Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, awaken said:

I read to my kids in utero, daily their entire lives from birth, as well as having a house full of books and being a voracious reader myself, and both of us have graduate degrees- and two of my three are delayed readers who struggle to be at grade level.  So it's not just how great a job one does as a parent or how well they're taught...sometimes they just are who they are and develop at their own pace despite our best efforts. 

I am 6 and 7 years older than my 2 sisters.  I loved to play "school" with them and did so all the time.  I made homemade flash cards and taught them their alphabet and blends.  I went to Catholic school so I was very strict with them!  (A bully)!  By age 3, the littlest sister was reading, and by 4, she was reading newspapers.  Of course, she did not comprehend the newspaper.  

The other sister, a year older, could not read until first grade.  Relatives from our huge family would forever be coming over to see "the smart one" read.  Pour Laura, who couldn't read till first grade, like me.

Also, the "smart one" was skipped up to second grade the first week of her first grade.  So both sisters were always in the same grade.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Jill's plate is empty and Dillweed's is full. Is that his second helping of all you can eat something or does he not really eat?  Izzy not wearing a bib?

That was the first thing I noticed. I guess Jill eats prison-style after years of fighting her siblings for scraps of food.

• Love 8
23 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Thank you!  I always forget about what that stuff was called.  It really reminds me of a better made LuLaRo.  Not that you wore crazy patterns together but that shirts were tied similarly and it was a thing.  

OMG, I loved Units! I remember I had an outfit from there that I traveled to Germany wearing. Long black skirt, off the shoulder black top with a purple sash/belt. It was so comfy. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

If I sit on the same side as you and make a cutesy hand heart that shows my love for chocolate,

"my love for food that isn't beige, or cooked by you"

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

Sam's expression in the first pic is priceless. He looks like he is communicating, "Get me out of here!" 

Izzy's expression in the third pic is also cute. 

I don't get why Jill and Derick have to sit on the same side, across from Izzy. 

2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

That was the first thing I noticed. I guess Jill eats prison-style after years of fighting her siblings for scraps of food.

Well, we don't know what point in the meal they took the picture. The fact that Derick's plate was full was more telling to me than the fact that Jill's was empty. But, it is possible that he had seconds on his plate.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

Sam's expression in the first pic is priceless. He looks like he is communicating, "Get me out of here!" 

Izzy's expression in the third pic is also cute. 

I don't get why Jill and Derick have to sit on the same side, across from Izzy. 

Well, we don't know what point in the meal they took the picture. The fact that Derick's plate was full was more telling to me than the fact that Jill's was empty. But, it is possible that he had seconds on his plate.

I think they have a never ending stuffed pasta deal going on, so yes it could have been his second or third plate. Jill's plate looks like it has salad scraps on and there is a bowl of soup. She might have done soup and salad which is the only thing I eat at OG. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

After hearing Jill talk about going to the bathroom to eat when she was still at home, I bet she does have some very dysfunctional eating habits. I have never broken myself from scarfing down my food like it was a race after a few years of working jobs where I didn't have a lunchbreak and just had to eat as quickly as possible while still on the clock. Can't imagine the effect of being raised in the Duggar circus and fighting with over a dozen people for a bite to eat every damn day. 

• Love 15
7 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Jill's plate is empty and Dillweed's is full. Is that his second helping of all you can eat something or does he not really eat?  Izzy not wearing a bib?

And no parent sitting beside him to help if needed.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, mimionthebeach said:

I found that weird. Poor little guy sitting all by himself. He's only 3, ffs. It really won't spoil him if he gets to sit beside a parent when they go out. Jill and Dumbass can canoodle later. 

Damn. Now I'm all pissed with these stupid, lousy parents and they're not worth my energy. 

When I was 3 yrs,  9 months old, I visited kindergarten.  Back in 1956, we had an early version of 4 and 5K in public schools.  I started 4K, then known as morning K at 3 and turned 4 three weeks later.  I didn't need mommy and daddy sitting next to me for anything at 3.  Nor did I need a bib.  

I despise all things Duggars most of the time, but sometimes they just might be helping more than hurting.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

When I was 3 yrs,  9 months old, I visited kindergarten.  Back in 1956, we had an early version of 4 and 5K in public schools.  I started 4K, then known as morning K at 3 and turned 4 three weeks later.  I didn't need mommy and daddy sitting next to me for anything at 3.  Nor did I need a bib.  

I despise all things Duggars most of the time, but sometimes they just might be helping more than hurting.

It's not so much that he needs someone beside him. He just looks so small and all alone on the bench while mommy and daddy are cuddled up on the other side. Even Sam in his high chair is close to Jill. He looks excluded. 

• Love 17
21 minutes ago, mimionthebeach said:

He just looks so small and all alone on the bench while mommy and daddy are cuddled up on the other side.

Jill learned from Jim Bob and Michelle's example. When you're out in public, you and your spouse must put on a big show of being deeply in loooove, so that everyone can see how blessed and perfect your marriage is. The kids aren't important, they can fend for themselves.

• Love 24
3 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

If the picture had been just Jill with the boys, with Sam in the high chair and Izzy sitting across from her, I wouldn't care. The point is not so much that Izzy is sitting by himself, but more that Jill and Derick, the parents, are insistent about sitting next to each other all the time in public places, even with very small children.

• Love 18
13 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

If the picture had been just Jill with the boys, with Sam in the high chair and Izzy sitting across from her, I wouldn't care. The point is not so much that Izzy is sitting by himself, but more that Jill and Derick, the parents, are insistent about sitting next to each other all the time in public places, even with very small children.

If I were Jill, I'd probably enjoy Derick sitting with the kids while I got to sit alone for a change and enjoy my meal 

• Love 12
30 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

If I were Jill, I'd probably enjoy Derick sitting with the kids while I got to sit alone for a change and enjoy my meal 

But how else would everyone know just how in LUUUUUV they are????

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, graefin said:

Jill and Derick sitting next to each other while the kids are on their own should surprise exactly no one.

1. Jill's stated on her Instagram that she and Derick always ask to sit next to each other when they go out to eat, even if it means the waitress has to reseat them.

2. They do the same thing when they eat at home (adults on one side; kids on opposite ends).

3. Michelle has said in the past on the show that this is the example she and JB purposed (see what I did there?) to set for their children--the marriage relationship comes first, and then the parent/child relationships next. According to Michelle's logic, she was married before she had children, so she tends to JB's needs before those of her kids.

4. They are crap-ass parents.

This is so dumb!!! I think it's strange to sit on the same side while on a date, but if they want to do it, fine. They shouldn't make the waitress reseat them, though. They also should each sit with one small child when they go out! I completely support keeping your marriage #1 and family #2, but this is taking it to a RIDICULOUS extreme. 

• Love 17
30 minutes ago, louannems said:

I have never seen families with young children sit like this in restaurants.  Ever.  And Jill and Derick do it all the time.

A part of me wants to know what I am doing wrong because there is no way on God’s green earth my three year old would have stayed put.......but then I remember these are the Pearl devotees 😬😬😬

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

marriage #1 and family #2

But with the Duggars its Marriage #1 (with the subset of Jim bob and Michelle each believing they are top dog), kids an extenaion of #1, not real people. Means to an end. Now get in line while mommy and daddy lead.

• Love 1

It wouldn't be so weird if the kids were older and on one side because everyone could still converse and interact as a group, but every video I've seen of them eating is always Jill and Derrick bunched up together, Sam stuck in his high chair like a forgotten appendage and Izzy shoved way off down the end. It's like they don't even want the kids around. 

• Love 24
41 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

But with the Duggars its Marriage #1 (with the subset of Jim bob and Michelle each believing they are top dog), kids an extenaion of #1, not real people. Means to an end. Now get in line while mommy and daddy lead.

If you read back a page on the Sweet Fellowship forum, Cynthia Jeub says the same thing about her parents. That children were meant to serve the parents and not the other way around. I have known fundies in real life and can say that's true and it's one of the main things that defines fundies. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

It's like they don't even want the kids around. 

But, then, when they're alone together, do you think they like it - or just go running back to the kids?

45 minutes ago, Temperance said:

That children were meant to serve the parents and not the other way around. I have known fundies in real life and can say that's true and it's one of the main things that defines fundies. 

And narcissists in general.

• Love 7
(edited)

The sad thing about the fundies is that they believe marriage #1 children #2 because it justifies the way they treat and think about children. Most people in modern life who say this phrase aren't like them. I've heard it a lot in the secular world, and it's basically pushback against the idea that the kids control the household. In recent years, so many households are run by kids; they have no rules and everyone has to react to their behavior accordingly; Mom and Dad never have date nights because the kids don't like having a babysitter, Mom and Dad don't have sex because Timmy's afraid to sleep in his own room, the kids are in soooo many activities that Mom and Dad always have to split up to take them and never see each other, they have to only go on vacations that the kids will love and cater to them while they're there, Mom works and barely sees the family just so the kids can have every material item they want (as opposed to Mom working because she loves her career, or the family needs the money for necessities)...basically Mom and Dad walking to the ends of the earth for every little whim of their kids, while never spending time together, and neglecting their marriage. Most people who say "marriage first" are rightly reacting to this "I have to run myself ragged to please my kids or I'm a bad parent" culture.  

In a healthy family, parents have rules, and while they take their kids' needs and wants into consideration, they don't give into every whim, especially when it's detrimental to their marriage. BUT the bad thing is that most fundies don't mean it this way. They mean the opposite, pamper the marriage at the expense of the kids! That's why you see Jill and Derick sitting together when they should be helping their child. They're unwilling to make even the smallest concession for the good of their children. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 24

All I keep picturing is poor Izzy (why am I always typing those 2 words together?) trying to cut up his own food with adult size utensils and probably no help from either parent who are probably chuckling & making fun of him.

Sam looks unhappy, like one of his escape attempts from the restaurant didn't go as planned for him & Yay. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

The sad thing about the fundies is that they believe marriage #1 children #2 because it justifies the way they treat and think about children. Most people in modern life who say this phrase aren't like them. I've heard it a lot in the secular world, and it's basically pushback against the idea that the kids control the household. In recent years, so many households are run by kids; they have no rules and everyone has to react to their behavior accordingly; Mom and Dad never have date nights because the kids don't like having a babysitter, Mom and Dad don't have sex because Timmy's afraid to sleep in his own room, the kids are in soooo many activities that Mom and Dad always have to split up to take them and never see each other, they have to only go on vacations that the kids will love and cater to them while they're there, Mom works and barely sees the family just so the kids can have every material item they want (as opposed to Mom working because she loves her career, or the family needs the money for necessities)...basically Mom and Dad walking to the ends of the earth for every little whim of their kids, while never spending time together, and neglecting their marriage. Most people who say "marriage first" are rightly reacting to this "I have to run myself ragged to please my kids or I'm a bad parent" culture.  

In a healthy family, parents have rules, and while they take their kids' needs and wants into consideration, they don't give into every whim, especially when it's detrimental to their marriage. BUT the bad thing is that most fundies don't mean it this way. They mean the opposite, pamper the marriage at the expense of the kids! That's why you see Jill and Derick sitting together when they should be helping their child. They're unwilling to make even the smallest concession for the good of their children. 

I agree. The "marriage counseling" tidbits that JB and J'chelle talk about are not bad in and of themselves. A lot of marriages deteriorate when kids come along because the partners stop taking time for their relationship and focus 100% on the kids. The problem -- as is so often the case with the Duggars -- is in the execution. 

Jill especially seems to be incapable of nuance or reflection. She has no way of putting these "rules" in context and adjusting her behavior to the given situation. It's not necessary to ignore the kids to make time for a partner. She doesn't HAVE to sit next to Derick EVERY time they go out to dinner -- maybe they can sit next to each other on "date night" and split up to take care of the kids when they go out for a family dinner? Maybe they could give the kids an early bed time (does Jill even know what that is?) so that mom and dad can have a couple of hours together in the evening?

• Love 23
2 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I agree. The "marriage counseling" tidbits that JB and J'chelle talk about are not bad in and of themselves. A lot of marriages deteriorate when kids come along because the partners stop taking time for their relationship and focus 100% on the kids. The problem -- as is so often the case with the Duggars -- is in the execution. 

Jill especially seems to be incapable of nuance or reflection. She has no way of putting these "rules" in context and adjusting her behavior to the given situation. It's not necessary to ignore the kids to make time for a partner. She doesn't HAVE to sit next to Derick EVERY time they go out to dinner -- maybe they can sit next to each other on "date night" and split up to take care of the kids when they go out for a family dinner? Maybe they could give the kids an early bed time (does Jill even know what that is?) so that mom and dad can have a couple of hours together in the evening?

Exactly - this is what I scrolled to the bottom to say, then found out someone had beaten me to it. If it's "date night", then find a sitter (even if it's Jana yet again), and enjoy some couple time. If it's "family time", then bunch everyone up close and give the kids at least half your attention. But, no...with these people, it's somehow family time just because they are all in the same space, yet still date night because  the adults are pretending the kids don't exist.

• Love 15

My parents never sat together once we kids started to arrive, that I can remember. They rarely went out to dinner alone (mostly due to not having the funds for restaurant food). Their marriage lasted almost 60 years, even though this lot would claim they were doing it wrong. This lot are idiots. 

• Love 23
11 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Parents that actually gave even half a shit would sit next to their kids instead of each other. 

When my husband and I go out to a restaurant with my son, we sit on the same side.... my son is 25! 

• LOL 9
  • Love 6

I didn't know where to put this, but since Jill Michelle Duggar Dillard thinks she is the queen of recipes, I'll put it here.  It was on the page of Lovina's Amish Kitchen.  I follow her blog http://www.lovinasamishkitchen.com/

Amish version of Tater Tot Casserole

Tater Tot Casserole

4 cups frozen tater tots
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 pound ground beef
1 envelope (.75 ounce) mushroom gravy mix
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix tater tots and shredded cheese. Set aside.

In a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, brown beef over medium heat until completely browned. Stir in gravy mix then milk, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened (about 1 minute). Stir in vegetables. Top with potato mixture. Bake 25–35 minutes until sauce bubbles and tater tots are crisp. (If you don’t have an oven proof skillet, bake in a 9×9-inch pan.)

Apparently Jill responded to someone on her IG asking what kind of law Derelict hopes to practice once he passes the bar (good luck with that). She responded that he wants to "give a voice to the voiceless." Sounds like he's going to try and close down PP and any other places in NWA that provide abortions.

• Love 8

"give a voice to the voiceless."

That either means abortion, or reality stars that just can't manage to convince the public that child molestation is a big deal.

• LOL 16
  • Love 5