Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Only Jill and Derick can make home look so sad

I just keep looking at those pathetic little strips of crepe paper hung vertically with no rhyme or reason from the room divider. No festive swags, no...anything. Just a few random strips of paper. Why even bother? Could anything look more half-assed? I mean, I get that she might not be able to muster up enough enthusiasm to properly celebrate, but if you are going to  put it on social media, this looks like positively begging for some pretty cruel criticism.

• Love 18
29 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Only Jill and Derick can make home look so sad

Except for Sammy's cute growling face, lol.  (Sorry Izzy, I do think you're cute as a general rule, but that's not a particularly stellar picture.)

• Love 6

Two things:

I don’t think up close and personal means what Derelict thinks it means. When observing court, it is not personal in any way 

I laughed out loud at the gift bag or sign or whatever that said “Hooray” for Derelict’s sad little party. Maybe Jill has moved on and will now only say hooray.  Or she is preggers and Yay and Sam have a new brother coming named hooray. Or, my NyQuil is kicking in and everything is funny 

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Brown eyed girl said:

Derick’s Birthday dinner. 

874AD532-0A08-469B-A4A1-7CC3A23933A9.jpeg

What in the ever-loving fuck is that in the pan?!?! It looks like Lance Henriksen's android blood in Aliens. Except I think that robot gore might have been more appetizing. 🤢🤮

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 15
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

So he had an early birthday lunch yesterday, a birthday dinner today, and now needs an entire birthday weekend to celebrate himself?

Umm, yeah!  Cuz he’s #besthubbyever AND #bestpapaever  

It’s exhausting 

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
37 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Why was Jill in attendance?

Because she is going to be a lawyer by osmosis.

1 hour ago, Brown eyed girl said:

That looks like something my cats throw up.

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Boy, Derick & Jill sure do love themselves. That wall is covered with photos of themselves.

I've noticed that that seems to be a Gothardite trait--all decorations are essentially a celebration of themselves and only themselves. I recently rewatched an old episode (was feeling masochistic; it was the one where they were redecorating the guest mansion for Derick and Jill to stay in when they arrived home from El Salvador), and Jana and Jessa were having an argument over art on the walls. Jana had hung generic art on one of the walls for the color they brought to the room; Jessa took it upon herself to replace the pieces with photos of the family because "those have nothing to do with us." (Why does *everything* have to be about them?) In the end, Jana managed to win out.

It wouldn't even occur to me to adorn every inch of my house with photos of myself or my family, but I guess when you have no interests besides yourselves or Jesus . . . <shrug>

• Love 22
8 minutes ago, graefin said:

I've noticed that that seems to be a Gothardite trait--all decorations are essentially a celebration of themselves and only themselves.

Along with the occasional shrine to Confederate war "heroes".

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
(edited)

I don't have an issue with the Olive Garden seating arrangements.  The table isn't that huge and Deralickt could easily reach his long monkey arms across to the kid's plate and cut his food or feed him or whatever. The kids didn't appear in any distress, so I don't get the "poor thing" comments.  I'm not defending these people, but if the kid needed assistance, I'm sure one of the parents could easily switch sides.  

They won't be winning any home decor awards, that's for sure.  I'm surprised Jana "Joanna" Gains-Duggar hasn't been conscripted to come over and redo the home on the Duggar dime.

Deralickt should be much heavier based on the food Jilly feeds him.  Tapeworm from scary America?

Edited by BigBingerBro
I forgot something
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Looks like a birthday in prison...

4 hours ago, floridamom said:

Boy, Derick & Jill sure do love themselves. That wall is covered with photos of themselves.

Those poor little boys. Jill's house is still a mess.

Not to mention it looks like there is a picture of Smuggar in the separate brown/gold frame.  Nothing like looking at your molester brother 24/7.

• Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, Brown eyed girl said:

It REALLY looks like she's trolling us by slapping together the most unappetizing, stereotypical stuff (canned soup mush and pasta...basically all they eat)!!! But alas, I don't think she's smart enough for that. Poor Jill. And her poor family, having to eat this! I do think the spaghetti pie is the first dish of theirs I would try if I had to eat one of them, and maybe the finished product looks better, but this picture looks...unappetizing, to say the least. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, graefin said:

I've noticed that that seems to be a Gothardite trait--all decorations are essentially a celebration of themselves and only themselves. I recently rewatched an old episode (was feeling masochistic; it was the one where they were redecorating the guest mansion for Derick and Jill to stay in when they arrived home from El Salvador), and Jana and Jessa were having an argument over art on the walls. Jana had hung generic art on one of the walls for the color they brought to the room; Jessa took it upon herself to replace the pieces with photos of the family because "those have nothing to do with us." (Why does *everything* have to be about them?) In the end, Jana managed to win out.

It wouldn't even occur to me to adorn every inch of my house with photos of myself or my family, but I guess when you have no interests besides yourselves or Jesus . . . <shrug>

I used to get profession pics of my kids every year. Every time they would try and sell me giant canvas prints of them. I finally told them, please stop, I live with my kids and don't need practically life-sized portraits of them adorning my walls.

They just stared at me like I was an awful parent.

• LOL 18
(edited)

Here’s the recipe for Spaghetti pie just in case you want to make it for your hubby tonight. You’ll be the #bestwifeyever. 

Jill didn’t cook it Cathy did. Where are the spices and garlic? The sauce is just tomato paste and water. 🤢. At least she could’ve served a salad and garlic bread with that mess. 

C4947EF1-E593-4BE8-9A06-E2562833FEEE.jpeg

C95A6B52-9C11-4631-BE16-B0B9A8E47906.jpeg

73C6F9FC-5447-4EC5-910D-192F1416E2D8.jpeg

Edited by Brown eyed girl
Cathy cooked this mess , not Jill.
  • LOL 2

Is it just me or are the proportions way off? That’s some intense tomatoeyness for only six ounces of spaghetti and that’s a ton of sour cream and sausage. It wouldn’t surprise me if the sour cream curdled with that much acid from the tomato paste. 

But hey, I’m a heathen. What do I know from God’s special peoples’ casseroles.

• LOL 7
  • Love 9

This is the saddest dirty thirty I’ve seen.  I wonder if Jill was feeling passive aggressive when she put that Pathetic balloons and streamers up.  Or, better question, does she ever not feel passive aggressive?

Der  is such an ass. “When we get to see each other” -  dude, you live together, practically on top of each other 24/7,  and have no outside friendships. You’re joined at the hip!  It’s OK not to see your spouse for eight or 12 hours a day. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
34 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Der  is such an ass. “When we get to see each other” -  dude, you live together, practically on top of each other 24/7,  and have no outside friendships. 

He left out “without those messy noisy small humanoids around” after “when we get to see each other.”

But that’s his implication. Just guessing but not.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

My law school never had “field trips”. I just find that weird. 

That hovel sure is a huge come down from the first house Jill and Derrick lived in.  I guess she’s not Jimbob’s favorite anymore. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

I guess she’s not Jimbob’s favorite anymore. 

I think he's really pissed at Derick and that has won out over his fondness for Jill. I'm sure he still loves her (Jim Bob, unlike Michelle, does seem to have some sort of affection for his children), but he has probably stopped indulging her, since any generosity to her also benefits Derick.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I think he's really pissed at Derick and that has won out over his fondness for Jill. I'm sure he still loves her (Jim Bob, unlike Michelle, does seem to have some sort of affection for his children), but he has probably stopped indulging her, since any generosity to her also benefits Derick.

I think it's more the other way around -- Derick doesn't want any more of his in-laws largess. Those houses aren't "free" and they aren't even cheap -- they come with thick, heavy, binding strings attached.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

My law school never had “field trips”. I just find that weird. 

That hovel sure is a huge come down from the first house Jill and Derrick lived in.  I guess she’s not Jimbob’s favorite anymore. 

I took a field trip in Law School to a maximum security prison (for my Crime, Punishment and Social theory class). 

• Love 3

Happy 30th Birthday Derick!

Mar 9, 2019 | Family Blog, Photos | 0 

Just wanted to hop on here real quick and say happy birthday to the man of my dreams! We enjoyed a sweet little family dinner last night with Derick’s favorite spaghetti pie and a movie, a fun breakfast with donuts this morning, and we are planning to spend the evening together (he’s having to study this afternoon  ) while Derick’s mom has the boys. 

Babe, I’m blessed beyond measure by you and I realize this even more the longer we’re married! ❤️

98EC12D6-62F5-4E6C-9F48-0C8F987BEADE.jpeg

69B410F7-65D9-4F6D-8B8D-EC6EC104D715.jpeg

6CB498A1-BC61-4AB2-A240-5ABB05C8CFD9.jpeg

435C1CF7-F8C0-40F8-91B0-53D9AB3D4539.jpeg

A5169B9E-EC98-4415-BA2E-4FAE59D85CF5.jpeg

• LOL 2

That’s just....the saddest birthday spread. What’s that picture of three kids, Der as a child? Nice green salad. Jesus Jill, go on Pinterest and learn how to set a freaking table. I know you’re in law school by proxy, but try to find an hour in your busy day for style.

Did Jill make a handmade Netflix ‘n Chill card for him? Old popcorn? A store bought cake? I’d rather my spouse forget my birthday than drop something like this on me. In fairness to Jill, birthdays were a biweekly event in her home, so I can see her not getting it. Now Der should call Cath and point out how she risked her life to have him.

• LOL 11
  • Love 6

Those handmade signs wouldn’t be so sad if they were colored by the kids and something they came up with on their own, not a woman in their 20’s. I can’t picture myself sitting at home coloring signs for my husband. We’re both grown ass adults. 

The worst part of all of all of this is they have been celebrating #besthubbyever #lawstudent for days, and their kids get an afternoon. 

• Love 13
59 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Well, someone is having sex tonight! 

I would be grossed out by your comment, but it has got to be the lamest, most awkward sex ever.   Everyone remembers Derick dancing in Danger America.

• LOL 15

Everything about this is just insanely sad -- and this is what Jill manages when she tries

The party decorations are ridiculous.

The pictures on the wall are insane. Jill simply has no eye for anything -- I've never seen a collection of dozens of small pictures haphazardly arranged on a wall that way, and now I can see why.

The table looks like crap. Does she really not own a bowl? Is it really necessary to serve the "big green salad" in tupperware on the dining room table?

Jill looks like crap. If this is a special dinner, could she really not bother to put on a cute outfit? We know that she has some reasonably cute clothes now -- are those clothes just for selfies?

I'm glad Izzy has some pajamas -- something his mother never had -- but it seems like he's never out of his pajamas at home. 

As far as sitting on the table goes, I don't object as much as other posters to the Duggar habit of crawling all over the furniture, but I don't get this. Is there really no place in their home where they can gather for a photo without sitting on the table? Are we supposed to think it's cute or charming or something? And, like all Duggar photos, there's a composition problem -- why does Jill need to stand so far away to get this shot? Why do we have to see all those peripheral pictures and chairs and  things? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Is there really no place in their home where they can gather for a photo without sitting on the table?

Probably the only place that was clean enough for a photo. 🙃

• Love 8
3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

That’s just....the saddest birthday spread. What’s that picture of three kids, Der as a child? Nice green salad. Jesus Jill, go on Pinterest and learn how to set a freaking table. I know you’re in law school by proxy, but try to find an hour in your busy day for style.

Did Jill make a handmade Netflix ‘n Chill card for him? Old popcorn? A store bought cake? I’d rather my spouse forget my birthday than drop something like this on me. In fairness to Jill, birthdays were a biweekly event in her home, so I can see her not getting it. Now Der should call Cath and point out how she risked her life to have him.

🙄🤣 the D-man really has gone full Duggar, hasn't he?  It's enough to have the Duggars espousing this idiocy... remember when folks were hoping and thinking that he had enough awareness to know that "Jill teaching the kids at Playskool" was going to lead to grown-up morons? 

On the other hand, if Barnacle Jill really does accompany him to every class and outing, you can see where he's getting the impression that she'll know everything he does...

18 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

As far as sitting on the table goes, I don't object as much as other posters to the Duggar habit of crawling all over the furniture, but I don't get this. Is there really no place in their home where they can gather for a photo without sitting on the table? Are we supposed to think it's cute or charming or something? And, like all Duggar photos, there's a composition problem -- why does Jill need to stand so far away to get this shot? Why do we have to see all those peripheral pictures and chairs and  things? 

Well, thanks to @ginger90's post we now know the answer to this question, though to that I say; What in the world?  (For my own part, I was about to guess that Jill doesn't know about composition, because for about 5 years now she's had to worry about fitting 45 people in a picture; and she probably doesn't understand Burst mode or whatever its successor is.)  

We saw Sammy using his Rube Goldberg creation to surmount and crawl around on the table; and them laughing about it.  We've also seen and/or heard about countless cases of young folks crawling around on furniture at the TTH.  They really expect us to believe now that disrespecting furniture was a "special Duggar treat"? 

I'm waiting to see Jessa, Jinger, et al weighing in on the comments section, because gurl, really?

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Here’s Jill’s explanation:

67377AEC-9BE6-488B-852B-4947D36E98CF.jpeg

5A9F1200-E6BB-4404-A831-3EE301D609C0.jpeg

F438E3B5-5C2E-4657-948F-3CEC7FF49AB9.jpeg

Idiots, the lot of them. As a birthday treat, kids, please put your ass and filthy feet on the surface where we eat. Yay! These people are so dim.

Edited by jcbrown
additional shade to throw
  • LOL 15
  • Love 5