Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

And 'ol crazy eyes is back.

Seriously, did she really look at this photo and say 'I look great. I absolutely must post this'? 

For someone who is posing for pictures and posting them intentionally, she is remarkably  blind to what things look like.  The one in ten (I'm being generous) pictures in which she looks decent are pure accident.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Madtown said:

I would've gotten spanked too. I can only wonder what happened to poor Izzy when he did this, especially from Derick. If he did this after they wrote bible versus all over the framing of the new house, Jill and Derick are only to blame.

When the last child I watched was 3, she decided to Chap-Stick our couch. Thank goodness for Dawn detergent, eventually took it off after a lot of scrubbing.

My couch crime was black shoe polish when I was 3 or 4. Sorry mom!

5 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I kinda like this dress.  They really have zero chemistry.  

Derick looks like a convict. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Mine was red nail polish on a white sofa.

I hope Jill takes care of her new home.

Mine was acetone nail polish remover down the front of our bedroom dresser.  FYI...acetone, stained wood and brass do not mix well together.  

I could see something like that happening at the Dillards since they let the kids juggle knives and do stunts on rolling chairs.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

This reminds me of me and my brother as a kid we had a white Persian and we were bored one day so we decided to dye the Persian purple with grape Kool-Aid until the day the Persian Went Over the Rainbow Bridge he had a purple tint.

It makes me so happy that my child is not the only one who tries to Queer Eye her pets. She also once tried to put my lipstick on the dog, but she couldn’t because the dog ate the lipstick before it could be applied. 

• LOL 18

Kid number 2 was a wall writer.  Now, he is 25 and an artist who is known to fasten 4x6 canvases to the wall and paint large pictures.  As a little, he had to help clean his art off of the wall.  Magic Erasers hadn't yet been on the market, so it was more of a project.  

I think Izzy is capable of using a magic eraser to help clean up the wall.  That's what Jill has in her hand.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

It makes me so happy that my child is not the only one who tries to Queer Eye her pets. She also once tried to put my lipstick on the dog, but she couldn’t because the dog ate the lipstick before it could be applied. 

Are we related? My oldest tried that to our dogs we he was about 5.

• LOL 1
On 4/21/2019 at 6:33 PM, galaxychaser said:

Sammy for once isn’t making a escape face! Jill looks nice too. 

What kind of closed mouth passion less kiss is that? It’s like they don’t even like each other kiss. 

I have to admit, I'm glad that Jill and Derick have never treated us to an enthusiastic kiss between the two of them.  Small dry pecks suit me well when considering the alternative, lol.

ETA:  If you can afford to buy a house you can afford real cheese, Jill.  Quit it with the Velveeta, which has literally no redeeming nutritional qualities.

Edited by queenanne
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, queenanne said:

ETA:  If you can afford to buy a house you can afford real cheese, Jill.  Quit it with the Velveeta, which has literally no redeeming nutritional qualities.

No, but it melts wonderfully and makes amazing queso dip and mac and cheese. 

Instead of writing on the walls, my kids got into the baby powder and flung it all over the basement.  Ugh.. What a cleanup. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Instead of writing on the walls, my kids got into the baby powder and flung it all over the basement.  Ugh.. What a cleanup. 

My best friend's nephew took chocolate milk powder and emptied it all over his younger brother and his crib. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

My best friend's daughter was nearly 3.  I was visiting so I could go with them for the first day of nursery school.  We were on our way out the front door, with C in a brand new cute pants and shirt.  She had a new bookbag, and pretty hair bows.  

My friend looked to see that C's sneakers were tied.  She looked at the bottom of the pants and saw an assortment of random ball point pen marks.  C told her mom that she wrote her name on her pants so everyone in nursery school would know who she was.  There was no time to change before school started☺. The pants were washed when C got home.

C is now in her mid forties, very succesful in a blue collar field, and has a child who will enter college in the fall.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

The other day, I talked about how one of the citrus and lemon dresses from their website looked like a housedress that my grandmother would have worn taken from one of her catalogs.  May I present one of the ugliest dresses to grace their website....

image.thumb.png.dba425a28d1531af30b5f128c61f0342.png

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The other day, I talked about how one of the citrus and lemon dresses from their website looked like a housedress that my grandmother would have worn taken from one of her catalogs.  May I present one of the ugliest dresses to grace their website....

The orthopedic sandals aren’t doing her any favors either. Everything from this website looks like house clothes. If Derick does actually make it as a lawyer Jill is going to need to smarten up her style a bit. She can’t show up at firm events in a Citrus and Lemon jumpsuit and three feet of unbrushed hair without embarrassing Derick. 

Going from the second picture Jill’s new neighborhood looks extremely depressing. One of those new builds where they’ve clear cut all the mature trees, the houses are five feet apart and your backyard is the size of a postage stamp. Hopefully there will at least be other kids for Izzy and Sam to play with. 

Edited by mynextmistake
  • Love 8

I am odd but I like it. However I would wear it as a house dress,wear just in the house after I get off work before I go to bed. I have a few of them that way I can be comfortable and have my windows open without feeling odd about being in my p.j.s for the world to see.

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I don't use instagram, is putting hashtags directly on the image a thing that people do all the time or is it a "jill" thing?  It looks so old school to me.

So, that’s a story, meaning it’ll dissapear in 24 hours. Instagram provides all these different sticker options to add to a story post, mentions and hashtags included. A lot of people use them, and more importantly, Jill has to mention if its a partner, so she has to use both of them. So the answer, which was long and winding, is yes! I use them occasionally (it also took me a solid 2 years to learn about them)

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

Hopefully there will at least be other kids for Izzy and Sam to play with. 

That would be really nice, but I can't see it happening. Of all the Duggar kids, Jill seems to me to be the one who's trying hardest to raise her kids exactly the same way she was raised. One of the pillars of Gothard child-rearing is the belief that children don't need friends. Friends encourage individuality and open the door to ungodly influences. Parents and siblings are the only "friends" a child needs. Izzy and Sam will never be allowed to come into contact with any other children unless the children and their parents have been approved by Derrick, which means that they have to be 100% on board with his insanely rigid religious views.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I would wear that in my place and to bed. Outside no.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, mynextmistake said:

Hopefully there will at least be other kids for Izzy and Sam to play with. 

1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

That would be really nice, but I can't see it happening. Of all the Duggar kids, Jill seems to me to be the one who's trying hardest to raise her kids exactly the same way she was raised. One of the pillars of Gothard child-rearing is the belief that children don't need friends. Friends encourage individuality and open the door to ungodly influences. Parents and siblings are the only "friends" a child needs. Izzy and Sam will never be allowed to come into contact with any other children unless the children and their parents have been approved by Derrick, which means that they have to be 100% on board with his insanely rigid religious views.

So, are cousins considered more like siblings (good) than friends (bad) in this stupid set of rules?

I've seen SM posts where Anna's kids and their younger aunts/uncles (the younger Duggar kids) appeared to be involved in the same activities. I suppose that Jill and Jessa and Joy and whoever can dump their kids at the TTH to hang out with their cousins/aunts/uncles without offending Jesus. 

But, who knows what twisted logic goes on in their heads?

Edited by Jeeves
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Um, I don't think that dress is awful.  But, I had one in a pattern about 20 years ago.  

Me too! Or perhaps 25 years ago and longer and without the pockets. There was a trend around '93 where for some reason every teenage girl around here wore those long cotton dresses in that very same model Jill is wearing. Looking at old pictures they did look kinda cute but not terribly flattering though they were very soft and comfortable.

Edited by Vaysh
  • Love 4

How close or far are Jill and Jessa from each other? You'd think being sisters with boys close in age they'd be hanging with each other multiple times a week. Home grown BFF Fundy cousins.

Even if they weren't BFFs growing up it seems as adults with so much in common they spend more time together. Unless they already do but Jessa won't allow posts for fear that the Derick association will ruin her brand and end her TLC income.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, we never see the Seewalds associating just with the Dullards.

I don't think that Jill and Jessa have ever liked each other very much. They always made nice when the TLC cameras were rolling, but I don't think they actively seek out each other's company. Jessa is probably glad that Jill is no longer on Counting On (more camera time for her). 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Albanyguy said:

I don't think that Jill and Jessa have ever liked each other very much. They always made nice when the TLC cameras were rolling, but I don't think they actively seek out each other's company. Jessa is probably glad that Jill is no longer on Counting On (more camera time for her). 

Jessa has Jinger/Jerememe and JD/Abbie to compete with for my camera time. Jessa and Ben are old news.

21 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I don't think anyone ever liked Jill the Snitch very much, except possibly her buddy group. Because they didn't know any better. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I am odd but I like it. However I would wear it as a house dress,wear just in the house after I get off work before I go to bed. I have a few of them that way I can be comfortable and have my windows open without feeling odd about being in my p.j.s for the world to see.

It reminds me of a couple of dresses I had in the '90's.  I'm old, too. and would also wear it around the house or maybe running errands on the weekends. Loose fitting, big pockets.  Perfect for hanging out at home.  

No way would I wear it with ugly orthopedic clodhopper sandals though. I would also insist on a nicer color, that washed out dingy green is not flattering for anyone.  I wouldn't wear an ugly color.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

I can understand it being in certain recipes, but it's all the kids get to eat!  I don't think we've literally ever seen Jill putting real cheese in recipes, unless maaaaaaybe a sprinkling of cotija if she's trying to emulate some dish from Danger America.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Vaysh said:

Me too! Or perhaps 25 years ago and longer and without the pockets. There was a trend around '93 where for some reason every teenage girl around here wore those long cotton dresses in that very same model Jill is wearing. Looking at old pictures they did look kinda cute but not terribly flattering though they were very soft and comfortable.

If we are just talking about cut, I have a nightie that's almost exactly the same shape, just minus the buttons and pockets. It's a sort of jersey fabric, navy blue with a tiny little Swiss dot sort of pattern and a touch of lace around the neckline. I've been known to wear it for the bulk of the day some weekends if I have nowhere else to be. It's insanely comfy.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Not too bad. She must have gotten a new bra!

F5EA4EB2-FB40-4152-9D0E-1FCFFAEF3C6A.jpeg

All of these citrus clothes reek of cheap, thin,  flimsy, poor quality fabrics.  Oh, and I also think they are all ugly.

• Love 23
6 minutes ago, louannems said:

All of these citrus clothes reek of cheap, thin,  flimsy, poor quality fabrics.  Oh, and I also think they are all ugly.

That’s the thing. None of their clothes are high fashion but the cheap fabric takes them from bland to horrible. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16