Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Lisa418722 said:

At work today, I noticed on the attorneys' calendars today that there is a meet and greet for the new clerks on Monday, so possibly Derrick hasn't started yet.  

Do you work in Derrick's area?  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Rereading Derick's post about moms and I concur that there does appear to be some distance between Derick and JB/Michelle. I'm curious as to how far this new home is from the TTH - was the move to create even more distance between the Dillards and the Duggars?

I looked it up when they first moved and I think it's around 10 miles from the TTH, so not too far, but not super-close either.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Rereading Derick's post about moms and I concur that there does appear to be some distance between Derick and JB/Michelle. I'm curious as to how far this new home is from the TTH - was the move to create even more distance between the Dillards and the Duggars?

Jill said the move was to be closer to family. Haven’t mapped it so don’t know how true that is!

• Love 1

It's a shame, honestly, to see how sad Jill and Derick look in their photos. When you see pics of the other married-off Duggarlings, they (with the exception of Josh) look generally happier and more relaxed than when they lived in the dorms at Duggar Central. Dreck and Jill both look worn down, older than their years, miserable, and just over the whole "adulting" thing (and they've not even had a real taste of what it truly means to be self-sufficient adults, so that right there is pathetic). 

I think the four daughters who were abused should get a bigger piece of the the TLC earnings pie. Jill and Jessa are initially the ones who kept the gravy train rolling when 19 Kids was cancelled. After all these girls went through, it's the least their father can do for them. Is JB giving Jill and Derick any money at all now that they're off the show? I doubt it- Deertick caused controversy and did more damage to an already tarnished Duggar name. I too am quite intrigued to find out where the Dillards are coming up with money for a house and school when she doesn't work and his "job" is to be a perpetual student. 

• Love 14
(edited)
15 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

I too am quite intrigued to find out where the Dillards are coming up with money for a house and school when she doesn't work and his "job" is to be a perpetual student. 

I'm wondering since they are off the show did Derelict demand Jill's share of the tv money from JBoob? Remember he is her headship and what he says goes. Now, I'm not saying he got anything , but I can see him demanding it. Actually, I can see Jeremy asking for it also.

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 4
(edited)

Oh one thing I have been meaning to add, it does not surprise me that the Duggars picked Lowell or even Sonora over a place in Fayetteville.

Each of the bigger towns in the area (Fayetteville, Springdale, Rogers, Bentonville) have their own vibe.

As I've mentioned on here before, Fayetteville has a surprisingly liberal/alternative/artsy aura for Arkansas. It's often compared to Austin in relation to Texas. Not to say you don't meet conservatives or Christians there, but it is definitely not a place I could see Jill or Derick feeling like they fit in.

Springdale, rightly or wrongly, is often seen as kind of cheap and trashy. 

Rogers is often seen as quieter and more boring in comparison to other places but a generally nice place to live. When folks in my county talk about moving, they're always aspiring to a place in Rogers. LOL

Bentonville just always sort of has a corporate vibe, not surprising since that's where Wal-Mart HQ is. I'm sure poor people live in Bentonville, but whenever I hear someone lives there, I always assume they're rich because I've been in some seriously cavernous, ostentatious houses over there. 

Lowell is fairly quiet and is smaller, but I think has much more of a Rogers vibe. Sonora is a tiny little speck of a place you drive through and blink and miss. It's virtually indistinguishable from Springdale--at least to me. 

So, I think the Dillards probably feel like they're trading up by switching from a place closer to Springdale to a place closer to Rogers. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 19
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Does Sammy have giant feet or do they put him in shoes that are too big? Or ... maybe they're onto him and they put him in clodhoppers to slow him down during his escape attempts.

I think it might be time for Sammy to team up with Jeremy’s lynx. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I'm wondering since they are off the show did Derelict demanded Jill's share of the tv money from JBoob? Remember he is her headship and what he says goes. Now, I'm not saying he got anything , but I can see him demanding it.

I think that's very possible. The only logical explanation for Derick and Jill being able to afford law school and a new house and live with no visible means of support is that they're using their TLC money. Derick was obviously lying when he said they were never paid by TLC and I can't believe that Cathy is financing their lives to this extant. They must have pried their TLC money loose from Jim Bob's Duggar Family Trust.

The only way Jim Bob could collect and hold onto the adult kids' TLC money would be with their consent. This wouldn't be hard for him since they were all minors when the show began and "letting Daddy handle everything" is second nature to them. They were all brought up to believe that Daddy's word was law and that "Biblical economics" (Daddy controlling everything for their own good) was part of God's plan. As adults, the kids might sometimes wish that they had more freedom to spend their TLC money, but they'd never dare to voice that wish aloud. Some of them probably don't even realize that the money is legally theirs; they think it all belongs to "the Family".

Given all this, it would be very difficult for Derick to demand his wife's earnings on her behalf. First, he would have to get Jill to agree to go along with him and defy Jim Bob (and Jill has always been the biggest "Daddy's Girl" of the bunch). But if he did pressure Jill to let him demand the money, the only thing that would make Jim Bob give in would be the threat of legal action. A big, fat messy lawsuit with Jim Bob accused of stealing his children's money? A lawsuit that would allow the public to get a good look at his bank accounts and his years of financial shenanigans? A lawsuit that could allow the molestation scandal to be-reopened and all kinds of family skeletons to be revealed? A lawsuit that might make TLC finally decide that the Duggars were more trouble than they were worth? A lawsuit that might end up with him not only having to give Jill her money, but to give all the other adult kids their money as well? If Derick stood firm and didn't give up, Jim Bob would bluff and bluster, but he'd eventually give in. He'd have to. The best he could do as a compromise would be to quietly transfer a big chunk of money over to Jill and Derick as a "gift" in return for their promise not to get the other kids riled up or to start any rumors of family discord. This would certainly explain why relations between Jill and her family are superficially cordial while Derick is clearly on the outs with them.

• Love 20

Is Dereick even that capable to stand up and make demands? He strikes me as, what is commonly said, a "beta male" who can't/won't be assertive when he needs to be. He is opinionated and assertive when he's behind a keyboard and spouting off judgements and Bible verses, certainly, but I don't thank that he has any real dominant traits that he would use in the real world (which is probably why JB approved of him marrying Jill- just another person he can boss around).

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

So apparently today Jilly is 28 today. She looks so much older. I can't believe she's 10 years younger than me. 

Yep, I’m 38 too and I look way younger than her.  People always think I’m in my late twenties-early thirties. My mom over 60 and has less wrinkles than Jill. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

First, he would have to get Jill to agree to go along with him and defy Jim Bob (and Jill has always been the biggest "Daddy's Girl" of the bunch).

Ahh, but remember Jill behaves like a high school girl with a crush.  After the honeymoon, I’m sure Deertick could convince her to do anything 🤢

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Given all this, it would be very difficult for Derick to demand his wife's earnings on her behalf. First, he would have to get Jill to agree to go along with him and defy Jim Bob (and Jill has always been the biggest "Daddy's Girl" of the bunch). But if he did pressure Jill to let him demand the money, the only thing that would make Jim Bob give in would be the threat of legal action. A big, fat messy lawsuit with Jim Bob accused of stealing his children's money? A lawsuit that would allow the public to get a good look at his bank accounts and his years of financial shenanigans? A lawsuit that could allow the molestation scandal to be-reopened and all kinds of family skeletons to be revealed? A lawsuit that might make TLC finally decide that the Duggars were more trouble than they were worth? A lawsuit that might end up with him not only having to give Jill her money, but to give all the other adult kids their money as well? If Derick stood firm and didn't give up, Jim Bob would bluff and bluster, but he'd eventually give in. He'd have to. The best he could do as a compromise would be to quietly transfer a big chunk of money over to Jill and Derick as a "gift" in return for their promise not to get the other kids riled up or to start any rumors of family discord. This would certainly explain why relations between Jill and her family are superficially cordial while Derick is clearly on the outs with them.

I'll bet this scenario (or a version of it) is probably what occurred.  Let's face it, Deertick & Jilly were the ones constantly gifting for money.  I can't see them then just sitting back happily letting JB collect all of their Counting On money.  (do we even have proof he does?)  The last thing JB needs is a lawsuit, especially of that caliber.  I know they were dropped from the show, but they were in at least 5 of the 9 seasons, so that could equal a pretty good chunk of change.

• Love 2

Warning: total supposition ahead...

If we notice that J’Derrick are somehow living on and buying a house with essentially thin air, the rest of the Duggar Swarm (well, some of them) certainly can figure it out, too. JB may have gone along with handing them money but in exchange for writing them out of the will. Or he gave handouts to everyone who got married as a wedding present. But that doesn’t feel like him...it cedes too much control.

I’m wondering if, after the main show was canceled, the “Counting On” contract wasn’t directly with the girls instead, given that they would have been legal adults then, I believe? If Anna’s smart enough to set up an LLC they may well have done the same. 

The rift may well have resulted in part because they didn’t give JB legal access to that revenue and Derrick was instrumental in setting that up. He’s not stupid, just icky.

Dunno. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I still cannot see Jill's share of the TLC and books pot being enough money to cover their current lifestyle.  Derick wasted $12,000 on a ministry program that did not pan out on top of his tuition for 1 year of law school.  Derick has had no visible job since he quit Walmart however many years ago.  Maybe, just maybe her share of the pot would cover the costs of Derick's education so far, but not a down payment on a house plus living expenses for the last few years, plus their medical bills for the 2 births.  They bough a house when Derick has 2 more years of school in his future.  Two years of rigorous study that does not leave him enough time to work a tax-paying job.  I would suspect them of taking advantage of social programs to help feed the family if they did not just buy this house.  I cannot believe that his family is ponying up the money either.  They are blowing through a large amount of money with no visible means of keeping it up.  Derick has to be working under the table somewhere plus they must have grifted way more money than they could have ever spent in their "ministry."  

I keep on thinking about my expenses as a single woman and the math does not add up.  I just don't see how the Dillards will afford the next 2 years of Derick's education while paying for everyday expenses like food, gas, car repairs, health insurance, property taxes, etc.  

• Love 21
38 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

If Anna’s smart enough to set up an LLC they may well have done the same. 

She's not smart enough. it's handed by Jim Bob's lawyers and such - it's Josh/Jim Bob's in all but name.

• Love 12

Ahhh, a FU Internetz moment because we've all been speculating that the Dillards are distant from the Duggars. Granted there are no pics of Derick with them (even before or after girls' night out)...

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Ahhh, a FU Internetz moment because we've all been speculating that the Dillards are distant from the Duggars. Granted there are no pics of Derick with them (even before or after girls' night out)...

I don't think this is one of those moments.  Whatever the situation, Jill has been shown to be at the TTH with the boys but without Derick.  It doesn't appear that Derick is asserting his right as headship* and keeping his wife and boys away from her family.  It appears that he is choosing to stay away or Jill is purposely going over there whenever Derick is busy with school.  Which is a healthy way to deal with in-laws that you do not particularly care for.  Derick probably does not have a problem with Michelle stopping by on Jill's birthday for a few minutes to see the boys and take a few pictures.

*I gagged while writing this sentence.

• Love 6

IMO, it would've been nicer to have a girl's day out without a dozen rugrats in tow, but I guess it's not how these people roll. 

I enlarged the photo on my phone, and man, Jessa looks like hell. I wonder if she's having a rough pregnancy or just given up on her appearance in general. 

It pains me to admit Michelle is really pretty. Bright blue is a nice color on her.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I can't see them then just sitting back happily letting JB collect all of their Counting On money.  (do we even have proof he does?) 

No, we don't have any proof. But, I can't see him being fair about distributing it. When they were all minors I bet the kids didn't get a cent. I was hoping the girls made their own money starting with Counting On, but I doubt it. JBoob is just that greedy.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

Holy Moly she really did get her dripping sundae! I thought that was sarcasm. She's not sitting with her buddies the youngest girls. (Only one of them was really her buddy, but before she married, she seemed to have a bond with Jennifer, Jordyn and Josie.) She's not sitting with most of her age sisters. She seems to be mostly sitting with Lauren's younger sisters or whoever those miscellanous people are down by Kendra.  If I were her I rather sit where say Jessa is sitting, but hopefully Jill was happy with the seating arrangement. Who's sitting to the right of Jessa? (On one side of Jessa is clearly Lauren and Laura, but who's on the other side.)

Edited by Temperance

Deredick needs to put his legs together in the first picture. I do not want to see his junk if you catch my meaning.

2 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

She's holding him like he's trying to escape.

He probably wants to escape, and I do not blame him at all. #freeSammy

4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Derelict's birthday post.

Who has time to say all of that, and way TMI. I never want to hear someone call their significant other smoochie.  Save that for the bedroom.  Choose one like Sweetie or Darling or Baby Doll and leave it at that.  It's not an effen competition.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

I have a FB friend that WAY overshares. It reminds me of these two. 90% of the stuff both sets of them post should not be made public. Unless they both really have to prove to the public how much they love each other... 🙄

• Love 8
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

I see littlest only got drinks no food.

Nobody has food yet in that picture. It looks like there's some complimentary bread on the "adult" table (and there could very well be on the kids' table, too, since we can only see one end of it), but nothing else.

• Love 3
(edited)

@sondraK I'm replying to here since this is Jill's thread. Sondra made a comment she's surprised Jill isn't pregnant since Jessa is.  Jill's son Sam is 5 months younger than Henry. 

As for Jill currently being pregnant, there have been some rumors of her being pregnant ever since her SIL Anna posted a picture of Joy, Jill and Anna herself all pregnant at the same time. The picture would have been right before Jill had Sam and right after Joy married Austin. Currently Anna and Joy are pregnant and Anna was teasing other announcements. There have been other signs she might be pregnant such as eating lemons and salt something she did while she pregnant with Israel. (I didn't remember this, but other people did. After googling it, I was able to confirm this as true.)  There are some other hints I'm probably forgetting. 

Anyway Jill could be pregnant or not and we'll know when they announce. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Temperance said:

...  If I were her I rather sit where say Jessa is sitting, but hopefully Jill was happy with the seating arrangement. Who's sitting to the right of Jessa? (On one side of Jessa is clearly Lauren and Laura, but who's on the other side.)

I think the person next to Jessa is Anna. Things at home must be rough with Josh as she looks aged big time. This pregnancy isn’t agreeing with her. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MsJamieDornan said:

But she doesn't get paid to announce it as the others do.

I don't think Josh and Anna got paid either or they shouldn't. As long as she and her husband stay in the public eye with their blog and social media use, there will be some announcement similar to what Josh and Anna did. 

• Love 1