Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I was thinking Jill's shirt looks just like something my grandmother would have worn in the 90's. It is just not flattering! She would be better off modeling for 3130, because at least some of their clothes are cute. And I agree with the poster that said Derick looks like a serial killer. The pictures look way worse than her usual, which is not good if you're advertising something. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

That picture of Jill looks as though it was taken in 1975 with the ugly shirt and platform shoes. It also looks as though they live in Section 8 housing...

I was thinking earlier today that Jill’s life has become sooooo drab. She lives in a small, dark and dingy apartment, cooks drab, bland, beige food and just looks basically like Hell most of the time. Her life needs COLOR in all aspects. Can they paint the walls in their dingy home?  Can she incorporate color into her cream of puke meals? Can she look through some fashion magazines and see how clothes are supposed to fit? 

Guess not. 

I seriously think they do live in Section 8 housing.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

No masturbating while you’re waiting, is what!

Oooooh, ok, now I get it!  😁

57 minutes ago, Portia said:

.No mention of @OLDERNOWISER 's Servant's Heart? 

She really is in such a precious season of life!  💕

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 3/20/2019 at 1:03 PM, Zella said:

Lordy, I guess turning 30 has made him a philosopher. I turn 30 later this year. Maybe I'll subject you all to my wisdom in a lengthy humble-brag blog post to celebrate. 

Geez, I am turning 60 later this year, and I have never felt the need to share my "wisdom" about life.  He is going to be exponentially more annoying as an old man, if that is possible.

• Love 18
4 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

If I were Citrus and Potpourri (or whatever it is) I'd be majorly pissed off over those photos.  Dear Lord, couldn't they find a shady place to stand???    And what is that saying about wearing horizontal stripes??????

Derrick's squinting looks horrific!  Like a nightmare!  What was Jill thinking?

Jill's striped shirts remind me of the striped, cotton shirts I dressed my three year old son in decades ago!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, louannems said:

Jill's striped shirts remind me of the striped, cotton shirts I dressed my three year old son in decades ago!

My brother always called them Ernie and Bert shirts.  He hated them as a kid and even as an adult he refused to buy horizontally striped shirts for his son. 😄

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, louannems said:

I know exactly what you mean! My dad and his brother had to wear those shirts, and we have so many pictures of them wearing them on vacation!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

Geez, I am turning 60 later this year, and I have never felt the need to share my "wisdom" about life.  He is going to be exponentially more annoying as an old man, if that is possible.

Whenever people complain about a "crabby old person", I tell them they were probably  just as crabby when they were younger.

It's just as you get older, you let your crabiness fly free.

Now get off my lawn!

• LOL 18
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

41BE52AF-7607-45D1-96A4-A64A6C2643E5.jpeg

Jill and Derick both look like Black-Eyed Kids. (Warning: Do not let them into your car!)

(For those of you unfamiliar with the reference, here ya go: http://anomalyinfo.com/Stories/1996-ca-brian-bethels-odd-encounter. And for those wanting to read the original story written by Brian Bethel, go here: https://www.pararational.com/brian-bethel-the-black-eyed-kids/.)

Edited by graefin
  • Love 7

Can I ask why the fuck I had a dream about Derick last night? I've never had a Duggar dream and the first time I do, it's with this asshole. He was a chef apparently and was cooking breakfast for a bunch of people at some big hall of sorts. If you didn't compliment on how good it was, he would choke you to near death. I actually had to pull his hands off someone as they were turning purple. Jilly just stood there and watched as if it were a normal thing and ok to do. So then I figured this was a something he did all the time at home. Also, Spurgeon was their kid.

Edited by Madtown
  • LOL 16
10 hours ago, awaken said:

Oooooh, ok, now I get it!  😁

She really is in such a precious season of life!  💕

.....which is so surreal.

@Oldernowiser glad you had a nice birthday.  I love how you spent your day at the nursery. That's my kind of day.  I spent one Mother's Day doing the same thing & enjoyed it so much.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, graefin said:

For the poster who had been searching for the video of Derick being dorky on the trapeze-thing, I found the episode and uploaded the clip here:

Awwww, Ben was so sweet and diplomatic when he said that Austin outperformed him and Derick. Really, he and Austin outperformed Derick!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

A little late to the party but... Derrick's post made me feel really sorry for Jill (and I usually don't). I don't think what Derrick said about marriage is awful (except the part about Oh no! Dying single!), but it must be really hard to be with a guy who feels that way about your relationship when you're spouting #besthubbyever and #soulmates all over social media. Someone has to be unhappy when their views of relationships are that far apart. 

• Love 19
12 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

A little late to the party but... Derrick's post made me feel really sorry for Jill (and I usually don't). I don't think what Derrick said about marriage is awful (except the part about Oh no! Dying single!), but it must be really hard to be with a guy who feels that way about your relationship when you're spouting #besthubbyever and #soulmates all over social media. Someone has to be unhappy when their views of relationships are that far apart. 

I agree. I was actually on Derick's side with his viewpoint that people have unrealistic expectations of relationships. I can see this being particularly true of the Fundie set where women literally wait for Prince Charming and expect their lives to look like a Disney Movie once he arrives. They tend to marry based on an idealized image they have in their heads, rather than the actual flesh-and-blood person, warts and all. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, graefin said:

For the poster who had been searching for the video of Derick being dorky on the trapeze-thing, I found the episode and uploaded the clip here:

Derek is like a weak string bean. Austin is pretty athletic!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I don't follow the duggers much but this picture of jill shocked me!  Is it a bad picture of has she aged that much??

Yes she has aged that much.  It's a combination of diet, a nonexistent skincare routine, and being married to Dreck.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Jill needs to dump Citrus and Lemon stat... from her IG story this morning, please note the horrible sandals and the shirt looks like a shirt my mom wore in the late 70’s

F6BFDCCD-0F8F-4756-9240-B5EC4D4DB4A6.jpeg

What and have to pay for her clothes??

• LOL 5
3 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I don't follow the duggers much but this picture of jill shocked me!  Is it a bad picture of has she aged that much??

A bit of both, I think. She's definitely looking older in the past couple of years, but a photo taken looking into the sun like that will not only make you scrunch your face up into all the furrows you will have when you are 80, it will throw shadows which emphasize them even more.

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I've already commented on these terrible pictures, but I can't get over how they posted the most unflattering pictures imaginable.  Squinting into the sun, displaying premature aging and wearing clothes that are also unflattering - do neither of them look at the pictures with horror?  With no effort, just not facing the sun would have improved them.  I'm going on and on, but I'm shocked that anyone can be so oblivious.

• Love 16

I guess I’m in the minority here, but the pic doesn’t bother me too much.  All our pics growing up in the 80s looked like that, and I appreciate the simplicity.  It looks like an actual candid photo of a mom playing outside with her children.  What’s wrong with that? Maybe I wouldn’t post it, but it looks like someone (I assume Deertick) saw them and wanted to get a quick snap of the moment.  

I’ll take this over Jeremy and Jessa’a heavily staged photos anyday.  There’s nothing natural or endearing about retaking the same photo five times to get the best shot. The mere fact that Spurge knows how to hold the pose lets you know he’s going to grow into a sickening kid if Jessa doesn’t watch out.  

ETA: Everyone’s hair is clean, their clothes fit and match, and the boys are getting fresh air and exercise.  Kudos to Jill (can’t believe I just said that) for not sitting around the TTH all day.  

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
30 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I guess I’m in the minority here, but the pic doesn’t bother me too much.  All our pics growing up in the 80s looked like that, and I appreciate the simplicity.  It looks like an actual candid photo of a mom playing outside with her children.  What’s wrong with that? Maybe I wouldn’t post it, but it looks like someone (I assume Deertick) saw them and wanted to get a quick snap of the moment.  

I’ll take this over Jeremy and Jessa’a heavily staged photos anyday.  There’s nothing natural or endearing about retaking the same photo five times to get the best shot. The mere fact that Spurge knows how to hold the pose lets you know he’s going to grow into a sickening kid if Jessa doesn’t watch out.  

ETA: Everyone’s hair is clean, their clothes fit and match, and the boys are getting fresh air and exercise.  Kudos to Jill (can’t believe I just said that) for not sitting around the TTH all day.  

As I look down at the Black Dansko sandals currently on my feet, I cannot find any fault with Jill's sandals.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

But playing with 2 toddlers outside when you're wearing platform sandals?  Who does that?  

It's just a hastily posed pic with 2 leftover Halloween balloons and a vindictive husband snapping the photo.  Fail on both sides.   

• Love 14
59 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I think there should be something of a happy medium when it comes to photos destined for blog posts and used with sales in mind. I do agree that Jessa's photos come off a bit staged, and definitely agree that she needs to watch out lest Spurgie becomes an entitled brat. He mostly comes off as pretty sweet, but, as you say, he has already learned to hold the poses which bring the most attention, and is probably already quite aware that his face is a commodity in their circles. But I'd still rather see Jessa's photos than Jill's simply because they are more pleasing to the eye.

I don't think Jill necessarily needs to emulate Jessa's style - casual and bohemian seems more her vibe, and one which I honestly rather share with her. But even if her photos are going to be more candid, there's no reason that she can't review them before deciding what to post. At least she could maybe observe that the lighting situation is not doing anyone any favors and try another part of the yard, then take photos from a few angles and see what works best. With today's digital technology, there's nothing at all wrong in taking the same photo multiple times to get the best shot. Especially if it's bound for widespread consumption as a sales tool.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

Wait? What? What did I just read? Congratulations, Izzy on completing a (likely developmentally inappropriate work)book! In honour of this you shall receive... proper dental care? Whaaaaaa?

Was just about to comment on this!  WTH?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Jill's outfit looks really good on her, though, and her hair is up and neat. That's more than can be said for Jessa usually. (Getting toothpaste as a prize is weird, but to be fair, the toothbrush looks pretty fancy.)

• Love 14
Just now, graefin said:

Jill's outfit looks really good on her, though, and her hair is up and neat. That's more than can be said for Jessa usually. (Getting toothpaste as a prize is weird, but to be fair, the toothbrush looks pretty fancy.)

She looks much better than she normally does.  BTW on Jill’s IG yesterday I made the comment that Jill would look younger if she would cut and style her hair and that God wouldn’t hold it against her if she did so.  I didn’t think what I said was mean at all.  Welp, I got an ass-chewing from the leghumpers, and apparently I will indeed go to the bad place when I die. 😞

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, graefin said:

I think she looks cute in that outfit too. 

I remember as a kid and when I took my son to the dentist, after you were done you would get a new brush and toothpaste. I remember feeling really neat about that. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Both kids jeans are too long, rolled up. Can’t she buy pants that fit?

Being that they will grow pretty fast, they will probably fit fine in a couple of weeks.  I used to do that when mine were little.  Move buttons, roll cuffs.  Kids get to wear them longer and don't suffer high water pants as often.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Being that they will grow pretty fast, they will probably fit fine in a couple of weeks.  I used to do that when mine were little.  Move buttons, roll cuffs.  Kids get to wear them longer and don't suffer high water pants as often.

yes, there is nothing like buying a nice pair of kid's jeans that they can wear for about a week! lol! I have only one child so I had no one to "hand them down to". 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 1
Just now, libgirl2 said:

yes, there is nothing like buying a nice pair of kid's jeans that they can wear for such a short period of time. 

Grandson recently went through a fast growing phase.  Seemed like by the time they brought the new pants home from the store, they were too short!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

6 pictures:

This ad is SO much better than the other one. No weird ass balloons, terrible squinty faces ect. 

I think Derick and JIll are going to wind up divorced one day. As heavily as Derick fell into fundieland, All it takes is one good crisis and he can fall back out. He's not as trapped as Ben or Austin due to the fact that he IS somewhat educated and wasn't raised in the cult. It might not be until Israel and Sam are older but I can absolutely see it happening and Jill's entire world is going to be rocked. Jill should really do herself some favors and get an education now that her kids are getting a little older and maybe easier. 

I feel like Jeremy also has a higher 'leaving' potential, but unlike Derick and Jill, Jinger and Jeremy seem to enjoy each other and love each other. Derrick obviously dislikes Jill ( and Jill may very well dislike him right back but she doesn't have the self awareness to realize it ) and the second he decides Jesus might be ok with divorce he's donezo.

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

This ad is SO much better than the other one. No weird ass balloons, terrible squinty faces ect. 

I think Derick and JIll are going to wind up divorced one day. As heavily as Derick fell into fundieland, All it takes is one good crisis and he can fall back out. He's not as trapped as Ben or Austin due to the fact that he IS somewhat educated and wasn't raised in the cult. It might not be until Israel and Sam are older but I can absolutely see it happening and Jill's entire world is going to be rocked. Jill should really do herself some favors and get an education now that her kids are getting a little older and maybe easier. 

I feel like Jeremy also has a higher 'leaving' potential, but unlike Derick and Jill, Jinger and Jeremy seem to enjoy each other and love each other. Derrick obviously hates Jill and the second he decides Jesus might be ok with divorce he's donezo.

I can see that happening. When you aren't raised in a cult or a group its much easier to break away from their rules and restrictions than if it has been ingrained in you since birth. I don't see Jeremy leaving. I don't think he treats Jinger poorly and she looks very happy. He seems to have a sense of humor as opposed to Derick who's sense of humor strikes me as creepy. He might not hate Jill but I don't find a lot of happiness in either of their eyes. 

• Love 8
16 hours ago, louannems said:

I noticed he has really dark circles under his eyes.  If I were his wife I would make him go for a physical with a real doctor.  He looks super unhealthy.  It could be that he is not fed anything nutritious.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I agree a new toothbrush is an odd thing to give as a reward. I'm not sure if it's something Izzy chose on his own or was in need of anyways, but healthcare items really shouldn't be used as a bargaining chip for doing schoolwork. They're such a weird family.

On the plus side, Jill looks nice in that orange top.

• Love 10
17 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I seriously think they do live in Section 8 housing.

Absolutely!   They would pretty much have to since #besthubbyever won’t get a job and work to support his family.

1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Both kids jeans are too long, rolled up. Can’t she buy pants that fit?

Jill has to buy clothes 8 sizes too big so that they can wear them for a year or so.  “Sorry boys, daddy won’t work to support us, nor will he allow me to be on tv any longer,  so our limited funds must last as long as possible”

• Love 8
58 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

I think Derick and JIll are going to wind up divorced one day.

The funny thing is, I don't even think Jill would be all that upset. I think she'd gladly move back into the TTH, dump the boys on Jana and resume her former duties. I think she'd be more crushed over not getting her fairytale than she would over losing Derick himself. It seems like the only real happy moments in their relationship were the courtship and honeymoon phases. It's been all downhill since Izzy's botched homebirth.

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, Suzn said:

Israel's teeth don't look good.  I see either dental/orthodontia bills or neglect in his future.

Yes, that close up looked rough.  I thought she posted a photo of Israel at the dentist on her Instagram at some point but maybe I'm getting mixed up with Jessa.  I wouldn't be surprised if visits to the dentist for "baby teeth that are going to fall out anyway" are not in the budget.

• Love 2