Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

It is very strange that Jill follows him everywhere. 

Take everything I say with a grain of salt because I’m not married or partnered and never have been, BUT I don’t think it’s healthy to spend ALL of your time with only one other person; especially if that person is your spouse. Outside interests and friendships make you a well rounded person and a better spouse. 

It isn't. I've been with my husband for almost 9 years, married for 4.5 ( which is nothing) but the time I was trapped in the house recovering from childbirth with an infant was awful. I couldn't go to my hobbies/gym, work, see my friends ect. I only regularly saw my husband for adult interaction. I felt like I had NOTHING to talk about. 

Maybe this is why Derick is bringing JIll everywhere. Talking to somebody with no interests or brain cells must be really, really dull. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

What is the point of her hashtags? 

She is weird.  And, as I have said, trying so hard to appear normal it must hurt.

However, her children go to parks and playgrounds and outside the house activities.  Moreso than her siblings or their children. Like Jessa and her child husband.  And the unfortunate much  younger Duggar kids.

• Love 8

It looks like the marrieds take their kids to the big house ALL the time. Why don’t they get a homeschool group going there? I don’t know if we’ve ever even seen Josh and Anna’s place. All her kid pics are on trips or in that damn creepy house. 

Jill’s house makes me itchy and twitchy. I admit that I’m a bit of an obsessive homemaker. I love decorating so much that Mr. E wants to toss me for redoing rooms too often. Jill has no taste or even a gut feeling of what a pleasant environment is. As we can see from Kendra, it’s cheap to paint bright white and get a trendy sign that says Live, Love, Jesus, Papa, Spagetti Pie, Creamy Soup, Braces 4Ever, Missionary Sex - whatever. I know people have different priorities, but geez, it’s not that hard to clean it up! 

• LOL 16
  • Love 3

What I find perplexing is isn't that just a photo of Sam and Izzy? I mean, where are the much-vaunted friends if that's the whole damn point of the picture? 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 14
9 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

<snip> As we can see from Kendra, it’s cheap to paint bright white and get a trendy sign that says Live, Love, Jesus, Papa, Spaghetti PieCreamy Soup, Braces 4Ever, Missionary Sex - whatever. I know people have different priorities, but geez, it’s not that hard to clean it up! 

I would pay money to see them have a sign that said this.

Edited by jcbrown
words
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

What I find perplexing is isn't that just a photo of Sam and Izzy? I mean, where are the much-vaunted friends if that's the whole damn point of the picture? 

theres 4 photos in the post, but this is a screenshot! OP probs wanted to not post pictures of random children!

edit: NOPE im wrong! they're all of sam and izzy ok! my bad ignore me

Edited by allonsyalice
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, allonsyalice said:

theres 4 photos in the post, but this is a screenshot! OP probs wanted to not post pictures of random children!

I see that now, but they're all still Izzy and Sam, I think. I could see how Jill just might not want to expose her friend to that level of publicity, but why tag the friend in the photo in the first place, especially if her children aren't in any of the pictures?

It really does seem designed to just address people saying she doesn't have friends. Well, good job not shooting down that rumor, Jill!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I wonder how - and how well - the Duggar kids were taught table manners. Or how to set a table. Or what a dining table set for a special dinner at home could look like. 

Well let's see -

Jill snuck food in the bathroom to eat while growing up..

Plastic cutlery & styrofoam dinnerware are staples at the TTH even tho they have an industrial dishwasher. 

They seem to dine cafeteria style & sit wherever there is an open seat at the table.  I don't think we've ever seen the entire family sit at the  table that had been  properly set ahead of time..  

We've seen many of the kids walk, crawl or sit on the counters and table. Not to mention the kids crawling under the table while everyone else is eating.

Much to the surprise of Kendra & others,  adult Joe licks his plate clean.

Jill has recently posted a picture of how (poorly) she decorated their table for Dimwit's birthday. 

There was the time when at least one of the younger kids rode their bike around the dining room table (& it was a larger bike.)  I think the table may have been used for school & not eating at the time but either way it's not right.

So @Jeeves, I hope my post answered your questions.

Edited by Barb23
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14
19 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Well let's see -

Jill snuck food in the bathroom to eat while growing up..

Plastic cutlery & styrofoam dinnerware are staples at the TTH even tho they have an industrial dishwasher. 

They seem to dine cafeteria style & sit wherever there is an open seat at the table.  I don't think we've ever seen the entire family sit at the  table that had been  properly set ahead of time..  

We've seen many of the kids walk, crawl or sit on the counters and table. Not to mention the kids crawling under the table while everyone else is eating.

Much to the surprise of Kendra & others,  adult Joe licks his plate clean.

Jill has recently posted a picture of how (poorly) she decorated their table for Dimwit's birthday. 

There was the time when at least one of the younger kids rode their bike around the dining room table (& it was a larger bike.)  I think the table may have been used for school & not eating at the time but either way it's not right.

I may be off my rocker entirely, but isn't there another Duggar sibling who also licked their plate as an adult? I want to say Jessa, but I can't remember. Have vague recollections of a discussion about it when Joe was outed as a plate-licker. 

Edited to add: Google seems to be telling me he's the not only one who licks plates but is vague on who the other one is.

Edited by Zella
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, leighdear said:

And I really don't see the problem with Jill attending classes with Deertick.  Her coloring book & crayons probably don't disturb the grownups when they're doing their classwork.  With her education, and since she doesn't know what all those big words mean, I SERIOUSLY doubt she's absorbing a single thing.  Basically, it's like Deertick taking an emotional support animal to class. 

That's funny, but probably insulting to emotional support animals.   The only time I saw anyone's spouse in law school was during moot court competitions and graduation.  

• Love 15
On 3/10/2019 at 9:36 PM, Temperance said:

It looks to me like Derick is standing while Jill is sitting, but I can't be sure. 

No, I think they’re both sitting, with Jill being closest to the camera.  It looks to me like there are used plates and napkins on all the tables.  Think Jill made one of her delicacies for the entire class?  “Hey guys!  Buttered toast for everyone!!  YAY!!!”

• LOL 10
17 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

Maybe this is why Derick is bringing JIll everywhere. Talking to somebody with no interests or brain cells must be really, really dull. 

This is exactly what Derick wanted - a woman who would stare at him adoringly and love whatever he says. Well, he's got ti now. Welcome to the Twilight Zone, Der!

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Yep, @Barb23, you did. I'd like to think that the film crew and editing monkeys just brought us some chaotic moments in the name of entertainment. I'd also like to think that there were times when the cameras weren't there, that Michelle (or someone - Grandma Mary?) had some sessions with at least the older kids about dining etiquette, table manners, table setting, and the like. I vaguely remember something from one of the early shows, where JB and Michelle and a few of the older daughters had some kind of sit down nice dinner (at a restaurant?) and have a fuzzy idea that fine-tuning table manners was part of the plan. But, I could be delusional. 🤔

I think the sheer logistics of not only the size of the family, but the presence of many infants and toddlers, made for daily family mealtimes that were if not actually chaotic, not very orderly. That would be true in any large family. But I think that Michelle did only the minimum required to feed everyone - don't forget that this is the woman of the legendary laundry room meltdown. I don't know how much responsibility for family meals she offloaded onto the J-slaves-  but I bet it was as much as she could get away with. She couldn't let making those batches of tater tot casserole interfere with her joyful availability for JB's hey-hey-hey. Not a situation that's going to make for orderly pleasant mealtimes at home. 

And I absolutely loathe the Duggars for their nonstop consumption of one-use landfill-bound plastic cutlery and Styrofoam™ plates and bowls. As @Barb23 reminded us, they have industrial-grade dishwashers (plural) in the TTH kitchen. Cleanup after using real, reusable, cutlery and dinnerware wouldn't be a big deal. But, it would require some discipline and household management. The Duggar myth, of course, is that the household runs like a fine watch. But the reality is, nobody can be bothered to figure out dishwashing chores, so instead they are constantly filling up dumpsters with use-and-discard plastic. 

Edited by Jeeves
words matter
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Twopper said:

The only time I saw anyone's spouse in law school was during moot court competitions and graduation.  

Yep. That, and a couple of law school related parties. Never at school. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

I think it was Jessa.

Yep, Joe said he wasn't the only one in the family who did it (Kendra cutely replied, "I'm sure you're not,"), and went on to say you'd be surprised who it was, and then outed Jessa. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, graefin said:

Yep, Joe said he wasn't the only one in the family who did it (Kendra cutely replied, "I'm sure you're not,"), and went on to say you'd be surprised who it was, and then outed Jessa. 

I thought that came along with a disclaimer that Jessa grew out of it, though...?

5 hours ago, Jeeves said:
16 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Yep, @Barb23, you did. I'd like to think that the film crew and editing monkeys just brought us some chaotic moments in the name of entertainment. I'd also like to think that there were times when the cameras weren't there, that Michelle (or someone - Grandma Mary?) had some sessions with at least the older kids about dining etiquette, table manners, table setting, and the like. I vaguely remember something from one of the early shows, where JB and Michelle and a few of the older daughters had some kind of sit down nice dinner (at a restaurant?) and have a fuzzy idea that fine-tuning table manners was part of the plan. But, I could be delusional. 🤔

You may be thinking of their etiquette dinner. (Derick remarked that he was nervous because he just returned from 2 years of eating with his hands!) Jessa was instructing Ben in the fine use of a knife and fork........

Some pictures:

2A298410-A8BD-4403-8577-8FEA8AE1A3BB.jpeg

FD930EDD-3A13-4C06-A55B-32120FDA00FA.jpeg

F86F00A6-C4FB-4D8E-87E6-B9FDBF15FCA7.jpeg

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

You may be thinking of their etiquette dinner. (Derick remarked that he was nervous because he just returned from 2 years of eating with his hands!) Jessa was instructing Ben in the fine use of a knife and fork........

Yes, that must be what I was thinking about. Great find! 

And so sad when you see the table in that photo and think of Jill's "special" decorations for Derick's birthday. Not that she needed to do anything formal or elaborate, but, yes, some table linens and a nice arrangement of dishes, should have been the bare minimum. It's not like she didn't try, which as we've discussed, just makes it sadder. 😢

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Jeez, that pic of Jessa.  How do you NOT get a mouthfull of hair in every bite?  

Good point, but my goodness, that reminds me that she really was the hot Duggar daughter. Back then, anyway.

• Love 3
On 3/10/2019 at 1:24 PM, floridamom said:

I'm quite surprised and not in a good way. Derick is attending law school, not Duggar Academy. How the heck is it 'ok' for her to attend some classes AND a field trip? I'm sorry, but the other students have paid good money for their law school education and should NOT have wives, husbands OR any other non-student allowed to 'tag along' because they love their spouse so much they can't bear to be apart for a few hours a day. Whatever one says, extra people attending class and trips ARE a distraction and take away from the student experience. Sorry, Jill, the other students AREN'T PLAYING....they are serious about their education. STAY HOME, IDIOT.

DDD, get your balls together and attend law school BY YOURSELF and tell your wife to stay home and maybe de-clutter the house and scrub the stove.

I really hope someone complains.  I don't think schools offer twofers.  

• Love 11
On 3/11/2019 at 11:02 AM, JoanArc said:

I thought Papa John's but didn't want to say.

I do not think that is hers.  I looked at the crust again and it doesn't look like homemade crust.  I also spied cornmeal under the crust.  

19 hours ago, Zella said:

So she is calling the boys friends now?  HA!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 3/11/2019 at 11:39 AM, ginger90 said:

Mix with spoon, then knead by hand (or with bread dough mixer) for about 5 min., adding flour as needed until not sticky.

What's a bread dough mixer? I have a dough hook for my Kitchen Aid mixer - is that what she's referring to?

• Love 1

Bring your wife to class is the weirdest thing I've seen in a long time. I've been attending classes and/or working in a state college for 12 years. I've seen parents bring kids to class when their babysitting has fallen through, but I've never seen anyone bring their spouse to class. When spouses have come to school with a student, they hang out in the hall, library, or cafeteria during classes.

• Love 22
18 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

What's a bread dough mixer? I have a dough hook for my Kitchen Aid mixer - is that what she's referring to?

That is my guess.  I have one but I generally knead by hand.  I am not a bread maker but I have made tortillas and pizza dough.  Pizza dough is SUPER easy and freezes well.  When I have made pizza the crust doesn't get that color.  The more I look at it the more I think that is a bought pizza.  I could be wrong

29 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Exactly!  Theft of an education is something we are going to hear a lot of in the coming weeks!

"We were recruiting Jill Duggar for our bible drill team!"

I'd really like the UofA law to clarify their position on attendance. If I make a friend that goes there, can I come to class too?

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5

My ex once dragged me to one of his math classes because I didn’t believe his stories about the professor’s antics. (I was right, he was exaggerating.)  But it was a huge lecture class in a theater-style hall with plenty of extra seats; neither the professor nor the other students seemed to notice (or care about) one more person. If I’d arrived and it turned out to be a smaller class, I’d have turned around and walked out — I’d be embarrassed to interrupt a small class.

• Love 7
On 3/11/2019 at 12:37 PM, leighdear said:

17+ ingredients combined into 3 components, multiple steps and over an hour to prepare is not "simple" to me.  But then, I actually work for a living, so...... 

And I really don't see the problem with Jill attending classes with Deertick.  Her coloring book & crayons probably don't disturb the grownups when they're doing their classwork.  With her education, and since she doesn't know what all those big words mean, I SERIOUSLY doubt she's absorbing a single thing.  Basically, it's like Deertick taking an emotional support animal to class. 

An animal?  Ouch!  That's pretty harsh. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

An animal?  Ouch!  That's pretty harsh. 

If anything, it's an insult to the animal, whose parental instincts and innate ability to reason would likely be far superior to those of Jill's 😋

Derick was right about one thing, though. At the end of his stint in law school, Jill will probably know as much about law as he does 😂

• LOL 13
  • Love 10

I take a lot of classes at my local community center.  They are very clear that you cannot attend a class you are not registered for.  We have paid for the classes and the instructors knowledge.  Maybe a small child if your sitter falls through.  Any one else can wait in the hall or in the community room.  I can't imagine a law school allowing a non-student to attend more than once.  My husband and I went to some college classes at the same time.  I wouldn't have thought of attending his classes or vice versa.  We would wait for each other in the library.  Derick is nuts.  Jill I excuse a little as she knows nothing about life and her upbringing has left her very damaged.

• Love 18

Jill coming to class on a designated "friends and family day" wouldn't be weird, but it seems like she tags along all the time. Has she had some sort of falling out with her family? Jessa parks her ass at the TTH 24/7, but we rarely see Jill there anymore.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

She must leave the kids at the TTH  while attending classes. Cathy works full-time, so she's out as a babysitting option.

I know we’ve seen some photos of Jill in class or field trips a few times, but surely she’s not going regularly? They’ve referred to these events as “dates,” haven’t they?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, graefin said:

If anything, it's an insult to the animal, whose parental instincts and innate ability to reason would likely be far superior to those of Jill's 😋

Derick was right about one thing, though. At the end of his stint in law school, Jill will probably know as much about law as he does 😂

I may not agree with their lifestyle choices.  I may not respect their lifestyle choices and many of the things they do, but I can't get onboard dehumanizing them for it.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, beagletime said:

I take a lot of classes at my local community center.  They are very clear that you cannot attend a class you are not registered for.  We have paid for the classes and the instructors knowledge.  Maybe a small child if your sitter falls through.  Any one else can wait in the hall or in the community room.  I can't imagine a law school allowing a non-student to attend more than once.  My husband and I went to some college classes at the same time.  I wouldn't have thought of attending his classes or vice versa.  We would wait for each other in the library.  Derick is nuts.  Jill I excuse a little as she knows nothing about life and her upbringing has left her very damaged.

Isn't attending class THAT YOU PAY FOR but not required work called auditing?

Edited by jumper sage
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Ist attending class THAT YOU PAY FOR but not required work called auditing?

That's right.  Anytime I've wanted to audit a class the class had to be registered and paid for.  It was never free.  Heck I audited a riding clinic last week.  I didn't ride in it, but still had to pay a fee to watch and learn from the master instructors and riders.

• Love 8