Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

If Cathy lives in Rogers, Derick and his family are moving closer to her than to the Duggars. Have some in-laws who live in Lowell and work in Rogers. They are very conveniently located to their work. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 3
Just now, Zella said:

If Cathy lives in Rogers, Derick and his family is moving closer to her than the Duggars. Have some in-laws who live in Lowell and work in Rogers. They are very conveniently located to their work. 

Yes, I see now that the two towns are very close. So score one for the Dillard side of the family!

• Love 2

I am thoroughly confused by the news that the Dillards can afford to buy a house.  I just cannot see how they can afford it with their official story.  They have obviously lied in their social media posts about their financial situation.**  Derick has not held a job that would draw a salary in years and he has wasted large sums of money on his newest pet project of the month.  A full-time law student and SAHM do not generate any income.***  I also do not believe that any Dave Ramsey course could help them to save the kind of money necessary to pay for a house without a steady income.  You cannot save money if you have nothing coming in, unless you have streams of money that you do not want your followers to know about.  

**I am having a hard time typing this with a straight face.

***I do not believe that Jill is drawing in enough money as an "influencer" on a monthly basis.

• Love 21

Haven't they been living in Fayetteville? The general tone of Fayetteville is not very-Duggar friendly. It's kind of like the weird, artsy hipster member of the NWA family. Keep Fayetteville Funky bumper stickers and shirts are pretty common. 

Rogers (and by extension Lowell) has a more generally conservative vibe. Like, Fayetteville's annual Pride festival attracts a lot of local attention and has a lot of support in Fayetteville. If Rogers does one, I'm sure not aware of it. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4

Okay, back up. Did she ever actually say they bought a house?

Because I could see some shady  Godly construction company renting it to them on the cheap and using the Duggar name to lend whatever christian brand equity it still has to market their shoddy houses.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

Because I could see some shady  Godly construction company renting it to them on the cheap and using the Duggar name to lend whatever christian brand equity it still has to market their shoddy houses.

Wanna bet Derick does some legal work for the godly building company once he graduates?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Well, one of the pictures on the blog is the Dullards standing on the empty lot with a SOLD sign. They are certainly IMPLYING that they bought it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

If they were going to do that, I would have expected the whole build to be featured on social media.  Then eventually sold as a “Hey, buy what Jill Dillard designed”.  And I’d expect that to actually be a Jana gig, not a Jill gig.

So I think they legit bought it.  Just not sure how.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

She doesn't exactly say that.  Among other things, they didn't buy a house since the house wasn't built when they bought it. If they bought something, it was land with a contract to build the house.

Here what Jill says on their blog:

"The last few weeks for us have been busy! Not only just keeping up with life and Derick’s hectic school schedule, but we have also been in the process of planning for the future…we are excited to share with you that we are moving!!

We are relocating to Lowell, AR, which is closer to family and more centrally located in Northwest Arkansas. We started the process to build several months ago and have taken pictures along the way and are excited to share them with y’all now!" 

There is a sold sign on the property when they bought it which makes me they do own their own home and land. 

By the way, their building company isn't some small company owned by local friends. It appears to be part of a large company which builds home all around the south. 

• Useful 2
12 minutes ago, not you again said:

I'm wondering how far away this new town is from Dreck's law school, particularly compared to where they were. Won't he need to spend more time there as he progresses through law school?

About 20-30 minute drive, so it really shouldn't be an issue. 

The NWA metro area is a bunch of towns all crammed together (and connected via the interstate) with signs being the only way you know you have crossed boundaries for most of them if you're not on the interstate.

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1

Maybe Duggar is actually buying the house, and "renting" it out to them.  Michelle & Jim Bob could probably afford it easily, and are getting some sort of reciprocal work from the contractors, or somebody associated with the contractors. 

Probably everybody involved in the building & renovation businesses in that area are in bed together.  Even the larger firms need smaller subcontractors.  Yeah, ewwww......

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 5

Some of your shadier realtors will put “sold” signs on several properties in a development just to make it look like the houses are in demand.

Mr. Wiser has owned a real estate company for a long time and at this point, he’s seen everything. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Some of your shadier realtors will put “sold” signs on several properties in a development just to make it look like the houses are in demand.

Mr. Wiser has owned a real estate company for a long time and at this point, he’s seen everything. 

The sold sign in this case is on an empty lot.

• Love 1

So I looked further into the company. They are a well-known company that builds cheap homes in the Southern USA. Some people had good experiences with the company, others felt the houses weren't well-built.  They are based in Arkansas, but also build homes in Oklahoma, Texas, Florida, Missouri, Alabama, as well as Arkansas.  It seems likely they wouldn't need much of a downpayment to buy the house. 

• Love 2

Whether or not they've bought the house, they've snuck in on occasions to post Bible verses on the new construction in several languages.  I'd guess that they either have bought the place or are on a rent-to-own situation.

I hope the developers are good ones.  A friend of mine many years ago babysat for a couple and just after they came home and were paying her for the night they heard a loud noise coming from the kitchen/dining room area.  They ran in to check, and it turned out that the sliding glass doors, frame and all, had simply fallen out onto the patio outside. 

It was a new house, only a couple of months old, in a new development.  The family got their doors replaced, but soon houses all over the neighborhood were having problems and the company that built them went out of business, only to be reborn under another name with the same people in charge.  I don't know how they managed to survive, but that same company was later tasked with the job of building the new county courthouse and that thing is a nightmare.  The county is still hemorrhaging money fixing all the problems caused by crappy construction.  Call it the price of doing business when you go with the lowest bidder.

• Love 4

As mentioned above, it's seems that the builders didn't require much of a downpayment. My best guess is that paying rent is probably about the same as paying the morgage in this case, and that would make buying the most logical option. I don't think they bought it outright, (they probably have a morgage), but I think they probably own their house. 

(It's also possible that they got the downpayment from either Jill's years of being on television or some kind of Dillard family inheritance. ) 

• Love 3

Is anyone else finding the writing of spells bible verses on the walls to be hilariously pagan? It's like the modern fundie version of a foundation sacrifice. Bless this house...

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
52 minutes ago, Temperance said:

So I looked further into the company. They are a well-known company that builds cheap homes in the Southern USA. Some people had good experiences with the company, others felt the houses weren't well-built.  They are based in Arkansas, but also build homes in Oklahoma, Texas, Florida, Missouri, Alabama, as well as Arkansas.  It seems likely they wouldn't need much of a downpayment to buy the house. 

Sounds like Jennell from Teen Mom2 situation. Her house is sinking.  $1200 for mortgage wow in NY $1200 will get you a basement studio at best.

• LOL 4

Banks don't give mortgages based on future income and they must have had a down payment. Maybe they're using the last of the TLC money.

I don't believe for a minute they weren't paid by TLC. I also believe they asked for the medical bills to be paid was because they're entitled, not because they actually needed it. I can hear Cathy and Dan reinforcing thoughts of deserving the money because the birth(s) brought in ratings.

Every married Duggar (with the exception of Josh) has started newlywed life pretty good. Something happened in between Jill's marriage and Jessa's marriage with TLC contracts. All of a sudden honeymoons became shows. I'm guessing the Dillards realized they were not getting the perks (& maybe less pay) than their siblings.

Curious to see how Jill "decorates" this home.

• Love 7

Could this be a downlow influencer gig?  For the cost of a relatively cheap house   The company may get a lot of free advertising. Expect people magazine to give them a little blurb.  That would be worth the $200,000 home cost alone.  If there’s one thing Jill was actually taught by her parents, it’s how to pull off a shady real estate deal. 

I’m sure Jesse is tearing the shit out her miminimaist redo right now. She’s fantasizing about remodeling the carport and expanding into it, while plain old Jill gets a brand new house.  No fair!   Time to post a thousand new selfie‘s of her cute cute kids.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Could this be a downlow influencer gig?  For the cost of a relatively cheap house   The company may get a lot of free advertising. Expect people magazine to give them a little blurb.  That would be worth the $200,000 home cost alone.  If there’s one thing Jill was actually taught by her parents, it’s how to pull off a shady real estate deal. 

I’m sure Jesse is tearing the shit out her miminimaist redo right now. She’s fantasizing about remodeling the carport and expanding into it, while plain old Jill gets a brand new house.  No fair!   Time to post a thousand new selfie‘s of her cute cute kids.

I think if they were going to get anything from PEOPLE, Jill would have provided a link to the story, and not posted pictures. Jill and Derick may have tried for an exclusive though. Now it may by a short piece using her Instagram. No money in that. I bet In Touch will have a piece about the move, doing the same thing.

• Useful 3
58 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Derick is such a jerk and yet he seems to land on his feet. This clown is in law school and building a house. 

I'm glad that the boys will have a decent home. 

Isn't it frustrating? It's like a cat hoarder/pathological liar I know who always gets what she wants -- a new, bigger house even though she's broke, because animal control in her old city was onto her; more "fosters" who will never be adopted out; the esteem of many rescues (aka her hoarder friends) while excellent volunteers don't get the time of day.

(I'm very upset about that situation right now; can you tell?) 

I'm also glad the boys will have a nice home. They deserve better than what Jill herself had at those ages. I also hope she doesn't have more children. It doesn't matter how nice a house is if it's packed with people. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

Isn't it frustrating? It's like a cat hoarder/pathological liar I know who always gets what she wants -- a new, bigger house even though she's broke, because animal control in her old city was onto her; more "fosters" who will never be adopted out; the esteem of many rescues (aka her hoarder friends) while excellent volunteers don't get the time of day.

(I'm very upset about that situation right now; can you tell?) 

I’m sorry, Heathen. I’ve been involved in several rescue groups and shelters over the years and it seems like animal rescue attracts the best, most kind-hearted people AND the craziest attention-seeking narcissists and not much in between. But the kitties thank you.

Back to topic... I sincerely hope the Dullards don’t get a pet now that they’re moving. 

• Love 6

Unless they bought the house for cash in hand, i’m not sure it would matter how much they have in savings. A buyer may have $300k in savings, but if they also have $0 in monthly income the bank isn’t going to count on them using 2/3 of that $300k to keep up their monthly mortgage payments. If they did take out a mortgage, i’m guessing they needed a co-signer to qualify. It could have been either Cathy or Jim Bob, both of whom would likely have sufficient income to qualify. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The sold sign in this case is on an empty lot.

That's what a builder in my area is doing to the lots even if the lot is still available he wants the people who coming to look at the lot to say wow a lot of people want to live here.

• Love 3

This house building is suspect. They seem to have no visible means of NEW MONEY coming in each month. Yes, without that, they could not qualify for a mortgage. That leaves inheritance and/or someone's parents gifting them the cash. Didn't Derick's grandparent pass away a bit ago? His paternal grandparents are not gone, I believe, that would mean assets would pass to Dan and Derick in place of their father inheriting. Depending if Derick's father has siblings, Dan and Derick would inherit half each of their grandparents' assets. Cathy is out of the inheritance picture as she remarried. I don't see JimBob GIVING Jill and Derick anything at this point in time. Even if a parent paid for the house, how will they pay for their monthly expenses and the upkeep of a home? Renting does not include those expenses. Nothing is adding up here. They really should address how they have been living with Derick obviously not employed.

• Love 7
On 4/17/2019 at 7:00 PM, JoanArc said:

Plus there is no evidence this is section 8 housing. They just look typical low-end apartments with crappy landscaping. I know its cool to hate on McMansions - but it's got to GNAW at both of them that they went from this:

94c8503b1505f524e066e509577dd74d.jpg

to their current hovel. Shoulda kept you mouth shut, head down, and plugging away at your Walmart job, Der.

Don’t they live in student housing?

Never mind. I noticed the new house. Plain. 

Edited by kokapetl

Tax records of home sales are freely searchable public records, and using the minimal clues from their blog pictures and 5 minutes of searching, I can't find any evidence that a Dillard or a Duggar bought this house (and these records are recent and up-to-date; they show other houses in the area as having sold in the last week or two). So either they're renting it from the builder, bought it under a shell company, or maybe someone from Cross Church bought it and is renting it out to them. 

My money's on renting it from the builder. I have a friend who's building a house in a similarly priced neighborhood right now and the builder gave her the option to rent-to-own if she wanted to.

The more interesting thing I noticed when looking at home sales in that area is there's 3 or 4 homes in their neighborhood that appear to be owned by 2 men based on homeowner names. Get prepared for the tweetstorm/blog post when the Dullards meet those neighbors...

• Useful 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 11

If it makes you feel better, I find solace in the fact that their fame is fleeing and tied to a stupid reality show, which will eventually fade away. Like someone eating an entire cheesecake in the middle of the night, they're trading future happiness for immediate gratification.

bought it under a shell company

Jim Bob's MO.

3 or 4 homes in their neighborhood that appear to be owned by 2 men based on homeowner names.

I hope they (respectfully, legally) rub it all over these bigot's faces. Lots of dip kissing in the front yard, men's only block parties, leather night, offers to babysit the kids, offers to help Jill decorate, painting they new construction with rainbow colors, Judy Garland blasting at all hours, etc.

• LOL 17
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, SoupyShoes said:

Tax records of home sales are freely searchable public records, and using the minimal clues from their blog pictures and 5 minutes of searching, I can't find any evidence that a Dillard or a Duggar bought this house (and these records are recent and up-to-date; they show other houses in the area as having sold in the last week or two). So either they're renting it from the builder, bought it under a shell company, or maybe someone from Cross Church bought it and is renting it out to them. 

My money's on renting it from the builder. I have a friend who's building a house in a similarly priced neighborhood right now and the builder gave her the option to rent-to-own if she wanted to.

The more interesting thing I noticed when looking at home sales in that area is there's 3 or 4 homes in their neighborhood that appear to be owned by 2 men based on homeowner names. Get prepared for the tweetstorm/blog post when the Dullards meet those neighbors...

Usually you only close once when buying from a builder.  You pay a big deposit to claim it, but it doesn’t actually become yours in deed until the house is built and the keys handed over.

The reason we saw the deed from Austin’s land purchase is because he bought the land first, then built the house himself.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

What a pathetic life. Derick and Jill have two kids, no “real” income, and they are choosing to pretend they bought a house. Feeling insecure much? 

Honestly, I'm not surprised. Remember that Tacos 4 Life chick, Kristen? She's one of Jessa's BFF's. On her Instagram, she makes it sound like she and her husband own the chain, when the reality is he's just the manager of ONE of their restaurants. Fundies seem to be very selective with facts.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, SoupyShoes said:

The owners might not be a gay couple but people who have bought the houses to rent out.  We have a lot of houses in my neighborhood that are rental properties.  But it would be fun to watch heads explode...

• Love 7

That's what a builder in my area is doing to the lots even if the lot is still available he wants the people who coming to look at the lot to say wow a lot of people want to live here.

If he's being deceitful right out of the gate, it makes me wonder what the quality is of the homes he builds.

"Assistant to the Regional Manager"

I was once the assistant to a fire chief.  I never even got to do so much as blow the horn on the truck.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Saylii said:

Usually you only close once when buying from a builder.  You pay a big deposit to claim it, but it doesn’t actually become yours in deed until the house is built and the keys handed over.

The reason we saw the deed from Austin’s land purchase is because he bought the land first, then built the house himself.

True. I'm going off the picture they posted with the foundation dated March 17, 2019. Based on how far along the house is I'd expect them to have already closed or be pretty close to it, maybe pending a home inspection. It'll be interesting to see who actually purchased the house-tax records don't lie!

• Love 3

Well, I don't care if they rent or buy (though I did notice that Jill said they were moving, with no mention of buying), but I'm glad the boys will be in a nice neighborhood and maybe they'll have friends to play with.  Maybe Jill will even find a friend or two!

• Love 4