Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Okay, so I looked up the ingredients for cream of chicken soup...it has dairy AND gluten...

INGREDIENTS: CHICKEN STOCK, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, VEGETABLE OIL, WHEAT FLOUR, CHICKEN MEAT, CREAM (MILK), CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF: SALT, CARROT JUICE CONCENTRATE, WATER, SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, CHICKEN FAT, YEAST EXTRACT, FLAVORING, SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, CHICKEN BROTH*, CANE SUGAR, ONIONS*, CHICKEN*, CELERY EXTRACT, ONION EXTRACT. *DEHYDRATED

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

Imagine the astronomical levels of dairy and gluten in basically any of her meals! Her main ingredients are Campbell's soups, either tortillas or pasta, and cheese. I fail to see how a gluten / dairy free diet would work! Jessa said she had to eliminate foods with Henry, and I can see that. She's too lazy to even cook bad food, so I'm guessing Bin did it, or she got takeout. Jill...in no way can I imagine. 

• Love 5
On 2/22/2019 at 9:46 PM, Love2dance said:

I agree. My feelings get hurt, and I am actually sad every time clothes are condemned for looking old or “old lady like.” One of my otherwise favorite shows, Project Runway, does this all the time. I would so much rather they discribed the clothes as dowdy or frumpy. Which some of Jill’s are, by the way.

I agree that terminology could be a bit more kind.  I think ugly, dowdy, frumpy are better terms for ill fitting or ugly clothes.   Thank god designers saw that women of a certain age still want to buy clothes and look sexy/cute/fashionable.  Some clothes may be too youthful for some or more mature for some for example some evening dresses would look silly on a 20something while a dress from Forever 21 would look silly on me at 50.  TLC is bringing back While You Were Out so WHY can't they bring back What Not To Wear?  It was so educational!  Jill needs Clinton and Stacy in her life.

• Love 7
On 2/23/2019 at 12:35 PM, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Jill needs three feet cut off of her hair and an intense hair mask. Jill needs to “partner” with some cosmetic company who will gift her some eye cream. There’s no reason why someone her age should look so damn old. 

THIS!  It isn't because I think she is wrinkly (although she has the eye wrinkles of someone older than her age) it is because this needs to be started early!  A good moisturizing habit as early as possible!  I even use face moisturizer on my chest so it doesn't get super wrinkly.  Also, drink water.  As an ex hairdresser I would love to get at her hair with some shears.  But she is trying.  She is just learning a bit more slowly than Jinger and a bit faster than Jessa.

• Love 3
On 2/25/2019 at 7:18 PM, beckie said:

Fruit also has sugar. Natural sugar, but still sugar. I don't believe for a moment they've even been sugar free, much less gluten and dairy.

I'm guessing she want using sugar-free peanut butter.

• LOL 1
8 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Ok ya’ll...  I just can’t with the pic OR Jilly’s comment 🤢

Ok ya’ll...  I just can’t with the pic OR Jilly’s comment 🤢

Agreed the picture is horseface JimBoob levels of awful. What was Jilly's comment? 

33 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Ok ya’ll...  I just can’t with the pic OR Jilly’s comment 🤢

Her comment doesn’t show, so here ya go:

👏🏻 And looking stellar!  😍💙

You learn about what the federal public defender does on a middle school civics field trip. He is in fucking law school. He should have something more sophisticated to say.

Just now, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, so “stellar” apparently means “like a half-drunk vagrant” in Arkansian?

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

That was some quick wit!

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

What's Jill's comment? I refuse to scroll through Derelict's IG posts looking for it.

“And lookin’ stellar!” with some emojis that I’m not going to go find since IG won’t let me copypasta.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Oh, the lighting!

I actually like the first top on her. It seems to be the right size for her. But that second top just seems way too big!

ETA: I wonder if Jill shilling clothing products is kind of betraying Amy, since she also has a (potentially competing?) clothes business.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
9 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Oh, the lighting!

I actually like the first top on her. It seems to be the right size for her. But that second top just seems way too big!

ETA: I wonder if Jill shilling clothing products is kind of betraying Amy, since she also has a (potentially competing?) clothes business.

Agreed. Nasty lighting.

The first top may be the best fitted thing we've seen Jill wear lately, or maybe ever. Wrinkled, and IMO the color does Jill no favors, but it fits.

The second thing is just - trashy. Seriously, there seems to be about an acre of fabric in that shapeless wrinkled - what? t-shirt? sweatshirt? You can see a load of fabric weighing down the garment from the back, behind Jill's arm. I assume it's the bad lighting, but there even seems to be some kind of stain on the lower front of the garment toward Jill's right side. A trash bag with holes cut for arms and head, wouldn't be a worse-fitting garment than that top, and it might not wrinkle as badly.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

Wait, wait, it hasn't folded yet?

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

The blinds are open people the blinds are open! do you think this was done just for that picture to 'help' with the lighting and then firmly shut again, before their poor little men saw the light, and thought of means of escape?

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

At least these are better than the gray jumpsuit! I'll never find an article of clothing to top that hideousness IMO. Everything was wrong with that! At least these are bland, boring clothes you could see on someone on the street and just keep on walking past them. That gray jumpsuit would stand out in a bad way!

Pretty bad that I literally like them because they're so boring and bland that they would just blend in instead of stand out for being horrific. I do agree with the poster above that the first one is the most fitted thing we have ever seen on Jill!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, graefin said:

Here's a tip, Jilly. You might want to take the time to iron those clothes before you model them for the company that's compensating you to advertise for them. #mediocre #nobrains 🙄

I agree, she is in desperate need of an iron. That first top isn't too bad. And the gray top, while looking comfy, is too big for her. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 1

Could be the reason she’s not keeping “ sponsors”.  She makes them look bad ...   

and Dipstick visiting Public Defenders office?  Is he aware they defend people who don’t always hold the same views ?

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

The yellow blouse matches her drapes and walls.  Now she can blend into the background without ever leaving her house!  

Those drapes actually have a "Sound of Music" playclothes vibe to them.  Too bad Jana is the family seamstress, not Jill.  Jana could probably whip up a ruffled frumper in no time that's more flattering to Jill.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

They really are, and I'll never be able to get past the hideous hair. Cut that shit!

Forget which Duggar girl is wearing pants, I want to see the first to cut all that hair off! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 18

Derelict's IG pic showed up in my feed this morning. He replied to someone asking about his braces, noting that it's been nearly four years and that the surgeon basically fucked up. He said that it's "hard" to bring everything back to where it should be. So yeah, he blames the surgeon.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm betting that he used the cheapest surgeon, not the best.

I'm  betting he used the Fundiest. Wouldn't want to risk using a well educated, experienced surgeon who performs dozens of these surgeries each week. He/she might be gay, transgender or gasp....not a follower of jesus.

Maybe Dr. Fed has a cousin who does dental surgery cheap?

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, graefin said:

Here's a tip, Jilly. You might want to take the time to iron those clothes before you model them for the company that's compensating you to advertise for them. #mediocre #nobrains 🙄

This has always been a grip of mine--fold marks.  I hate it on "decorating" shows, also.  How many times have I seen new curtains hung, complete with the fold lines from the package.  Irons don't bite--really!  At least run items through the dryer with a damp cloth.  Or use a steamer.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Derelict's IG pic showed up in my feed this morning. He replied to someone asking about his braces, noting that it's been nearly four years and that the surgeon basically fucked up. He said that it's "hard" to bring everything back to where it should be. So yeah, he blames the surgeon.

I can’t believe they haven’t sued the surgeon, because it’s more than apparent that the oral surgeon royally f’ed up Dickhead’s mouth.

• Love 6
Just now, farmgal4 said:

I can’t believe they haven’t sued the surgeon, because it’s more than apparent that the oral surgeon royally f’ed up Dickhead’s mouth.

Seriously, this dude's had braces for a century and there's been not the slightest bit of improvement. His teeth are still jacked and shifted way off center. He might as well just give up and have them removed.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Seriously, this dude's had braces for a century and there's been not the slightest bit of improvement. His teeth are still jacked and shifted way off center. He might as well just give up and have them removed.

Derick claimed (in response to a question someone asked on his Instagram post) that the (palate expansion) surgery he had shifted his midline "accidentally" and that now there "wasn't an easy way to get it back." But if you look at old, presurgery pics of his smile, you can see that his midline was always a bit off-center (shifted to his right, or our left as we're looking at him). It just looks more pronounced now.

I think the purpose of the braces was, probably among other things, to help his incisors drop down once there was enough space in his mouth (via the widening surgery) to accommodate them. If that was the goal, I guess it's been accomplished. But overall, unless there was some medical need, he probably should have left well enough alone. His smile wasn't perfect before, and it's not perfect now, but I think he looked cuter then.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, graefin said:

I think the purpose of the braces was, probably among other things, to help his incisors drop down once there was enough space in his mouth (via the widening surgery) to accommodate them. If that was the goal, I guess it's been accomplished. But overall, unless there was some medical need, he probably should have left well enough alone. His smile wasn't perfect before, and it's not perfect now, but I think he looked cuter then.

Cute is probably not a word I would ever use to describe Derrick, but he did look nicer and more normal back then. And kinder. I'm not sure if it was the surgery or the way his life has turned out that changed him but he went from fairly sweet looking doofus in the Nepal episode to looking outright mean. There's something around his eyes now that wasn't there at the start but I dont know if it's due to the misalignment of his face from the surgery or something inside him showing on his face. It's quite incredible how a person's looks can change so much over just a few years though, whatever the reason.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
16 hours ago, Vaysh said:

Cute is probably not a word I would ever use to describe Derrick, but he did look nicer and more normal back then. And kinder. I'm not sure if it was the surgery or the way his life has turned out that changed him but he went from fairly sweet looking doofus in the Nepal episode to looking outright mean. There's something around his eyes now that wasn't there at the start but I dont know if it's due to the misalignment of his face from the surgery or something inside him showing on his face. It's quite incredible how a person's looks can change so much over just a few years though, whatever the reason.

I’m betting that Derrick has endured some pretty awful pain related to the oral surgery fiasco.  I have firsthand knowledge that chronic pain negatively changes a person.  I’ve had chronic pain since 2003, and I’m no longer the super-sweet, laidback gal that I used to be.  In fact, on REALLY bad days, I’m not fit to be around living things, be it man or beast.  So maybe that’s part of what’s going on with Derrick or maybe he was just born an asshole.

• Love 23
48 minutes ago, Puffin said:

I bet it will be Jinger, I cant see Jeremy liking hair all the way down to her ass look. 

It might be more fitting in her role as "pastor's wife" so he might encourage it. Especially as she gets older. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m betting that Derrick has endured some pretty awful pain related to the oral surgery fiasco.  I have firsthand knowledge that chronic pain negatively changes a person.  I’ve had chronic pain since 2003, and I’m no longer the super-sweet, laidback gal that I used to be.  In fact, on REALLY bad days, I’m not fit to be around living things, be it man or beast.  So maybe that’s part of what’s going on with Derrick or maybe he was just born an asshole.

I have been dealing with chronic pain due to a GI issue the last few months. I don't look happy. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I can buy this. Derick did seem nicer and more tolerable pre-jaw surgery.

• Love 11