Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Chris Knight

Jill & Derick Dullard: Counting On (Donations)

5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

He doesn't have to do half, but he doesn't get to do none, either. 

Derwood doing half the chores reminds me of the story of my brother in law telling my mother in law that he wanted to marry her daughter.  He told her that he would work hard, etc. and was willing to do half the housework.  My mother in law responded without missing a beat with "But who's going to do the other half??"  She knew her daughter!!!  That girl was right up there with Jessa on doing housework.  

I finally watched the videos of the Dilwoods.  I thought maybe people were being over dramatic about Iz on the car, but when I watched it OMG!!  That was so dangerous.  He was right next to the tile floor.  Kid could've fallen and busted his teeth out!!  Jill is so dumb.  Plus, she was more worried about Sam slipping off the seat than Iz falling several feet and potentially getting seriously injured.  They really don't treat that poor kid well at all.  It's just so sad.

• Like 24

18 hours ago, Temperance said:

I don't think Jill gets angry as much as she gets depressed. Jessa would be angry if she were Jill. Jill is likely confused, sad, and depressed. 

I also don't know that Jill is that uphappy either. She may be happy for her sisters (particularly Jana) and just lost about what's next for herself.

I think Jill would likely be happy for Jana (in a normal sister way) and completely depressed about her own life and not know why- we are on the same page. 

I don’t think Jill wants much. If she had a husband and loved her, paid her some attention, and doted on their children she would be happy. Unfortunately she and Derrick are incompatible- and its showing in her face. 

• Like 13

Those videos were some of the dumbest ones they’ve posted yet.  I’m 100% certain that neither one of those morons have a lick of common sense.

• Like 19

14 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Because being a stay at home mom does not necessarily mean you are a scullery maid who is saddled with the responsibility of doing every last single menial chore there is to be done in the entire household day in and day out without a break or any help from anyone else.

Derick's dog ass has been on a three week break from school "de-stressing." A trip around the room with the vacuum cleaner won't kill him.

Point well taken. What I was getting at was not that it's wrong or weird for guys to do housework - obviously, this type of gender stereotyping is outdated - but still, it makes me wonder, what the heck does Jill do all day (besides making stupid videos)?

Edited by Bayarea4 · Reason: to add a thought.
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Bayarea4 said:

Point well taken. What I was getting at was not that it's wrong or weird for guys to do housework - obviously, this type of gender stereotyping is outdated - but still, it makes me wonder, what the heck does Jill do all day (besides making stupid videos)?

I still think Jill had vacuumed prior to Derick. When he walked in the room, there were visible vacuum lines to the left. They just wanted to advertise how amaaaaazing he is!!! #besthubbyever

Also, I think Jill has the judgment of an eight year old, but I think Derick is mean. He seems like the kind of "parent" who would not try to stop a dangerous situation, knowing it's dangerous, and just be interested to see what happened if it went badly. You know, like the mean middle school brother babysitter. Then I could see him pulling the "you're the mom and you should have known better" card with Jill. 

• Like 20

2 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I still think Jill had vacuumed prior to Derick. When he walked in the room, there were visible vacuum lines to the left. They just wanted to advertise how amaaaaazing he is!!! #besthubbyever

Also, I think Jill has the judgment of an eight year old, but I think Derick is mean. He seems like the kind of "parent" who would not try to stop a dangerous situation, knowing it's dangerous, and just be interested to see what happened if it went badly. You know, like the mean middle school brother babysitter. Then I could see him pulling the "you're the mom and you should have known better" card with Jill. 

While he filmed it.

• Like 13

New blog post.

It includes the videos I already posted, and sooooo many pictures. I picked a few pictures to include:

November 2018 Pictures and Videos

Jan 11, 2019 | Family Blog, Photos | 1 

Sorry I’m finally getting around to posting our November album! We are happy to share lots of new pictures and videos with you! Our December post will hopefully be following soon! 

20FB9505-5793-45F2-9F36-9E0F09BDFAF9.jpeg

463A2170-919D-4C06-A5D3-2E6086F73949.jpeg

ED74FF1E-ED32-412F-903A-3D8E609696A4.jpeg

1F0A29F2-3237-4179-B477-22946EF086EC.jpeg

30C7A583-FE9C-4B87-AB3A-46488F8DCFEF.jpeg

5B558EF2-3A90-44F4-ABB9-D177BCD19CB9.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 7

Heaven forbid they post November and December at the same time. Need those blog hits. $$$$$$

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

He seems like the kind of "parent" who would not try to stop a dangerous situation, knowing it's dangerous, and just be interested to see what happened if it went badly.

"There! That really hurt, didn't it? Now you know not to do that again, don't you? Stop crying or I'll give something to really cry about!"

• Like 20

I don't have kids, but my heart just about stopped seeing those pictures because of what COULD HAPPEN.  I know boys will be boys (yes, girls can do things like this too), but parents need to keep an eye on them to make sure they don't get hurt.  Jill and Derick are too busy trying to get blog hits to think about what might happen. 

• Like 19

12 minutes ago, graefin said:

That last pic takes the cake. "Israel came up with this on his own" is how she captions it? Did she actually watch him set the chair up there and climb up and then take a photo so she could post it for the world to see with a caption denoting his cleverness?

I guess we should be glad she that this wasn't an activity that she participated in.  I can see her helping him "build" this tower and encouraging him to climb it so she could take the picture.

• Like 2

Damn those chair pictures look scary.

Derick also looked really bad in that Thanksgiving turkey picture. 

• Like 7

I wouldn’t let my DOGS do that...because I love them and want them healthy and safe...I’m weird that way.

I guess when you grow up surrounded by a zillion children, nobody is all that important or unique so if one gets hurt, killed...pffft. There are a bunch of backups.

These people...SMDH.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Like 19

42 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I have a feeling that these photos were set-up just for attention-seeking.  Those two are rather sick.

That thought had crossed my mind as well...I mean pretty much every parent out there has turned their back long enough for their kid to either fall or get bonked with something, and I'll admit to raising my own kids with a bit of "careful neglect" (I have a mother who was always way too protective - to this day, now that I am 60 and she is a few weeks shy of 85 she constantly has an eye out for things I might be doing which could potentially damage me). But as much as I always gave them the leeway to get their share of bumps and bruises. I would never actually encourage them to put themselves in dangerous situations then post it to (then nonexistent) social media. I just have no idea where their minds are to think this is a good idea, and can only imagine that they see it as some sort of game to see what sort of reactions they will get. Is Dreck actively trying to alienate himself from all society one group at a time, or what?

• Like 18

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

My thought when I saw the pics of the boys on top of chairs: Oh Lawd…

Aside from that, is an appearance by Derelict's stepdaddy, Mr. BawPaw Bynum.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

New blog 

Mr. Bynam looks like a barrel of laughs.

• Like 19

14 minutes ago, Portia said:

Mr. Bynam looks like a barrel of laughs.

I can only imagine what he's trying not to lose his shit over in that picture.

Of anybody attached to the Duggars, he's the one I'd most like to have a cup of coffee with because he seems the most uncomfortable with it. I bet if you could get him to spill his guts, he'd have some interesting tales to tell. 

• Like 21

BawPaw does not look pleased, at all. I can’t imagine what those holiday dinners must be like.  I wonder who he is most displeased with- Jill, Derrick, or Cathy. Maybe all in equal measure. 

Even the leghumpers have got to question those chair pictures. Right?!  I hope??

• Like 7

10 hours ago, queenanne said:

J and D are about one Sinner’s Prayer away from the cast of Jackass.

Now I am so picturing the fundie version of the show Jackass.

That chair picture with Sam, he really is trying to escape. 

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Like 7

I'm probably in the minority here but those pictures don't bother me. It's exactly the type of stuff I used to do with my brothers, and studies have been coming out that this kind of risky, climbing/leaping/bordering on parkour type play is actually good for kids, in brain development, body confidence, and spatial awareness,

As long as they are being watched, which they are, the cameras prove that, it's fine.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, kalamac said:

I'm probably in the minority here but those pictures don't bother me. It's exactly the type of stuff I used to do with my brothers, and studies have been coming out that this kind of risky, climbing/leaping/bordering on parkour type play is actually good for kids, in brain development, body confidence, and spatial awareness,

As long as they are being watched, which they are, the cameras prove that, it's fine.

My son climbed before he could walk ... I remember coming from putting a load of washing on, he was 10 mths old and standing on the dining room table,he had climbed up on a chair then onto the table. Walking out the back door to find him on top of his big cubby. He was 18 months old

He hasn’t stopped finding things to climb and jump off

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Broken Ox said:

I can see how Isreal could have come up with the idea on his own and sure, even stacked the chair on the table, but I don't see how he could have gotten up there by himself. Tray tables aren't that stable.

On a different site, someone suggested this is Israel’s timeout spot.

• Like 7

I agree that Izzy is under stimulated. He needs to be with other children his own age other than his cousins. A good pre school would do him a wonder of good. He is sweet, good natured little boy, IMO, and his parents treat him poorly. We know what we see and from what they post. Why are they negligent in what they post? I would think they would have better discretion.

I don't like Derick's sense of humor. He has a sarcastic, sour sense of humor. Jill doesn't seem to relate to it well. I'm sorry for their children. Why doesn't Cathy step in? It doesn't look like DDD and Dan grew up with this type of situation in their home.  Where did it come from in DDD?

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I was trying to figure out the difference here, aside from being predisposed to criticism when it comes to the Duggars, because, as I said, I always gave my kids the scope to get their share of bumps and bruises (which the third one in particular seemed to attract in spades), and I think it rather boils down to the fact that Iz and Sammy seem always to be shown climbing on things which are inherently unstable. Now, I suppose a case can be made for the spatial skills/body awareness getting an even better workout that way, but except for that one picture a few months ago where the idea of them playing outside and Izzy climbing a tree seemed to be a revelation to Jill, they have never been shown on a playground or climbing things which are designed for that sort of activity. Everything they are shown climbing on seems to have wheels or be otherwise on the edge of falling over.

Yeah, I’m with you.  It’s possible I have a ‘movie image’ of parkour, but in my impression it has to do with using solidly occurring features - retaining walls, construction barriers, etc.; not wheeled platforms and the like.  Admittedly I am not trained on child development though... we in fact saw Cathy mirroring this, where she matter of factly redirected Sammy on his rocking horse to face forward, instead of twisting around looking backwards (which is, btw, how I got a major concussion at age 10, though I was on a bike at the time I turned around).

Edited by queenanne
  • Like 8

The pictures should be hung in pediatrician's offices as safety messages--advising parents NOT to allow their children to do these things. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Like 14

Why would any parent stop to take a picture instead of immediately taking their child out of harm's way? These photos only show how irresponsible they are as parents.

• Like 15

Well now, there’s a ice licturefor the Social Services file...

Oops! I meant there’s a nice picture for the Social Services file!!

• Like 4

Someone is clearly wanting attention after her eldest sister gets an Instagram account and her other sister got knocked up again. 

• Like 22

I am just speechless by those pictures, especially Izzy. I would even let me cat do that!

• Like 6

As a parent of an 8 year old and twin 2 year olds who are all climbers, I'm forever in a day telling them to get down off something. Or grabbing them off whatever and putting them back on the floor. My 8 year old climbed out of his crib at 14 months, which scared the crap out of us. I also provide times for them to safely climb and jump. Not take stupid pictures of them doing dangerous stuff. Ugh. My heart was in my throat with those pictures! Those poor kids. 

• Like 19

I wonder if Derick will apply. Deadline is February 15th.

Summer Public Service Fellowship Program

D2FAA5BC-92B8-4C70-B64E-F3E2410F7812.jpeg

380BC5F4-BF7A-42A8-A597-C6E17BE95831.jpeg

CB2E8A35-0EFD-41E6-98A7-482F2D4C3E40.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 1