Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

Jill is wearing the $48 pants, the most expensive item on the page. That boggles the mind. I didn't stay on the site long enough to look at anything else. 

Jill certainly bounces from business to business. Does she get "dismissed" from the previous places and have to keep moving? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I actually  like the white top. It would look better not tucked in.  But that shirt doesn't appear to be what's she selling. She's selling the green pants and striped shirt.  

All of the clothes look bland, but not too bad. 

At least this boutique supports a shelter for abused women, which is something I can get behind. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Why does she need to inform us she's 5'7" for that pic, especially since she's by herself and not towering over anyone or being dwarfed by anybody? Reminds me of some guy I knew who wanted the whole world to know he was 6'2" every chance he got. Probably because that was all he had to offer the world. . . .

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 8
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

At least iron the pants 

And WTH would you take a picture on the side of the road?  Was she driving along and thought, “Oh, I need to post a pic of this outfit on IG!”, so she whipped the car into the first place she saw to park, jumped out  and 📸snapped a pic?  That’s sure what it looks like.  Clueless, I tell you, absolutely clueless. 🤦🏼‍♀️

• LOL 9
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, EVS said:

Maybe Sam finally escaped when the car stopped at a light or stop sign. Jill got out and started to chase after him but then realized that the leghumpers would want to know where she got her “chasing Sam” outfit. While Izzy took the picture and Derick took the opportunity to post an anti-gay/trans rant on Twitter, Sam got away. Jill and Derick forgot about him 2 minutes later when they saw a restaurant that would be perfect for that day’s “date night “. Sam was soon found by Becky from the third row who took him home and gave him a normal life. 

That’s my fantasy, anyway. 

From your keyboard to God’s eyes!

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Those pants are $48???? That’s the cheapest rayon crap there is and they paid some third world child maybe 50 cents to slap them together in five minutes. They don’t even have a waistband.

That’s appalling.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
51 minutes ago, Temperance said:

At least this boutique supports a shelter for abused women, which is something I can get behind. 

As long as the women that are abused aren't pretending to be good, religious women.  Because Jill & her sisters don't seem to think that happens to them, or if it does, it's just "Young men getting too curious", and then it happens in LOTS of families.

This girl makes me want to vomit, she's such an unbelievably ignorant idiot.    

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Excellent cause.

Hideous outfit.

But good for Deanna.

Deena, not Deanna. Deanna is Jim Bob's sister. 

"I often have businesses message me to collaborate." Uh huh. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Heathen said:

She actually does. 😁 Are they legit, do they shill crap? Up to interpretation, of course!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

This is from May 29th, and is quite a contrast in promotion, IMO.

"Sweet friend." Barf.

The outfit is awful (the hair is... not good). Is this Dreck's sister-in-law?

• LOL 1
(edited)

Profit proceeds might explain why those flimsy pants are $48.

1 minute ago, jcbrown said:

"Sweet friend." Barf.

The outfit is awful (the hair is... not good). Is this Dreck's sister-in-law?

Yes, that's Dan's wife. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill certainly bounces from business to business. Does she get "dismissed" from the previous places and have to keep moving? 

I'm thinking each business sends her only so many 'freebies'. When the freebies dry up Jill moves on.

ETA: At least I hope she's not paying for these atrocious clothes.

Edited by lulu69
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

Was the babysitter's sister a victim of domestic abuse? The connection between the sister's death and the decision to open the store in part to support a domestic abuse shelter is confusing. It could be that this was a cause the sister supported or the babysitter just wanted to honor her sister that way. Fine, but it's confusing, even on the company website. 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Was the babysitter's sister a victim of domestic abuse? The connection between the sister's death and the decision to open the store in part to support a domestic abuse shelter is confusing. It could be that this was a cause the sister supported or the babysitter just wanted to honor her sister that way. Fine, but it's confusing, even on the company website. 

I was confused and wondering the same thing, too. 

2 hours ago, Heathen said:

Deena, not Deanna. Deanna is Jim Bob's sister. 

Oh. I got confused because she looks older.

And I got so excited about anyone Duggar or adjacencies having a charitable cause that wasn’t themselves that I confess I might have just skimmed. 

That and over-long paragraphs make my head hurt.

• LOL 1

OK, so I watched the "Jessa Has a Girl" episode that was just put out, and there are a few scenes with Jill. There is one moment that absolutely cracks me up. It is when Jill comments that Jessa is about to deliver, and then Jill puts her hands up to her face and has this wide-eyed look about her. I feel like I saw this before with a TV or movie character but I can't place it. But it's kind of like this emoji. 😱

• LOL 12
42 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

OK, so I watched the "Jessa Has a Girl" episode that was just put out, and there are a few scenes with Jill. There is one moment that absolutely cracks me up. It is when Jill comments that Jessa is about to deliver, and then Jill puts her hands up to her face and has this wide-eyed look about her. I feel like I saw this before with a TV or movie character but I can't place it. But it's kind of like this emoji. 😱

Jill is in episodes now?! Maybe that's how they're paying for the house... 🤔

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Jill is in episodes now?! Maybe that's how they're paying for the house... 🤔

She was in Joy’s birth episode as well, since she was there and she isn’t the one TLC won’t air.

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, WalrusGirl said:

She was in Joy’s birth episode as well, since she was there and she isn’t the one TLC won’t air.

That's interesting. I do wonder if there's any way Derick would let her come back just to pay some bills! I doubt he would allow the boys, because he wouldn't want the whole family without him, and I bet he wouldn't want Jill to do talking heads. I could, however, see him allowing her to basically be a background character so he won't have to get a job, and they can have some easy money. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

That's interesting. I do wonder if there's any way Derick would let her come back just to pay some bills! I doubt he would allow the boys, because he wouldn't want the whole family without him, and I bet he wouldn't want Jill to do talking heads. I could, however, see him allowing her to basically be a background character so he won't have to get a job, and they can have some easy money. 

I thought the Dillards were volunteers on this show. At least Derick said they were. Even if Jill got an appearance fee I doubt it would be enough to support the family. 

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I thought the Dillards were volunteers on this show. At least Derick said they were. Even if Jill got an appearance fee I doubt it would be enough to support the family. 

True, but it might be enough to keep the lights on. The way they're financing their lives is a total mystery. Jill's small income may be needed!

• Love 4
18 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

And WTH would you take a picture on the side of the road?  Was she driving along and thought, “Oh, I need to post a pic of this outfit on IG!”, so she whipped the car into the first place she saw to park, jumped out  and 📸snapped a pic?  That’s sure what it looks like.  Clueless, I tell you, absolutely clueless. 🤦🏼‍♀️

It looks like she's at one of those pull offs for a rest stop or "scenic overview" except this view isn't very scenic.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Can she get whoever is taking the picture to take it some where she isn’t squinting?

I always wonder how she can be so stupid that she can't see how bad she looks squinting.  I mean there are so many things to notice that may be difficult to fix, but Don't. Face. The. Sun - is pretty easy.

• Love 23
9 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I always wonder how she can be so stupid that she can't see how bad she looks squinting.  I mean there are so many things to notice that may be difficult to fix, but Don't. Face. The. Sun - is pretty easy.

It’s not only that she looks badly doing it, but it also is going to cause wrinkles later in life. Oh, I forgot she’s a lotion addict. Does that include sunscreen? 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

It’s not only that she looks badly doing it, but it also is going to cause wrinkles later in life. Oh, I forgot she’s a lotion addict. Does that include sunscreen? 

Jill might be a lotion addict, but I think she stops short of putting anything on her face.  Her skin always looks really dehydrated and dry.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
13 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

It is when Jill comments that Jessa is about to deliver, and then Jill puts her hands up to her face and has this wide-eyed look about her. I feel like I saw this before with a TV or movie character but I can't place it. But it's kind of like this emoji. 😱

I think she was doing it to show the suspense in waiting for Ivy's birth, possibly in a comic sort of way. 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I actually told Jill that in a comment I posted on her IG.  I said it in a very nice way (I really did!), and the leghumpers still gave me hell about it.  Obviously Jill either didn’t read it or she read it and decided that I didn’t know what I was talking about. 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Jill might be a lotion addict, but I think she stops short of putting anything on her face.  Her skin always looks really dehydrated and dry.  

Unfortunately, I am sure her face is not what she's applying lotion to...ewww.  She is almost comically stupid I think.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I actually told Jill that in a comment I posted on her IG.  I said it in a very nice way (I really did!), and the leghumpers still gave me hell about it.  Obviously Jill either didn’t read it or she read it and decided that I didn’t know what I was talking about. 

Well bless you for doing the lords work !

• LOL 16
  • Love 2

Jill just can't get it right. I think that's a nice shade of green for her and she looks cute with her hair up, but the shirt and shorts are several sizes too big and don't match. It looks like an outfit you wear to sleep in.

• Love 21

So her Citrus&Lemon deal is still viable. I wanna peek inside that girl's closet.

Maybe, TLC can send Marie Kondo her way. It might be interesting to see if any of these clothes spark joy. If not, I'll pay to watch her thank each item for its sacrifice and toss it in a can.

I was in a Talbots today. A pair of green loose rayon/linen pants were on sale for less than the ones Jill was wearing. I wasn't interested, but still, quality. 

• Love 10

I may be confabulating here, but didn't Dillwad say that he AND his family would not be appearing on TLC's Counting On, after he was called out for his rants about Jazz?

Jill looked to have been wearing a maternity top on the Ivy birth episodes.  Maybe it was just something several sizes too big.

• Love 7