty that is timeless.  Jessa has a more striking attractiveness that is probably fleeting. Jill is more of an unconventional pretty, but pretty or at least attractive when styled properly (I know right), Jinger is cute but somewhat generic, and Jana is stereotypically pretty, albeit in a sort of bland way.

When I first started watching the show, I thought Jill was like the Jan Brady to Jessa’s Marcia. And I was partial to Jan as a kid. Now as an adult, I recognize that Marcia was sexy and Jan was kinda goofy. But I was probably scared of sex as a youth! 🙃

When Jill got her braces off, I thought wow, she is really pretty. She can be like a girl next door type. Jessa favors Angelina Jolie. Really, all of the girls are attractive. Jill and Jessa no longer have youthful “hard bodies” but that’s understandable.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

Jill totally bombed out in the spouse game.  Jill was never my favorite Duggar girl but she really didn't deserve how dicky Derick turned out to be.  Imagine being stuck with that lemon of a husband?  No wonder they need that sex book after only a few years. 

Given his lifestyle of getting obsessed with something, then dropping it when things get too real and boring, I'd be nervous in Jill's place. Of course, knowing him for more than a few minutes of skype might have been more revealing, too. One point for dating, minus one point for Godly internet dating.

By March 2013, Derick and Jill were talking regularly on the phone and Skype. And by summer of 2013, Us Weekly notes Derick said he was “praying about Jill and asking God for direction in getting to know Jill better.” It seems Derick’s prayers were answered, as he continued to keep in touch with Jill regularly while he was in Nepal. And Jill was reciprocating his advances, as she told People, “I was in love with someone I had never met in person, but we really knew each other well.”

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

Jill is not my favorite, but recently I will give her points for trying to expand her horizons.  Maybe more than Jinger because JerMe is able to help Jinger navigate the world while Jill is trying this on her own.  Sometimes I feel sorry for her because she tries but it seems like she fails more than she succeeds.

No one deserves to be married to someone like Derick.  This is a reason why quick engagements and marriages don't usually work (I do know sometimes they do work out). The couple needs to be able to spend time alone talking and getting to know each other (they don't have to have sex).  Maybe if they had gotten to know each other rather than a fast engagement, fast marriage and a baby less than a year later, they would have figured out they shouldn't be married.

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 21
4 hours ago, Zella said:

I doubt Derrick has ever told her she's gorgeous. He often seems rather passive aggressive with her, so I don't get the impression he gives her many compliments.

I’m too lazy to go hunt it down, but IIRC in his online screed for her birthday about her many advanced (and largely mythical)skills, one of the attributes he listed was that she’s gorgeous.

So, hey, once a year...

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

I’m too lazy to go hunt it down, but IIRC in his online screed for her birthday about her many advanced (and largely mythical)skills, one of the attributes he listed was that she’s gorgeous.

So, hey, once a year...

I must confess that my eyes glazed over and I didn't read it. LOL

I stand corrected! 😁

• LOL 2
7 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I always say this too.  Joy has a quiet, natural beauty that is timeless.  Jessa has a more striking attractiveness that is probably fleeting. Jill is more of an unconventional pretty, but pretty or at least attractive when styled properly (I know right), Jinger is cute but somewhat generic, and Jana is stereotypically pretty, albeit in a sort of bland way.

Wow...this is exactly how I think of them too!!! Good post. I agree a billion percent with all of this! Especially Jinger. When I read "generic," I laughed because I know exactly what you mean, because there are hundreds of sorority girls who look exactly like her on every college campus! If she wore a ponytail with a ball cap, a pastel long sleeved t-shirt three sizes too big, leggings, and Uggs, she could go to any campus in America and fit right in!

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Marigold said:

Totally agree. I don't think Derick is very complimentary at all. He is pissy about the boys and I never get that "so in love" vibe from Derick. I think he tolerates Jill.  It almost feels like an arranged marriage...like this is what God decided for them and they are making it work. (I work with a lot of women who are in an arranged marriage and it feels like that to me).  His post about not waiting for the woman of your dreams...someone remembers that one better than me.  

The only thing positive thing that he has said about Jill was her messrecipes are good, which is funny because they are nasty looking. 

I agree. I doubt Derick ever compliments her, and she is probably sad because she knows her body has changed with kids, and she likely thinks nobody finds her pretty. 

3 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I laughed because I know exactly what you mean, because there are hundreds of sorority girls who look exactly like her on every college campus! If she wore a ponytail with a ball cap, a pastel long sleeved t-shirt three sizes too big, leggings, and Uggs, she could go to any campus in America and fit right in!

Yep, I saw a lot of sorority girls who looked like Jessa in the face, too. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

When I first started watching the show, I thought Jill was like the Jan Brady to Jessa’s Marcia. And I was partial to Jan as a kid. Now as an adult, I recognize that Marcia was sexy and Jan was kinda goofy. But I was probably scared of sex as a youth! 🙃

When Jill got her braces off, I thought wow, she is really pretty. She can be like a girl next door type. Jessa favors Angelina Jolie. Really, all of the girls are attractive. Jill and Jessa no longer have youthful “hard bodies” but that’s understandable.

I always identified with cindy! I guess I'm a kid at heart. Well, I literally was a kid when I watched the show!

• Love 2

I wonder if Jill and Derrick are taking precautions against pregnancy because you’d think with all that “Kama sutra-ing” going on she’d have another bun in the oven by now. How old is the youngest now?

• Love 8
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I wonder if Jill and Derrick are taking precautions against pregnancy because you’d think with all that “Kama sutra-ing” going on she’d have another bun in the oven by now. How old is the youngest now?

He turned 2 earlier this month, so yeah, by Duggar standards, it's unusual for her not to be pregnant again by now. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 7
29 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

🤢

We discussed the vomit emoticon w/r/t that exact post last night. As I said then, there aren't enough of them to contemplate butt nekkid Derelict. *shudder*

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Given his lifestyle of getting obsessed with something, then dropping it when things get too real and boring, I'd be nervous in Jill's place. Of course, knowing him for more than a few minutes of skype might have been more revealing, too. One point for dating, minus one point for Godly internet dating.

I never thought of that in terms of Jill. Yikes! 

Ugh, you're so right!  Derick was so infatuated with Jim Bob that he asked him to be his prayer partner and look how that ended up! Can't be too good after all that Twitter trash talk and bringing negative attention to an already damaged Duggar brand. 

Derick seemed to adore Jill during the courtship.  Now?  They are having sex using some jelly bean game to spice it up???  

Derick must've been all about having a family, most likely a big family if he admired the Duggars.  Obviously we don't know what is truly in his heart about his children, but Derick's social media posts look like he is a bit short on patience with little ones, particularly Izzy. 

Poor Jill. He really is a lemon. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, Barb23 said:

Where are those Lemon Laws when Jill needs them?

It would probably be hard for Jill to sue with Derick being such an amazing law student and all. 😀😀

• LOL 8
(edited)

Jill should sue Pops for saddling her with Derick.  Maybe the husband is the key and Jill is just stuck with an unenthusiastic loser. If she would’ve waited a little longer instead of rushing to beat Jessa to the altar, maybe she would’ve gotten Jeremy to look her way.  She’s tried so many different things to look cool and taken baby steps out of her comfort zone but hasn’t been able to make anything stick, compared to Jinger who seems to be holding it together pretty nicely. She tried the nose ring, a new wardrobe, and now *gasp* a wash at a salon. On paper, Jill has made just as many leaps as Jinger has, but I think one is getting more encouragement, confidence, and positive attention from her husband than the other. Jill could’ve really pulled off the California boho look. 😂

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Isn't it about time for Jill to post a new (or refurbished) recipe or a Peach and Beans outfit?  

I don’t recall this one previously.   This is Juniper Anne....$38.99 if I found the correct one.

F8F810D1-8AED-4A3F-9062-24C915C1BE94.jpeg

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Oh man, if they had gone to a real school, Jessa and Jinger would have totally both been in a sorority! Jessa would be the standout / president, and Jinger would be the generic girl who blended into the crowd. 

I think if they had gone to college, Jana would have studied to be a kindergarten teacher. She would have been shy, and attached at he hip to another shy girl or two that she roomed with. She would have been the girl that you thought was soooo nice, but hard to get to know. 

Jill would have been 200% into nursing! She would have had an internship where she wore scrubs, and would keep them on all day because she was so proud. Since she's not super bright, she would have needed to study a lot, but would have been determined enough to do it. I could see her having a steady boyfriend that she was crazy about, like she was with Derick at first, but IRL, she would have dumped him after a year or two. She'd also be one of the more annoying members of the college's Christian group. 

Jessa would have been a business major, and made good grades while only devoting a modest amount of time to studying. She'd be the bitchy, popular girl in charge of the sorority, and would constantly have on again, off again relationships with hot guys, dumping them when she got bored, which would happen quickly. 

Jinger would study some kind of art, and would be an average member of the sorority that Jessa was in. She'd be the kind of girl who seemed so nice and normal, but you wouldn't really want to be her close friend because of Jessa. You'd just figure she had a bitchy side, being around Jessa so much. Plus, she would have no spine, and transform into a mean girl around Jessa. Jessa would try to hook her up with a hot guy, but she wouldn't have a boyfriend, because no college guy would be into the clingy adoration thing. She'd have lots of dates, though. If she couldn't get into the same school as Jessa, she'd go to a small, artsy school. 

Joy would be into sports, and would probably have a softball scholarship. She'd be very boy crazy, approachable, and fun. She'd major in PE!

I read a book last week set in the south where 2 secondary characters were described--one was a Christian and everyone liked her because she was a Christian,  the other one was also a Christian and disliked because she was a Christian.   I went to high school and undergrad in the south, and I knew both kinds of Christian girls.  Jill would definitely be the latter if she went to public school.and university. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Marigold said:

It would probably be hard for Jill to sue with Derick being such an amazing law student and all. 😀😀

It reminds me of Angela from the office “ how do you tell someone it’s iver?  You send them a notarized letter.  But what if who you are sending it to is your notary?” I

• LOL 5

I’ve been ill , so I’ve bern thinking: mainly how shocked Derilict must have been getting kicked off the show.  He probably thought he was untouchable being under the Duggar umbrella and they wouldn’t cancel the show !  So he spews about another tlc show and is told you are persona non grata boy 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Wow...this is exactly how I think of them too!!! Good post. I agree a billion percent with all of this! Especially Jinger. When I read "generic," I laughed because I know exactly what you mean, because there are hundreds of sorority girls who look exactly like her on every college campus! If she wore a ponytail with a ball cap, a pastel long sleeved t-shirt three sizes too big, leggings, and Uggs, she could go to any campus in America and fit right in!

Delta Delta Delta!!!! (No shade to this or any sorority, but I worked with a ton of Tri-Deltas back in the day and Jinger fits in perfectly. Some of them were wonderful girls btw).

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I wasn't in a sorority--didn't have them at my undergrad--but when I was a TA at University of Arkansas, I had a lot of sorority girls in my classes. I don't know what I was expecting--I guess for them all to be real haughty bitches--but a lot of them were really nice kids and good students. 

I could totally see Jinger as a Tri-Delt. 😂

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I don’t recall this one previously.   This is Juniper Anne....$38.99 if I found the correct one.

F8F810D1-8AED-4A3F-9062-24C915C1BE94.jpeg

Almost $40 to make someone look chunky with weirdly short arms.  Mkay

• LOL 12
4 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

So now they're giving her their pictures, and she's just reposting them? Good idea. 

I presume they saw her attempts at photography.  Of course, it doesn't look like their photos are anything special either.  The one she posted looks a bit out of focus.  I can see doing that for the background, but the stripes on the top do not look sharp and crisp like they should.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

I do see them as Tri Delts - possibly Delta Gammas. 

Need a date after eight? Tri Delta! Re DG - nothing goes down faster than an anchor! (their symbol) 🤣🤣 I was a Kappa so I really shouldn’t throw stones hahaha

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 7/25/2019 at 9:02 PM, MargeGunderson said:

Says everyone who was ever catfished or married their prison pen pal. 

It’s only a problem marrying your prison pen pal if they get out ... lifers ... you can pretend they are anybody.  You do t have to see them everyday.  You know where they are  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3