Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

It must be impossible to get a moments peace in the Dillard household.  Just leave him alone Jill!                                                

For real. If someone did that to me while I was trying to study, I'd go all sheriff of Malibu on their ass with my coffee cup. 

giphy.gif

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

The latest insta post has hilarious photo with Sam in the background looking TOTALLY like he’s cooking up an escape plan! Next chapter of his diary soon?

Scroll back to near the last third of page 897. It’s there, thanks to @mynextmistake.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

It must be impossible to get a moments peace in the Dillard household.  Just leave him alone Jill!                                                

I would be hard pressed not to turn around and say "Will you fucking stop hovering at my back and staring, lady?  I know you're there.  It would be impossible not to know you're there!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

90052324-5917-4C9F-AA2D-84B02C2BD079.jpeg

I don’t think “hard working man” means what Jilly muffin thinks it means. When I picture a hard working man, the vision is quite different 

Edited by nightmeri
Jilly muffin not Jill’s muffin which means something entirely different
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12

I like when she goes bohemian style. It really fits her. It’s definitely unique for a Duggar. 

But, she’s back to the old school mold by slicking back Izzy’s super short hair. Just like all those nondescript 4 or more boys in a row that Michelle had. 

Dreck reading that story is pathetic as always. The kid who is interested gets no attention. Meanwhile Sam gets constantly stared at and all attention is on him even though he doesn’t give a crap about the story. Put your arm around the kid listening, you dumb doofus!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I actually like all of those tops especially the last one.  I wish Jill would have posted a different picture for the second one.  

The last top is cute. I have one like it in black that I got at Target.

• Love 3

Dimwit Silly Jilly still doesn't understand she needs to showcase the clothes, not her ridiculous hair, not her cheap chipped manicure and not her desperate-for-attention son.

The clothes should be the first thing you notice, not something you have to struggle to see.

Edited by lulu69
Brain fart
  • Love 16

A57A5A22-B45F-4A08-8EA2-3C76B903A7D4.jpeg

Oven Fries

Mar 30, 2019 | Recipes | 0 

This is an easy recipe that my mom came up with when we were kids. These fries are a healthier version of the fried potato wedges you find in the grocery store deli. 

Ingredients:

4 medium potatoes, washed, cut into quarters lengthwise 

olive oil

garlic powder

salt

pepper

Directions: In bowl, drizzle cut potatoes with olive oil and toss in bowl. Place on nonstick baking sheet and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bake at 450 degrees for 20-25 min. 

Disclaimer: Recipes on this site are a collection of our favorites. Some are our own recipes and others may have not originated on our site and/or have been adapted from other sites.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 3/29/2019 at 8:14 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

I actually like all of those tops especially the last one.  I wish Jill would have posted a different picture for the second one.  

That's a cute, well-composed picture of her and Izzy.  They look like they might be actually enjoying each other's company for a change.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

What kind of help are the folks answering the text going to offer folks who perform terminations or have terminated a pregnancy?

Danger Will Robinson, danger.

To get all Jesus-y don't you know. You will get saved! Turn from your evil, sinful ways!  Or some shit like that. 

I actually like the tops Jill is wearing. And she's wearing jeans, and real shoes, which is a step up for her.  Izzy is adorable. I do my sons hair like that. I hate it when it's all sticking up. Or those stupid shaved on the sides, long on top cuts.  

Jill's oven fries.. *sigh* I've made those for years. Meechelle didn't come up with that one. 

@mynextmistake thank you so much for the latest story of Sam and Yaaay! I needed a laugh!

Well, back to cleaning the last closet. May is coming fast. 

• Love 4

Why do they always have to show the ticket? Like we are thinking they didn’t really go? 

Anna did it better by promoting the movie but saying that pro-choice people might want to go too. It wasn’t super judgy. But she did have four tickets, so I guess most of the kids had to go too. Urghh

Damn, Derick is unattractive! His old look and mouth was sort of geeky ok looking. Now he’s just creepy. Uh oh, gotta go, I’m burning the brand new idea for potatoes in the oven! 

Edited by EmeraldGirl
  • LOL 13
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, EmeraldGirl said:

But she did have four tickets, so I guess most of the kids had to go too. Urghh

Yet on JB and Me-Shell's post for the movie, they said those "14 +" should see it.  Where did they come up with that age specifically?

• Love 1
On 3/29/2019 at 3:07 PM, bigskygirl said:

Could you imagine working with Jill or Deredick? There is not enough alcohol, caffeine, cheesecake, chocolate, punching bags, etc. etc. out there to deal being around either one of them for a certain number of hours even if it was just for one day.

I’m behind anyone that will bribe me with cheesecake.   And brownies 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Anna did it better by promoting the movie but saying that pro-choice people might want to go too. It wasn’t super judgy. But she did have four tickets, so I guess most of the kids had to go too. Urghh

Yeah, except Smuganna put "pro-choice" in quotations as if there was no such thing. Might as well put pro-life in quotations too since she isn't really pro-life but pro-birth. When someone in the comments told her it should be up to the woman to choose she basically said it shouldn't because it's not their life at stake but the "beautiful unborn baby".Screenshot_20190331-192458_Instagram.thumb.jpg.63bde86f72928013e2af019892047ddc.jpgScreenshot_20190331-193055_Instagram.thumb.jpg.7b74f0bdddb433823295d722dee6916e.jpg

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Welcome to the verbing of the English language.

Come sit by me.  I once did a rage post against someone who used "cold" as a verb.  "My father lives in a state where it colds hard"  

No!

Just no!

• LOL 12
  • Love 4

Sorry I can't manage to "quote" a post with a picture, but if you go upthread a bit there's a selfie of Izzy that Jill posted, and my immediate reaction when I saw it was "My God that poor kid has messed up teeth!"   His front teeth look pushed in and the teeth further back  look slanted and pushed together.  (This is definitely Derrick's kid. )  Is there anything you can do when a child's teeth are that bad?  Is this any indication of what his permanent teeth are going to look like?  Because if those were his permanent teeth he'd definitely need braces.

• Love 3
(edited)

If it's not too OT here's a review. The movie was produced by the God's Not Dead people. You see where this is going. God forbid they watch Star Wars or Zoolander.

Cheryl—who shows Abby aborted fetuses as if revealing the lost Ark, an evil grin fixed on her face—lets the mask drop completely during a climactic scene. “Fast food outlets look to break even on the hamburgers they sell,” she hisses. They make money on fries and soda, “the low-cost, high-margin items. Abortion is our fries and soda. Abortion is what pays your salary.”

There are shots of blood pooling in the socks of abortion recipients post-op; an overhead view of Abby after her second (RU-486 induced) abortion, sprawled out in a bathroom covered in streaks of gore, as if she were the final-girl survivor in a slasher movie; and an actual abortion sequence. It’s the last of these that was the inciting incident for Johnson’s conversion. (Allegedly—her story doesn’t match the records.) She’d never been in the operating room before during surgery, but watching the ultrasound of a fetus kicking to not get sucked out of the womb freaked her out. For this image, Unplanned received an R rating, which seems overly harsh for a cartoonish sequence in which the rendering has the fetus’ hands grasping for dear life onto the uterine walls. 

I hope they didn't take Lauren to see it. One of these geniuses needs to faint and Instagram live it to really rack up the sympathy.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 5
On 3/29/2019 at 4:12 PM, BigBingerBro said:

Oh good lord, look at his hand in her Insta photo.  It reminds me of this scene from "An American Werewolf in London".

david.jpg.d88011f25d3360559987a1e050ae75d4.jpg

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Sorry I can't manage to "quote" a post with a picture, but if you go upthread a bit there's a selfie of Izzy that Jill posted, and my immediate reaction when I saw it was "My God that poor kid has messed up teeth!"   His front teeth look pushed in and the teeth further back  look slanted and pushed together.  (This is definitely Derrick's kid. )  Is there anything you can do when a child's teeth are that bad?  Is this any indication of what his permanent teeth are going to look like?  Because if those were his permanent teeth he'd definitely need braces.

I have a grandchild that had this problem.  As his permanent teeth starting coming in, the dentist fit him with palate extenders.  They weren't pleasant to live with but they helped.  He had braces after that and now his teeth look fine.

The way the Duggars love the dentist, maybe Jim Boob will spring for Izzy to have some dental intervention.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

I think poor Izzy has inherited the same oral/dental problem that Derk had/has.  Apparently it has something to do with the way the palate is shaped.  I suspect that Izzy will either have to have oral surgery or wear braces for several years in order to try and correct the problem.  I pray to all things holy that D&J have enough sense to NOT take him to the same oral surgeon that screwed up Derk’s mouth.  I know, I know...

Poor Izzy got screwed all the way around.

• Love 5

I would not put all the blame on Deredick's jaw and teeth situation on the dentist. Something tells me Deredick is not following his at home instructions when it comes to the care and health of his dental needs.