Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Just now, Marshmallow Mollie said:

The second photo shows she baked in one of those aluminum trays you can only use once. Why?? Why????? I went to buy one recently and was shocked at the price. Way more than I wanted to pay. Why can’t she use a real dish?!

I think she's too lazy or possibly depressed to do dishes. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I was thinking one of those overgrown 12 to 18 inch long zucchinis like my neighbor used to try to give me.  I learned to accept them and head straight to my compost bin.  Like all her messipes, Jill fails to be specific.

Edited by Absolom
Double post.
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I was thinking one of those overgrown 12 to 18 inch long zucchinis like my neighbor used to try to give me.  I learned to accept them and head straight to my compost bin.  Like all her messipes, Jill fails to be specific.

And in terms of flavor--if you accept the premise that zucchini has any, which I'm not sure I do--those giant ones have the least flavor and the most water. Which I guess suits the Duggar palate. The least flavor, the better. But the water content would make them the least suited for such a dreadful recipe, where they have to be cooked into insubstantiality.

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 14

What a coincidence  - I was reading a cooking magazine earlier in the week & there was a recipe for stuffed zucchini with just a few simple ingredients.   I thought of Jill's slop recipe from last year right away.   I come here & see it has been resurrected. 

• LOL 11
6 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

The second photo shows she baked in one of those aluminum trays you can only use once. Why?? Why????? I went to buy one recently and was shocked at the price. Way more than I wanted to pay. Why can’t she use a real dish?!

Dollar Store

• Love 7
(edited)
14 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

I deliberately DON’T plant it because I don’t want zucchini for years. Seriously, Jill. Buy a seedling, a pot and one bag of dirt. Done.

My parents used to joke about “malicious zucchini giving” in the summer... the idea being that everyone grew so much more zucchini than they could ever use that they’d drop some on the neighbors’ porch, ring the doorbell, and run. Zucchini is zero effort for massive output. Jill only needs to stick a pot next to her door. Izzy would likely enjoy watching how fast they grow.

Edited by Panopticon
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

My parents used to joke about “malicious zucchini giving” in the summer... the idea being that everyone grew so much more zucchini than they could ever use that they’d drop some on the neighbors’ porch, ring the doorbell, and run. Zucchini is zero effort for massive output. Jill only needs to stick pot next to her door. Izzy would likely enjoy watching how fast they grow.

They won't do anything to please Izzy now, will they? He may grow up even more manipulative than he already is! *eyeroll*

• Love 4

Those aluminum pans are useful for transporting large casseroles for the holidays. I wouldn’t use one in everyday cooking unless I was feeding a herd and wouldn’t want to bother with all the clean up.  Knowing Jill though, her casserole dishes are probably packed in those boxes in the garage.  

• Love 10

I was thinking the same thing about Jill's dishes still being packed away.  But remember she was raised with disposable kitchen & serving ware so that is all she knows. 

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I was thinking the same thing about Jill's dishes still being packed away.  But remember she was raised with disposable kitchen & serving ware so that is all she knows. 

You're right of course, but to me the bigger question is why she has never learned anything different than how she was raised.  She was artificially isolated but at the same time, she has traveled, she has met people and she has seen some of how others live, but she has learned nothing and appears to aspire to nothing.  Many of us live vastly different lives than how we were raised because we do learn and aspire.  Is she that dull-witted or is she that frightened?

• Love 22
4 hours ago, Panopticon said:

My parents used to joke about “malicious zucchini giving” in the summer... the idea being that everyone grew so much more zucchini than they could ever use that they’d drop some on the neighbors’ porch, ring the doorbell, and run. Zucchini is zero effort for massive output. Jill only needs to stick pot next to her door. Izzy would likely enjoy watching how fast they grow.

Won’t happen cause it would mean a tiny bit of effort from Jill and Izzy would be entertained

51 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Everything we've seen about Jill shows that she is unable (or unwilling) to extrapolate anything out of her life at the TTH and reformat the information for her own smaller family.

All of her recipes are for an army. Almost all of her recipes use canned food because she needs to have a pantry of canned food just like the TTH -- she is simply too busy to purchase fresh food. Here she's cooking with a disposable pan because she is too busy to wash a big pan. Her explanation for why her house is a pigsty in general is that she is a very busy #boymom.

But doing what ???????

• Love 3
21 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It might be close. Israel has, what, 11 cousins, including Derick's nephew? Michelle has five or six siblings. Jill has Amy, plus whatever children Michelle's siblings have. If they had an average of two each, Jill may actually have more cousins than Israel. Anybody know?

No clue, but I'll bet that Israel will far exceed Jill's cousin count (if he hasn't already) by, oh, 2022. At the latest.  

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Knowing Jill though, her casserole dishes are probably packed in those boxes in the garage.  

Or still dirty in the sink from some gross shit she made last month.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Suzn said:

You're right of course, but to me the bigger question is why she has never learned anything different than how she was raised. 

Well, Duggars do things a little differently!!  Seriously tho, I think Jill is convinced that the way her family does things is so perfect that there's no reason to consider changing it.   MEchelle is MOTY after all. 

3 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

All of her recipes are for an army. Almost all of her recipes use canned food because she needs to have a pantry of canned food just like the TTH -- she is simply too busy to purchase fresh food.

I never thought about this before, but I wonder if the canned food vs. fresh food gives Jill some kind of comfort.  She knows the food is there and it won't go bad.  Kind of like her eating in the bathroom to make sure she didn't go hungry.  It really makes me mad how messed up those kids are.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Normades said:

Well, Duggars do things a little differently!!  Seriously tho, I think Jill is convinced that the way her family does things is so perfect that there's no reason to consider changing it.   MEchelle is MOTY after all. 

I never thought about this before, but I wonder if the canned food vs. fresh food gives Jill some kind of comfort.  She knows the food is there and it won't go bad.  Kind of like her eating in the bathroom to make sure she didn't go hungry.  It really makes me mad how messed up those kids are.

I honestly do think that many of Jill's behaviors that have us scratching or heads are coping mechanisms she picked up during her molestation and the initial fallout.  She desperately clings to the idea that her Duggar upbringing was completely perfect because she cannot face what happened to her as a child.  If she admits that Michelle was wrong in any small area of homemaking, then they were also wrong with how they handled that situation.  She needs years of intense therapy to begin to recognize this and even dream about overcoming it.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Everything we've seen about Jill shows that she is unable (or unwilling) to extrapolate anything out of her life at the TTH and reformat the information for her own smaller family.

All of her recipes are for an army. Almost all of her recipes use canned food because she needs to have a pantry of canned food just like the TTH -- she is simply too busy to purchase fresh food. Here she's cooking with a disposable pan because she is too busy to wash a big pan. Her explanation for why her house is a pigsty in general is that she is a very busy #boymom.

I am sure she is no busier than the average person.  In fact, many have to work, be a #boysmom/#girlsmom, AND keep their house from looking like hers does.  They also cook in actual pots/pans.  She needs to try harder.

• Love 18

I was watching this video. Those poor boys sitting in the dark. Sam in the corner. There was no need for them to sitting when she wasn't done making her slop. I know Izzy got up at some point, but I felt so bad for them.

57 minutes ago, toodles said:

Did you notice that Izzy was uh, holding himself?

He was in his jammies so probably just got up from sleeping/napping and in need of a pee.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, truebluesmoky said:

She’s live right now finishing up cooking dinner. She does look pregnant, but then again, so would I in that outfit, as a mom who had two kids and likes carbs. 😂

7784C6F6-EBAE-4B18-A156-D473F361B271.jpeg

A lot of people asked and he said no,  not this year and she looked shocked! Whoever said he wanted no more than what he has was right. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

A lot of people asked and he said no,  not this year and she looked shocked! Whoever said he wanted no more than what he has was right. 

Would you please clarify what this means?

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Suzn said:

Many of us live vastly different lives than how we were raised because we do learn and aspire.  Is she that dull-witted or is she that frightened?

So much like my family of origin. They’re so dull witted and frightened, they won’t do anything outside the tiny box they’ve been raised in for three generations now. I’m the only one who broke out. Such a sad, small life. 

10 hours ago, dariafan said:

Won’t happen cause it would mean a tiny bit of effort from Jill and Izzy would be entertained

But doing what ???????

The eternal mystery. WHAT do Duggars DO all day???!!! 

Wow, she really looks pregnant in that vid!  I’m shocked that d wreck would give s straight answer and not respond in riddles!  

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, awaken said:

So much like my family of origin. They’re so dull witted and frightened, they won’t do anything outside the tiny box they’ve been raised in for three generations now. I’m the only one who broke out. Such a sad, small life. 

The eternal mystery. WHAT do Duggars DO all day???!!! 

Wow, she really looks pregnant in that vid!  I’m shocked that d wreck would give s straight answer and not respond in riddles!  

RE.... what do they do all day?   Have you ever gone camping with a group of  RVers or campers?  BLAHBLAHBLAH,  ZZZZZZZZZZ.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Did he mean “No, she’s not pregnant.” or “No, we’re not having another kid this year.”?  She could be pregnant right now and not have the baby until NEXT year.

• Love 8
On 7/17/2019 at 9:54 PM, Zella said:

I think she's too lazy or possibly depressed to do dishes. 

She was raised in a family that used disposable everything.  I don’t think it’s ever occurred to her to use anything else.  She truly is just a stunted little girl in a woman’s body.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, farmgal4 said:

She was raised in a family that used disposable everything.  I don’t think it’s ever occurred to her to use anything else.  She truly is just a stunted little girl in a woman’s body.

Yeah that's true--I'd forgotten (though how could I forget? LOL) that's all they ever seem to use. 

All of the Duggar children seem very stunted, but I think Jill is probably the most noticeable. She really does come across like a 12 or 13-year old girl. 😞 It's one reason why, though I can't help but snark on the stuff she does, I can't hate her. She's just so pathetic. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Did he mean “No, she’s not pregnant.” or “No, we’re not having another kid this year.”?  She could be pregnant right now and not have the baby until NEXT year.

That was my thought as well...because Dreck is such a clever, slippery hotshot lawyer dontchaknow...

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
(edited)

So, where were they for this video?

It may be a good idea to teach Israel not to pull from the cord when unplugging the charger from the outlet. 

Derick said, “We won't be pregnant this year". Jill said, “We’ll,  you don't know that”. Then Derick said they won’t be “having a baby this year.”.

When asked about a new season of Counting On, Derick said he doesn’t know, he “checks the internets” for that information.

Edited by ginger90
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

He said no we won’t be pregnant this year and she looked shocked and questioned it, and then he kind of laughed it off. It was awkward. He eventually said they won’t have a baby this year because it’s impossible but she looked flustered from his original comment.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

So, where were they for this video?

Good question - they said they weren't in their house but played coy about where they were. Derek said they were "hiding out" in "a bunker." Then he said "we'd find out" or something like that. And then he opened the "front" door and it looked they were inside a gymnasium, but up above it? Here's a screen shot of when he opened the door, but I only caught the door partially open.

GymPic.JPG

• Useful 2