Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

On 5/21/2019 at 11:43 AM, Puffin said:

God forbid they call a woman Jack of all trades, the devil might appear right in front of them and smite them. Idiots. 

Her name is literally Jill though. It’s a play on “Jack and Jill.” I happen to know a bit about people thinking it’s hilaaaaaaaaarious to ask girls named Jill where Jack is and other such stupid references. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
13 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Her name is literally Jill though. It’s a play on “Jack and Jill.” I happen to know a bit about people thinking it’s hilaaaaaaaaarious to ask girls named Jill where Jack is and other such stupid references. 

Those were my thoughts exactly - and I'm not even named Jill, nor do I know any Jills well enough to have heard this lament.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Probably too busy servicing the big D.

Actually, that's probably true. The recipes must have been something she did to keep herself entertained during the day while Derick was in class. Now he's out for the summer and if he has some kind of summer job or clerkship, we'd have heard about it by now. She's busy following him around the house and trying to climb on his lap every time he sits down. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I’ve actually never heard anyone called Jill of all trades before, Interesting. I wonder why they call Jana, Jana of all trades then? I really believe they think something bad will happen if they give a woman a mans nickname.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Puffin said:

I’ve actually never heard anyone called Jill of all trades before, Interesting. I wonder why they call Jana, Jana of all trades then? I really believe they think something bad will happen if they give a woman a mans nickname.

I’ve heard Jill of All Trades many times. Jill is considered a female equivalent of Jack (colloquially, not etymologically), and sometimes a generic female name, like an “average Joe.” “Jana of All Trades” would be kind of cute, but it doesn’t scan the same or have the same connotation as Jack/Jill.

(ETA: found an interesting link)

I don’t see any evidence that they have some bizarre fear of the devil smiting them for using a masculine term about a woman. Honestly that is just silly. The hype around the Duggars’ beliefs frequently seems to go far beyond the silliness they actually come up with. I’m not a fundamentalist, but I prefer not to have masculine titles ascribed to me. It’s not because I’m afraid of Satan, it’s just weird. I don’t like being called “bro” or “dude” either. I’m not a man. And the Duggars probably don’t care about this part, but I don’t appreciate men being the “default” human all the time. 

This seemed to me like a a cutesy play on Jill’s actual given name, which worked because of the aforementioned Jack/Jill association, and nothing more. We’ve almost certainly given it more thought than Anna ever did. 

Edited by JocelynCavanaugh
  • Love 17

Her pictures still suck. Disregard the arrow, it’s a screenshot. Looks more like a picture of the store and Jill got in the way.

Someone asked if her hair is naturally wavy. The reply: (by the way, it’s date night)

jillmdillard Naturally frizzy and matted...lol...have to do something with it...scrunching with mousse and hairspray and a blowdryer/diffuser gives it this look.

B980C23E-3C56-45F2-92B5-4EA2348E9C41.jpeg

36FA1505-363F-4D6F-9968-83FB9667C2C8.jpeg

• LOL 4
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

OMG. That blue thing is horrible!

I was wondering if it was maternity wear but Jill’s not pregnant so, I guess not. It’s actually not that bad if it wasn’t so long.

Edited by Puffin
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Puffin said:

I was wondering if it was maternity wear but Jill’s not pregnant so. It’s actually not that bad if it wasn’t so long.

I see an advertisement for a Memorial Day Tent Sale on the same page the awful Jill pictures. I find it funny and ironic the ad is being shown because of the terrible outfit Jill has on.

Edited by bigskygirl
2 minutes ago, Puffin said:

I was wondering if it was maternity wear but Jill’s not pregnant so, I guess not. It’s actually not that bad if it wasn’t so long.

It looks comfortable.  Like something one could put on after a long days work.  Or a nightgown.  But its shapeless and will make anyone wearing it look heavier than they are.  I don't care if the wearer doesn't care.  Her hip length hair, well I can't add anything that hasn't already been said.

• Love 9

I might buy that maxi dress to keep in my closet when I have moved into my Auntie Mame phase.  I will rock it with a turban and my wrists covered in bracelets and may be a broach at the base of the V.  I am a few decades out though.

• LOL 19
  • Love 4

I actually like the picture of Jill in the blue dress. The dress is a horror, but it's a good color on her, IMO. Her hair is crazy, but at least it has body. She seems to have a light in her eyes that we don't normally see anymore. Maybe she genuinely had a good time with Amy, and is happy. She looks happy for the first time in a while, and physically, we've seen her look worse. 

But I'm suspicious about something. Amy doesn't look pregnant! I know she's not eight months or anything, but her midsection actually seems smaller than normal. I wonder if Jill really took these photos today! Hmmmm...

• Love 7

This may be a winner - the ugliest thing Jill has worn yet! It's either this or the nightmare jumpsuit.  Add the rat's nest hair and it is quite a look.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Jill? How many flies are in your kitchen????

That is what I am wondering.  Are flies a big issue in Arkansas?  I am happy to admit I never have lived anywhere I considered feeding a flying insect so it leaves my food alone.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Puffin said:

We don't know if  Jill is pregnant.  I actually think the blue dress is kind of nice.  It's similar to the dress Amy's wearing in black. Amy's dress does a nice job of mimizing her bump.  

42 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Jill? How many flies are in your kitchen????

30 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

That is what I am wondering.  Are flies a big issue in Arkansas?  I am happy to admit I never have lived anywhere I considered feeding a flying insect so it leaves my food alone.  

Holy wow! Another example of how isolated they all are. Almost all homes now have screens in the windows and storm doors. For older homes there are a zillion screens one can purchase to put in a window. There really isn't a reason for a person with reasonable income, that I can think of, to have excessive flies in their home. Unless of course they leave rotten food in their home for extended period of time.

Jill somehow thinks this is normal. It's not normal. At least not in my exposure to the world.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Holy wow! Another example of how isolated they all are. Almost all homes now have screens in the windows and storm doors. For older homes there are a zillion screens one can purchase to put in a window. There really isn't a reason for a person with reasonable income, that I can think of, to have excessive flies in their home. Unless of course they leave rotten food in their home for extended period of time.

Jill somehow thinks this is normal. It's not normal. At least not in my exposure to the world.

That is what I thought but not being familiar with Arkansas I thought well, maybe its a thing.  Maybe Izzie is hiding food for Sam's great escape.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I hate that knot-tying shit.  Meri Brown does it with LuLaHellNo crap clothes she wears and sells.

Jill could improve her look tremendously by chopping a foot off that scraggly mess of hair. I agree that the blue color suits her, but the dress itself is ugh.

• Love 13
18 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Unless of course they leave rotten food in their home for extended period of time.

I can’t breathe reading this!! This is Jill we’re discussing! 😂😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

She actually said that her long hair is easier to manage than a shorter cut. Sorry Jill, but my just below shoulder length hair is wash and go. No dryer/diffuser needed. 

How long does it take her to dry that mop, anyway? She must have to get up an hour before the kids on hair washing day.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

She actually said that her long hair is easier to manage than a shorter cut. Sorry Jill, but my just below shoulder length hair is wash and go. No dryer/diffuser needed. 

How long does it take her to dry that mop, anyway? She must have to get up an hour before the kids on hair washing day.

I have curly hair which can go three or four days between washing. Could be more, but I have not pushed it to find out. It's just below shoulder length dry, but probably a good five inches longer wet. I let it air-dry, which takes a good three hours to where it doesn't look particularly wet, but definitely a couple more hours past that to actually get it dry. Her hair is easily a foot longer than mine, though I'm not altogether sure how much longer the actual length of the hair takes to dry. If I have to be up and about on a hair-washing day, though, I just make sure I wash it before 7:00 am or so, though, and anyone who has to see it before it's 100% dry will just have to screen their eyes and try to live through the trauma.

• LOL 9

Her dress is hideous. The color is good, but yeesh. Ugly. She'll never cut that crap on her head. Unfortunately. I keep my hair shoulder length or slightly longer. Its thin and fine. Dries instantly.  

• Love 10

I live in relatively small town/city. These are the qualifications for the midwives that work at our clinic.

This certification requires either a masters or doctorate in midwifery along with national certification and state licensing. 

Is this the kind of classes that Derwood drove Jill to ??

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
(edited)

The flies are not an Arkansas thing. I mean, there are flies in Arkansas and sometimes they get in people's houses, but no worse than anywhere else. I'd actually imagine they'd be a bigger issue in the Delta, but I've never been there long enough to know.

If her house is fly infested that badly, that's just Jill being nasty. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 15
10 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Guess Derek won’t let her cut her hair.

I don't think Derick's to blame this time. She's still following the dictates of that creepy old perv, Bill Gothard and trying to please Daddy with an outward sign of obedience to her childhood training. Growing her hair to that ridiculous length is a cheap, easy and ostentatious way to show the world how Godly she is. If her hair is longer than any of her sisters or sisters-in-law, then she's obviously better then they are. Like the "modesty" clothing, it's really all about "Look at me! Look at me!".

• Love 16

Long hair is a thing among non-Fundies too. It seems there's a select group of hair growers that take some kind of weird pride in having their hair down to the hips. The odd thing is none of them appear to see beyond the length. I've seen long thin hair that becomes so heavy that the woman's ears jut out. Mostly I see women whose hair resembles the Duggar's hair. If someone even comments on the length (not necessarily complements) their hands go to their hair and their eyes light up like they've just received the Nobel Prize.

I've never really understood it. Hair grows on it's own. It's not like they spend hours studying to grow it, or exercise to grow it, or water, fertilize and get the correct amount of sun - it just happens.

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Long hair is a thing among non-Fundies too. It seems there's a select group of hair growers that take some kind of weird pride in having their hair down to the hips. The odd thing is none of them appear to see beyond the length. I've seen long thin hair that becomes so heavy that the woman's ears jut out. Mostly I see women whose hair resembles the Duggar's hair. If someone even comments on the length (not necessarily complements) their hands go to their hair and their eyes light up like they've just received the Nobel Prize.

I've never really understood it. Hair grows on it's own. It's not like they spend hours studying to grow it, or exercise to grow it, or water, fertilize and get the correct amount of sun - it just happens.

Stupid analogy, I admit, but it reminds me of how some people will do backflips over terrible singers simply because they can sing very high or very low. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Long hair is a thing among non-Fundies too. It seems there's a select group of hair growers that take some kind of weird pride in having their hair down to the hips.

Yep, if the Duggars/Gothardites are still thinking that long hair points to their obedience to God/Daddy/Gothard, guess what, there is an entire group of worldly women who grow their hair long because they like the attention. Which, honestly is why the Duggar girls grow theirs long. 

As for Israel feeding the flies, I doubt their house is infested with the pests. When I had kids at home I always had flies buzzing around in the summer because the kids were coming in and out all day. I thought Israel leaving food for them was kind of cute. My grandson at that age would befriend the spiders that lived in our bathroom so I would have to catch them & put them outside instead of squashing them like you're supposed to.

• Love 10