Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)
25 minutes ago, Nysha said:

As for Israel feeding the flies, I doubt their house is infested with the pests. When I had kids at home I always had flies buzzing around in the summer because the kids were coming in and out all day.

I too was always fighting a losing battle with flies when my kids were at that in-and-out stage. (And I never had open windows unless they were screened.) Also, at various times in the past I had increased fly problems due to nearby farmland, a neighbor who consistently let water stand in his uncovered trash bins, and a neighbor who let her property become overrun with feral cats that preferred to poop on my doorstep. When I was fighting flies in my house, I definitely didn't joke about it! They"re so germy...especially in the case of the feral cat situation, when I knew exactly where those flies had been. Blech. 

Edited by Portia
  • Love 4

For me, the absurdity of Jill's long hair and her religious beliefs is that she completely misunderstands why she is supposed to have long hair.  Her hair is supposed to be her "crowning glory" meaning she is supposed to take care of it.  The sausage curls she used to sport can be part of it, but all she needs to do is brush it ala Marcia Brady.  Jill refusing to cut her hair or take care of it reminds me of many Protestants who view us Catholics of just going through the motions without any joy.  She is still keeping her hair long because of her religious beliefs but not examining why she is doing this.  

• Love 16
13 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

For me, the absurdity of Jill's long hair and her religious beliefs is that she completely misunderstands why she is supposed to have long hair.  Her hair is supposed to be her "crowning glory" meaning she is supposed to take care of it.  The sausage curls she used to sport can be part of it, but all she needs to do is brush it ala Marcia Brady.  Jill refusing to cut her hair or take care of it reminds me of many Protestants who view us Catholics of just going through the motions without any joy.  She is still keeping her hair long because of her religious beliefs but not examining why she is doing this.  

I don't think critical thinking was part of SOTDRT curriculum. Questioning is the work of the devil. 

• Love 16
22 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

03D19AE1-AC0A-436B-AA35-98D722B935DE.jpeg

I don't know what filter they are using for this pic, but they need to never use it again. Jill looks like she has a crack down her forehead and Dreck's skin has never looked worse.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

I'm sure the drains & plumbing in their new house are already clogged up with Jill's hair.  Yuck!

We have seen Derek vacuum  before but I wonder how often that really happens. It should be at least daily with loose strands of Jill's  hair all around. I also hope they have one of those newer vacuums that has the roller bars that won't get caught up with her hair. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

It really makes me sad how she tries to convince us everything is soooo great!!! I can just picture her heart breaking as she writes these words, wishing they were actually true. It's probably similar to how I felt when I said, "yeah, I have a boyfriend!" in an upbeat tone, while he was emotionally abusing me, and I would have done literally anything for a healthy, happy relationship. Thank god those years are a decade behind me! Jill has no idea what could be ahead of her if she left Derick. Realistically, though, she'd have to leave Derick and change her mindset. If she just left, she'd fall right back into the same type of relationship, most likely. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

It really makes me sad how she tries to convince us everything is soooo great!!! I can just picture her heart breaking as she writes these words, wishing they were actually true. It's probably similar to how I felt when I said, "yeah, I have a boyfriend!" in an upbeat tone, while he was emotionally abusing me, and I would have done literally anything for a healthy, happy relationship. Thank god those years are a decade behind me! Jill has no idea what could be ahead of her if she left Derick. Realistically, though, she'd have to leave Derick and change her mindset. If she just left, she'd fall right back into the same type of relationship, most likely. 

She is trying really, really hard to convince herself. Sad. 

• Love 12

I feel bad for Jill because she was brainwashed by her parents and molested by Smugs, but she should be taking a long hard look at herself also. She acts like a silly teenage girl playing house with her first ever boyfriend. Dullwood is the first boy to give her the time of day, and she ran with the fact he wanted to marry her. She acted like she was so special and blessed because she was the first Duggar girl to get married and have a baby so darn fast. The only ones I feel bad for is the two boys because they have two idiots for parents.

13 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Buy the woman a good bra,,,geez

Funny, I always get bra ads when reading this forum!

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Why?!  What brought this on?  Just a random gushing post?

2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

#manifmydreams unemployed, hateful, big mouth who lost your easy $ job??? Really Jill??? 

If only she saw it that way!

2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I'm sure the drains & plumbing in their new house are already clogged up with Jill's hair.  Yuck!

We have seen Derek vacuum  before but I wonder how often that really happens. It should be at least daily with loose strands of Jill's  hair all around. I also hope they have one of those newer vacuums that has the roller bars that won't get caught up with her hair. 

Only when it’s going to be posted on Instagram!

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Yep!  And her gums look really puffy.  Prioritize dental care Jill!

God will protect her from bad teeth and gum disease because she is one of his favorite Godly people.

(edited)
38 minutes ago, Portia said:

Aaaaand they're squinting at the sun. Big surprise.

Buy some sunglasses, FFS. You know, I just tried to make that face at myself in a mirror (I need a life, I know) and I cannot make my forehead wrinkle anywhere close to that much. And I'm 25 years older than she is.

Do you get to keep your paid partnership with clothing brands even if you write posts that don't, say, show the clothes? I know this is Cousin Amy's shop so the answer is likely yes but shouldn't it be sort of a requirement to show the product you are attempting to advertise?

Edited by jcbrown
commas are our friends
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

Note to Jill: Hats. Sunscreen. Sunglasses. Start using them immediately. 

My mother is pushing seventy and doesn't have deep forehead furrows like the ones Jill is sporting at 28.

Some people seem to be pretty much born with forehead wrinkles which show up when they raise their eyebrows or make a perplexed sort of expression. Joseph Gordon Levitt and Heath Ledger come to mind. I also remember Will Smith's son in that Karate Kid remake which came out some years ago - at the age of 13 or something he spent the bulk of the movie sporting major forehead wrinkles. Maybe Jill thinks it's a cute and endearing expression. It works for some people, but not so much for her.

• Love 10

The Bates girls grew up just as (or almost as) fundie and most of them have shorter hair than the Duggar girls.  With Gothard gone and Gil Bates on the board of directors for IBLP, they seem to be moving away from their old clothing and beauty standards (curls are going)  and yet the Duggars still keep them. It's also not IBLP to have a nose piercing. I tend to think Jill keeps her hair long for some kind of personal preference versus a religious one. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

0BF6400F-DBEA-4136-AFD3-4F9477EF3739.jpeg

Seriously, why can't she see what a horrible picture this is?  I'm agreeing with everyone who points out that she has aged far beyond her years.  I think we should feel sorry for her, but I can't manage it.

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, jcbrown said:

Buy some sunglasses, FFS. You know, I just tried to make that face at myself in a mirror (I need a life, I know) and I cannot make my forehead wrinkle anywhere close to that much. And I'm 25 years older than she is.

Do you get to keep your paid partnership with clothing brands even if you write posts that don't, say, show the clothes? I know this is Cousin Amy's shop so the answer is likely yes but shouldn't it be sort of a requirement to show the product you are attempting to advertise?

Well this isn’t much better. 

They need to trim around the fence. I’m guessing DDD does have some kind of summer internship. I don’t blame him for not saying where, people would be calling there a lot just to fuck with him. 

6A33A0DA-89DE-4237-BC63-053F3DB378B9.jpeg

Edited by Trillium
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Trillium said:

They need to trim around the fence. I’m guessing DDD does have some kind of summer internship. I don’t blame him for not saying where, people would be calling there a lot just to fuck with him. 

Have we seen her in shorts before in self-published social media? Interesting. Keep breaking free bit by bit, JillyMuffin. Now she just need to lose the gangly tumor with the Picasso face.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Have we seen her in shorts before in self-published social media? Interesting. Keep breaking free bit by bit, JillyMuffin. Now she just need to lose the gangly tumor with the Picasso face.

She was wearing them at Israel's last birthday party. 

• Useful 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Another reply regarding money and the Dillards. The tweet is intact. I did crop out the names the reply included.

C5CB7C66-FD5D-4D4D-B995-E393CF6DCCDD.jpeg

465BE6BF-3780-4C46-A386-875A81E65876.jpeg

I just wish he'd come clear about what "working" entails. Why would he be so evasive if he had an actual job with an actual salary? I'm sure it would bring him that much more respect (assuming he already has that from the leghumpers for whatever reason) if they knew he was balancing school with work, and it would likely take the heat off him to some extent if other people were aware that he did, in fact, have a legitimate job.  To say nothing of the fact that these same classmates have almost certainly not bought houses at the same time that they are trying to eke out enough to afford law school....So why does he turn himself inside out being noncommittal about the whole question? Unless, of course, all the money that the Lord has blessed them with comes from Jill's TLC back pay. Or shameless grifting.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 18

His precious ego would take a beating if it came out Jill is the money maker of his family. The men are suppose to make the money, the women are suppose to get pregnant and take care of the children and make their husbands look good.

23 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Mine aren't that deep, and I'm mid-60's.  Jill married poorly, and her face tells the sad story.

Facial lines have a lot to do with genetics. Of all the things we can blame on Jim Bob and Mullet or Jill herself, this isn't one. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Trillium said:

Jesus, what an awful picture -- every single thing about it is just bad. Jill looks awful, her hair looks awful (why do we have to see SO MUCH of it?), she looks like she slept in her clothes, the background is awful. Amy is PAYING HER? Amy must be an even bigger moron than I thought . . .

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

Yeah, but those colleagues who have more kids and are making it work probably worked at an actual job for a decent amount of time and saved, and/or have partners who are working to make ends meet. 

I, too, wish he’d just SAY what he apparently worked at to save enough money for law school, a new house, and a family of four! 

• Love 15
On 5/23/2019 at 2:48 PM, Christina87 said:

I actually like the picture of Jill in the blue dress. The dress is a horror, but it's a good color on her, IMO. Her hair is crazy, but at least it has body. She seems to have a light in her eyes that we don't normally see anymore. Maybe she genuinely had a good time with Amy, and is happy. She looks happy for the first time in a while, and physically, we've seen her look worse. 

But I'm suspicious about something. Amy doesn't look pregnant! I know she's not eight months or anything, but her midsection actually seems smaller than normal. I wonder if Jill really took these photos today! Hmmmm...

I like the dress. I’d tie it a little shorter and wear with sandals on a hot summer weekend day. When I was picnicing in the park or taking a walk at the Botanic Gardens. 

I thought Amy looked tinier normal, maybe it’s the black?

• Love 1

He did mention scholarships. Do scholarships work like student loans? Where you get a set amount of money each semester, and after you pay for your class expenses you can do whatever with the money left over?

I've never had scholarships or student loans. So not sure how they're supposed to work. Just saw how others use them.

• Love 1

Amy's clothing is generally better than that stuff from lemon and lemonade, but the shorts and voluminous shirt are bad. I like the length of the shorts (I'm old), but they look cheap. That wrinkled shirt is a boatload of ugly fabric. Any why doesn't Jill wash and brush her hair before modeling clothes she's trying to get people to buy? Hopeless.  

• Love 11

Didn't they just move into that house?!

Why does it already look like crap? The weeds behind Jill are halfway up the fence. They're obviously not hurting for money, they can't pay one of her brothers twenty bucks to come mow their lawn? 

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, beckie said:

He did mention scholarships. Do scholarships work like student loans? Where you get a set amount of money each semester, and after you pay for your class expenses you can do whatever with the money left over?

I've never had scholarships or student loans. So not sure how they're supposed to work. Just saw how others use them.

While I did not go to law school,  I do know there are fewer scholarships available for graduate degrees than undergraduate ones.  The ones that are available would be very competitive and I don't see a mediocre white man like Derick qualifying for them.  Also, if he has enough money to buy a house it would make it harder for him.  He might have received a couple of scholarships that might be around a few thousand,  but he would be on the hook for the rest.

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, beckie said:

There are different kinds of scholarships. Some go straight to the school towards your tuition, others can be applied to total cost of attendance (which includes books and living expenses), after x is applied to tuition the rest is issued to you in a check per semester or per quarter for you to use to pay living expenses. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Jesus, what an awful picture -- every single thing about it is just bad. Jill looks awful, her hair looks awful (why do we have to see SO MUCH of it?), she looks like she slept in her clothes, the background is awful. Amy is PAYING HER? Amy must be an even bigger moron than I thought . . .

My hair looked that bad last year.   Cause I was severely depressed and not taking care of myself .....  then I realized how I was hurting myself and went to the salon 

• Love 5