Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Definitely one of her better looks. I think she must have read the comments about her potato sack dresses and other baggy clothes. She needs to have pictures taken where she's not squinting into the sun, and also with some better backdrops. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

And you lived to tell the tale?! But did you/would you, take a picture of the mostly empty bowl, with your naked child in the background, post it on the internet, promoting the recipe of the dinner?

I’ve had my own awkward moment. When my children were younger, they had a few meals straight from a can, no heating up. I did not have time to heat up dinner, only to turn right around and add ice to quickly cool it down. If you can eat pineapple or peaches straight from a can, you can eat spaghetti-os. I’m not proud of it, but desperate times calls for desperate measures.

In Jill’s case, she doesn’t work and the kids don’t go to school, so I can’t imagine what all the rush was about.

• Love 10

Amy must have styled and photographed this outfit because she looks good for once. Those shoes are wrong, I think the converse she usually wears would pair nicely. I put my thumb over her hair and shoulder length hair would actually make her 10 years younger aka her real age.

• Love 7
(edited)

I hate to admit it but I would wear the floral cardigan. I did look on the 3130 site, but it shows as being sold out.  
Agree with others who have said if Jill cut her hair it would look so much better.  She could have a foot cut off and it would still be long (for most of us). 
I've said it before, but I have to give Jill credit for trying.  Unfortunately, it backfires too often (i.e. the bathtub pictures) but at least she is trying.  But Jill, as we've said about your fingernails, chipped nails do not look good.  Goes for your toenails as well.  I usually will just get my nails buffed when I get a manicure because I hate chipped nails.

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Jill looks great. If you put your thumb over the bottom half of her hair you can see how much it would elevate her appearance if she got rid of that scraggly mane.

Another confession...I have not gotten a hair cut since last July. I know I have split ends, and my bangs need a good trim, but I am too lazy to get a trim. The last time I did get a few inches taken off to chin length, the stylist told me I had healthy soft hair. I always thought my hair was crappy because technically I am hypothyroid. I also have not have any highlights or color in two years, but I think my hair looks better than Jill's hair does.

3 hours ago, Lunera said:

I put my thumb over her hair and shoulder length hair would actually make her 10 years younger aka her real age.

Or even just cut to bra-strap level. It would still be long and would look tons better. I really don't get the Duggar women and their obstinate insistence on not even trimming their hair a few inches for the sake of their religion. Wearing pants is acceptable, but cutting hair is not? And no one with eyes and any sense can possibly think that's a good look.

• Love 16
(edited)
9 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

And you lived to tell the tale?! But did you/would you, take a picture of the mostly empty bowl, with your naked child in the background, post it on the internet, promoting the recipe of the dinner?

I’ve had my own awkward moment. When my children were younger, they had a few meals straight from a can, no heating up. I did not have time to heat up dinner, only to turn right around and add ice to quickly cool it down. If you can eat pineapple or peaches straight from a can, you can eat spaghetti-os. I’m not proud of it, but desperate times calls for desperate measures.

No I did not, so maybe there is some salvation for me 

Edited by Totally
  • LOL 3
46 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill's wearing shorts.

Above the knee even! And a v-neck! Good thing I'm a straight lady, since otherwise desires might be stirred up that cannot be righteously fulfilled with all that bare flesh showing 😲

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Mojitogirl said:

That birthday party is the most normal thing I’ve seen this family ever do. Good for Jill for putting it together (if it was her). 

Come on, we all know Jana organized everything.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Michelle needs some yoga or upper body weight training STAT. She’s beginning to collapse forward. Must be that missing back muscle...

More like the gravity from those GGG puppies that she works so hard to hide.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

The eating in the bathtub thing is something I've seen on Instagram. I've seen a few sponsored posts for a patented board too.

I'm not surprised Jilly Muffin jumped on the bandwagon. She strikes me as someone who would spend quite a bit of time on Instagram.

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill's wearing shorts.

And she looks great!  I'm so glad Israel had what looks like a perfectly average birthday party.  A park party is very appropriate for a 4 year old.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Michelle needs some yoga or upper body weight training STAT. She’s beginning to collapse forward. Must be that missing back muscle...

I think she's pretty top heavy. A breast reduction could help.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Puffin said:

Is that Josh in the background of the third photo or someone else? 

It does have his build, but the guy appears to be with a little girl in pants, so probably not. 

So once again the senior Duggars can't be bothered to wrap a gift? Just write right on the box... I mean, I get that wrapping gifts in such a large family would be a lot of paper, but at this point they can afford it. And especially for a little kid, where the anticipation of unwrapping is fun.

Anna also posted about the celebration. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

The eating in the bathtub thing is something I've seen on Instagram. I've seen a few sponsored posts for a patented board too.

I'm not surprised Jilly Muffin jumped on the bandwagon. She strikes me as someone who would spend quite a bit of time on Instagram.

But why eating in the bathtub?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, dargosmydaddy said:

It does have his build, but the guy appears to be with a little girl in pants, so probably not. 

So once again the senior Duggars can't be bothered to wrap a gift? Just write right on the box... I mean, I get that wrapping gifts in such a large family would be a lot of paper, but at this point they can afford it. And especially for a little kid, where the anticipation of unwrapping is fun.

Anna also posted about the celebration. 

The word it is cracking me up. Is it Cousin It from the Adams Family.

2 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

But why eating in the bathtub?

I guess it's marketing to a niche that wants it to be a relaxing experience with wine and fine dining.

Might as well just wear a tiara in the bath too while you're at it.

01-Princess-Margaret.jpg

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I guess it's marketing to a niche that wants it to be a relaxing experience with wine and fine dining.

Might as well just wear a tiara in the bath too while you're at it.

01-Princess-Margaret.jpg

If I was Princess Margaret,  I would have albums full of me wearing my jewelry especially tiaras in different settings including the bathtub.  When you're the spare this is the job.  

• LOL 16
  • Love 7
29 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I like Jill in shorts. She looks like a cute, normal mom. I'm also impressed she wore them around the family. I wonder if J'chelle's head exploded or she no longer bothers to care?

Michelle gave an interview with the IBLP media group Embassy Media which does videos with IBLP followers. The videos are available to Embassy Media subcribers. 

Anyway a few months ago Michelle (and JB and the Wallers) did a video with an interview. (I had mentioned this in the media/TLC thread and the Vuolo thread.) She made it very clear she doesn't believe women should wear pants/shorts.  She thinks women should wear dresses/skirts like on the doors of public restrooms. She is unhappy her girls wear pants, but blames their husbands. She said that the husbands as leaders will be held accountable for decisions they made for the family. 

Jill has worn pants in front of her mother before. It make Michelle uncomfortable, but since Michelle isn't the headship, she may not say anything. 

• Useful 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Why should she say anything? It's absolutely none of her fucking business.

Maybe she thinks Jill will defraud a neighbor, and Michelle should be the only female in the family who ever defraud a male neighbor and tempt him to leave his wife.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

It's none of her business whether gay people get married or some random Arkansan buys beer at a party store, but that never stopped Mullet from protesting. 

Exactly. And part of being a fundie imo is the idea that you own kids for life or at least into adulthood. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3

If it's true that Michelle is upset with her daughters wearing pants, I'm surprised Jill wears them when she knows she'll be with her mom. I would think Jill would continue to wear skirts around her parents unless pants made more sense for what they we doing, i.e. camping, swimming, etc.

My thoughts are flip-flopping between bold and independent, and rude and disrespectful.

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, Temperance said:

Michelle gave an interview with the IBLP media group Embassy Media which does videos with IBLP followers. The videos are available to Embassy Media subcribers. 

Anyway a few months ago Michelle (and JB and the Wallers) did a video with an interview. (I had mentioned this in the media/TLC thread and the Vuolo thread.) She made it very clear she doesn't believe women should wear pants/shorts.  She thinks women should wear dresses/skirts like on the doors of public restrooms. She is unhappy her girls wear pants, but blames their husbands. She said that the husbands as leaders will be held accountable for decisions they made for the family. 

Can you give us a link to this video?

Edited by graefin
  • Love 5

So, this puts to rest for me the opinions out there that say all of the unmarried daughters have and had a CHOICE to wear those silly skirts and dresses. They obviously do not have any choice in the matter, all the way up to 29 year old UNMARRIED Jana.

Liars that they are, the twisted way of thinking they were taught by their parents would make it almost impossible for the children to ever 'decide' anything that goes against their parents' beliefs right down to the pants/shorts wearing thing. For to have an opinion or action contradictory to your parents would be a grave sin for them....and they DON'T want to sin. They are scared to death.

Also supports their belief that the father/husband is their absolute leader and decision maker. Their husbands say that they can wear pants/shorts, so they do. NOW it is NOT a sin in their eyes. I have a headache just typing this kind of twisted logic.

Those females are not people in their own right at all; no matter their age. Also supports my opinion that Michelle is nothing more than her husband's 'receptical bag' for his 'marital desires' in being righteously fulfilled. No opinions, no thoughts or desires of their own; only on earth to serve a male; whether it be their father, brother or husband. I don't think this pleases God in the least.

This culture leaves way too much leeway for abusive men to grab this way of life and run with it; proclaiming "God said so."

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 20
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

If it's true that Michelle is upset with her daughters wearing pants, I'm surprised Jill wears them when she knows she'll be with her mom. I would think Jill would continue to wear skirts around her parents unless pants made more sense for what they we doing, i.e. camping, swimming, etc.

My thoughts are flip-flopping between bold and independent, and rude and disrespectful.

Or passive-aggressive. Jilly Muffin strikes me as the type to repress all her feelings until they explode -- in the form of pants-wearing. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

0B4E6FF2-E808-4A2E-A1A2-1912886B2BD3.jpeg

So the only thing they can say about Israel is that he’s a good big brother?   In a way this doesn’t  surprise me since they only valued  their own older children as buddies to the younger ones. It’s very sad however that they only have 12 grandchildren so far and already don’t know anything about them. 

• Love 6
(edited)
19 hours ago, Temperance said:

Jill has worn pants in front of her mother before. It make Michelle uncomfortable, but since Michelle isn't the headship, she may not say anything. 

Interesting because we’ve seen Jana wearing shorts and Johanna as well in counting on episodes when they were doing water activities. If what she said is true then whose to blame for Jana and Johanna other than JB as they’re not married. 

Edited by Puffin
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't think Jinger wears pants in front of her parents. Of course she's been seen on IG in pants, so JB and Michelle would have to live under a rock in order to be oblivious. So in a way, it is actually quite daring that Jill will wear pants and shorts in front of Michelle. I mean, didn't Alyssa wear skirts when she visited Gil and Kelly and wear pants in the comfort of her own home?

• Love 6