Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'd pay to see them watch the last  episode of Call the Midwife, in which a back alley abortion went all wrong. The young woman ended up having a hysterectomy. Is that what they really want?

My all time favorite show. Jill and Dick are so far removed from the kind, compassionate and humble characters on Call the Midwife and yet they have somehow deemed themselves superior.

• Love 15
19 minutes ago, whydoiwatch said:

My all time favorite show. Jill and Dick are so far removed from the kind, compassionate and humble characters on Call the Midwife and yet they have somehow deemed themselves superior.

More removed in education, too.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

More removed in education, too.

And the sad part is Deredick got a college education and has been out in the real world compared to Jill's stunted education at the kitchen table and stunted real world experiences.

7 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

If his teeth continue to shift, he’ll someday be eating corn on the cob with his back molars.

No one should hold a foot long hotdog like that and then post a picture of it.  

He has a thing about posting pics like this...a few months ago it was a turkey leg 😳

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

She'll be there shoving Jesus down the throats of unwed pregnant hussies. She will NOT be adopting their children.

Let hope not anyway. These two don’t seem to appreciate the two they have. 

• Love 10

That headline took five years off my life. Even a fundie adoption agency isn’t giving a totally unemployed, likely in student debt, with only the vague hope of being a lawyer, a child.

Jill would be there to deliver the unwanted child (maybe even getting a delivery right!) and hand the slut mother a slice of banana bread, then bail. At least Cathy could mention how she’s adopted, for the millionth time.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

That headline took five years off my life. Even a fundie adoption agency isn’t giving a totally unemployed, likely in student debt, with only the vague hope of being a lawyer, a child.

Jill would be there to deliver the unwanted child (maybe even getting a delivery right!) and hand the slut mother a slice of banana bread, then bail. At least Cathy could mention how she’s adopted, for the millionth time.

I cannot see them being allowed to adopt a child nor foster a child while they are living in that apartment/duplex.   Now if they were still living in the larger house, I could see where they might qualify as foster parents.  

• Love 7
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

4B17C0A0-6184-4DCD-811B-9FAD3115A40C.jpeg

Is he ducking serious ??? 

2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I cannot see them being allowed to adopt a child nor foster a child while they are living in that apartment/duplex.   Now if they were still living in the larger house, I could see where they might qualify as foster parents.  

Well cps just needs to see where they let the boys climb and just video them... they aren’t getting any kids they didn’t birth 

• Love 8
21 hours ago, Absolom said:

Huge corn dog, nachos, fries, AND a funnel cake?  It makes my stomach hurt just reading it.  

Does he go to school at the state fair or traveling carnival? 

• LOL 16
  • Love 2

That headline is super misleading. She did not confirm that they are anywhere in the adoption process. Someone asked:

“Will you be there to adopt and help care for the pregnant mom who you forced into not making her own decision? Didn’t think so,”

Jill responded with a “Yes” which is what  pro-lifers always respond with.  I don’t think they have any real plans to adopt. All the Duggars get asked about adopting and they all say “Sure! That’s always a possibility!” It makes them look good without actually having to do anything. Years ago Mr Trillium and I considered adopting, but the financial experience was more than we could afford and then we did have another biological child, who is a handful and we absolutely do not want to add to our family. I don’t go around saying we had plans to adopt. We briefly considered it and did some brief googling. I don’t think that counts at all as planning to adopt. I doubt any of the Duggars have looked into adoption other than thinking “We need to stop those poor babiez from being aborted!” If any of them has even googled “adoption process”, I’d be shocked. 

• Love 22

No way no how any agency would let them adopt a kid.  No employment and no $ for adoption. Isn't adoption fees like $30,000? If they get a relatives kid like J'Tyler aka no paperwork it might happen. Legally no way they will be adopting. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dariafan said:

Is he ducking serious ??? 

Well cps just needs to see where they let the boys climb and just video them... they aren’t getting any kids they didn’t birth 

They're not interested in any kids they didn't birth. This "'we will adopt,' Jill confirms" was just bullshit clickbait, or whatever the print version of clickbait is. 

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, Heathen said:

They're not interested in any kids they didn't birth. This "'we will adopt,' Jill confirms" was just bullshit clickbait, or whatever the print version of clickbait is. 

They're not interested in the kids the DID birth!

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Anyone else following the AMA on Reddit with one of Dullard's TAs?

Big, if true, that he's doing well in his classes.

Yeah he wants to open some missionary thing and be their legal backing. I think he has something going on with a local church where once he graduates he will work as their legal advisor or something. He also talked about how he’s related to a lot of people and how having a lawyer in the family could be helpful in the future (he made the big family comment before I realized he was a duggar)

Sounds like his kind of girft.

Sounds like Jill in't a bother and only came to 3 or 4 classes, and Derick is just  a brave jerk behind the keyboard. His teeth are jacked IRL, though. The poster also claims to have bought a car from Josh, years ago.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

They're not interested in the kids the DID birth!

Good point. I will amend that the Duggar offspring appear more interested in their spawn than their own mother was. Then again, Mullet had nineteen, and so far no Duggar daughter has more than two. (I leave Ofsmuggar out because she married into that fucked-up family.) 

• Love 2

I think that reddit is fake. The comment about Derelict asking "if roe v wade was overturned if women could get the death penalty for abortions which seemed extreme to me. He also said something about pedophiles and rapists being worthy of death. I’m sorry I can’t remember more specifically but I’d say very pro" sounds like something he read in an online forum much like this one. And unless I'm off on my Duggar offspring, there was no Smuggar baby girl five years ago. Isn't Meredith four this year and Mackynzie ten? Did Smuggar even have the car lot five years ago? Wasn't he in DC then? 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Sounds like his kind of girft.

Sounds like Jill in't a bother and only came to 3 or 4 classes, and Derick is just  a brave jerk behind the keyboard. His teeth are jacked IRL, though. The poster also claims to have bought a car from Josh, years ago.

I suspect that he'd have to be quiet about his opinions in law school. It would alienate him very quickly from faculty if he showed the slightest sign of bias within class. You need faculty on your side in order to succeed in the (very saturated) law field.

Being a Twitter warrior though... Ehhh... Not in his best interest but he's not the first law student or the last that would go on rants on Twitter.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I think that reddit is fake. The comment about Derelict asking "if roe v wade was overturned if women could get the death penalty for abortions which seemed extreme to me. He also said something about pedophiles and rapists being worthy of death. I’m sorry I can’t remember more specifically but I’d say very pro" sounds like something he read in an online forum much like this one. And unless I'm off on my Duggar offspring, there was no Smuggar baby girl five years ago. Isn't Meredith four this year and Mackynzie ten? Did Smuggar even have the car lot five years ago? Wasn't he in DC then? 

A lot of the posters have pointed out that it's against privacy laws to disclose his grades. I'd give it a 50/50 shoat at being real. Same as other similar posters claiming to work with them. With the knowledge we have, anyone here could've written that AMA (not saying anyone did, natch). 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

A lot of the posters have pointed out that it's against privacy laws to disclose his grades. I'd give it a 50/50 shoat at being real. Same as other similar posters claiming to work with them. With the knowledge we have, anyone here could've written that AMA (not saying anyone did, natch). 

It's against privacy laws. It's annoying as fuck every time I have a student ask me for feedback about their work because I don't have a "student view" on the software we use so I can't pull up their work on a whim and hide the other students' grades. I have to ask them to leave the room for a minute so I can pull up all their information and assignments.

However I've worked with course directors and colleagues that would spill that sort of information. I TA'd for a prof who used to just put the students' multiple choice exams in one of the lab rooms and told them to find their own exam booklet (that is if they circled the answers it definitely was a privacy violation). If they had an issue with the Scantron then he could go to their office and sort through the piles of Scantrons to find their own. That meant they had access to everyone else's answers, even if he was in the room. There was only one prof in my department that followed the law to the letter and the students got pissed off about it.

Stopping here before this gets too off topic.

It does sound generic but again I was wondering if anyone else was following. Just a bit of fun to break up the day.

• Love 3

It does sound generic but again I was wondering if anyone else was following. Just a bit of fun to break up the day.

The fact that they didn't answer the LGBT question is telling. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, JoanArc said:

The fact that they didn't answer the LGBT question is telling. 

Yeah I'm wondering why that one was left unanswered. Unless sexuality is just a Not Discussed Topic and people are lifelong bachelors like Lindsay Graham. How conservative is that school?

• Love 1

The Reddit poster has been verified by the mods there, so I'm leaning towards it being real. 

One comment that made me sad was the way they described how Derrick treats Jill: "She’s more bubbly and talkative and he corrects everything she says. Like “oh we really enjoyed xyz” and he’ll say “ what she means by that is xyz”. It's not at all surprising, but still sad to me.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, PikaScrewChu said:

How conservative is that school?

U of A is pretty liberal, especially by Arkansas standards, as is Fayetteville. It's definitely one of the more LGBT friendly areas of the state. 

Not to say homophobia doesn't exist there, but compared to the religious college I went to, the atmosphere is like night and day. 

I've been reading that AMA and found the poster's refusal to answer the question interesting. Also cant figure out what ph.d. program she's in that would have her being a t.a. in the law school. Not saying it wouldn't happen, just strikes me as a little odd.

• Love 4

Ugh accidentally posted this in the wrong thread. Now moving to the right one:

I am suspicious of the poster's claims about being a ta in the law school. If true, she's unusual and has basically outed her identity to anyone who was in that class.

I also call bs on her claim ferpa doesnt apply to her. That's bullshit, and ferpa qas definitely stressed to me and my cohorts when we were TAs at that university. As much as I hate to defend Derick in any way, he has a legitimate right to be pissed and is well within his rights to report this person.  

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, Zella said:

U of A is pretty liberal, especially by Arkansas standards, as is Fayetteville. It's definitely one of the more LGBT friendly areas of the state. 

Not to say homophobia doesn't exist there, but compared to the religious college I went to, the atmosphere is like night and day. 

I've been reading that AMA and found the poster's refusal to answer the question interesting. Also cant figure out what ph.d. program she's in that would have her being a t.a. in the law school. Not saying it wouldn't happen, just strikes me as a little odd.

It's a bit odd to see a TAship in a law program but I wouldn't rule it out.

I would be furious if I was Derick. But that's also accounting for if Derick is a normal human being. He might like the attention of someone saying he got an A in his program and he's not about to fail out of law school. *shrug* Proving the haters wrong and all that.

The better plot twist would be that it's actually Derick. 😉

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm not surprised he's doing fine in his classes.  Isn't the first year of law school mostly memorizing the dull stuff before you get to the good stuff in years 2 & 3?   He's learning HOW to do things legally, he's not crafting real arguments yet. 

And as he was the mascot in OK, he had to have good undergrad grades.  As nerdy as those mascot type guys can be, they don't get those extra-curricular slots for being marginal. 

Having book smarts & making good grades doesn't mean he's not a disgusting, narrow-minded weirdo that looks ready to implode.   

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 18

The AMA was interesting, but nothing too new or revealing.  I'm rather weirded out she actually told what grade he got (then deleted the comment)  Several people said they were reporting her to the university and she didn't seem to care.  As a rule of thumb you should never believe anything you read on the Internet, but with Reddit, I follow that rule without fail.  They claim she's been verified, but it's still weird.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

The AMA was interesting, but nothing too new or revealing.  I'm rather weirded out she actually told what grade he got (then deleted the comment)  Several people said they were reporting her to the university and she didn't seem to care.  As a rule of thumb you should never believe anything you read on the Internet, but with Reddit, I follow that rule without fail.  They claim she's been verified, but it's still weird.

Yeah, I am not sure I believe it. Not sure if it is a generational thing but why would someone risk their job/academic career to post an AMA Reddit? She also gave a lot of identifying details. I am sure Derrick will complain ( as he should, IMO, as wasn't the person a TA?) 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, yogi2014L said:

Yeah, I am not sure I believe it. Not sure if it is a generational thing but why would someone risk their job/academic career to post an AMA Reddit? She also gave a lot of identifying details. I am sure Derrick will complain ( as he should, IMO, as wasn't the person a TA?) 

Yes she said she was a TA for two of his classes.

I wonder if anyone informed Der about it.  There was a mention that the Duggars are aware of the subreddit. 

• Love 1

Her background also sounded a bit unicorny. Not saying it was impossible, but she was 23 and allegedly already had an undergraduate degree, a J.D., and was in a Ph.D. program, all with the career goal of teaching criminal law. 

If it is true, though, as I posted in the wrong forum LOL, I think it could be possible Cross Church is funding his law school tuition if the plan is for him to return as their attorney. That actually makes more sense in a way than him getting loans or hitting up his mom or Jim Bob.

I can't help but wonder, though, why anyone would select Derick for that. I know from going to a religious college that there are a lot of conservative Christian men who want to be attorneys and would be much more natural fits for it than Derick and without the baggage he brings. If I were picking a law school team, he'd be the kid nobody wants who gets left in the middle of the gym. 

• Love 19
14 minutes ago, Zella said:

I can't help but wonder, though, why anyone would select Derick for that. I know from going to a religious college that there are a lot of conservative Christian men who want to be attorneys and would be much more natural fits for it than Derick and without the baggage he brings. If I were picking a law school team, he'd be the kid nobody wants who gets left in the middle of the gym. 

Since it's such a huge church, I can't believe that there aren't already plenty of men already qualified to take a position like that.  If this scenario is true, I'm sure the church had him sign some sort of contract stating that he would serve in some sort of official capacity for a specified period of time thus guaranteeing them a return on investment.  But again, why HIM.  For all we know, Boob is funding this, since he seems to be the smartest of the sons-in-law (God know his own sons couldn't make it in law school - Josh once claimed he would become a lawyer)  Boob won't trust anyone he can't manipulate, he needs a lawyer in the family.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Since it's such a huge church, I can't believe that there aren't already plenty of men already qualified to take a position like that.  If this scenario is true, I'm sure the church had him sign some sort of contract stating that he would serve in some sort of official capacity for a specified period of time thus guaranteeing them a return on investment.  But again, why HIM.  For all we know, Boob is funding this, since he seems to be the smartest of the sons-in-law (God know his own sons couldn't make it in law school - Josh once claimed he would become a lawyer)  Boob won't trust anyone he can't manipulate, he needs a lawyer in the family.

Yeah it's a weird decision on their part, if true. And I don't think Derick is charismatic enough to BS his way into having Cross Church do it for him. 

I don't think JB is bankrolling it, though. I get the impression Derick is persona non grata after his little outburst got himself kicked off the show. Can't jeopardize the family cash cow, and that's exactly what he did. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, yogi2014L said:

Exactly. I mean, she said that she has a middle eastern name that Derick pronounced 3 or 4 different ways, but Jill got correctly on first try. That's pretty freaking identifiable!

• Love 5

For someone who claimed she didn't want to make it about herself, she gave so much identifying information, she would be easily recognizable by anyone with any familiarity with the department. I'm sure even Jill, whom she only met a handful of times, would probably be like, "Hey, I know who you are!" 

• Love 7
(edited)

The AMA redditor said she had a middle eastern name, and that, while Jill always got the name right, he always said her name wrong. I read it as it was unfolding, and at the time I was like, “yeah, that checks out. He’s enough of an asshole to not make an effort to learn not a typical White American name, but wow she shouldn’t have posted such identifying information.” But the more I think about it, I think that was a red herring (I think I have my logic fallacy correct). He spent two years in Nepal and one year in Central America. Pronouncing unfamiliar names wouldn’t be that, well, unfamiliar for him. Also, she said she had planned for a while to do an AMA. That seems like a really immature decision period, but especially for someone who has attended law school and is in a PhD program. It seems like the critical thinking skills would be a little better tuned than that.

ETA: jinx! We must have been typing at the same time.

Edited by Marshmallow Mollie
  • Love 9
Just now, DangerousMinds said:

Nothing like a lawyer who can’t pronounce people’s names!

I'm envisioning him more and more as Cross Church's version of Charlie Kelly, expert in bird law, and I can't stop laughing. 😂🤣🤣

Except Charlie is more likable and, sadly, even with his low standards, probably has better hygiene. . . . 

1 minute ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

The AMA redditor said she had a middle eastern name, and that, while Jill always got the name right, he always said her name wrong. I read it as it was unfolding, and at the time I was like, “yeah, that checks out. He’s enough of an asshole to not make an effort to learn a typical White American name, but wow she shouldn’t have posted such identifying information.” But the more I think about it, I think that was a red herring (I think I have my logic fallacy correct). He spent two years in Nepal and one year in Central America. Pronouncing unfamiliar names wouldn’t be that, well, unfamiliar for him. Also, she said she had planned for a while to do an AMA. That seems like a really immature decision period, but especially for someone who has attended law school and is in a PhD program. It seems like the critical thinking skills would be a little better tuned than that.

I agree there's something fishy about the poster. Even if everything she says is true, something just seems off about the whole thing. How do you advance that far in academia, in a position of employment with the university, and not know FERPA!

• Love 10

And I don’t buy for one minute that Cross Church is paying for him to be their lawyer. Surely they already have a firm on retainer. Between the church itself, multiple locations, the school, there is no way they are lacking counsel and are instead waiting around and paying for Derick.

• Love 23
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

And I don’t buy for one minute that Cross Church is paying for him to be their lawyer. Surely they already have a firm on retainer. Between the church itself, multiple locations, the school, there is no way they are lacking counsel and are instead waiting around and paying for Derick.

I wouldn't be surprised if they already had several attorneys in their congregation, too. 

Maybe Derick just thinks he'll be hired after lol

Edited by Zella
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

The AMA redditor said she had a middle eastern name, and that, while Jill always got the name right, he always said her name wrong. I read it as it was unfolding, and at the time I was like, “yeah, that checks out. He’s enough of an asshole to not make an effort to learn not a typical White American name, but wow she shouldn’t have posted such identifying information.” But the more I think about it, I think that was a red herring (I think I have my logic fallacy correct). He spent two years in Nepal and one year in Central America. Pronouncing unfamiliar names wouldn’t be that, well, unfamiliar for him. Also, she said she had planned for a while to do an AMA. That seems like a really immature decision period, but especially for someone who has attended law school and is in a PhD program. It seems like the critical thinking skills would be a little better tuned than that.

ETA: jinx! We must have been typing at the same time.

I can see Derick as someone who will intentionally mispronounce a person's name especially if the individual is a woman.  It's a power move.  He is trying to assert his natural male superiority and tell the person that they are not worthy of knowing their name.  If the TA was a white American male, he would know his name and pronounce it correctly.  

• Love 13