Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, dariafan said:

She licked my face after I asked her, so I’m going with Yes she is happy:).  Tomorrow is her rescuversary so we are having non beige foods for her.  Our diets begin on Han 2

20 hours ago, Zahdii said:

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:44 PM, Normades said:

OK, this is weird.  Are we still talking about Jill here?  Because I'm not sure I want to know why she's licking your face, but thanks for rescuing her, I guess.

I have no idea where this discussion came into this thread but I almost snorted Snapple thanks to you two. 

• Love 19
22 hours ago, dariafan said:

She licked my face after I asked her, so I’m going with Yes she is happy:).  Tomorrow is her rescuversary so we are having non beige foods for her.  Our diets begin on Han 2

My diet starts Jan 3rd...Since my birthday is the 2nd, I've found that New Year's resolutions are a lost cause if I try to start them on the 1st.

• Love 10
On 12/26/2018 at 6:35 PM, madpsych78 said:

Little late to this, but had to comment on the video where Derick is 4 and it's 1993.

Although 4-year-old Derick and present day Izzy have similar voices, Izzy looks more like Jill than he does Derick. It's especially evident in the picture with the boys in front of the Christmas tree.

image.thumb.png.14e59be5ec632725b586812a8e2b634d.png

Here's a picture with the oldest four - although I can never remember which one is Jana and which one is Jill, I think Jill is on Michelle's lap.

I wasn't sure who Sam resembled, since I don't think he resembles Jill as much as Izzy does, but as I am looking at this picture, I am struck by the fact that he looks a lot like baby John David...

Yes Israel does look both John David and Jill.  I can tell which one is Jana, mainly because she has the same smirk that she does now on her face. Also JB and Michelle are holding the youngest children pictured. (Jana is older than JD.) However Jill looks like a toddler to me, which means baby Jessa and maybe even baby Jinger are born, but not pictured. Jill would have been around 7 months her first Christmas and by the next Christmas Jessa was born in November. It reminds of Jill and Derick leaving Same in the car seat, but at least he's in the photo. 

2 minutes ago, Temperance said:

However Jill looks like a toddler to me, which means baby Jessa and maybe even baby Jinger are born, but not pictured. Jill would have been around 7 months her first Christmas and by the next Christmas Jessa was born in November. It reminds of Jill and Derick leaving Same in the car seat, but at least he's in the photo.

Is it a Christmas photo? Other than Jana's long sleeves, the outfits look kind of summery to me, and Michelle looks like she could be (quite heavily) pregnant. The kids don't look all that old; it could have been September or so, a couple months before Jessa was born.

• Love 12
Just now, dargosmydaddy said:

Is it a Christmas photo? Other than Jana's long sleeves, the outfits look kind of summery to me, and Michelle looks like she could be (quite heavily) pregnant. The kids don't look all that old; it could have been September or so, a couple months before Jessa was born.

Okay that makes sense to me.  Although I couldn't tell if Michelle was pregnant or not in the photo. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Although I couldn't tell if Michelle was pregnant or not in the photo. 

Oh, me either, just saying with that baggy dress and the baby for cover, it's possible that she's quite pregnant. And with Michelle in that era, a pregnancy can be constantly assumed :) What with their breeding for Jesus, I don't see them leaving a baby out of the picture, so Jessa must be in the oven, though it could be at any point that summer/ fall. Maybe Izzy gets some of his "looks older than his age" genes from Jill, because I swear she looks like she could be triplets with Jana and JD.

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Love 10
22 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures 

It's quite a feat to go from World's Worst Cook to Expert Sushi Chef. The Dullards may be trolling us. The maki rolls are tricky to make.

Is that raw fish on the cutting board? They didn't need all that for the rolls, so are they eating it as is?  

I spent quite a few years in Japan and have eaten a lot of sashimi and sushi. The seafood has to be amazingly fresh to have the right texture and taste and be safe. The chef is responsible to make sure it is. I won't eat raw fish in the United States unless I'm in a reputable sushi restaurant in a part of the country with access to fresh seafood. Arkansas isn't one of the those places, and the Dillard home is certainly not.  

• Love 21
8 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

It's quite a feat to go from World's Worst Cook to Expert Sushi Chef. The Dullards may be trolling us. The maki rolls are tricky to make.

Is that raw fish on the cutting board? They didn't need all that for the rolls, so are they eating it as is?  

I spent quite a few years in Japan and have eaten a lot of sashimi and sushi. The seafood has to be amazingly fresh to have the right texture and taste and be safe. The chef is responsible to make sure it is. I won't eat raw fish in the United States unless I'm in a reputable sushi restaurant in a part of the country with access to fresh seafood. Arkansas isn't one of the those places, and the Dillard home is certainly not.  

I don't think I would eat that. 

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I guess I am willing to take the occasional risk, as I make both the occasional sushi or barely-seared slab of Ahi tuna with what I find in the grocery store (if it looks really good). Never lived in Japan, but did spend around 7 1/2 years total in Hawaii, where foods involving raw tuna were common. Although I did have some amazing fresh-off-the-boat tuna a few times (mainly at New Year's celebrations with our neighbors, who would splurge on some of the very best for the occasion), I was actually under the impression that to be truly safe, the Ahi had to be briefly frozen to a temperature which would kill any potential parasites. In any case, I've yet to have any problem with any tuna I've bought here, stateside.

• Love 5

Very true about the parasites. My experience was a long time ago, and there are probably better methods of storing and preserving the tuna now. Poke bowls are popular, so they must not be making people sick. I still pass on most raw fish here. It can never be as fresh and lovely as I remember it. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Day 613. It has been a long while since I last risked penning an entry in this journal.

I can only hope that he will soon resume his schedule of “studying” with Becky from the third row until the early hours of the morning and will not pay as much attention to me, allowing me to resume plotting my escape.

We got a new diary entry! Yaaaaay!

• Love 20
7 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I’m disappointed in myself for this one. I feel like I’ve misplaced my funny.

Hell no! I laughed my ass off!

12 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

.It was almost as though he could sense that I planned to bind him and the female guard together with one of their strings of tacky blinking lights and stuff their mouths with tinsel before letting myself out the front door and hitchhiking across the state line. It was most vexing.

I would pay big bucks to have this happen!

12 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

This time, I have selected a truly inspired hiding place — the bag of the vacuum cleaner, which has not been changed in years. 

I laughed so hard at this! I wouldn't doubt that if they had a bag vacuum that they are still using the bag that came with it..lol

Thank you for another GREAT post!

• Love 24
21 hours ago, Temperance said:

Yes Israel does look both John David and Jill.  I can tell which one is Jana, mainly because she has the same smirk that she does now on her face. Also JB and Michelle are holding the youngest children pictured. (Jana is older than JD.) However Jill looks like a toddler to me, which means baby Jessa and maybe even baby Jinger are born, but not pictured. Jill would have been around 7 months her first Christmas and by the next Christmas Jessa was born in November. It reminds of Jill and Derick leaving Same in the car seat, but at least he's in the photo. 

Was it kid number 5 (Jessa?) well not specifically Jessa just having 5 little ones (oh god I’m talking like Michelle) caused Michelle to have a breakdown in the laundry room? And she had to get help for laundry? Why didn’t she ever think perhaps 5 children is enough! I know she was deep into Gothard but come on if having that many kids gave me a breakdown I’d stop. She easily could’ve made JB use condoms and said If they break it’s God’s will bla bla.

Edited by Puffin
  • Love 9
29 minutes ago, Puffin said:

Was it kid number 5 (Jessa?) well not specifically Jessa just having 5 little ones (oh god I’m talking like Michelle) caused Michelle to have a breakdown in the laundry room? And she had to get help for laundry? Why didn’t she ever think perhaps 5 children is enough! I know she was deep into Gothard but come on if having that many kids gave me a breakdown I’d stop. She easily could’ve made JB use condoms and said If they break it’s God’s will bla bla.

No- Michelle had her breakdown when Joe was a baby, Joe is # 7. She had a mini moment when she learned she was pregnant with Jinger (who’s only 13months behind Jessa).....

IMO if JB cared about Michelle more than his own ego, her laundry room breakdown would’ve been a sign that he needed a vasectomy. Some people enjoy large families, and nothing wrong with that if you can afford it (emotionally AND financially) but the breakdown was a sign to STOP. 

I did hear a woman say once that having 12 kids is so much easier than having 5, because when there were only 5 they were all young and not much help, perhaps JB & Michelle decided to carry on because they knew the girls in the front would take on most of the work. Michelle distinctly said “god gave us the girls in the front to help us with the boys in the middle”. 

Its not only fundies that think this way, in my Sib Group I have cohorts who’s parents admited that they conceived them because they wanted more typical children to help them care for the disabled child. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

No- Michelle had her breakdown when Joe was a baby, Joe is # 7. She had a mini moment when she learned she was pregnant with Jinger (who’s only 13months behind Jessa).....

IMO if JB cared about Michelle more than his own ego, her laundry room breakdown would’ve been a sign that he needed a vasectomy. Some people enjoy large families, and nothing wrong with that if you can afford it (emotionally AND financially) but the breakdown was a sign to STOP. 

I did hear a woman say once that having 12 kids is so much easier than having 5, because when there were only 5 they were all young and not much help, perhaps JB & Michelle decided to carry on because they knew the girls in the front would take on most of the work. Michelle distinctly said “god gave us the girls in the front to help us with the boys in the middle”. 

Its not only fundies that think this way, in my Sib Group I have cohorts who’s parents admited that they conceived them because they wanted more typical children to help them care for the disabled child. 

That sounds a bit like having more kids to provide bone marrow, stem cells, organs, or whatever to a sibling in need. 

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

That sounds a bit like having more kids to provide bone marrow, stem cells, organs, or whatever to a sibling in need. 

At least with the stem cell issue stem cells would’ve been thrown away at birth, and with bone marrow you make more. It can be a one time thing.  Also the child is TERMINALLY ILL. That’s different to me that having children and hoping they will commit years or decades of their life as a caregiver to other children that you chose to have. 

• Love 15

I did hear a woman say once that having 12 kids is so much easier than having 5, because when there were only 5 they were all young and not much help,

I have a friend with a very average number of 3 kids (she says they're done unless something accidental happens, lol). But she did say the first was hard because you're a new parent and don't really know what to do or expect. The second was hard because you have 2 kids (her second was born when her first was two and a half) and have to split focus between a newborn and a toddler. The third was ready because at that point you're a seasoned parent and the older two are at least semi self survey and can entertain themselves while you feed a baby. 

Anyway, my point is that is not just mega families that think that way. Kids are just hard and the more people around to help out with them the easier it gets.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I actually know a family that did this.  Didn't really want a third child, but the the second one had cancer, and the first couldn't be a donor. 

• Love 3

At least with the stem cell issue stem cells would’ve been thrown away at birth, and with bone marrow you make more. It can be a one time thing.  Also the child is TERMINALLY ILL. That’s different to me that having children and hoping they will commit years or decades of their life as a caregiver to other children that you chose to have. 

I guess if you think about it, it's not toooo different from families in the old days who had lots of kids to help on the farm. Then I read this and realized...you're totally right! The difference is that the kids helped on the farm, and then went on to live their own lives. The parents you're talking about expect a lifelong commitment!

• Love 6
11 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

You haven't misplaced it at all! I loved it! 

I'm surprised to see the boys watch Paw Patrol. I didn't realize that they watch Heathen TV. And as a side note, I'm sick of Paw Patrol. And Elsa.. And Frozen... Life with toddlers. 

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I guess if you think about it, it's not toooo different from families in the old days who had lots of kids to help on the farm. Then I read this and realized...you're totally right! The difference is that the kids helped on the farm, and then went on to live their own lives. The parents you're talking about expect a lifelong commitment!

There’s a difference between an age where there wasn’t medical contraception, and the entire economic success of a community desiring for every able person to contribute and “I expect a lifetime help from people who didn’t had no say in this decision.” If JB & Michelle are doing this to Jana, then they fall in the latter category. 

• Love 10
49 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

You haven't misplaced it at all! I loved it! 

I'm surprised to see the boys watch Paw Patrol. I didn't realize that they watch Heathen TV. And as a side note, I'm sick of Paw Patrol. And Elsa.. And Frozen... Life with toddlers. 

I was thinking the same thing about all the Paw Patrol that's seen in those pictures. I wasn't aware that Nick hows were allowed by the Fundie crowd. I mean good for them, sorry, Yay!! for them.

Edited by galaxygirl76
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

A friend of mine kinda fell into this. Her oldest was profoundly disabled so when she remarried they had another child so that when she passed away, the older child could live with the younger one. Then another friends of ours admitted to doing the same thing, her eldest was profoundly Autistic so they had another to care for the daughter after death. On one hand I get this thought process, on the other hand that is a huge burden to stick a child with automatically. I firmly believe that there are those who can handle individuals with special needs and those who can't---you have zero idea if your next child can or wants to handle that level of responsibility. 

1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I was thinking the same thing about all the Paw Patrol that's seen in those pictures. I wasn't aware that Nick hows were allowed by the Fundie crowd. I mean good for them, sorry, Yay!! for them.

The kids may have no idea who the Paw Patrols are, but Jill saw dogs and blue and thought "Boys bed". 

• Love 12
13 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

If Jill ever reads this forum, she’ll be gunning for Becky in the third row.

Too funny. Keep them coming!

• Love 17
22 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

We got a new diary entry! Yaaaaay!

"My fellow captive, Yaaay" is never NOT going to make me guffaw! 

Now, "reptilian intelligence" joins the list! BTW there is a great book for trial attorneys (particularly plaintiffs' attorneys) called "Reptile" so this is like a next level description! Yaaaaay! 

Re: Jim Boob should have given Michelle's reproductive system and mental health a break from babies. Do you remember that mother quite a few years back who suffered from severe post-partum psychosis and drowned all 4 of her small children? If I recall correctly, they were Quiverfull, and the husband was rightly blamed for not taking her mental health seriously. She'd exhibited troubling behavior before killing them, and his response was to insist he knew best, and to force more joyful shagging* upon her, ultimately to the point of psychotic break. She was just told to pray, not given the opportunity to get mental health care. IMO Michelle is lucky she didn't go fully :round the bend. 

BTW it is downright abusive to automatically expect your other children to care for disabled siblings when the parents can no longer. Each child is autonomous, and entitled to a full complement of life choices. Of course many want to do so, but it is abusive to their rights and lives to expect them to do so. 

Edited by xtwheeler
Being opinionated; "joyful shagging" and "joyful sagging" aren't the same thing. But might be?
  • Love 24
17 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Young lady, I spewed holiday coffee with Bailey’s out my nose with this.   Becky from the third row? Classic! ❤️

• Love 15
8 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Then again, people have babies to force a partner to stay, to try to save a failing marriage, to inherit money, because they were too lazy or intoxicated to use birth control.  Having children who might be able to save the life of a sibling, or care for a disabled sibling; isn't even in the ballpark when it comes to lousy reasons to procreate.

• Love 20
57 minutes ago, xtwheeler said:

"My fellow captive, Yaaay" is never NOT going to make me guffaw! 

Now, "reptilian intelligence" joins the list! BTW there is a great book for trial attorneys (particularly plaintiffs' attorneys) called "Reptile" so this is like a next level description! Yaaaaay! 

Re: Jim Boob should have given Michelle's reproductive system and mental health a break from babies. Do you remember that mother quite a few years back who suffered from severe post-partum psychosis and drowned all 4 of her small children? If I recall correctly, they were Quiverfull, and the husband was rightly blamed for not taking her mental health seriously. She'd exhibited troubling behavior before killing them, and his response was to insist he knew best, and to force more joyful sagging upon her, ultimately to the point of psychotic break. She was just told to pray, not given the opportunity to get mental health care. IMO Michelle is lucky she didn't go fully :round the bend. 

BTW it is downright abusive to automatically expect your other children to care for disabled siblings when the parents can no longer. Each child is autonomous, and entitled to a full complement of life choices. Of course many want to do so, but it is abusive to their rights and lives to expect them to do so. 

Andrea Yates right? That story is so sad. Her husband was just as responsible IMO for what happened to those kids

1 minute ago, doodlebug said:

Then again, people have babies to force a partner to stay, to try to save a failing marriage, to inherit money, because they were too lazy or intoxicated to use birth control.  Having children who might be able to save the life of a sibling, or care for a disabled sibling; isn't even in the ballpark when it comes to lousy reasons to procreate.

Wasn't there a book by Jodi Piccoult about this very thing? Sister was born to help cure older sister of cancer- I think it was called my sister's keeper. It was a good but sad story and a quick read.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, yogi2014L said:

1 minute ago, yogi2014L said:

Wasn't there a book by Jodi Piccoult about this very thing? Sister was born to help cure older sister of cancer- I think it was called my sister's keeper. It was a good but sad story and a quick read.

Yep, the book is 'My Sister's Keeper' and it has also been made into a movie.  In it, a daughter is conceived at least in part to provide a bone marrow transplant for her older sister.  Turned out the sister then had ongoing health issues into her teens and the younger daughter spends much of her childhood donating blood and bone marrow to her sister which has limited her own life. In the book, the younger sister finds a lawyer to file suit to medically emancipate herself to avoid having to give her sister a kidney.  What the parents don't realize is that the older daughter is emotionally and physically exhausted and doesn't want the transplant.  She doesn't know how to tell her mom and dad. so her sister once again steps in to save her. Big twist in the story and sad ending. Jodi Picoult is a very good writer who does an excellent job at exploring contemporary ethical issues, I've read a lot of her stuff. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Thanks everybody. I’m just down, I guess. It’s been a really rough month. But i’m glad I brought some laughs to you! 

Awww, hugs to you, and I hope you have better times in the New Year.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, xtwheeler said:

Re: Jim Boob should have given Michelle's reproductive system and mental health a break from babies. Do you remember that mother quite a few years back who suffered from severe post-partum psychosis and drowned all 4 of her small children? If I recall correctly, they were Quiverfull, and the husband was rightly blamed for not taking her mental health seriously. She'd exhibited troubling behavior before killing them, and his response was to insist he knew best, and to force more joyful sagging upon her, ultimately to the point of psychotic break. She was just told to pray, not given the opportunity to get mental health care. IMO Michelle is lucky she didn't go fully :round the 

Andrea Yates actually had 5 kids that she drowned, not 4.  And, yes, Michelle should've stopped having kids when she had the laundry room breakdown.  Instead, she and her husband forced her neighbor, her mother in law and her young daughters to raise their children for them.

• Love 22
5 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Andrea Yates actually had 5 kids that she drowned, not 4.  And, yes, Michelle should've stopped having kids when she had the laundry room breakdown.  Instead, she and her husband forced her neighbor, her mother in law and her young daughters to raise their children for them.

Thank you for the correction and further information! I just couldn't bring myself to look up the details. Still too horrible. They just love to dismiss the well-being of women, even when it puts their precious arrows of the quiver at risk. I've even seen them advocating for not treating women for tubal pregnancies, because it us up to god to determine if the pregnancy and the woman survive. Despite the fact that virtually no women survive, and often would leave other, motherless children, sacred are the bundle of cells. Women are disposable. 

• Love 20