Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

While I did not go to law school,  I do know there are fewer scholarships available for graduate degrees than undergraduate ones.  The ones that are available would be very competitive and I don't see a mediocre white man like Derick qualifying for them.  Also, if he has enough money to buy a house it would make it harder for him.  He might have received a couple of scholarships that might be around a few thousand,  but he would be on the hook for the rest.

There’s probably some extreme right wing hate groups providing scholarships to people aspiring to be lawyers so they can accomplish their dream of taking rights away from everyone but straight white men. Wouldn’t surprise me at all. Those are the only kind I could see him getting. 

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, lucy711 said:

That shirt is awful.  It is so unflattering.  Jill doesn't have a bad figure but she wears all of this oversized stuff that doesn't look good. 

Jill likes the bohemian boho look which leans towards oversized, but she buys a style that’s already oversized two sizes too big!

• Love 9
(edited)
17 hours ago, Trillium said:

I’m guessing DDD does have some kind of summer internship. I don’t blame him for not saying where, people would be calling there a lot just to fuck with him. 

This.  They’d be calling just to harass him AND calling the company to get him fired. The girls have been fired from nearly every sponsorship, schilling, and goods hawking venture that they’ve tried because people flood the companies with complaints so that they’ll lose that tiny piece of revenue. I bet citrus and lemon still get complaints but they’ve kept them because their beliefs are along the same party line.  Derrick is a lot of things, but he’s absolutely not going to be dumb enough to post where he’s working.  People harass him about getting a job and earning his own money, but it would be downright stupid to post details knowing that the same people will jump at the chance to get him fired. While I’m sure his employers have Google, they are more likely to turn a blind eye until it brings them negative attention. 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 10
17 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Didn’t Derrick have a GoFundMe up just last year for his church program?

He did.  According to him the program required all participants to raise some of their costs for educational purposes. 

Why doesn’t he just say he has an internship but not where?

The “I’ve been working since I was five” and the “donate” stuff is why he’s getting grilled now. Combine that with claiming they’re not getting any of that evil TLC money...

He’s lying. That makes people who really do work want to prove it. Human nature.

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I feel like we have discussed the Dillards finances ad nauseam,  but he needs to learn to keep his mouth shut or actually be truthful for a change.   There is no way that they paid all the medical bills from both births and were able to save enough money for a house plus tuition for his Cross Church program and law school and enough money for a family of four to live on for at least 4 years.  They would need at least half a million dollars for this to work out.  Obviously they were paid for their time on both 19 kids and Counting On, but Dreck insists that they were not.  God did not bless them, TLC and JB did.  I hate how dishonest his latest tweet is.  No millennial can save this much money without a family member helping. Just be honest or keep your mouth shut.

And there’s also his jaw surgery and orthodontia.That isn’t cheap, even if he was on his mother’s plan thanks to the evil librul ACA. There are deductibles and copayments. Maybe he had it done through Medicaid? Come on, Derrick, pull your jaw up by your bootstraps!

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

And there’s also his jaw surgery and orthodontia.That isn’t cheap, even if he was on his mother’s plan thanks to the evil librul ACA. There are deductibles and copayments. Maybe he had it done through Medicaid? Come on, Derrick, pull your jaw up by your bootstraps!

He had an insurance plan through Walmart when he had his jaw surgery and orthodontia work done. If he could sign up with insurance through his employer, he could not sign up for Medicaid. Plus the fact, he would have to report any income he had coming in which would include what Jill was getting from the show. He also left the country for a short period of time and no way would Medicaid pay for his dental care if he was out of the country. And he only could be on his mother's insurance until he was 26, and most dental insurance plans would not pay for orthodontia if the patient is over the age of 18 unless the surgery and dental work was caused by an injury or illness.

On 5/23/2019 at 6:24 PM, GeeGolly said:

Holy wow! Another example of how isolated they all are. Almost all homes now have screens in the windows and storm doors. For older homes there are a zillion screens one can purchase to put in a window. There really isn't a reason for a person with reasonable income, that I can think of, to have excessive flies in their home. Unless of course they leave rotten food in their home for extended period of time.

Jill somehow thinks this is normal. It's not normal. At least not in my exposure to the world.

Well.... I live in a semi-rural area. Used to be all farms, but has become much more developed over the past 20 years. My cul-de-sac neighborhood used to be a sod farm. I am surrounded by a state park on 2 sides and farms on the other 2 (flowers/fancy vegetables, horse farm and some peach orchards.) I have screens on my doors and windows, but at certain points in the seasons, we get a lot of flies in the house. Yes, it's gross but there's not much to do about it except set traps.

On 5/24/2019 at 5:46 AM, Albanyguy said:

I don't think Derick's to blame this time. She's still following the dictates of that creepy old perv, Bill Gothard and trying to please Daddy with an outward sign of obedience to her childhood training. Growing her hair to that ridiculous length is a cheap, easy and ostentatious way to show the world how Godly she is. If her hair is longer than any of her sisters or sisters-in-law, then she's obviously better then they are. Like the "modesty" clothing, it's really all about "Look at me! Look at me!".

What about Nepali beauty standards...I think Derp is turned on my that...thats why she got the nose piercing, no? What's the scoop with hair in Nepal? I think the look is at least partly Derp's hippie thing. Like the ugly sandals she wears.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Why doesn’t he just say he has an internship but not where?

The “I’ve been working since I was five” and the “donate” stuff is why he’s getting grilled now. Combine that with claiming they’re not getting any of that evil TLC money...

He’s lying. That makes people who really do work want to prove it. Human nature.

Exactly, he could state he has a summer internship without saying exactly where.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Jesus, what an awful picture -- every single thing about it is just bad. Jill looks awful, her hair looks awful (why do we have to see SO MUCH of it?), she looks like she slept in her clothes, the background is awful. Amy is PAYING HER? Amy must be an even bigger moron than I thought . . .

That’s what happens when you get a child to take a photo, how old is Izzy? 4 or 5? It’s actually quite impressive for someone of his age but Jill should get Der to take them or one of her siblings. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Exactly, he could state he has a summer internship without saying exactly where.

True, although there would be a finite number of possible places within driving distance. It might be possible to narrow down the places. You know Jill isn't going to let him go too far away.

If he's working, it must be killing Jill not to be able to fill her social media with cutesy pictures of lunch dates at work. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, MamaMax said:

I live in a semi-rural area. Used to be all farms, but has become much more developed over the past 20 years. My cul-de-sac neighborhood used to be a sod farm. I am surrounded by a state park on 2 sides and farms on the other 2 (flowers/fancy vegetables, horse farm and some peach orchards)

Do you have a spare room? It sounds wonderful!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Amy's clothing is generally better than that stuff from lemon and lemonade, but the shorts and voluminous shirt are bad. I like the length of the shorts (I'm old), but they look cheap. That wrinkled shirt is a boatload of ugly fabric.

This.  The idea that she thinks someone would buy that outfit based off of that picture is ridiculous.  

Maybe it's the perspective, but it looks like their backyard is spitting distance from the house next door.  

• Love 5

I would feel bad for Jill if she was at least trying to be an actual mom.   Join the summer library program.  Get a hobby.  Learn to cook non beige food watch you tube on hair styling 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
(edited)
5 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I feel like we have discussed the Dillards finances ad nauseam,  but he needs to learn to keep his mouth shut or actually be truthful for a change.   There is no way that they paid all the medical bills from both births and were able to save enough money for a house plus tuition for his Cross Church program and law school and enough money for a family of four to live on for at least 4 years.  They would need at least half a million dollars for this to work out.  Obviously they were paid for their time on both 19 kids and Counting On, but Dreck insists that they were not.  God did not bless them, TLC and JB did.  I hate how dishonest his latest tweet is.  No millennial can save this much money without a family member helping. Just be honest or keep your mouth shut.

Perhaps Derek is a secret billionaire 😉

17 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

"Short" Shorts

I mean, I don't consider these to be "short" shorts (I think they are just the shorts she was wearing in other pics that rode up. Nevertheless, the pic was apparently deleted.

In that article it talks about Jinger and Jill are wearing jeans now and also tights, which they weren't allowed to wear before, Tights? Who knew they couldn't wear tights? Tights are feminine aren't they? I suppose we've only ever seen Michelle wear tights none of the unmarried girls. Very weird. 

Edited by Puffin
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, Puffin said:

In that article it talks about Jinger and Jill are wearing jeans now and also tights, which they weren't allowed to wear before, Tights? Who knew they couldn't wear tights? Tights are feminine aren't they? I suppose we've only ever seen Michelle wear tights none of the unmarried girls. Very weird. 

The little girls have worn tights under dresses. Michelle always keeps her legs covered because they probably resemble a roadmap in a populated area. Carrying all those blessings has taken a toll. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Surely a law school scholarship that pays cost of attendance would NOT include costs for supporting a student's wife, two children and their household, would it? Nothing adds up here with DDD and their finances. He also likes to 'play' his audience with those teasing responses. He seldom answers a question, like most lawyers, he 'responds' he doesn't 'answer'.

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Surely a law school scholarship that pays cost of attendance would NOT include costs for supporting a student's wife, two children and their household, would it? Nothing adds up here with DDD and their finances. He also likes to 'play' his audience with those teasing responses. He seldom answers a question, like most lawyers, he 'responds' he doesn't 'answer'.

For the record I don’t think Derrick is supporting himself with scholarships to law school, but many of my classmates had spouses and kids when I was in law school, their living expense money (through loans or scholarships) went toward supporting their spouse, because they shared a household. If you get x amount each semester for living, it’s not unethical to have a roommate (or spouse) benefit from living with you. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 5/19/2019 at 9:09 PM, awaken said:

Hahahaha!  Whipping up new recipes (how many permutations of canned cream soup with sour cream and canned meat can there be?) and car repair?  🤣

Yeah, anybody ever seen Jill working on a car? 

Or exhibiting enthusiasm about any sort of hand-eye fine motor coordination based work... anyone?  Any embroidery, knitting, DIY furniture skills, small appliance tinkering, etc.?  I grant the violin involves some of this.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Yeah, anybody ever seen Jill working on a car? 

Or exhibiting enthusiasm about any sort of hand-eye fine motor coordination based work... anyone?  Any embroidery, knitting, DIY furniture skills, small appliance tinkering, etc.?  I grant the violin involves some of this.

So she probably doesn't give Derelict pleasure with her hands. Derelict must love these lyrics from the Stones: I can't get no satisfaction. 

• LOL 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

The local Chik-fil-a?

Wouldn't that be a hoot to pull up in the drive thru & see him working there....... "my pleasure"

Edited by Barb23
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

For the record I don’t think Derrick is supporting himself with scholarships to law school, but many of my classmates had spouses and kids when I was in law school, their living expense money (through loans or scholarships) went toward supporting their spouse, because they shared a household. If you get x amount each semester for living, it’s not unethical to have a roommate (or spouse) benefit from living with you. 

When I went to grad school some people had spouses - who WORKED to support the family while the other was on school.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

When I went to grad school some people had spouses - who WORKED to support the family while the other was on school.

Yes of course, that still happens. But we all know Derrick isn’t interested in doing more work than necessary to feed whatever is his interest du jour. This is DERRICK we was never going to have Jill working while he went to school- no way no how. 

• Love 10
(edited)
23 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Jesus, what an awful picture -- every single thing about it is just bad. Jill looks awful, her hair looks awful (why do we have to see SO MUCH of it?), she looks like she slept in her clothes, the background is awful. Amy is PAYING HER? Amy must be an even bigger moron than I thought . . .

^^This, all of this.^^  She really doesn’t have a clue, does she?  Not. One. Clue, and apparently no one cares enough to tell/help her. I mean, if that were my sister, I wouldn’t think twice about saying, “Your pictures aren’t great; let me help you next time.”  

Edited by farmgal4
  • Love 8
On 5/24/2019 at 7:49 PM, Oldernowiser said:

Smug ass humble bragging.

He's the worst. I dislike him the most of this whole family.

9 hours ago, Puffin said:

If he was a billionaire, it wouldn't be secret. Boy is a bragger.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Do you have a spare room? It sounds wonderful!

Thanks! I sure do ! ;)

To make it even better, I am about 15 minutes from a major vineyards/winery area and about 30 min from gorgeous Atlantic Ocean beaches!

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

9F19D1C3-0471-4793-9F46-791588FD6FC4.jpeg

DEAC38F1-F05D-4144-86D8-F049C4CE1AE0.jpeg

What the heck is that parking lot picture even supposed to be OF? Three or four people cropped out of the shot enough to be unrecognizable. plus one kid's back and a couple of random cars. And it's crooked to boot? Is this another one of Izzy's masterworks? Or Sam's? I could see posting it if one of them managed to snap something cute, but this I don't get...

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
(edited)

I'm really amused by this online modeling gig.....I see the potential.  Man, I haven't been using my imagination enough.  Turns out, I've been sitting on a goldmine.  Oh, now I want some oreo ice cream.  lol 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

We need to start having a warning posted with every Deredick picture because he is darn right scary.

It's the truth.  He looks like a cross between diabolical and demented.  Creepy as hell.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Lmfaoooooo, I don't know if any of you are Connie M,  but if not, she needs to come here and be among her people:

"What should I blog about?"

"Obstacle courses"

D7h1WXVW4AEKlLU.jpeg

That is comedy gold. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Lmfaoooooo, I don't know if any of you are Connie M,  but if not, she needs to come here and be among her people:

"What should I blog about?"

"Obstacle courses"

D7h1WXVW4AEKlLU.jpeg

How to Excel at Interpretive Dance would also be a fine choice.

• LOL 20
  • Love 4