Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Now I must go flog myself.  I loved the smell of Play-Doh.  Agreement with a Duggar (or any fundie) is not something I can take pride in.

Of course, in the days of ditto machines, I remember sniffing those fresh copies and liking that smell, too.  It was a 60's thing.

I'll come with you & bring my bag of Mother's Day Gummies  (like Jill's.) Like I've posted before, I also share a birthday with Giddyup & my husband shares his with Smuggs so I have a couple of Duggar connections.   

I have to chuckle, we were discussing the smell of dittos this morning at our Mother's day breakfast with my MIL who was an elementary school teacher. BTW she has said in past that kids who had later birthdays for the most part catch up with their earlier born peers by the 4th grade both emotionally& academically.

• Love 2

Can someone copy/paste Derelict's latest blog post here? I refuse to directly link it.

In it, he defends the Duggars' lack of secondary education (NONE of them wanted it, really?), and still claims Jill is a CPM. 

Delusion, thy name is Derelict.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Portrait of a Godly Mother

May 12, 2019 | Family Blog | 2 

My two favorite women are my wife and mother, and neither of them get as much praise as they deserve. Speaking of industrious women, the last verse of the book of Proverbs in the Bible says to “give her of the fruit of her hands, and let her works praise her in the gates.”  My mother is largely the reason I am blessed to be married to the most wonderful woman in the world, my wife Jill.  Growing up, my mother was the example of what I looked for in a wife and the mother of my children.

Different people have their ideas about what a mom should look like.  Some walk the walk and talk the talk, but are the farthest from what a Christian mother is called to be.  A godly mother is not recognized by donning skirts, having long hair, or tattoo-free skin. It’s not a matter of whether she has a career outside the home or not, but instead, a God-fearing mother is recognized by her character and wise management of what God entrusts her with.  Some receive the praise of man, but many are the unsung heroes who quietly provide the backbone of our families and the fabric of society.  My wife and mother are examples of these moms.  

From as early as I can remember, my mom woke long before the light of day to make sure we had clean clothes and full bellies before school.  She loved and supported my dad.  As a young woman, when both her adopted parents had died, she wisely invested her time and money in graduate school.  She often worked long hours, wisely putting her skills to work as she made a living – not just for her own household, but also to have something to give to others. Regardless of a long workweek, she had supper on the table and helped with homework late into the night. Before I could drive, she would drive me into town before swim practice started at 6AM.  And there is scarcely anyone as positive and optimistic in a room as my mom.  Despite the cancer that doctors thought was a death sentence, she remained joyful and trusted in God’s sovereign will.  These are all character attributes that I saw in Jill that attracted me to her (besides how gorgeous she is   Likewise, if the Lord blesses us with daughters, these are the qualities I hope and pray they would receive from their grandmother and mother.  

Oftentimes, we have no idea the extent of our influence, and this is especially true of a godly legacy. Some people refer this as “the butterfly effect” but in reality, it’s the providence of God.  But for the influence of my mom, I doubt I would have realized the value of Jill’s godly character, which led me to marry her.  My wife is the most amazing woman I have ever met, and she deserves praise for all she does as a wife and mother.  Jill is one of the most gifted people I know, and she could literally do whatever she wants, but she chooses to undertake some of the most difficult jobs out there.  I say “some” because there’s really no single job title for what she does, which includes, but isn’t limited to domiciliary logistical engineer, in-home care provider, multi-level educator, contemporaneous researcher in multiple fields, chef, consumer finance expert, clothing technician, legal writing editor, and primary emergency response.  Jill does all this and more as she’s on call 24/7.  Every day is a new high-stakes, winner-take-all environment as the tiny humans are always testing her to see if she can adjust to new ways they’ve developed to try to kill themselves (they still don’t realize that people aren’t the same as phones when they die).  Don’t mistake her smile and joyfulness for ease; that’s just who she is J She is selfless and always looks for a way to encourage those around her.  But most of all she’s my best friend and lover.                           

Knowing my wife, I recalled something I heard my mom say years ago, which holds a new meaning for me today.  Working for a large company, my mom was in charge of logistics for multiple countries, and she once commented that her corporate responsibilities often paled in comparison to family logistical challenges.  I don’t know how she managed it, but my mom seemed to do it all.  As a teenager, I soon realized that she wasn’t doing it all on her own, but that she was relying on supernatural power through her relationship with her heavenly Father.  On occasion, when I was up before 5AM, I would see my mom studying her Bible and spending time talking to God as she prepared for the day.  The Bible says that God is a father to the fatherless and defender of the widow – that he protects those whose hope is in Him. My mom has been both an orphan and a widow, and I have seen her reliance on God.  Proverbs begins with a mother’s instruction to her son, and likewise, my mother has taught me much about life through words and actions.  Just when life seems impossible, my Lord Jesus is, and continues to be, my salvation too.   That is the most important truth my mother taught me, and it’s true for anyone who would realize God’s gift of eternal 

Copied exactly as posted.......

@Sew Sumi

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

the tiny humans are always testing her to see if she can adjust to new ways they’ve developed to try to kill themselves (they still don’t realize that people aren’t the same as phones when they die).

You effing weirdo. Just put some appropriate chairs around the damn kitchen table and keep the kids from running at each other's eyes with forks in their hands.

After reading his writing and internet comments, I certainly wouldn't hire him as my lawyer. There's such a thing as leading a private life, Derlick. More mystery, less (internet) history.

• Love 20
13 hours ago, sleepysuzy said:

America starts formal education early by global standards. I think it is far too early to worry about this generation's education, except Anna's kids. If they get plenty of time to play and someone reads to them daily,  at this stage they are okay.

That's very true. In my country children learn the ABC, reading, plus and minus etc. in 1st grade in primary school. Here a kindergarten has a curriculum developed by the state government but it has more to do with kids developing personal and action competence (?), learning how to learn and how to deal with changes and difficulties. They are doing lots of arts and crafts, learn about their environment (e.g. forest days or weeks, tending to a garden), do science and literacy projects and so on. I liked this article about the difference between American and German Kindergarten parentmap.com

• Love 8

Liked ditto machine smells , play doh smell still makes me ill and these 2 would not know how to exist without putting it on social media   If he manages to become a lawyer, he won’t be able to tell what cases he’s on and certainly can’t tell town cryer Jilly

• Love 1
On 5/13/2019 at 12:21 AM, beckie said:

He did list work as one of the ways they get by. Did anyone ask what his (or their) job is? 

Maintaining a sham marriage? (Shh, she don’t know) 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Now I must go flog myself.  I loved the smell of Play-Doh.  Agreement with a Duggar (or any fundie) is not something I can take pride in.

Of course, in the days of ditto machines, I remember sniffing those fresh copies and liking that smell, too.  It was a 60's thing.

Oh the smell was wonderful! The teacher would pass out the sheets and we would all be smelling them. 

• Love 11
21 hours ago, ginger90 said:

0C8D0445-9715-4D23-93FA-D466B5B47758.jpeg

To match her gummy smile... Derecks post made me gag/barf like 5 times. Jill is not a chef! Or any of the other things. Guess she can still have kids so wait for a baby announcement soon.

• Love 6

@ginger90 posted the entire post from the Dillard blog.

The good: He sounds genuinely nice and caring towards his wife. He has posted things that seemed passive aggressive, etc.  This is one of the nicest things he's ever said about Jill. He also doesn't shame mothers with tattoos (is Jill going to get one) and dings the Duggars dress code. He has nice things to say about his own mother.

The Bad: That point @JoanArc made about the tiny humans. I think Israel and Samuel need more time exercising.  Not crediting his mother's doctors with her survival. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Ahhh, warm ditto ink!  I wouldn’t say I like the smell of play-doh, but it makes me nostalgic. Not thay any Duggar would know the word.

• Love 1

Derelict is a terrible writer, he needs to edit himself. Not a good sign for a law student. He seems to be dinging some of the Duggar “signs of a good mother “ especially the ones Jill doesn’t follow anymore like wearing skirts. So good for him for that. Also no mention of MOTY like in Jeremy’s Mother’s Day post. Sounds like Derelict is over the Duggars. Could be why they moved and we don’t see any evidence of him interacting with any of them. He is hideous in many of his beliefs and delusional about many things, but if he is keeping distance between the Dullards and Boob & Meechelle, that at least is a plus.

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Derelict is a terrible writer, he needs to edit himself. Not a good sign for a law student. He seems to be dinging some of the Duggar “signs of a good mother “ especially the ones Jill doesn’t follow anymore like wearing skirts. So good for him for that. Also no mention of MOTY like in Jeremy’s Mother’s Day post. Sounds like Derelict is over the Duggars. Could be why they moved and we don’t see any evidence of him interacting with any of them. He is hideous in many of his beliefs and delusional about many things, but if he is keeping distance between the Dullards and Boob & Meechelle, that at least is a plus.

I wholeheartedly agree with your last point.  Derick is abhorrent in so many ways, but I cannot fault him for distancing his family from his in-laws.   JB and Mechelle failed Jill and her sisters when they needed them the most.  Jill may be in denial about this, but at least her husband is trying.  Also, why would any of the sons-in-law want to be in the same room as Josh.

• Love 17
45 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I wholeheartedly agree with your last point.  Derick is abhorrent in so many ways, but I cannot fault him for distancing his family from his in-laws.   JB and Mechelle failed Jill and her sisters when they needed them the most.  Jill may be in denial about this, but at least her husband is trying.  Also, why would any of the sons-in-law want to be in the same room as Josh.

I would not be surprise if it is the other way around. I think JB and Michelle are the ones saying keep away from Deredick because of his rantings and complaining about not getting paid by TLC.

22 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I remember that smell!  My high school still used them up until I graduated in the early 80's.  Although we always called them "the copy machines." 

I actually worked in ours for a semester during my senior year.  It was an easy A class, but hard to get into.  The copy equipment was just off the library, so you had to make friends with the librarians because they would be the ones monitoring you.  No problem for me, I loved the library and spent a lot of time there.  Then you had to have good grades, and get a recommendation from your counselor stating that you were trustworthy and could be counted on to not sneak copies of tests out.  I was an easy-in for those reasons, and because I'd already spent two semesters working as a TA for my history teacher and typed up all of his handouts and tests onto carbon paper to be made into master copies for the print department.  (I remember one time I typed up a test and didn't catch a mispelling that turned the word 'part' into 'fart' and the test was held up for a few minutes so I could cover the offending letter with the proper one.)

Anyway, we'd take the master copy and wrap it around a drum, coat it with the dark purple ink and start making copies.  The smell was divine.  We were always warned that the fumes were toxic and to limit our exposure the the fluids as much as possble.  "The better it smells, the more brain cells it kills"  But for the life of me, I can't remember how we applied the ink to the drum or how we turned the carbon copies into master copies.  I guess maybe I killed off those brain cells with a particularly deep breath, or two?

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
On 5/12/2019 at 12:01 AM, Zella said:

Back when I was in school--which was admittedly awhile ago--4 was pre-K, and 5 was kindergarten. I actually got into preschool at 3 and then was there for 2 years for reasons that have never been explained to me. LOL

yeah, that happened to me. But, we lived on a small base overseas and they needed bodies. They wouldn't promote me even though I did the work.  My birthday was in Nov.,  so I was still the youngest of my class at graduation. 

I wonder if the cousins would ever be home schooled together in one class? They would really show who is teaching.

• Love 1

I already posted the article from their blog. Here’s Derick’s post directing to it.

Jill’s comment on it:

jillmdillard @derickdillard you da best! 💞😍

Anna’s comment:

annaduggar Jill is such an awesome momma - just like Michelle! Between Cathy, Michelle & Jill you are surrounded by some amazing women! 🙌🏼💕

43099AA3-36CF-49F7-83D4-9FE9881F5BD5.jpeg

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I already posted the article from their blog. Here’s Derick’s post directing to it.

Jill’s comment on it:

Anna’s comment:

annaduggar Jill is such an awesome momma - just like Michelle! Between Cathy, Michelle & Jill you are surrounded by some amazing women! 🙌🏼💕

guess Anna caught on to the Mechelle slam too. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jill’s comment on it:

Anna’s comment:

Oh my, his teeth really look wonky & out of kilter in this picture.  Sometimes I can't see his teeth alignment problems like most of you notice but it really jumped out at me in this picture. 

It will be interesting to see how Derick spends his summer break. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Oh the smell was wonderful! The teacher would pass out the sheets and we would all be smelling them. 

Yes! There was nothing better than a warm ditto.  My sister is a first grade teacher.  We talk about how kids today don't know the joy of huffing a warm ditto.  Or clapping erasers.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
On 5/12/2019 at 9:02 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I’m born in October. So I was always one of the youngest in my class, but I did have classmates that were a year (or almost) older than me.  My Mom thought the law that you had to be 5 by September 1 was ridiculous, but I wasn’t going to attend public school either way, and the private school she planned for me to attend didn’t care when my birthday fell. 

Yes Izzy is an April baby, so he will likely be 5 when he starts kindergarten (if he starts), or he might not start school until 6. Some kids just go straight to first grade and are fine. I’m more concerned with how Jill views schooling compared to if the boy starts school between 4-6 years old. Kids are different, and this big push for preschool right out of uteruo is motivated by childcare concerns not by the fear kids will be academically stunted forever if they don’t go to preschool. Again, not saying there’s anything wrong with pre-school if that’s what parents want to do. 

As an October baby, I'm kind of jealous of you! My parents chose to have me wait until I was five, turning six, so I was a year older than many of my peers. This was awkward for two reasons: one, I was already tall, and two, I was always mature for my age. This was particularly troublesome in late elementary school and middle school, when my classmates were SO annoying and mean! I'd come home crying so many days, and my mom would remind me, "remember, you're a year older than some of them! They are just immature compared to you." But then I wonder if I STILL would have been more mature than most people a grade ahead, given that I liked adults at that point better than kids. It seemed to even out more or less by high school, but I always wondered how it would have gone if I'd started school a year early. I was pretty naive, so that could have worked against me with older kids. I also never struggled with academics, though that could have been the case a year earlier, too. 

In any event, being a mature "old soul" kid, in a class where people are a year younger than you, is not fun!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Zahdii said:

But for the life of me, I can't remember how we applied the ink to the drum or how we turned the carbon copies into master copies.  I guess maybe I killed off those brain cells with a particularly deep breath, or two?

You poured the printing solution into the drum on the machine and the solution would keep a felt-type wick wet.  The fluid came in a gallon-sized metal can. The fluid was clear, but it turned purple if it touched your skin.  I usually had a purple finger or two (or three) when I made copies.  The first machine I used had a crank that you turned to make each copy after you attached the master to the drum. Then our school bought one that  had a counter that you could actually set for the number of copies you wanted when you held down the lever.  And then the paper would jam and you would have to figure out how to get the stuck piece out.  Copies never seemed to run smoothly, and it was sometimes PANICK right before class and the machines were down.  I didn't mind the smell, but I don't miss purple smudges on my hands and clothes.

I actually had to take--and pass--a class in college where you had to prove you could run the ditto machine and the slide projector, and load film in the movie projector (the one without automatic feed).  Oh, and the filmstrip projector.  (I loved using filmstrips when I taught).  Fun times!

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I actually had to take--and pass--a class in college where you had to prove you could run the ditto machine and the slide projector, and load film in the movie projector (the one without automatic feed).  Oh, and the filmstrip projector.  (I loved using filmstrips when I taught).  Fun times!

I actually TAUGHT that class to new teachers at my school district when I worked at the district multimedia office! Memories!

• Love 4
12 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

"Da best?" What is she thinking?

Well, the first thing that I thought of was Da Bears and Da Bulls, but I'm from Chicago. 

Here's an interesting urban dictionary take on "ur da best," although I doubt that was what Jill was thinking when she used that phrase.

Ur da best

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

He's worked since he was 5 years old! He's pushing 30 now. He ought to have the $200k lying around. Why don't you believe his totally plausible story!

Maybe he considers being a obnoxious, know it all, racist, whining, shoving down his beliefs on everybody while thinking TLC and JB owes him something narcissist is a full time job for him.

On 5/8/2019 at 6:32 AM, BigBingerBro said:

To me, they were only slightly off.  Now they are VERY off.

Before-and-After-Derick-Dillards-Weight-

Man that second pic is jarring!  Dillhole looks like he was a castaway missing for years on a deserted island and Jill looks old beyond her years.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 10
(edited)

Well, there’s no way he’s going to say, “it’s the money my wife earned.” He would have to turn in his Fundie Headship Testicles.

I wonder if he isn’t still training for marathons, which they’ve always been oddly quiet about. Although where he’d have the time I don’t know if his law school program is real.

But it would account for his gaunt appearance, maybe. I don’t like him and think he’s a liar and a creep, but the boy looks really ill.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I think that one of us needs to create a dummy twitter account and try to phrase these questions in a way that he miiight answer them.  It would go something like--

Hi Derick, I'm such a fan of you and Jill.  You are such great Christians and I look to you as role models.  I want to be a stay-at-home mom, but I don't know how I can manage it while my husband is in school.  I see you and Jill posts and I want to be like you.  Can you please share your secrets?  

I am afraid God would hit me with lightning if I attempt to send that to Deredick. Oh well! I can always say the devil made me do it.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

His answer will be a bunch of weasel words that boil down to “pray harder because God obviously likes us much better than He likes you, duh.”

Only in his pathetic weasel mind would he think that. I would not be surprise if he actually thinks that way.

Edited by bigskygirl