Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Temperance said:

I don't think Josh and Anna got paid either or they shouldn't

You're right. But sometimes I think in some way Josh still gets paid. Maybe Jboob makes them split funds with Josh or something like that.

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Jill’s comments on Instagram- she thanks  Derick for being responsible for  his own children so she could go.  He is their father.  He doesn’t deserve being thanked for watching his own children. You thank people for watching children that don’t belong to them because they’ve done something beyond the call of duty. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 11
55 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Jill’s comments on Instagram- she thanks  Derick for being responsible for  his own children so she could go.  He is their father.  He doesn’t deserve being thanked for watching his own children. You thank people for watching children that don’t belong to them because they’ve done something beyond the call of duty. 

As Jill thanked Sierra for babysitting the kids whilst she went on her birthday tryst with Derelict. I had no idea Jill and Sierra were friendly. 

• Useful 1
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

As Jill thanked Sierra for babysitting the kids whilst she went on her birthday tryst with Derelict. I had no idea Jill and Sierra were friendly. 

Once again Jana and or any other Duggar was unavailable? Yet all 50 million of them were at the birthday lunch? In the  pictures of Cathy at Jill’s house, you could see clutter everywhere (sorry couldn’t figure out how to link) She certainly had a lot of birthday “events”

• Love 1
9 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Keeping the boys? He is the father not a baby sitter.

So true. Sam should have made his escape since Derrick probably invited  Becky in the third row over while Jill was out.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Lunera said:

You know who's NOT pictured here? Jill's friends.

On one side of the table is Jill -- with her mom, her sisters, and her sisters-in-law. Across the table is Lauren -- and her friends.

Jill is 28, and she appears to be outgoing and friendly. In any other situation, she would be celebrating her birthday with friends. She would be enjoying a dinner with old friends from high school (or even college!), friends from her midwifery classes, friends from work, friends from church, mommy friends, etc. Not only does she not have any friends, but she has never had any friends -- one day psychologist will write papers about this family (and this cult) and the effects of growing up in complete isolation while growing up completely ignored in a mob of people.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Did she get her Chocolate Mess? Are JB & M praising her Servant's Heart? Are we all looking forward to what the Lord has in store for her? Did #besthubbyevah buy her more Gummy Bears? So many things I need to know!

ALL of those things, I’m sure!!

I think it would be hilarious and so like them if they all sat down in the restaurant and got noting but 20 waters and complimentary bread!  😁 

49 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh geez. I bet that was a real scene with all those kids!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, Sierra did plan Jill's crappy wedding but I thought they kicked her to the curb after Jessa's wedding. Wonder why she wasn't invited to the birthday dinner.

7 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Well, Sierra did plan Jill's crappy wedding but I thought they kicked her to the curb after Jessa's wedding. Wonder why she wasn't invited to the birthday dinner.

It wouldn't surprise me if they invited Sierra and her two daughters, but then Sierra didn't have a babysitter for her four sons and Mark was working. If you look carefully at the birthday dinner, it looks like all girls except maybe the baby whose gender I can't tell.  

Fundies loved gendered events. Some fundie daughters I know planned an all girls party for their mother's birthday. They invited their sisters-in-law and nieces, but not even their brothers. The brothers decided to take their mom out to dinner on different night, but one sister who threw the party decided she had to crash with all her kids in-tow. I wouldn't have been happy if I were one of her brothers. Another fundie I know invited a single mom to women's only event; then were surprised when her sons didn't leave. The one teenage son was old enough to drive, but they had driven from far away and didn't want to get back in the car to try to navigate a difficult area that gets more experienced drivers confused. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Who’s riding herd on the kiddie table, anyone?

Jana. Until they took the picture.

Because the Duggars are so cheap, I wonder how they split the check?

That's a very revealing shirt Jill is wearing in the cake picture. Shame on her.

Edited by MsJamieDornan
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Who’s riding herd on the kiddie table, anyone?

Probably Johanna if anyone. I don't see her, but she's probably there. And Jana would be on the end if she had to get up all the time, not Abbie.  Most of the kids on that end look old enough to fend for themselves. 

What the heck is that mess behind Jill & Derick? Jill's house looks like a hard wind blew through. She is a stay at home mother with ONLY 2 children. I was that too, and when we moved, my house was put together rather quickly. What a mess, and no real excuse for it. I'm glad to see Cathy feeding Sam correctly. That child, I would bet, is never properly fed, he has to fend for himself with his food spilled on the high chair tray and feed himself, filthy fingers and all. Sorry that Izzy gets to use paper plates and plastic spoons. They really need to purchase a nice set of unbreakable Correlle. I have a set and it's great for every day.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Who has time to say all of that, and way TMI. I never want to hear someone call their significant other smoochie.  Save that for the bedroom.  Choose one like Sweetie or Darling or Baby Doll and leave it at that.  It's not an effen competition.

If someone ever unironically called me smoochie there would be no chance we even be headed to the bedroom, tbh. And coupled with sweetie, darling, cinnamon roll, whatever makes it sound like a mean joke, at least with no tone for context.  

They are so weird and just ... socially off. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 19
8 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

On one side of the table is Jill -- with her mom, her sisters, and her sisters-in-law. Across the table is Lauren -- and her friends.

Jill is 28, and she appears to be outgoing and friendly. In any other situation, she would be celebrating her birthday with friends. She would be enjoying a dinner with old friends from high school (or even college!), friends from her midwifery classes, friends from work, friends from church, mommy friends, etc. Not only does she not have any friends, but she has never had any friends -- one day psychologist will write papers about this family (and this cult) and the effects of growing up in complete isolation while growing up completely ignored in a mob of people.

But isn’t Derelict her best friend? And Meechelle. Who needs friends when you have those two? 

• LOL 13
(edited)
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

What the heck is that mess behind Jill & Derick? 

I noticed that at first, but upon further inspection, it's really just a full dish rack with pots drying and a container full of cooking utensils.  It doesn't help that the background also contains a fake tree and a chair with a bag on it.   They are notoriously bad for talking bad pictures!

I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with Jill's smeared shirt.

Edited by BigBingerBro
Jill's shirt
  • Love 7
44 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I noticed that at first, but upon further inspection, it's really just a full dish rack with pots drying and a container full of cooking utensils.  It doesn't help that the background also contains a fake tree and a chair with a bag on it.   They are notoriously bad for talking bad pictures!

I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with Jill's smeared shirt.

Here's her shirt earlier. The smear in the later pic is curious.

(edited)
9 hours ago, Lunera said:

What's up with that first picture it looks like she blurred a stain off her shirt

The alternative would be to CHANGE and WASH it. She wouldn’t go THAT far. Don’t get carried away!!!

Edited by heckkitty
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, ozziemom said:

In any other situation, she would be celebrating her birthday with friends.

I rarely do this.  My birthday is just after Christmas so by that time everybody is partied out and saving their strength for New Year's Eve.  As long as I get prime rib and a big chocolate dessert, all is well.  I'm happy with the well wishes that arrive via Facebook.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

While I agree with this to an extent, lots of people thank parents for parenting in the form of Mother's and Father's Days. That being said, Derick is and should not be a glorified babysitter for Izzy or Sam.

12 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I don't think Lauren has friends here either, although there are female Swansons. 

12 hours ago, Lunera said:

What's up with that first picture it looks like she blurred a stain off her shirt

It's a weird stain because the black undershirt seems to be stain-free? Maybe photoshop? Curious. Of course, the 12-year-old boy inside me has another idea as to the origins of the stain on her shirt...

• LOL 2
27 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

It's a weird stain because the black undershirt seems to be stain-free? Maybe photoshop?

If you read the comments on Instagram, someone speculates it could be due to portrait app. I know nothing about apps, but this makes sense to me. It looks too uniform (and enormous) to be a stain.

• Useful 2

Their brand new house already looks like crap. I’m sure the light carpets will be stained in no time. Jill needs to take a class in housekeeping. Putting things away should be the first step. 

Sammy looks absolutely adorable standing in the plastic cake cover! (Although, knowing Jill she may have used it to cover any leftover cake...)

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Their brand new house already looks like crap. I’m sure the light carpets will be stained in no time. Jill needs to take a class in housekeeping. Putting things away should be the first step. 

Sammy looks absolutely adorable standing in the plastic cake cover! (Although, knowing Jill she may have used it to cover any leftover cake...)

She should ask Michelle, she knows all about housekeeping doesn't she? 😉

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I am older than Jill and I don’t have any friends. I seem to attract grifters and liars . 

Jill says it's "so weird" and doesn't know why that happened but if you zoom on it looks like someone perfectly blurred the edge of the top going into her arm and the scoop neck.

I think she probably stained her top and was too lazy to change so she edited the picture.

She could have used this as a "you know your a mom when you stain your shirt 🤷‍♀️" moment 

Screenshot_20190518-115513_Gallery-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.95bf15a6fc22637d1c43b78539cc44cd.jpg

Just now, galaxychaser said:

I am older than Jill and I don’t have any friends. I seem to attract grifters and liars . 

I am also older than Jill and my friends group has broken down over time since college from death to just people revealing themselves to be assholes.  It also did not help that I am the only single one still living.  Making friends in your 30s is hard.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Angeltoes said:

I rarely do this.  My birthday is just after Christmas so by that time everybody is partied out and saving their strength for New Year's Eve.  As long as I get prime rib and a big chocolate dessert, all is well.  I'm happy with the well wishes that arrive via Facebook.

My birthday is after Xmas too lol. 

I also understand keeping a family party just "family". Especially when your family are the Duggars. 

As for the Swansons, it suddenly makes sense why they're all there. Today is Lauren's birthday. (The Duggar family did a birthday post for her.) It was probably a two for one celebration, Jill and Lauren. 

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

My birthday is after Xmas too lol. 

Mine is January 1 so I am spared any kind of festivity - when I worked, it was a safe bet that it could go ignored by people I didn't want to party with.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Temperance said:

It was probably a two for one celebration, Jill and Lauren. 

Yes, Jill says as much in the caption of the group outing Instagram post. "Had fun celebrating my b’day (& Lauren’s @siandlaurenduggar ) this week with the girls!" 

• Useful 1
13 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Yes, Jill says as much in the caption of the group outing Instagram post. "Had fun celebrating my b’day (& Lauren’s @siandlaurenduggar ) this week with the girls!" 

Yup, Lauren is not worthy of being included in the sentence, without (      ). 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
(edited)
55 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I've been saying the past few years I have more acquaintances than friends.  The people I would have called friends, I found out the hard way, they aren't.  I'm single and an only child, so honestly, seeing Jill surrounded by family, it seems better to me than being alone. But then I remember they are Duggars, so being single and an only child is not that bad after all. 

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 23
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Here's her shirt earlier. The smear in the later pic is curious.

2 questions:

1) What were they eating that was in the container that says “Pearls” on it?

2) WTH would you wear earrings like that to go hiking??

• Love 5
2 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

If you read the comments on Instagram, someone speculates it could be due to portrait app. I know nothing about apps, but this makes sense to me. It looks too uniform (and enormous) to be a stain.

I’ll bet money that she put that lid back on the cake and didn’t think twice about doing it.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

2 questions:

Pearls packages olives.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

2 questions:

She hashtagged it as a little hike so I don’t think they really went far. It seems to be more of a picnic but with an odd combination of olives and hummus. On a saucer...Derelict probably couldn’t find anything more suitable in that messy kitchen.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, floridamom said:

Sorry that Izzy gets to use paper plates and plastic spoons. They really need to purchase a nice set of unbreakable Correlle. I have a set and it's great for every day.

Why are all the Duggars so arrogant that they always use disposable dishes eating AT HOME? It infuriates me that they are all too lazy to use real dishes and wash them like normal people rather than send endless heaps to the landfill.

8 hours ago, McManda said:

If someone ever unironically called me smoochie there would be no chance we even be headed to the bedroom, tbh. And coupled with sweetie, darling, cinnamon roll, whatever makes it sound like a mean joke, at least with no tone for context.  

They are so weird and just ... socially off. 

Totally agree. No stupid pet names, please, particularly not in such copious quantities and in public, no less. That seems totally out of character for what we see of Dreck's public persona.

And kudos for a prefect description of both of them, particularly Dreck: "weird and socially off."

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Why are all the Duggars so arrogant that they always use disposable dishes eating AT HOME? It infuriates me that they are all too lazy to use real dishes and wash them like normal people rather than send endless heaps to the landfill.

In the early days they would sort of brag about it.  They thought it was clever that they didn't have to worry about spending time doing dishes.  Of course they are clueless to anything concerning the environment, but hey they always  do things "a little bit different".  Meanwhile when they had TLC fund the building and completion of the TTH, JB managed to score industrial appliances for their kitchen, so they do have one of those massive restaurant style dishwashers.  The only time I saw them use it was when a few of the howlers decided to put a video camera inside of it to see what it looked like.

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Totally agree. No stupid pet names, please, particularly not in such copious quantities and in public, no less. That seems totally out of character for what we see of Dreck's public persona.

And kudos for a prefect description of both of them, particularly Dreck: "weird and socially off."

In Jill’s case, there are only four of them! No excuse for not using real dishes. Pure laziness. 

The pet names by Dreck almost seem like sarcastic digs at Jill that he knows she and her “fans” will never understand. So he seems like the best hubby to her and all the leghumpers.

• Love 14
(edited)
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

Jill says it's "so weird" and doesn't know why that happened but if you zoom on it looks like someone perfectly blurred the edge of the top going into her arm and the scoop neck.

I think she probably stained her top and was too lazy to change so she edited the picture.

Eh, I'll defend Jill on this one because if you look at the zoomed in version of the blurred image the blur on her shirt also has another blur in it and then another blur within that. And it's a little too perfectly against the line of her arm. If you were going to go to the trouble of editing your photo wouldn't you at least edit it in a uniform way?

I think, additionally based on the soft, out of focus blur of the back ground, that it's more likely that they used a smartphone for the photo and the pattern on her shirt made the software do something funky.

Seriously, Apple has been under fire with its iPhone XR and XS and how even the default settings filter photos. I'd assume this was more the case than some elaborate photoshop by Jill. Mostly because I don't think she that smart or aware, to be honest. We've all seen her Citrus and Lemon snap shills.

Edited by McManda
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Lunera said:

She could have used this as a "you know your a mom when you stain your shirt 🤷‍♀️" moment 

Screenshot_20190518-115513_Gallery-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.95bf15a6fc22637d1c43b78539cc44cd.jpg

I was just assuming that the photo somehow showed the outline of her bra, or something else which was deemed potential "Nike" territory.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Lunera said:

His haircut bugs me.  Spring for a $12 Supercuts haircut or something.  Hair resting on the tops of ears like that when the rest is super short bugs me as an ex hairdresser.  BEC I know.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 5