Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

What the heck is that parking lot picture even supposed to be OF? Three or four people cropped out of the shot enough to be unrecognizable. plus one kid's back and a couple of random cars. And it's crooked to boot? Is this another one of Izzy's masterworks? Or Sam's? I could see posting it if one of them managed to snap something cute, but this I don't get...

Is there a legitimate reason to hashtag the word YES?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Trillium said:

DDD is asking people on Twitter what his next blog post should be about. The responses are gold. 

Dying!!!!  How to make money and afford expensive things without any appearance of working. Please solve the mystery for us, Dreck!  We’re anxiously awaiting your response!  

35 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Is there a legitimate reason to hashtag the word YES?

Was wondering the same!

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

Derick’s on a role with, “Can you please  be more specific?”. 

Some suggestions made about his next blog post that warranted this reply:

The truth

Write a tell-all

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Derick’s on a role with, “Can you please  be more specific?”. 

Some suggestions made about his next blog post that warranted this reply:

The truth

Write a tell-all

And Derick will write a blog about speaking the truth without ever addressing all the lies he has told. He'll think he is so creatively smart circling around what everyone wants to know.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

OK, let's pretend Derick is not delusional...

He said "work and scholarships" 

Work? Ok, he got a summer job and probably does some odd jobs during the year. 

Scholarships?  What scholarship is he eligible for? I'm being serious.  Are there some church scholarships for lawyers?  He already has a 4 year degree. Are there really that many scholarships for law school? 

I think Derick has some insurance money from his father and MAYBE Cathy was smart and held on to it for him and did not let a stupid teen Derick have his hands on a large amount of money to piss into the wind. Derick seems to have money for important things in life but daily life is not luxurious.  I'm betting Cathy is using insurance money to help them with big life milestones like buying a home, an education etc.  

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

There are some schools that offer full rides if you score high enough on your entrance tests and have impeccable undergraduate scores. Derrick has always seemed above average (to me, anyway) in regards to his academics so it’s possible he got a full ride based on that. 

I thought I read somewhere that Derick's undergrad GPA was a 3.5. Good, but not like summa cum laude, more like cum laude. 

• Love 7
On 5/24/2019 at 10:12 AM, bigskygirl said:

She acts like a silly teenage girl playing house with her first ever boyfriend.

But does she realize that? Introspection can only happen with personal growth. Jill's world is pretty much the same as it was 10 years ago. Her main peer group is still her siblings, who live the same sheltered lifestyle. Her reading material is all about being the best Christian wife possible to her husband, which means ignoring her wants, needs, and feelings and being submissive and attentive to Derick. She's going to grow old without ever having really grown up because she'll never have the experiences that cause people to mature.

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I thought I read somewhere that Derick's undergrad GPA was a 3.5. Good, but not like summa cum laude, more like cum laude. 

Sorry. Apparently I am 14 years old. He he he.

• LOL 9
3 hours ago, Marigold said:

Scholarships?  What scholarship is he eligible for? I'm being serious.  Are there some church scholarships for lawyers?  He already has a 4 year degree. Are there really that many scholarships for law school? 

I think Derick has some insurance money from his father and MAYBE Cathy was smart and held on to it for him and did not let a stupid teen Derick have his hands on a large amount of money to piss into the wind. Derick seems to have money for important things in life but daily life is not luxurious.  I'm betting Cathy is using insurance money to help them with big life milestones like buying a home, an education etc.  

So she is letting stupid "adult" Derick have his hands on a large amount of money to piss into the wind? I understand the buying a house thing, but does he have the money for insurance, taxes, upkeep, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., that being a Big Boy Homeowner entails?

• Love 6
(edited)

Depending on his undergraduate academic performance, U of A law school may have given him a decent financial aid package, though I know that is not a given at many other law schools.

I was considering going to law school a couple of years ago during a moment of profound indecision about my future--glad I didn't because I don't think I'm cut out for law school.

But based on some snooping I did, it seemed like if you had good grades and did well on the LSAT, they were more likely to shell out some money for you than other law schools in the area. I had a friend who lives in California at the time who was also considering law school. She was looking at more prestigious West Coast law schools and quickly realized that any hopes of getting funding was unlikely.  I also quickly realized our other regional law schools--like University of Tulsa--were not going to be as generous, either. 

And I think part of that is the U of A is the only law school in the state, so they know they're going to be the default option for everyone in Arkansas who can't leave or is planning on staying. Not saying it's a terrible law school--most of the people I know who went there liked it well enough--but it's definitely not top tier or prestigious, and the main draw of the U of A law school is networking opportunities for folks who want to stay in Arkansas and/or convenience. Or if you're really into food/agricultural law. They have a huge, pioneering program in that field, actually, and even offer an LL.M. in it. 

Anyway, offering incentives to better students who could go out-of-state helps bump up their admissions stats and keeps some of these people in Arkansas. Derick may have benefited from that, though I am not convinced he got a full ride or that that explains how they were able to afford the house or their living expenses now. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 8
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

So she is letting stupid "adult" Derick have his hands on a large amount of money to piss into the wind? I understand the buying a house thing, but does he have the money for insurance, taxes, upkeep, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., that being a Big Boy Homeowner entails?

That is the big issue I have with Derick.  If they were still renting that small apartment,  I can see them barely making it work with savings.  But they're going to he bleeding money as homeowners.   If something breaks the have to pay to fix it instead of a landlord.   They have to do all the yard work or pay for someone else to do it,  not the landlord.   Their utility bill will be higher, and they now have to pay for the whole water bill, internet, etc that are sometimes included in the rent.   And then they have to pay for homeowners insurance and property taxes.  This can be hundreds of dollars a month more than their rent.  Where is this money coming from?  I know it's not from their website or Jill's commissions from Instagram partners.   Those aren't enough to pay for Sam's diapers every month.  

• Love 9
19 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Lmfaoooooo, I don't know if any of you are Connie M,  but if not, she needs to come here and be among her people:

"What should I blog about?"

"Obstacle courses"

D7h1WXVW4AEKlLU.jpeg

Please, someone find this clip for me. I have never seen it!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Marigold said:

I'm still holding on to the idea that Jill got a lump sum payment from JBob Wentworth Duggar for their early appearances on the show.  That is, if Jboob is holding the money and doling it out at his discretion.  They were begging for money to support their lavish mission lifestyle, plus grifting for the ministry program he wanted to do, then suddenly they are able to move into a new house?   If they didn't get a windfall from somewhere, they must be on a "rent to own" type payment plan or else someone else signed/cosigned for the loan to buy.

• Love 9
On 5/26/2019 at 2:46 PM, xwordfanatik said:

It's the truth.  He looks like a cross between diabolical and demented.  Creepy as hell.

I said it once before, and I still mean it:  If I saw him walking towards me on the street, I would quickly duck into the nearest store for protection.  He looks like the stuff nightmares are made of.

• Love 4
On 5/26/2019 at 2:46 PM, xwordfanatik said:

It's the truth.  He looks like a cross between diabolical and demented.  Creepy as hell.

You want creepy..From Jill's latest insta story. Listened for a second because he was creepy whispering as they are at some golf thing. He also looks old beyond his years.

IMG_4334.jpg

(edited)

I don't think I've ever seen him look that bad. Besides looking middle-aged, he looks positively unwell. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 16
53 minutes ago, Zella said:

I want to see it, too. I've heard it ridiculed but have never actually seen it. 

I did a YouTube search but came up empty. Someone with ninja skills can find it; that screenshot is out there (and pretty much encapsulates the jungle gym experience). I hope someone finds it, because it's hysterical.

• Love 2

Guys, I saw a "Duggar booth" in a Chinese restaurant tonight!  It was my husband who pointed it out.  It was a one sided booth.  There wasn't a seating at all on the other side, just a wall.   We were out to dinner with my mom, she asked us what we were giggling about & he launched into a snark/rant on couples who sit on one side together.  Then she goes "you should take a picture of it" and he immediately goes "oh no, that's like #8 on the sit down eat your food & stop being a dumbass in a restaurant list!".  

• LOL 13
6 hours ago, Westiepeach said:
7 hours ago, LilJen said:

Please, someone find this clip for me. I have never seen it!

Trust me. Please. You do not want to see it. Trust me. 

It's famous, but once you see it, it can never be forgotten.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Madtown said:

You want creepy..From Jill's latest insta story. Listened for a second because he was creepy whispering as they are at some golf thing. He also looks old beyond his years.

IMG_4334.jpg

Ew ew ew!  Omg scary!

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Marigold said:

I'm guessing their church--or 1 or more wealthy members--offered him a scholarship. It's seems pretty easy to schmooze your way into getting free shit in their circles. Do scholarships count as charity for tax purposes? I can see some rich fundie wanting the write-off and throwing law school money at Derick. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Actually, Derick's one saving grace is he still has teeth, wonky though they are. If he were an actual meth head, he wouldn't even have that. LOL (I see way too many meth heads while going about my day. . . . 😞 )

• Love 8

Watched the Instagram story about the golf tournament. How boring for Sam and Izzy. At one point Jill covers Sam’s mouth, poor kid probably had no idea what was going on. But at least they were outside. Was that another of Jill’s live stories? I don’t understand why she streams the things she does! Or films or takes pictures of, she has no sense. But I guess the leghumpers love it all. Derelict looked hideous, but what else is new?

• Love 7
On 3/22/2019 at 5:46 AM, graefin said:

For the poster who had been searching for the video of Derick being dorky on the trapeze-thing, I found the episode and uploaded the clip here:

Okay, I remembered Graefin finding this for me way back in March.

You were warned. That’s all I’m saying. 😱

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

#leftovermakeup? Dayummmmm!

i'm soooooo over this "mom culture" of "ohhhhh, poor me! I'm a MOM! I don't have TIME to remove my makeup because I'm SOOOOO BUSY doing the most important job in the world 24/7, so HOW DARE YOU EXPECT ME TO TAKE OFF MY MAKEUP???" I would get it, for sure, if she had a newborn. However, taking off your makeup should be a basic part of your grooming routine that takes less than a minute. How can anyone go to sleep with makeup on? What other basic grooming tasks is jill routinely skipping? I guess she's not washing her face, if she's not taking her makeup off. Is she brushing her teeth? Putting on deodorant? I mean, those ten seconds it takes to grab the deodorant and put it on would be better spent living #momlife. She could have been saving the future of humanity instead by grabbing izzy a popsicle or pressing play on a movie!

i'm sure parenting is hard, but come. On. I'd like to see Jill teach a middle school chorus class with a migraine, and then still have to do basic hygiene tasks because...guess what...you're doing it again tomorrow! Bragging about not taking off makeup is not a good look. Geez, Jill. It takes more time to drink coffee than do that. If you have time for a leisurely cup of coffee, you have time to take off the makeup. 

/rant

IMG_2567.PNG

• LOL 7
  • Love 12