Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Here’s the video. Israel is interesting to watch in this one.

Izzy withdraws and looks like he's sucking on his thumb or hand. He also tosses Sam over to the side of the sofa to sit by Derick. Some of this sibling stuff is probably normal, but I felt bad for the kids. Derick was too busy performing for Jill's camera to notice them. 

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Izzy withdraws and looks like he's sucking on his thumb or hand. He also tosses Sam over to the side of the sofa to sit by Derick. Some of this sibling stuff is probably normal, but I felt bad for the kids. Derick was too busy performing for Jill's camera to notice them. 

And as Israel repositioned Samuel, (I don’t want to say knocked him down, but there it is) Jill never flinched with the recording.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, kbott925 said:

I just got into watching the show again. What happened to these two? Why don't they do the show anymore? Do they still live in another country?

no they live here they got kicked off the show because Dickwad went after Jazz with very bad homophobic statements and now he's going to law school.

10 minutes ago, sheshark said:

Izzy's does that same phony smile picture face that Josie and Meridith do.  Sam is starting to do it sometimes as well.  So rehearsed for the cameras at such young ages.

I've noticed that he has started to do a forced, scrunched-up-face smile that just looks odd.  It doesn't look natural and it doesn't look good.

• Love 4
Just now, Suzn said:

I've noticed that he has started to do a forced, scrunched-up-face smile that just looks odd.  It doesn't look natural and it doesn't look good.

But it does look "professional"!

• LOL 2
4 hours ago, Suzn said:

That's the smile for the camera face. Don't all kids do that?  

• Love 12
41 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

My very grown son does that, and now his son (almost 19) is doing it.  I always say to them "real smile please".  

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Yes!  I did it all the time and remember doing it.  I wish my parents would have told me to/taught me to smile more naturally.  There are so many photos with me with that squished face, squinty-eyed smile.  Come to think of it, my dad often took spontaneous photos without warning.  I'll bet he did that so he'd have some photos with my face natural.  LOL

• Love 4
2 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

yeah I have pictures of myself doing that. I haven't mastered smiling naturally on cue. I think it often takes more effort to try to make a natural smile when you're not smiling already. YMMV.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Sam is my favorite. He always has some kind of baby eyeroll going on for these pictures.

I do note that he looks far happier snuggling up to Tia Amber than he ever does with either of his biological parents.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Day 1183. I have become exceedingly frustrated by my continued captivity. The male guard spends most of his time out of the hovel studying human anatomy with Becky from the third row, so on most days I am watched only by the female guard and my fellow captive, Yaaay. Their insipidness is most vexing. Yaaay demands hygiene items as rewards for mastering even basic information, and the female guard continually writes blog entries that serve only to illustrate her ignorance about the basic rules of English grammar. Occasionally, we are provided with minor stimulation in the form of outings to a place called “Wal-Mart.” The female guard makes continuous comments under her breath about the necklines of our fellow shoppers while choosing her groceries by color. Sadly, she is still in her beige period, which means that our meals still consist largely of hardtack and oversalted gruel. I continue to attempt to make my escape whenever the opportunity arises, but I am still thwarted by my diminutive size and poor muscle development. Someday I shall break free. Until then, I will continue to use this journal to document my captivity for future generations. For now, though, I must once again secure it so that my captors will not find it. There is a pile of fashion magazines in the living room that I am sure the female guard has never perused. I shall place it amongst those until I have a chance to take it up again. 

Yayyyy! 🤣👏

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

OMG this book. A friend gave it to Mini Mistake. It’s horrifying. The ladybugs get eaten one-by-one until they all “fly away home,” which I guess means they go to heaven? I’m not sure. Anyway, it’s like a textual version of a snuff film for ladybugs. Even Mini Mistake, who is in love with the more violent volumes of the illustrated Christian children’s books my husband saved from his childhood (when we read the one about John the Baptist she refers to him as “platehead”) won’t read it because it’s so creepy.

"textual version of a snuff film for ladybugs" might be the best thing I've read on the internet all week. Thank you. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

I actually am starting to feel kind of bad for making fun of Jill. (Derick not so much.) I think she’s trying, in her own way, to be a good mom and wife. She’s not the most engaged parent but I do think she loves her boys. I honestly wish she’d consider getting a part-time job. Maybe start with something simple, like a cashier position in a smaller, low-volume store (like a Christian bookstore or something), and build up the confidence to try something new. Plus she’d meet new people — Jill always seems to be alone. Jessa and Jinger and even Joy seem to have friends, but we rarely see Jill with anyone but the boys, Derick or Miss Cathy. She might have been hoping to make friends through Derick’s school but I think she just doesn’t have anything in common with his classmates. 

She could always hang with "Becky from the third row."

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, mynextmistake said:

I honestly wish she’d consider getting a part-time job.

I think it is a good idea but heaven only knows what was pounded into her head by her parents and Gothard, that rules out any such possibility. Of course her headship is now Dreck who had a more conventional upbringing and may have no doctrinal objection to Jill getting a job. 

And I can't see anyone at the TTH being willing to care for her kids if she's doing something as forbidden as working a job. 

• Love 2

Could you imagine working with Jill or Deredick? There is not enough alcohol, caffeine, cheesecake, chocolate, punching bags, etc. etc. out there to deal being around either one of them for a certain number of hours even if it was just for one day.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Could you imagine working with Jill or Deredick? There is not enough alcohol, caffeine, cheesecake, chocolate, punching bags, etc. etc. out there to deal being around either one of them for a certain number of hours even if it was just for one day.

You forgot cocaine and weed lol. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

I think it is a good idea but heaven only knows what was pounded into her head by her parents and Gothard, that rules out any such possibility. Of course her headship is now Dreck who had a more conventional upbringing and may have no doctrinal objection to Jill getting a job. 

And I can't see anyone at the TTH being willing to care for her kids if she's doing something as forbidden as working a job. 

The Bates girls were raised Gothard too and they work. Erin gives piano lessons, Alyssa works as a cleaner, Tori works (or was working) as a teacher at a Christian school, Carlin teaches piano and is about to graduate from an (accredited!) college with an education degree, and Josie is a hairstylist. Plus most of them have their Instagram hustles with partners that are way more profitable than Citrus and Lemon. Even Michael Bates, who is probably the most Gothard of any of the girls, Bates OR Duggar, just announced she’s heading off to nursing school in the fall. 

If all the Bates girls, even the ones who have more children than Jill, can mange this Jill could easily pick up a shift or two in retail. I think Jana would babysit, and even if she didn’t, Jill could work on a weekend when Derick or Miss Cathy could watch the boys.  

• Love 18
3 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

She might have been hoping to make friends through Derick’s school but I think she just doesn’t have anything in common with his classmates. 

Agreed. I had a coworker who was a super sheltered homeschooler and his wife was too. I remember him talking about trying to take her to a work function, and her being absolutely scandalized by, well, everything--alcohol, his coworkers, the conversation, etc.

Even if it isn't that extreme, I'd think she'd feel really out-of-place at any of the law school functions. 

I had terrible imposter syndrome in grad school--hard to go from the trailer park to grad school LOL--and felt so out-of-place even when nobody was trying to make me feel excluded. In fact, people actively were trying to be nice to me, and I still felt like shit. I think even if Derick's classmates tried to be nice with her in a superficial way, she'd still be very uncomfortable. 

• Love 19
33 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

The Bates girls were raised Gothard too and they work. Erin gives piano lessons, Alyssa works as a cleaner, Tori works (or was working) as a teacher at a Christian school, Carlin teaches piano and is about to graduate from an (accredited!) college with an education degree, and Josie is a hairstylist. Plus most of them have their Instagram hustles with partners that are way more profitable than Citrus and Lemon. Even Michael Bates, who is probably the most Gothard of any of the girls, Bates OR Duggar, just announced she’s heading off to nursing school in the fall. 

If all the Bates girls, even the ones who have more children than Jill, can mange this Jill could easily pick up a shift or two in retail. I think Jana would babysit, and even if she didn’t, Jill could work on a weekend when Derick or Miss Cathy could watch the boys.  

How much of the Bates girls working is for television purposes and how much of it is real is hard to say? I question the Bates as much as I do the Duggars.  Piano lessons and cleaning houses have  flexible time tables than working retail,  which is good for working moms with lots of little kids. I doubt Tori is working since having the baby. As for Michael, good for her wanting to be a nurse, but I have a strong feeling that won't work out for her. 

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

They "decided to stop filming"? I thought TLC fired their asses.

I call total bs on their response to why they are not on the show anymore.

1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

You forgot cocaine and weed lol. 

They are part of the etc. etc. part of my post. Sassy also wants me to include not enough cat nap to be around either one of them in case she was the work place mascot. In her case, she might end up with a sore throat from growling and hissing at Deredick all day.