Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Jill looks really good in that picture! Pretty dress, fits her good. The shoes are hideous, IMO however. 

The kids are cute. 

That's how Derelict went to church on Easter Sunday?? Sloppy mess.  He should be in a coat and tie. He's ugly too. 

And the kissing picture is gross. It may have turned me off permanently 

Edited by QuinnInND
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

Kids look cute. Jill looks pretty. Derrick looks homeless.

I do not need to see them in an awkward lip lock. Or in any lip lock. Ever.

Is it just me or is the celebration of the resurrection of the purported savior of mankind NOT the time to be shilling your cheap-ass clothing line?

• LOL 17
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I do not need to see them in an awkward lip lock. Or in any lip lock. Ever.

Is it just me or is the celebration of the resurrection of the purported savior of mankind NOT the time to be shilling your cheap-ass clothing line?

Jill is one of God's favorite, so it is okay for her to shill someone's cheap-ass ugly fumpy dumpy clothing line.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwhrq-mgoX-/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=mebijgbr2ih7

I'm with everyone else who thinks Jill looks great here. I 100% own dresses like that. For me personally (33 year old non-spiritual [but maybe Buddhist, maybe agnostic, still working that out?] progressive feminist from Georgia), they're nice when I'm feeling a bit heavy and want to look pretty but still a bit covered up. It's interesting that I think Jill's figure looks the best I've ever seen it here... maybe this style is more flattering than I thought!

In fact, I wore something very similar to church with my family this morning because it was pretty cool weather for this time of year and I wanted sleeves. Is this look sexy? No. But that doesn't make it frumpy.

From the dress to the shoes to the side bun to the earrings, you go girl! And I love that we're seeing her smile reach her eyes for once!

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Doubtful. Didn't Derelict denounce the Easter Bunny (he took down Santa)?

He took down Santa?

38 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

That about sums it up.  She looks happy, too.  Did Derrick actually go to church dressed that way?  Even the more casual dressers in our parish got spiffy for today.

I like her hair up; it is much improved, although I do think cutting about 12-15 inches would make it look so much better long.  

Am not fond of the kiss.    

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

He called Santa a myth or somesuch. There will be no avalanche of surprise presents for the boys on Christmas mornings. 😕

What's sad is that people actually listen to this potato head.

Edited by BrianJ1962
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

While I’m not a big fan of Mr. Rodgers, who is overhyped to the max, he does have a job. So any similarity ends there.

Good point. I was thinking only physically looking like

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I was just teasing a bit...they both do have that scruffed thing going. Aaron’s looks a tiny bit more deliberate, but not by much.

Mr. Rodgers looks like the older better looking brother of the two Dillard brothers.  Look at those nice even white teeth!!

Edited by lookeyloo
to make better sense. either not enough or too much wine
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I'm sorry, but Jill looks a fumpy and dumpy middle aged spinster school teacher to me. No offense to single middle age teachers out there.

1 hour ago, SoupyShoes said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwhrq-mgoX-/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=mebijgbr2ih7

I'm with everyone else who thinks Jill looks great here. I 100% own dresses like that. For me personally (33 year old non-spiritual [but maybe Buddhist, maybe agnostic, still working that out?] progressive feminist from Georgia), they're nice when I'm feeling a bit heavy and want to look pretty but still a bit covered up. It's interesting that I think Jill's figure looks the best I've ever seen it here... maybe this style is more flattering than I thought!

In fact, I wore something very similar to church with my family this morning because it was pretty cool weather for this time of year and I wanted sleeves. Is this look sexy? No. But that doesn't make it frumpy.

From the dress to the shoes to the side bun to the earrings, you go girl! And I love that we're seeing her smile reach her eyes for once!

I do think the dress is a bit too big for Jill (she could’ve gone down at least one full size) but I think it’s cute. She is smiling and styled her hair. Also it’s EASTER, she’s not a going to a party sporting a cocktail dress. As someone who prefers to dress more modestly 90% of the time (its not a religious thing or a body shame thing, just a me thing), I certainly understand wanting sleeves and a mid-length hem for an Easter dress. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, BrianJ1962 said:

1070677819_AaronRodgers-1.thumb.jpg.e9cc4d4b364734797d5beb022f5e2b74.jpgDoes Dillbert resemble Aarron Rodgers?

If Aaron Rodgers looked at himself in a funhouse mirror, he would resemble Derick. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, emma675 said:

Girlfriend is reading this thread, she's braiding her hair! 🤣

I can only hope the next thing she changes is squinting into the sun

Edited by Totally
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, BrianJ1962 said:

Does Dillbert resemble Aarron Rodgers?

Someone once said Derick resembled a dehydrated Aaron Rodgers. Or was it a tumble dried Aaron Rodgers?

EDIT: Someone beat me to it.

Jill's Easter dress or whatever was posted above was very cute. A little baggy on top, but she seems to like it that way. At least it doesn't have the unfortunate effect of making her look bigger. Clothes that make even small women look big should be burned for their poor craftsmanship.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I'm sorry, but Jill looks a fumpy and dumpy middle aged spinster school teacher to me. No offense to single middle age teachers out there.

I'm with you even though I have worn similar styles.  As @Scarlett45 posted, I think she could have worn a smaller size too. Maybe she is used to wearing a larger size because of the years of wearing modesty layers underneath.  She has to learn to buy a smaller size now that she is ditching the modesty layers. I think wearing a solid color belt would help immensly by breaking up the pattern.  

I do like her hair but because of its length the bun has to feel heavy. She must have used plenty of bobby pins to hold it in place. 

I wonder if the Easter Bunny found the Dillard's new house. 

• Love 1

F5C6537B-1F05-429D-A217-B3EA509766A7.jpeg

Broccoli Rice Casserole

Apr 22, 2019 | Recipes | 0 

We had Broccoli Rice Casserole a lot growing up. It’s another one of those recipes that is easy to serve a large crowd and is also great for when you have lots of leftover rice! 

Makes one 9×13″ pan

6 C. cooked rice 

2 T. Butter

1 small onion, chopped

1 (1 lb.) block velveeta

2 cans cream of chicken soup

1lb broccoli, cooked

Grease one 9x 13″ casserole dish and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook rice according to package directions. Sauté onions in butter till tender, add velvet and soup. Warm until cheese is melted, being careful not to let it scorch. Cook broccoli in separate pot until tender. Drain. Combine rice, cheese mixture and broccoli. Spread in greased dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 min. or until slightly golden brown on top.

• Love 1

"We had this a lot growing up".  Of course you did, Jill.  It's cream of crap soup, fake cheese, and rice.  I would be willing to bet that the broccoli was optional, and that that slop was dinner, not a side dish.🤢

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 24

Oh Jesus Jill, just give up and start doing beige, brown, and yellow mukbangs for attention. 

A pound of Velveeta and two cans of cream of crap soup.

Who has lots of leftover rice?

People that can't measure rice accurately?

• LOL 18
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

We make broccoli rice casserole every Thanksgiving and it doesn’t look anything like that crap.  Nor do we use Velveeta.

I was about to say, most of the variations I've seen for this recipe call for real cheese.

• Love 8

Dude, I LOVE goopy/creamy/starchy foods, but the great thing about those types of foods is that they are they perfect way to introduce "stealth vegetables" to children.  They are missing an opportunity to acclimate young children to a vegetable that some of them have trouble adjusting to.  My husband made broccoli cornbread for Easter dinner yesterday--cornbread is a huge treat for us now because he has to watch his blood sugar--and it was absolutely packed with fresh broccoli. It was delicious, and my little grandson was gobbling it like it was candy.

Idiots.

Edited by Portia
I used the word "great" like a BILLION times.
  • Love 19