Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)
10 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

And I don’t buy for one minute that Cross Church is paying for him to be their lawyer. Surely they already have a firm on retainer. Between the church itself, multiple locations, the school, there is no way they are lacking counsel and are instead waiting around and paying for Derick.

10 hours ago, Zella said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they already had several attorneys in their congregation, too. 

Maybe Derick just thinks he'll be hired after lol

Yes. IMO, the idea that Cross Church would fund Derick's legal education, is hilariously improbable. 

As has been mentioned, there must be a busload of clean-cut young Baptist guys with law licenses who would cut their grandmother for a chance to get Cross Church's legal business. And at least a Benz full of established lawyers who belong to Cross Church and probably do some pro bono or reduced-fee work for the church. 

None of whom have engaged in nasty Twitter wars which received national coverage, or have been featured on, and then either left or were fired from, a cheesy cable TV show. There is absolutely nothing so special about Derick that would cause Cross Church to pay for Derick's law school education. For pete's sake, this is the church that makes its interns PAY IT for the opportunity to work there for a year. 

Edited to add: And remember, Derick apparently had to pay the full tuition to attend Cross Church's "School of Ministry," aka a year interning for the Church staff. IIRC he even started some online fundraising effort to raise $10K for his tuition for that. If he's all that and a bag of chips I'm sure the Church would have waived that tuition for him. But apparently it didn't find him that desirable or essential to its mission.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 22
(edited)
20 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

It's against privacy laws. It's annoying as fuck every time I have a student ask me for feedback about their work because I don't have a "student view" on the software we use so I can't pull up their work on a whim and hide the other students' grades. I have to ask them to leave the room for a minute so I can pull up all their information and assignments.

However I've worked with course directors and colleagues that would spill that sort of information. I TA'd for a prof who used to just put the students' multiple choice exams in one of the lab rooms and told them to find their own exam booklet (that is if they circled the answers it definitely was a privacy violation). If they had an issue with the Scantron then he could go to their office and sort through the piles of Scantrons to find their own. That meant they had access to everyone else's answers, even if he was in the room. There was only one prof in my department that followed the law to the letter and the students got pissed off about it.

Stopping here before this gets too off topic.

It does sound generic but again I was wondering if anyone else was following. Just a bit of fun to break up the day.

Scan trons are more interesting than Derricckk

Edited by dariafan
autocorrect HATES me
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Scan trons are more interesting than Derricckk

As someone entering final exam season, yes. Yes indeed.

One of the anatomy classes when I was doing my degree had a class average of 40-45%. It was a very old school prof in his 70s who had tenure. Gave no fucks, thought that they should be the same as the students from 1980. It was fun to sort through the scantrons because no two scantrons were alike. There was no rhyme or reason statistically on what answers they got wrong as a class. It was amazing.

I am suspecting a lot of the things thrown out about the OP were red herrings. I just think though how mad would Derick be if the internet thought he was getting As. I almost suspect that he would be mildly pleased that the internet has been told he's not about to fail out of law school. If it came out of his mouth people would accuse him of lying.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I can see Derick as someone who will intentionally mispronounce a person's name especially if the individual is a woman.  It's a power move.  He is trying to assert his natural male superiority and tell the person that they are not worthy of knowing their name.  If the TA was a white American male, he would know his name and pronounce it correctly.  

That's called a suppression technique. I only know that from watching SKAM 🙃

Not sure how Reddit verifies identity, but it sounds like that Reddit person has to be fake. I wouldn't be surprised if it was that atheist in a minivan woman jerking everyone's chain just for yucks.

Oh, and when I was in college (a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away), we retrieved our own graded exams from a pile also. However, our names weren't on them--just another opaque-ish identifier (to most of the rest of us, anyway) like the last four digits of our SSN.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, graefin said:

That's called a suppression technique. I only know that from watching SKAM 🙃

Not sure how Reddit verifies identity, but it sounds like that Reddit person has to be fake. I wouldn't be surprised if it was that atheist in a minivan woman jerking everyone's chain just for yucks.

Oh, and when I was in college (a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away), we retrieved our own graded exams from a pile also. However, our names weren't on them--just another opaque-ish identifier (to most of the rest of us, anyway) like the last four digits of our SSN.

When I was an undergrad, some professors used to post grades on a sheet outside a door with something like the last 4 digits but in alphabetical order.  They had to make a change because of this since if you really wanted to you could find out your classmates grades.  

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

When I was an undergrad, some professors used to post grades on a sheet outside a door with something like the last 4 digits but in alphabetical order.  They had to make a change because of this since if you really wanted to you could find out your classmates grades.  

I'm really old. I remember professors posting grades with names outside the door. If the grades were arranged highest to lowest, I just hoped I wouldn't have to look too far down the list to find my name. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I totally read that as "gruel." Which would probably be tastier, come to think about it.

Lol the word gruel made me think of Dickens, and there really is something malevolently Dickensian about, well, everything about Jill and Derick and their poor kids.

• Love 16

Confession time...One time when I was still working in a group home, I actually gave a client his medications while he was taking a bath. He almost dropped one of his meds in the water, but I caught it before it ended up in the water. End of confession.

I am not surprised Jill has done this. I bet it was not the first time or the last time she will feed her kids in the bathtub.

2 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Being an influencer takes a lot of time. (Do with that thought what you will.)

It actually does for the ones who earn their income from it.  Their posts may seem spontaneous but you have to have a strategy--how many posts per day?  What is your point of view that people want to see?   How are you different from other similar accounts?  What companies are you willing to work with?  What companies will you never support?  How are you going to reach new followers?

Jill just posts random pictures and tries to create content from them.  She has no eye for creating pleasing pictures.   She also has no idea what constitutes TMI and what people actually want to hear.  I blame her parents.  How do you figure out what information you share in polite company when you grow up in a home where the whole family tracks moms menstrual cycle?  And then the leghumpers eat everything up.

• Love 13

I realize we all brush our teeth in the bathroom, however I strongly feel having food products in the bathroom is gross. My kids learned of this hang up of mine at an early age and there would be times where I would walk by and see a cup of dry cereal or bag of M & Ms, etc (and yes, once an unfinished apple, ew) placed carefully outside the bathroom door. My kids would finish up in the bathroom and grab their snack and carry on.

Why on earth couldn't Iz and Sam finish their dinner and then take a bath? It's not like they needed to get to bed early for school in the morning.

• Love 13
26 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I realize we all brush our teeth in the bathroom, however I strongly feel having food products in the bathroom is gross. My kids learned of this hang up of mine at an early age and there would be times where I would walk by and see a cup of dry cereal or bag of M & Ms, etc (and yes, once an unfinished apple, ew) placed carefully outside the bathroom door. My kids would finish up in the bathroom and grab their snack and carry on.

Why on earth couldn't Iz and Sam finish their dinner and then take a bath? It's not like they needed to get to bed early for school in the morning.

Well, given that Jill used to sneak her food into the bathroom to eat it in peace, maybe this is actually some sort of comfort gesture to her.

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

And she’s feeding them from the same spoon 🤢 That’s a big no no!

Why is she even feeding them? They are old enough to feed themselves.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Every couple of years or so I take a pen or a piece of paper with me into the office bathroom, and I'm always appalled at myself. ;P.  I will have literally no intention of walking with the paper into the bathroom; I'll just be so crazed I'll be running around trying to get things done, that I'll forget I meant to stop by my desk and drop it before trundling off to the powder room.

That doesn't even take into account the discovery they made a couple years back, that microbes from the toilet flushing can literally fly anywhere into your bathroom; which includes flushes where the lid is shut (how?  I don't know.  Water droplets bending to get out from underneath the seat seems a little improbable to me; but I don't argue with science).  

Which, I regret to report, means that toilet water is flying onto toothbrushes left displayed in holders and on counters inside the bathroom, even when the "flusher" thinks that they have forestalled this by closing the seat and lid.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Maybe the bibs were in the wash, so Jill had the great idea of feeding her kids in the tub.

That makes as much sense as anything. She probably didn't have any clean clothes to put them in if they spilled soup on themselves.

• Love 2

Drinking coffee in the shower is actually a thing, as is having a beer, there too. It's gross, and it's (obviously) adults doing it, not kids.

Jill has absolutely no idea what clean is. I seriously wouldn't eat a meal she prepares, or want to sit down in her house.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, not you again said:

All I can see is the pic; are we sure she's feeding them? My first thought was that she was eating while they had bath time.

Not that her eating in the bathroom is less skeevy, but it makes more sense.  Ha!  What am I thinking????

It says, “Boys finishing up their bites in the tub”.

I’ve done things worthy of snark, but not this! 

There are wine glass holders for the shower that reflecting back, I may have needed!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, queenanne said:

Every couple of years or so I take a pen or a piece of paper with me into the office bathroom, and I'm always appalled at myself. ;P.  I will have literally no intention of walking with the paper into the bathroom; I'll just be so crazed I'll be running around trying to get things done, that I'll forget I meant to stop by my desk and drop it before trundling off to the powder room.

That doesn't even take into account the discovery they made a couple years back, that microbes from the toilet flushing can literally fly anywhere into your bathroom; which includes flushes where the lid is shut 

I stopped underestimating the general public's stupidity (or maybe obliviousness is the better word) when I went into my local bookstore and saw they had put a table outside the bathroom area with a large, prominent sign to leave all un-purchased merchandise on the table and do not bring it into the restrooms.   Honestly it never occurred to me until then that people would be likely to take a book or magazine in there, do their business then put it back on the shelf.  Obviously though it happened enough that the store had to put up that table, I've seen them in other similar stores since then.  Also it made me wonder about everything I'd touched over the years!

But that's a public place where you don't even own the stuff yet - this is her house and certainly even if you're running behind or as disorganized as I sometimes suspect she is..........If it's the kids that are the problem her's are old enough to be told stop fooling around at the dinner table, finish your last few bites, I'm setting the timer anything left on the plate after that goes in the garbage and you're done until breakfast.  Kids are resilient, they won't starve in one night and they'll learn for next time.  If it's her though she just needs to get her shit together, be ready to feed them earlier in the night even if it means they eat before daddy get's home - I wouldn't put it past her to be so joined at the hip to Derrick that if he's out "studying" (I use that word loosely) late she'd make the kids wait to eat as a family until 7pm or something then run around to get two hyped up but overtired boys to bed at a semi-reasonable hour.  But with either scenario those last few bits are just not so important that they need to be shoveled into the kids mouths while they're bathing!

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

First my rug, now my soup. These people keep ruining things for me, dammit. 

I hear ya.  I share a birthday with Giddyup & my husband & Smuggs have the same birthday.   It wouldn't bother me if it was any other family but with them, just no. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, sigmaforce86 said:

I stopped underestimating the general public's stupidity (or maybe obliviousness is the better word) when I went into my local bookstore and saw they had put a table outside the bathroom area with a large, prominent sign to leave all un-purchased merchandise on the table and do not bring it into the restrooms.   Honestly it never occurred to me until then that people would be likely to take a book or magazine in there, do their business then put it back on the shelf.  Obviously though it happened enough that the store had to put up that table, I've seen them in other similar stores since then.  Also it made me wonder about everything I'd touched over the years!

This reminds me of the one episode of Seinfield where George takes a book into the bathroom of a bookstore and is forced to buy it.  He tries to return it to the store, another location and then a charity bookstore.  He is unsuccessful.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

This reminds me of the one episode of Seinfield where George takes a book into the bathroom of a bookstore and is forced to buy it.  He tries to return it to the store, another location and then a charity bookstore.  He is unsuccessful.

big_1436576773_image.jpg

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Is she feeding them while they’re taking a bath? 

Excuse my language but, Jill why are you feeding kids in the same room where people take a shit!!? Girl...I can't with her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

I'm just trying to figure out how the "soup in the tub" even played out...  Did Deralick put the kids in the tub while Jill was doing dishes and she decided to see if they wanted to finish their dinner?   Were the kids so smelly and dirty that they needed to be bathed mid-dinner?  Maybe a potty-incident during dinner?

• Love 2
8 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Drinking coffee in the shower is actually a thing, as is having a beer, there too. It's gross, and it's (obviously) adults doing it, not kids.

Jill has absolutely no idea what clean is. I seriously wouldn't eat a meal she prepares, or want to sit down in her house.

One of my friend's roommates was a big fan of "cold beer in hot shower", which I find not as gross as the coffee because I've always assumed the cold beer fan drinkers were using the bottle and not an open-mouthed stein/cup...

• Love 4

Coffee in the shower is luxurious. My husband does most of the heavy lifting in the morning (feeds dogs, children, etc) and sometimes he serves me my coffee while I am in the shower. I only take that one sip, maybe another, but it feels so decadent. Otherwise he leaves the coffee on the counter by the sink so I smell it as soon as I pull back the curtain. Ahhhhh! 

Yet again, Jill the Midwife shows a lack of judgement. There’s whatever made her think feeding the kids in the tub was a good idea, then she took a photo of it, then posted it, and posted it as a means of promoting her bathroom soup*! So many fails! 

*it occurs to me there were two bathroom soups. The one the boys were eating and the one the boys were bathing in.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, queenanne said:

One of my friend's roommates was a big fan of "cold beer in hot shower", which I find not as gross as the coffee because I've always assumed the cold beer fan drinkers were using the bottle and not an open-mouthed stein/cup...

I love a Shower Beer after a day at the beach.  I can't day drink when I'm out in the sun, but once I'm inside I want a beer.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Totally said:

Well this is awkward, but my son has eaten while he was in the bath when he was young 

*Our toilet is separate room to our bathroom*

And you lived to tell the tale?! But did you/would you, take a picture of the mostly empty bowl, with your naked child in the background, post it on the internet, promoting the recipe of the dinner?

I’ve had my own awkward moment. When my children were younger, they had a few meals straight from a can, no heating up. I did not have time to heat up dinner, only to turn right around and add ice to quickly cool it down. If you can eat pineapple or peaches straight from a can, you can eat spaghetti-os. I’m not proud of it, but desperate times calls for desperate measures.

• LOL 5
  • Love 11

Dudes, this is the best and most put-together Jill has looked, like, ever. I think she rivals Jinger here. (Had to resize the pic to fit, but there are more shots on her account.)

20190406_114822.jpg

• Love 19