Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Here’s Jill’s explanation:

67377AEC-9BE6-488B-852B-4947D36E98CF.jpeg

5A9F1200-E6BB-4404-A831-3EE301D609C0.jpeg

F438E3B5-5C2E-4657-948F-3CEC7FF49AB9.jpeg

What does a Duggar child tradition, that sounds like it isn’t even practiced anymore, have to do with a 30 year old’s birthday? They are so weird and desperate for attention. I can’t see why Derick would hop on the table, but I especially don’t see why Jill would take a photo and post it!! 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

CD37E98A-EEC2-4757-BEFF-F4B36842278A.jpeg

Look!  It's The Joker!  Is it possible to be less attractive?  Aside from everything else, that is not a natural smile.  It is a forced rictus grin.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Everything about this is just insanely sad -- and this is what Jill manages when she tries

The party decorations are ridiculous.

The pictures on the wall are insane. Jill simply has no eye for anything -- I've never seen a collection of dozens of small pictures haphazardly arranged on a wall that way, and now I can see why.

The table looks like crap. Does she really not own a bowl? Is it really necessary to serve the "big green salad" in tupperware on the dining room table?

Jill looks like crap. If this is a special dinner, could she really not bother to put on a cute outfit? We know that she has some reasonably cute clothes now -- are those clothes just for selfies?

I'm glad Izzy has some pajamas -- something his mother never had -- but it seems like he's never out of his pajamas at home. 

As far as sitting on the table goes, I don't object as much as other posters to the Duggar habit of crawling all over the furniture, but I don't get this. Is there really no place in their home where they can gather for a photo without sitting on the table? Are we supposed to think it's cute or charming or something? And, like all Duggar photos, there's a composition problem -- why does Jill need to stand so far away to get this shot? Why do we have to see all those peripheral pictures and chairs and  things? 

Jill tries so hard that it often hurts to look at her.

She is so tightly wrapped that one day I wouldn't be surprised that she starts screaming and doesn't stop until she is sedated.  The effects on her of her molestation by Josh need therapy she will never receive.

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

I would be grossed out by your comment, but it has got to be the lamest, most awkward sex ever.   Everyone remembers Derick dancing in Danger America. 

And him on that trapeze on the obstacle course during their guys' day out 😀

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

1F05BF7D-4926-4C75-A2CB-219482DD1F5C.jpeg

2B15C619-62B6-4A85-BDA3-CABEF3C35845.jpeg

AE5D924D-0E77-4161-A957-95781803D4F4.jpeg

Since Cathy mentioned past birthdays in her post, wouldn't you think she would have found some old birthday pictures instead of college graduation & possibly Derelict's first day of school? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Since Cathy mentioned past birthdays in her post, wouldn't you think she would have found some old birthday pictures instead of college graduation & possibly Derelict's first day of school? 

Maybe even pictures of him sitting on the table as per "old family tradition" which is apparently so meaningful that they had to recreate it now.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Suzn said:

Look!  It's The Joker!  Is it possible to be less attractive?  Aside from everything else, that is not a natural smile.  It is a forced rictus grin.

Jill and Derick are the most unattractive, oldest-looking "young" couple I've ever seen. They look like two people pretending hard that they don't hate their lives and it isn't convincing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
On 3/9/2019 at 12:15 PM, ginger90 said:

EEF21A3F-9629-4A20-8BF0-34E4B9363696.jpeg

Ok, I'm not sure I follow. Jill is going to his classes, correct? Then how does Derick figure he is "teaching" her? Isn't the professor teaching her? His response makes zero sense. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Lunera said:

#grandmahasthekids REALLY?

Whoever said he was gonna get laid is probably right 🤢🤮.

I'm sorry to offend anyone who doesn't like this term, but my first thought when I saw this picture was, "white trash." They look soooo low rent, and actually younger than they are for once, but in a bad way. I guess it's because they're photographing their super casual date night that doesn't need to be photographed for any discernible reason. I don't really like her smirk, or his nobody's there face.  Jill reminds me of an eighteen-year-old high school dropout who just got off her shift at her minimum wage job, smoking while smacking on gum, saying, "me and my HUSSSSBAND...oh my gawd, he's my husband now!!! We done got hitched at the courthouse last week 'cause I finally done turned eighteen. We git some alone time tonight because his mama be watchin' the kid we had at sixteen. It'll be so awesome when he finally gits his braces off, and when one of us turns 21 in three years so we can buy us some good liquor! Then we'll be doggone grownups! Since Mawmaw be watchin' the kids, he tooked me on a romantic date night to the subway inside Walmart after my shift. I'm a lucky girl! Then we walked around Walmart before comin' home to...ya know! Hehehe! We's so growed up now!"

They just look so, so much like people you would see at Walmart at midnight on a Friday night in this picture. Usually they can muster up some semblance of class, but only really low rent people take pictures like this and post them to social media, while bragging about how the kids are at grandma's (wink wink!). Here's a thought...it's fine to not be dressed to the nines in your own home, but it IS trashy to take a picture like this and post it with that caption! Leave at least something to the imagination! Annnnd maybe you would have had lots and lots of date nights if you had, idk, dated before you got married, or at least wait longer than 5 seconds to get pregnant! These two are revolting. 

Edited by Christina87
  • LOL 13
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Ok, I'm not sure I follow. Jill is going to his classes, correct? Then how does Derick figure he is "teaching" her?

He always has to keep the upper hand, make sure everyone knows he's smarter and superior.

• Love 13

6CB498A1-BC61-4AB2-A240-5ABB05C8CFD9.jpe

I just cannot get over Jill's proud stance in this photo.  "Look at all the work I did for best hubby ever's birthday party"!  And that pathetic unset table and the spaghetti pie. I'd say she went to no effort whatsoever, which is no biggie except why post it?  Spaghetti pie is more of a weekday meal and not a celebratory meal.  My husband and I rarely make a big deal of our birthdays, but we don't post about that either.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, louannems said:

6CB498A1-BC61-4AB2-A240-5ABB05C8CFD9.jpe

I just cannot get over Jill's proud stance in this photo.  "Look at all the work I did for best hubby ever's birthday party"!  And that pathetic unset table and the spaghetti pie. I'd say she went to no effort whatsoever, which is no biggie except why post it?  Spaghetti pie is more of a weekday meal and not a celebratory meal.  My husband and I rarely make a big deal of our birthdays, but we don't post about that either.

The Duggars have half-assed everything their whole lives. Even in being Christians they use the Gothard version of Cliff Notes.

She has no idea that most couples in their 20s do not celebrate like this either. Her decorations look like a DIY basement party done by 10 years olds prior to computers and printers.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Her decorations look like a DIY basement party done by 10 years olds prior to computers and printers.

You could not have described this more perfectly!!!! I am laughing out loud!

also, what's with Jill's safari gear? Is she leading some sort of wilderness experience?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Gah. I mean, I could understand Derick's point about learning by teaching if Jill quizzed him or helped him study. Or heck, if he taught her, like pretended to be the professor.

But Jill accompanying him to class or to a field trip...it's like they're conning the school. Educating two minds but paying tuition for one.

Edited by madpsych78
"they are" =/= "their"
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Gah. I mean, I could understand Derick's point about learning by teaching if Jill quizzed him or helped him study. Or heck, if he taught her, like pretended to be the professor.

But Jill accompanying him to class or to a field trip...it's like they're conning the school. Educating two minds but paying tuition for one.

You can’t educate the unconscious.

I agree completely that it’s bullshit to treat law school like an all-you-can-eat buffet on two-for-one night. I would have been MORTIFIED to have my husband tag along back when I was in school. It’s just completely unprofessional.

I can only wonder what kind of freak show his classmates think he is.

And I’m guessing it’s allowed because no one has ever ever ever asked before.

• LOL 4
  • Love 14

Is Jill going to follow him to work every day when he's a lawyer? Well, probably. Maybe they'd at least let her work with Derick! She could be his secretary or something. No...scratch that...she's too ditzy. Jessa would be good at that kind of work, though!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

That sounds so much like something JB would say -- and believe -- like somehow Jill could spend a few hours at law school bringing sandwiches and pestering Derick and that's somehow the same thing as attending law school. 

I haven't seen Jill doing any reading, has she? Of course not, she has -- at best -- the reading comprehension of a 6th grader. Do they think that Derick can explain what he's learning in law school to Izzy, and he'll have the equivalent of a law degree when he's six?

The least appealing thing about Jill (to me) is her insistence on "teaching" and "giving advice" even though she knows nothing about anything, and has zero accomplishments to her credit at 20-something years old. Allowing her to believe that she has the equivalent of the a law school degree is doing her (and us) no favors and Derick should just cut that shit right out.

• Love 23
37 minutes ago, awaken said:

Most entertaining 30 seconds on this show, ever. Period!  

So I’m bored, okay? So I tried to google Derrick and trapeze but instead could only find a Youtube of JB and Michelle yammering away (I assume, because I had it on mute fearing irreversible brain damage) while timing Bin/Jessa and Derrick/Jill climbing some kind of playground equipment while holding hands and wearing below the knee skirts FFS.

I am...speechless.

• LOL 10
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

It is very strange that Jill follows him everywhere. 

Take everything I say with a grain of salt because I’m not married or partnered and never have been, BUT I don’t think it’s healthy to spend ALL of your time with only one other person; especially if that person is your spouse. Outside interests and friendships make you a well rounded person and a better spouse. 

You're not wrong, it is sooo not healthy. But the sad reality is that Jill has no friends. Not one. She was trained to compete with her siblings for food, love, attention. She wasn't allowed to meet anyone out of the family, and so she was handed straight over to Derrick who is expected to be everything she needs. And he's clearly not, but Jill doesn't have any idea it should be so much better. I think she is achingly, crushingly lonely 

• Love 21
On 3/10/2019 at 6:33 PM, Christina87 said:

Is Jill going to follow him to work every day when he's a lawyer? Well, probably. Maybe they'd at least let her work with Derick! She could be his secretary or something. No...scratch that...she's too ditzy. Jessa would be good at that kind of work, though!

I highly doubt that.  How would she take selfies all day?  And being a legal secretary would require organization so that’s a no go.

I agree it’s not fair that Jill gets to tag along for free and bother the shit out of everyone. I couldn’t imagine my spouse following behind me while I finished my doctorate.  I also can’t imagine anyone in their right mind volunteering for the torture that was the Ph.D. candidacy.  I guess the jokes on Jill though for sitting through three years of college and not having a degree to show for it.  What a numb skull.   It never occurred to her to take two classes a week towards an associate’s degree? 

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
Years not tears..damn auto correct
  • Love 15
18 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I highly doubt that.  How would she take selfies all day?  And being a legal secretary would require organization so that’s a no go.

I agree it’s not fair that Jill gets to tag along for free and bother the shit out of everyone. I couldn’t imagine my spouse following behind me while I finished my doctorate.  I also can’t imagine anyone in their right mind volunteering for the torture that was the Ph.D. candidacy.  I guess the jokes on Jill though for sitting through three tears of college and not having a degree to show for it.  What a numb skull.   It never occurred to her to take two classes a week towards an associate’s degree? 

Jill won’t even be able to get an associate degree because I doubt she has the reading comprehension or math skills. Does she have a ged? Or did she get a Duggar high school ged?

• Love 7
10 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

The least appealing thing about Jill (to me) is her insistence on "teaching" and "giving advice" even though she knows nothing about anything, and has zero accomplishments to her credit at 20-something years old.

I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW JILL IS A CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL MIDWIFE. (Said with a straight face)

Does this mean Derick can deliver a breach baby?

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Christina87 said:

7 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

As it is typically structured, the job of legal secretary requires not only good organizational and people skills, but robust language skills. Including spelling, grammar, and vocabulary. Not to mention, showing up on time and working regular office hours, day in and day out. Not a Duggar thing at all.

• Love 19
On 3/9/2019 at 9:23 PM, cmr2014 said:

Everything about this is just insanely sad -- and this is what Jill manages when she tries

The pictures on the wall are insane. Jill simply has no eye for anything -- I've never seen a collection of dozens of small pictures haphazardly arranged on a wall that way, and now I can see why.

The table looks like crap. Does she really not own a bowl? Is it really necessary to serve the "big green salad" in tupperware on the dining room table?

Jill looks like crap. If this is a special dinner, could she really not bother to put on a cute outfit? We know that she has some reasonably cute clothes now -- are those clothes just for selfies?

I don't know if anyone else remembers what Meeeechelle and Boobs master bedroom used to look like at the TTH back in the old days but I recall an episode of 19K&C  where Josie had recently come home and the scene was in Meeeechelle's room... Her walls were covered haphazardly in random pictures, onesies were literally stapled to the wall along with balloons that were deflated and a handful of other random items were strewn all over the floor like an episode of hoarders. 

Jill grew up with this style of "decorating", that's where her "eye" has come from. I think what she has on her wall actually looks better than what she grew up looking at. Sad as that is.,.. It's only been recently that Jana, Jessa and Jinger started getting it together in the decorating / homemaking department and I think a lot of that has to do with their obsession with Joanna Gaines and Pinterest. I think Joy tries too but can't quite get a handle on it or possibly just doesn't care. The married in girls (like Kendra) care more about what their spaces look like I've noticed. 

• Love 11

Mediterranean Pizza

Mar 11, 2019 | Recipes | 0 

We’ve been enjoying a lot of homemade pizza recently. The boys LOVE helping me cook. Last time I made pizza I doubled the dough so they could each make their own little pizzas (they prefer cheese pizza) and they had so much fun! I think they also tend to like it better/eat more when they help make it.  This recipe is an easy one to make, and the dough doesn’t require a lot of time for rising! Simple and delicious! 

Makes 1 large pizza (8 slices)

Pizza crust:

1 T. yeast

1 cup warm water

3 cups flour (plus more for surfaces and adding later)

2 T. olive oil

1 t. sugar

1 t. salt

2 t. oregano, or Italian seasoning

Pizza topping:

2 T. olive oil

1 small onion, peeled and diced

2 T. garlic, pressed

1 (4oz.) can mushrooms, drained

3 canned artichoke hearts, separated into small pieces 

2 cups cooked chicken, shredded

spaghetti sauce (I use Hunt’s traditional)

3-4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded 

1 roma tomato, sliced

sliced olives, optional (not pictured)

Directions for pizza crust:

Mix yeast with warm water. Let sit 5 min. Add other dough ingredients. Mix with spoon, then knead by hand (or with bread dough mixer) for about 5 min., adding flour as needed until not sticky. Sprinkle flour on clean surface and roll out dough to slightly larger than the size of pizza pan. Lightly sprinkle stone or pizza pan with flour and transfer crust to pan (transfer is easiest if you fold rolled out dough on itself, then unfold onto pan). Tuck edges of dough under then poke entire base of crust all over with fork (to keep it from bubbling up). 

Directions for topping:

Spread decent amount of sauce over entire base of crust. Sauté onion, garlic, mushrooms and artichokes in olive oil, then add cooked chicken for last 5 min. Spread on top of sauce. Cover with cheese and top with tomato slices and olives (if desired). Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 min. Let sit for 5-10 min. before serving. 

Crust recipe adapted from https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/easy-no-rise-pizza-crust-169571

FCAC80A6-2C9A-4100-B9D7-1FD2A4413A48.jpeg

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Mediterranean Pizza

Mar 11, 2019 | Recipes | 0 

We’ve been enjoying a lot of homemade pizza recently. The boys LOVE helping me cook. Last time I made pizza I doubled the dough so they could each make their own little pizzas (they prefer cheese pizza) and they had so much fun! I think they also tend to like it better/eat more when they help make it.  This recipe is an easy one to make, and the dough doesn’t require a lot of time for rising! Simple and delicious! 

Makes 1 large pizza (8 slices)

Pizza crust:

1 T. yeast

1 cup warm water

3 cups flour (plus more for surfaces and adding later)

2 T. olive oil

1 t. sugar

1 t. salt

2 t. oregano, or Italian seasoning

Pizza topping:

2 T. olive oil

1 small onion, peeled and diced

2 T. garlic, pressed

1 (4oz.) can mushrooms, drained

3 canned artichoke hearts, separated into small pieces 

2 cups cooked chicken, shredded

spaghetti sauce (I use Hunt’s traditional)

3-4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded 

1 roma tomato, sliced

sliced olives, optional (not pictured)

Directions for pizza crust:

Mix yeast with warm water. Let sit 5 min. Add other dough ingredients. Mix with spoon, then knead by hand (or with bread dough mixer) for about 5 min., adding flour as needed until not sticky. Sprinkle flour on clean surface and roll out dough to slightly larger than the size of pizza pan. Lightly sprinkle stone or pizza pan with flour and transfer crust to pan (transfer is easiest if you fold rolled out dough on itself, then unfold onto pan). Tuck edges of dough under then poke entire base of crust all over with fork (to keep it from bubbling up). 

Directions for topping:

Spread decent amount of sauce over entire base of crust. Sauté onion, garlic, mushrooms and artichokes in olive oil, then add cooked chicken for last 5 min. Spread on top of sauce. Cover with cheese and top with tomato slices and olives (if desired). Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 min. Let sit for 5-10 min. before serving. 

Crust recipe adapted from https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/easy-no-rise-pizza-crust-169571

FCAC80A6-2C9A-4100-B9D7-1FD2A4413A48.jpeg

That actually looks pretty good. 

• Love 11
On 3/9/2019 at 7:23 PM, cmr2014 said:

Not to mention, does she really not own a tablecloth, or place mats?

I'm no Martha Stewart (Or Joanna Gaines) wannabe, but my idea of "setting the table for husband's birthday" would involve either a nice tablecloth or nice place mats, with something as a centerpiece. Candles optional but desirable. If not cloth napkins, the nicer paper "dinner napkins." And, no plastic bowls. 

2 hours ago, LongDenimFrumper said:

I don't know if anyone else remembers what Meeeechelle and Boobs master bedroom used to look like at the TTH back in the old days but I recall an episode of 19K&C  where Josie had recently come home and the scene was in Meeeechelle's room... Her walls were covered haphazardly in random pictures, onesies were literally stapled to the wall along with balloons that were deflated and a handful of other random items were strewn all over the floor like an episode of hoarders. 

Jill grew up with this style of "decorating", that's where her "eye" has come from. I think what she has on her wall actually looks better than what she grew up looking at. Sad as that is.,.. It's only been recently that Jana, Jessa and Jinger started getting it together in the decorating / homemaking department and I think a lot of that has to do with their obsession with Joanna Gaines and Pinterest. I think Joy tries too but can't quite get a handle on it or possibly just doesn't care. The married in girls (like Kendra) care more about what their spaces look like I've noticed. 

Yes, sadly, Jill's reflecting what she grew up with. I think that Lauren and Kendra must have come from homes that were decorated and maintained in a more attractive style than the TTH (and before that, the crammed ranch house next door to the church). 

I remember as a kid, my mother would insist that we lay the table, even for just regular weekday dinner, properly. Place mats, utensils placed properly, paper napkins in place, etc. We weren't rich, it wasn't fancy, we were using everyday dishes, but the food wasn't just flung at us in some random fashion. We used serving dishes - no plastic bowls or saucepans on the table. And now and then mom would roll out the really nice china and tablecloth and make sure that we kids not only knew where things went on the table, but how to eat properly. We didn't get a pass on good manners because we were just kids (obviously we were past the toddler stage, from age 5 on up).

I wonder how - and how well - the Duggar kids were taught table manners. Or how to set a table. Or what a dining table set for a special dinner at home could look like. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

I could do without using spaghetti sauce as pizza sauce. Not bad otherwise. Nice use of yellow, beige, and tan.

Wouldn’t spaghetti sauce be way too watery? The crust would be waterlogged!

• Love 5

I have to admit she does a better round crust than I do.  But I grew up 12 miles from Manhatten so I like a thin crust.  It’s good but never a perfect circle like Jill’s.  If that is hers.

• Love 3

I don’t think Jill actually knows how to set a table properly. Who the hell sets the table with the utensils already stuck in the food on each plate?  And, for that matter, why is she plating the food instead of allowing Derrick (and possibly Izzy) to chose the size of their own servings?  Is this because she has only had plated food (at the Duggar castle and in restaurants?) 

.... not even a dollar store placemat.... 

• Love 6