Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

You go, Sammy. Every implement you learn to use could aid your escape. Also, the sweater-jeans combo is adorable. 

He looks cute. Why is there a pair of boots lying in the middle of the kitchen floor?

I'm not the greatest housekeeper in the world but, seriously, why is there a pair of boots in the middle of the kitchen floor?

Even a picture of them cleaning manages to show off the fact that their house is never clean.

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

He looks cute. Why is there a pair of boots lying in the middle of the kitchen floor?

I'm not the greatest housekeeper in the world but, seriously, why is there a pair of boots in the middle of the kitchen floor?

My kids are constantly moving my shoes and playing with them. I find shoes in weird places all of the time. 

• Love 23
1 hour ago, sleepysuzy said:

My kids are constantly moving my shoes and playing with them. I find shoes in weird places all of the time. 

I get what you're saying.

But do you take a picture with them  in the background and post it to the public?

I carefully look to see what's in the background when I post to my family, and I sure am not "famous."

• Love 9
On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:28 PM, Oldernowiser said:

You know, if he weren’t such a prissy humorless arrogant clueless fuckwit, I’d feel sorry for his face situation.

But then he opens his mouth and I’m over it.

If anyone has ever summed up Dreck better, I'd like to see it.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Nobody.

Yeah, I agree.  I'm guessing one of the kids had been playing with those boots. 

Didn't any of you all ever tromp around the house in Dad's work boots or Mom's pumps?  Or Mom's work boots and Dad's pumps? (I don't judge)

I loved wearing my moms clothes and shoes. Fun times!

• Love 6

My brother and I played dress up in our first mother's closet, but we were a little older than Izzy. I was the ringleader at about 6, so my brother would have been 4. Don't worry about me scarring him for life; I was the first person who realized he was gay, and he still loves donning the drag. 😁

Edited by Sew Sumi
How did worry change to sorry? Damn you, autocorrect
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Yeah, I agree.  I'm guessing one of the kids had been playing with those boots. 

Didn't any of you all ever tromp around the house in Dad's work boots or Mom's pumps?  Or Mom's work boots and Dad's pumps? (I don't judge)

I'm sure you're right and kids play with their parents shoes -- except that we're talking about Jill and Derick here. They are simply pigs.

And, there is an interesting trick that I sometimes use when taking a picture and discovering something undesirable in the shot -- I move. I take the shot from a different angle so that they boots - or whatever - aren't in the shot.

They are just so damn lazy. Pick up the boots! Move your damn ass, so that the boots aren't in the shot! Photoshop the boots out of the shot! This is their JOB. They make money off of this, and it really chaps my hide that they can't be bothered to put in ANY effort, ever.

• Love 17
10 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

If it wasn’t for Jilly willing to marry him Dereck would have been a virgin forever. No sane woman would want that bigoted tool.

That's ridiculous. Look at all the loser men who have been married multiple times. 

There is probably some fundie SAHD, or just a leghumper, who kisses a photo of Derelict at night before tucking it under her pillow. 

• Love 9

Without the Duggars, Derelict would probably not be married now. He'd probably still be out there roughing it in the "mission field" avoiding real adult responsibilities. And no young women would  💋 his visage before going to bed at night.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Heathen said:

That's ridiculous. Look at all the loser men who have been married multiple times. 

My sister's ex is the perfect example. Total bum but managed to get remarried a year after their divorce, ended up divorcing his second wife and is now engaged for a third time. For the life of me, I can never understand how loser males never go without companionship while so many amazing women struggle to get a date. 

• Love 16

I think the difference between those losers and Derelict is that Derelict wasn't looking for a girl before one was shoved under his nose. He may have had a date or two in college, but he hasn't admitted to any girlfriends and no one has come forward with a tell-all. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

And no young women would  💋 his visage before going to bed at night.

There is no way to know that. 

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

My sister's ex is the perfect example. Total bum but managed to get remarried a year after their divorce, ended up divorcing his second wife and is now engaged for a third time. For the life of me, I can never understand how loser males never go without companionship while so many amazing women struggle to get a date. 

It works the other way, too! I know the female equivalents of your sister's ex. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Without the Duggars, Derelict would probably not be married now. He'd probably still be out there roughing it in the "mission field" avoiding real adult responsibilities. And no young women would  💋 his visage before going to bed at night.

And I suspect he would be much happier than he is now, tied down to Jill and the kids.

• Love 11

The positive thing in that photo of Sam (besides how cute he is) is that he is allowed to pick up a mop and help clean. No one swooping in, declaring mopping to be women's work, and taking it away from him.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

But what guys like this have is the ability to talk to women, and really forge a connection.  Derick seemed kind of shy and like he hadn't mastered that yet.  It's possible without the Duggars he would have grown more comfortable talking to women.

3 hours ago, Heathen said:

There is probably some fundie SAHD, or just a leghumper, who kisses a photo of Derelict at night before tucking it under her pillow. 

No, I don't think so. 

• Love 7

On Instagram, the comments on his post focus on the use of the word “training”. The arguments between posters is pretty tiring, to me. It’s a picture of a cute little boy, but with Derick’s history, it turns into arguments. Step away from social media, Dillards.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, WallStreetDuchess said:

Was that picture of Sam sweeping taken at the TTH? It looks like a bigger kitchen that what the Dullards have at their hovel. Note Sam's Pistol Pete hat. Sigh, those were Derek's glory days for sure.

I think the floors are all tile there, and it’s definitely not the house/apartment? Jill and Derick have been living in recently. It’s a mystery!

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It’s a mystery!

Maybe it was taken at Cathy's house over Christmas. The Duggars are often deceitful when it comes to posting older photos as if they were just taken yesterday.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 14
12 hours ago, kalamac said:

The positive thing in that photo of Sam (besides how cute he is) is that he is allowed to pick up a mop and help clean. No one swooping in, declaring mopping to be women's work, and taking it away from him.

True!  Also, we've seen Derick vacuuming, so I'm guessing this is why.  Points to Cathy Dillard!

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures 

Jill actually looks really pretty in that first pic. She cleans up nice when she makes an effort and forgets to make those exaggerated faces. Perhaps someone took her aside and quietly explained that wide open gobs and Shar Pei forehead wrinkles are not in fact attractive to most people.

• Love 10

I wonder if Jill likes the special attention of Miss Cathy.  As noted in the Jeremy/Jinger thread, it's nice to be the center of attention, or nearly, since there is another Dillard son and new grandchild, but, still, spreading the love over three babies is different.  

• Love 19
44 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I wonder if Jill likes the special attention of Miss Cathy.  As noted in the Jeremy/Jinger thread, it's nice to be the center of attention, or nearly, since there is another Dillard son and new grandchild, but, still, spreading the love over three babies is different.  

Yes I could see that. Cathy looks genuinely happy with her grandsons and probably lavishes attention on them. I don’t know if she and Jill have built a close relationship but a day out alone with another adult sure is nice. 

• Love 19
15 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

To lose both of your parents before your 21st birthday is very hard. To bury your spouse before you are 50 is also difficult. That being said, I don’t think her life is particularly biography worthy. 

... but ... but ... her son married a Duggar! Doesn't that make her life infinitely more interesting and important and meaningful?!?!?

Uhm, no. It doesn't.  Sorry, Cathy.  Go self publish your little tome. But don't waste too much money printing up copies.  Maybe some leghumpers will buy a copy, but nobody else is going to be interested. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 20
3 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

... but ... but ... her son married a Duggar! Doesn't that make her life infinitely more interesting and important and meaningful?!?!?

Uhm, no. It doesn't.  Sorry, Cathy.  Go self publish your little tome. But don't waste too much money printing up copies.  Maybe some leghumpers will buy a copy, but nobody else is going to be interested. 

The anti-choice crowd might be interested when they hear "birthmother." I can see them spinning an anti-abortion angle. 

I understand why Cathy is upset if her birthmother did in fact decline to meet her, but her birthmother owes her nothing. 

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I don't know.  I can see the Christian publishers printing this.  Then the extras will end up at Ollie's for 5 bucks or less.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I understand why Cathy is upset if her birthmother did in fact decline to meet her, but her birthmother owes her nothing. 

Not to defend Cathy, but I don’t think she was insinuating that. I think that she likely reached out to her birth mother and with both of her parents dead really hoped to make a connection, and was thus doubly hurt when the woman didn’t want to meet her.

Again losing BOTH your mother and father before 21 is a lot. 

• Love 15
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures 

So, Jill, is there another way to pronounce "Mima" in English other than "mee-muh"? Sorry, but I was not schooled at the SOTDRT and actually speak the language.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Not to defend Cathy, but I don’t think she was insinuating that. I think that she likely reached out to her birth mother and with both of her parents dead really hoped to make a connection, and was thus doubly hurt when the woman didn’t want to meet her.

Again losing BOTH your mother and father before 21 is a lot. 

That isn't how I took it at all. Cathy has previously mentioned her birthmother not wanting to meet her. It always sounds like she thinks her birthmother owed her a meeting and possibly a relationship. 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Heathen said:

That isn't how I took it at all. Cathy has previously mentioned her birthmother not wanting to meet her. It always sounds like she thinks her birthmother owed her a meeting and possibly a relationship. 

I don’t know the woman of course you could be right! Knowing what other strange things she says I wouldnt be surprised. 

If Cathy has bitterness about not meeting her birth mother; As far as human experiences go, that doesn’t sound like a strange grudge to hold. Again, not saying her birth mother owes her a meeting or a relationship, just saying outside of Cathy being a nut, I can see someone being upset about that. Or feeling cheated, especially with her actual parents dead before she was 21. 

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t know the woman of course you could be right! Knowing what other strange things she says I wouldnt be surprised. 

If Cathy has bitterness about not meeting her birth mother; As far as human experiences go, that doesn’t sound like a strange grudge to hold. Again, not saying her birth mother owes her a meeting or a relationship, just saying outside of Cathy being a nut, I can see someone being upset about that. Or feeling cheated, especially with her actual parents dead before she was 21. 

It's a very common emotion amongst adoptees. My dad has met his birth parents and had a relationship with his birthmother, and he's still bitter. Of course, my dad's an asshole, but still...

Cathy just strikes me as an all-around bitter person, about her origins, losing her parents and husband, and her cancer. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, jcbrown said:

But you would not pronounce "mi" in English as "my."

Mine. Miter. Mile. Mighty. 

You could also pronounce it “Mih muh.” Mission, miniature, million, midriff.

Jill’s not the sharpest crayon in the box, but it wasn’t stupid of her to not assume everyone would instinctively pronounce “Mima” as “Me-muh.” I read it as “my-muh” initially and I speak English just fine. 

Edited by mynextmistake
  • Love 10

The Duggars posted that photo of Sam 'mopping' the floor and captioned it that he was helping Jill and Derick clean. They are misleading because that house is not Jill's house. She has a linoleum light colored floor in her kitchen and that awful brown shag rug in the living/dining room.
On another note, Jill's house is a mess. You can see it in those photos of Cathy holding Sam. Sorry to say no photo of Cathy hugging Izzy was posted.

• Love 1