Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
6 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Exactly. And, he and Jill have asked for donations to fund their lifestyle twice, once to fund their time in Danger America, and the other to offset whatever “program” he did at that church last year. All while they had money for a down payment on a house. When did it become acceptable to ask people for their money to do something just because you wanted to spend your money on something else? Just because you are “godly” doesn’t mean it’s not tacky and selfish.

(PS - if you are interested in sending me to Paris for a month just because I’ve always wanted to go, send a check to Marge Gunderson, Fargo, SD. In return I will send you a postcard of the Eiffel Tower. Maybe. Probably not. It’s so rude of you to expect me to bring you something back from my vacation. The nerve of some people.)

You should read the book One Summer in Paris by Sarah Morgan. I just finish reading it last night. I doubt Jill would find it proper reading material because of the two main female heathen characters.

Edited by bigskygirl
(edited)

A few things have crossed my mind. Do we think they borrowed the money from a trust or account that JBoob has the TV money stashed away in ? No real bank would borrow them money without an obvious income to be able to make payments, so.....

And, in reality, some of that money that JBoob stole (i mean stashed away) is actually Jill's.

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

So either they're:

a) being supported by Mommy and Daddy

b) frauds who misused ministry donations or:

c) lying liars who lie and TLC paid them all along

Regardless of which option is the truth, Derick doesn't come out looking too good.

Or some combination of the three. I do think they are frauds and lying liars.

• Love 12
21 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

"Da best?" What is she thinking?

Clearly she was thinking, "Thank-you so much Derick for this thoughtful and heartfelt post. It brought tears to my eyes."

Right?😉

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Clearly she was thinking, "Thank-you so much Derick for this thoughtful and heartfelt post. It brought tears to my eyes."

Right?😉

Actually, I suspect she was all “tl;dr” after the third sentence.

• LOL 13

Hey, Dillwad and Barnacle, I want my 70's Corelle Wear back!  You're not worthy.

Really, I'm amazed to see them not using styrofoam.  Jill looks nice with no wrinkly expressions.  Dillwhack looks like hell, as usual.

I agree.  No animal acquisitions for them, please.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Hey, Dillwad and Barnacle, I want my 70's Corelle Wear back!  You're not worthy.

Really, I'm amazed to see them not using styrofoam.  

I'm pretty sure those dishes and that table are at their "friend's farm" - cuz that photo is right in the middle of all of the photos from the farm visit

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

I'm pretty sure those dishes and that table are at their "friend's farm" - cuz that photo is right in the middle of all of the photos from the farm visit

They would suffer the indignity of real flatware if it meant getting a free meal.

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Really, I'm amazed to see them not using styrofoam.  Jill looks nice with no wrinkly expressions.  Dillwhack looks like hell, as usual.

I agree.  No animal acquisitions for them, please.

Dreck looks gaunt in these pics. And creepy.

25 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

My first thought.

Yeah, mine, too. No pets for them!

• Love 4
On 5/14/2019 at 9:36 AM, JoanArc said:

He's worked since he was 5 years old! He's pushing 30 now. He ought to have the $200k lying around. Why don't you believe his totally plausible story!

I feel pretty sure that what Derick is thinking of, is that "kids in school can't work"; then it all makes sense!  I mean, he's never worked when he's been in school, that we've been able to tell.  He's probably used to being criticized by Cathy and others for not getting an after-school job in high school and younger, and spent years saying "I'm in class so much it's LIKE a job, Mom.  Gimme a break!"

My imagination of Jill as legal paper editor:

Derick:  (reads paragraph) Does that sound good, honey?

Jill:  (thinking of gummy bears) Totally, babe!

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, queenanne said:

My imagination of Jill as legal paper editor:

Derick:  (reads paragraph) Does that sound good, honey?

Jill:  (thinking of gummy bears) Totally, babe!

I imagine Jill removing or misplacing commas, or other punctuation, thereby changing the meaning of the legal document.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/09/us/dairy-drivers-oxford-comma-case-settlement-trnd/index.html

Edited by Triple P
A word
  • Love 12
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

There is no way in blue hell Jill is editing Derrick’s work. None.

Although I could see him handing her three pages of anything to “read” just to pry her off his shoulder for an hour.

Maybe that explains why he's not on the dean's list. 

Edited by Picture It. Sicily
No typos are allowed if you're going to mock a person's intelligence
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
On 5/14/2019 at 3:46 PM, MsJamieDornan said:

A few things have crossed my mind. Do we think they borrowed the money from a trust or account that JBoob has the TV money stashed away in ? No real bank would borrow them money without an obvious income to be able to make payments, so.....

And, in reality, some of that money that JBoob stole (i mean stashed away) is actually Jill's.

I 100% believe that JB, nowhere -- in no tiny corner of his mind, in no tiny recess of his heart, nowhere -- does he believe that ANY of the TLC money, or the money from the books, or the money from the speaking engagements, etc. belonged to ANYONE other than JB enterprises.

I think that JB subscribes to "biblical economics" because it gives him control over ALL the money and makes ALL of his adult children dependent on his good graces.

Wherever the Dullards got the money for the house, I 100% do not believe that it came from JB.

• Love 19
4 hours ago, Totally said:

I use that exact Corelle setting at home, my new cat jumped on the bench and knocked a plate onto the floor and smashed it, I was devastated 

You can probably find a replacement on Ebay.  

Just now, MsJamieDornan said:

Remember, I said a loan, that has to be paid back. With interest.

Fair enough, but JB doesn't believe in loans -- everything must be paid for in cash. If they asked for a loan, I think they wouldn't get anything more than a lecture.

YMMV

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I think that JB subscribes to "biblical economics" because it gives him control over ALL the money and makes ALL of his adult children dependent on his good graces.

Wherever the Dullards got the money for the house, I 100% do not believe that it came from JB.

Agreed! I've met some fundies with some very irrational ideas about money and work.

One I had the displeasure of interacted with argued that heads of families should run their own businesses--to save their children from the world and to keep them employed but controlled, essentially.

He then went on to argue that if one of the SONS wanted to move out on his own upon marriage, the best way he could do this debt free was to work for supplemental money at someplace like a sandwich shop. Because if he saved every cent he made during that time (10 YEARS!), he would have enough to pay in cash rather than get an evil mortgage. 

There's obviously a lot of lunacy to unpack there, but I don't think his views (though extreme) are necessarily off the mark in their general gist from what folks like Jim Bob believe.

Jim Bob is all about keeping everyone under his thumb, and I think any deviations are just as bonkers and impractical as what this fellow was suggesting. 

• Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Agreed! I've met some fundies with some very irrational ideas about money and work.

One I had the displeasure of interacted with argued that heads of families should run their own businesses--to save their children from the world and to keep them employed but controlled, essentially.

He then went on to argue that if one of the SONS wanted to move out on his own upon marriage, the best way he could do this debt free was to work for supplemental money at someplace like a sandwich shop. Because if he saved every cent he made during that time (10 YEARS!), he would have enough to pay in cash rather than get an evil mortgage. 

There's obviously a lot of lunacy to unpack there, but I don't think his views (though extreme) are necessarily off the mark in their general gist from what folks like Jim Bob believe.

Jim Bob is all about keeping everyone under his thumb, and I think any deviations are just as bonkers and impractical as what this fellow was suggesting. 

The "heads of families" should run their own businesses is one of  Gothard's ideas.  And the mortgage idea is part of Steve Maxwell's philosophy (although most of his sons married in their twenties). This person you met is exactly the kind of person the Duggars would know. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Temperance said:

The "heads of families" should run their own businesses is one of  Gothard's ideas.  And the mortgage idea is part of Steve Maxwell's philosophy (although most of his sons married in their twenties). This person you met is exactly the kind of person the Duggars would know. 

Interesting! I figured there was some overlap but had no idea it was so lock and step with them. 

• Love 1
On 5/12/2019 at 12:14 PM, Scarlett45 said:

That said I don’t trust Jill to teach Izzy in the slightest. Because she’s Jill.

She taught him to read before he turned 4.

I think that as long as she only has Israel and Sam she'll be fine for the primary years, preKindergarten - 2nd grade. Except for social skills, which neither she nor Derick excel in. Although, he has enough homeschooled cousins around his age to get some socialization.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Fair enough, but JB doesn't believe in loans -- everything must be paid for in cash. If they asked for a loan, I think they wouldn't get anything more than a lecture.

I actually agree with everything you have posted. But, I just can't figure out what money they are living on and buying a house.

A lot of ideas have been thrown around here, but I don't think any are close to what's really going on.

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 9

Does Sammy have giant feet or do they put him in shoes that are too big? Or ... maybe they're onto him and they put him in clodhoppers to slow him down during his escape attempts.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Dreck looks gaunt in these pics. And creepy.

Yeah, mine, too. No pets for them!

Classes are over, so he either is having to spend time with Jill, or he didn’t do so well ....

• Love 2

I was curious and took a gander at Derick's Twitter feed for the last few days.  He has remained quiet about matters in states like Georgia, Ohio and Alabama.  I wonder if he is clerking somewhere over the summer and has to keep mum on these issues.  I would think that he would be praising Kay Ivey, Mike DeWine, etc for signing these laws into effect.  He has been vocal about these issues before, so I wonder if he is working for a firm where they discourage employees for going off on Twitter.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Does Sammy have giant feet or do they put him in shoes that are too big? Or ... maybe they're onto him and they put him in clodhoppers to slow him down during his escape attempts.

I noticed that also. Hasn't he been wearing the same shoes for several months? I'm sure they were purchased at some thrift store in a big size cuz it was a great deal !! And of course, he will grow into them ! Poor kid.

• Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I was curious and took a gander at Derick's Twitter feed for the last few days.  He has remained quiet about matters in states like Georgia, Ohio and Alabama.  I wonder if he is clerking somewhere over the summer and has to keep mum on these issues.  I would think that he would be praising Kay Ivey, Mike DeWine, etc for signing these laws into effect.  He has been vocal about these issues before, so I wonder if he is working for a firm where they discourage employees for going off on Twitter.

As I noted above, if he was actually clerking somewhere, he wouldn't have had time to gallivant around a farm on a weekday.

I'm surprised that he hasn't weighed in on the abortion decisions.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Derick changed the info on his Twitter. He also used to have a link to Jill’s Twitter in it, now he doesn’t.

CF7A3446-0886-4F33-A365-E54AC8325D4F.jpeg

Oh Derrick (said while shaking head), do you really think you're hiding your dickheadness from the world and potential employers?

Dude, the internet is F-O-R-E-V-E-R. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

Rereading Derick's post about moms and I concur that there does appear to be some distance between Derick and JB/Michelle. I'm curious as to how far this new home is from the TTH - was the move to create even more distance between the Dillards and the Duggars?

• Love 1
(edited)
38 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

As I noted above, if he was actually clerking somewhere, he wouldn't have had time to gallivant around a farm on a weekday.

At work today, I noticed on the attorneys' calendars today that there is a meet and greet for the new clerks on Monday, so possibly Derrick hasn't started yet.  

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Useful 2
On 5/15/2019 at 5:53 PM, Totally said:

I use that exact Corelle setting at home, my new cat jumped on the bench and knocked a plate onto the floor and smashed it, I was devastated 

Try eBay or Replacements, Ltd.  

• Love 1