Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Forgive me for defending Derick, but I don't think he knew about Josh and the molestations until the police report was released. After the shit hit the fan, he did take his wife to Danger America to create as much distance as possible, but that turned out to be a disaster. I'm actually looking at him liking the Tweet as an F.U. to his in-laws, not selective outrage. 

• Love 16

The Catholic church is a huge entity, the Duggars are a family. The Duggars not publicizing what Josh did to his sisters is far different than a church relocating offending priests, privately paying off survivors and continually putting young children in harms way.

I think Derick's like of that post is a continuation of his mindset that his Christianity is the only right Christianity.

• Love 11
59 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The Duggars not publicizing what Josh did to his sisters is far different than a church relocating offending priests, privately paying off survivors and continually putting young children in harms way.

Yeah, because not reporting for three years and doing everything they could to avoid the legal system is “not publicizing”. The Duggar parents are as monstrous as The Church. Evil is banal.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Forgive me for defending Derick, but I don't think he knew about Josh and the molestations until the police report was released. After the shit hit the fan, he did take his wife to Danger America to create as much distance as possible, but that turned out to be a disaster. I'm actually looking at him liking the Tweet as an F.U. to his in-laws, not selective outrage. 

I agree with you. I think Derrick knows what was done to Jill was awful and wouldn’t want the same thing to happen to anyone else. That’s completely seperate from his other flaws. 

• Love 12
On 12/20/2018 at 9:39 PM, allonsyalice said:

Honestly, my favourite part is Anna's comment saying her kids don't like it. Like.. Good?? I hope Sam and Izzy don't like it either!!

Please don’t hope that.  I can totally see Dickwad forcing Izzy to eat the slop, and not allowing him to leave the table until it’s gone.  

49 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

And that was the moment I stopped watching for good.

Ditto

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

And that was the moment I stopped watching for good.

Since the scandal, I haven’t been able to stomach more than 30 second clips. I’ve watched maybe 5 minutes, total, in years. I want to tear my skin off. I don’t know how people do it.

• Love 6

Our friends, the Gurels, made this soup for us once and it was such a favorite, that we got the recipe and have been making it ever since! It is a super easy soup to throw together and easy to change up for small or large groups. The amazing flavor comes from the cilantro and lime juice, so be sure not to skimp on those ingredients! 

4 (15 oz.) cans diced tomatoes

2 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce

3-4 (15 oz.) cans beans (different kinds for a variety in color and flavor…black, pinto, etc.)

3 chicken breasts, cooked, cubed

1 bag (10 oz.) frozen corn

1 bunch fresh cilantro, washed, finely chopped*

1/4-1/2 cup lime juice (I usually taste test and if using freshly squeezed limes with pulp, you may use the lesser amount)

Add everything to large pot, except lime and cilantro. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, then turn to low heat and let simmer for 30 min. Add lime and cilantro last 5-10 min. Serve with tortilla chips, shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream.

*I usually try to wash and chop my cilantro when I get it from the store, then I just keep it in the freezer so it’s easy to have some already prepared to throw into dishes, plus it keeps it from going bad so quickly in the fridge! 

Disclaimer: Recipes on this site are a collection of our favorites. Some are our own recipes and others may have not originated on our site and/or have been adapted from other sites.

I don't make home made soup, but it seems to me this recipe is lacking things. No spices, salt, or something to balance all the acid from the tomatoes and lime juice? At least it's not beige for a change, but this sounds like little more than tomato juice. 

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I don't make home made soup, but it seems to me this recipe is lacking things. No spices, salt, or something to balance all the acid from the tomatoes and lime juice? At least it's not beige for a change, but this sounds like little more than tomato juice. 

At the very least it needs a good dose of cumin and a dash of hot pepper sauce.

• Love 17

To turn two cans of tomato sauce in to soup, you need to dilute it with at least one cup of water, milk or cream.  Who just eats tomato sauce and calls it soup?  This recipe sucks.  It's just another recipe joke on Jill.

• Love 11
On 12/3/2018 at 5:29 PM, PikaScrewChu said:

I don't think they have an idea what "healthy" hair should look like. Their hair has always been fried and that's their normal.

Plus they've hit the peak point with pants and nose studs. I don't think we're ever going to see a Duggar woman lopping off her hair to shoulder length. They don't know any different or they are afraid of disappointing the men in their lives. I often wonder how Josie is going to fare since I think her terminal hair length is going to be much shorter than her sisters' with the way her hair is growing.

As a tangent I used to dance for a company and the main artistic director demands that all the women have their hair down to at least their mid-back and that it all be one length. The longer, the better. The straighter, the better too. You were expected to buy a wig or wear extensions if you couldn't grow your hair that long. You'd be honestly surprised at the amount of women that don't know how to take care of long hair. So many ratty ends. It looks great from a distance with loads of product but up close, yeesh.

Ya know, I started answering this like you were taking about Josie Bates and then I remembered there is a Josie Duggar. Hopefully she takes a hint from the older non-related types and styles it into a cute shoulder length look. 

2 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Where is the canned soup?! Certainly this has to be an omission. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Where is the canned soup?! Certainly this has to be an omission. 

It appears to have shredded cheese and sour cream, so at least there’s some consistency!  (And no, I’ll never look at one of her recipes and give them hits!)

• Love 5

Shouldn't there be some chicken/Vegetable broth or stock in the soup? So the liquid in the recipe to make this a soup is tomato sauce and what I am assuming are undrained diced tomatoes? I would think she would need some cumin or chili powder as well. I do not know why I am thinking logically, this is Jill we are talking about. 

This recipe is basically throwing beans and corn into a jar of tomato sauce and then exclaiming in a Jill voice "Yay soup!" After everyone is done eating then you must ask "Are you happy?" over and over.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 19
4 hours ago, Mollie said:

To turn two cans of tomato sauce in to soup, you need to dilute it with at least one cup of water, milk or cream.  Who just eats tomato sauce and calls it soup?  This recipe sucks.  It's just another recipe joke on Jill.

I think she dumps the beans in liquid and all.  No mention of draining beans in any recipe she uses them in.  So that’s why it needs so much simmering to reduce the liquid in the 3-4 cans, when the chicken is already cooked.  Also bumps up those important sodium levels.  I would need to add some onion and garlic (my go to ingredients in anything) and some other spices.  I use a prepared Thai seasoning in many things.  Just a hint of chilli as I can’t do the heat, but has the coriander that I like.

• Love 10
On 12/20/2018 at 10:39 PM, allonsyalice said:

Honestly, my favourite part is Anna's comment saying her kids don't like it. Like.. Good?? I hope Sam and Izzy don't like it either!!

Somehow I don't think not liking something is an option in their household, with Jill's cult mentality and Derick's being an asshole.

• Love 7

That's not soup. The still in the video looks more like chili than soup. My husband makes a great chili with sour cream and shredded cheese on top.  Jill really can't cook and/or doesn't know what good food should taste like. She just doesn't 'get it'.

• Love 7

I suspect you're right, Zahdil. Case in point, Jill's recipes almost never refer to her life as an adult woman. They're all about mama, daddy and reproducing ginormous amounts of cheap (in terms of price per serving) food that are completely unnecessary for Jill with a family of four. I mean, you're probably paying about the same in canned food for 20 as you would be fresh for 4. You also don't see many recipes from Cathy, Nepalese dishes for Derrick or even things they picked up in Danger America. 

What I don't know, is if this Duggar nostalgia recipe collection is due to Jill trying to monetize her family connection (which is, sadly, not entirely stupid due to the leghumpers) or Jill's issues with growing up.

Edited by satrunrose
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, Zahdii said:

I think Jill could learn these things, but she won't because she was raised by incompetant parents, educated poorly, and assured that she was the the product of the best and the brightest Jesus had to offer.  She really thought that her role in life was to be a living example of The Way We All Should Live, and that she was ready and capable of it.

She had visions of being a world class midwife who would bring babies into the world and teach the ways of the Lord while she was at it.  In truth, she was taught by a woman who is a menace to pregnant women everywhere, and Jill proved it by bungling both of her own pregnancies and deliveries.

She was encouraged to marry a man hand picked by her daddy, who I still suspect wanted to get her married off before that mean ol' Jessa got the honor of being the first Duggar daughter to gallop down the aisle.  It looked good on paper, Derick was a college educated "missionary" that ran circles around hapless Bin and his starry eyed dreams of making the beautiful Jessa his wife.  We all thought that Derick was going to introduce Jill to a wider world and use his degree to actually support his family while Bin wandered around the Duggar properties cleaning toilets for JB.

Jill got a huge house and an obscene amount of wedding gifts from people who didn't even know her, but within weeks of nearly dying in childbirth she was whisked off to scary Central America where her so-called midwife degree was useless and illegal there, and shower racks were trying to scare the living shit out of her.  Jessa actually managed to birth at home before someone wisely decided to take her to the hospital when she was hemorrhaging.  Then Derick imploded and is persona non grata while Ben is doing the college thing, although I still don't know how he's supporting his family.

Jinger entered the Wife Wars and blew both of them out of the water (in some respects) by snagging a college educated, professional athlete who claimed to have given it all up to become a minister, and then Jinger not only moved away from the family, she thrived.  She even seemed pleased to not become pregnant within weeks of her wedding, and when she finally had a baby she did it in a hospital.

The rest of the Duggar kids who've married seem content to live their lives off social media, so they don't get as much attention, or critisism. 

But Jill can't let go of her idea that she's supposed to be living her life for others to see and emulate.  The problem is, there's nothing to emulate.  No one wants to be married to a Derick, her marriage looks like the before picture of a nasty divorce, she has problems relating to her children as a mother, and she's incapable of doing anything by herself.  But everyone needs to eat, right?  So she tries to share what she thinks is the proper food to feed a growing family.  I think she might realize that despite what the leghumpers say, she's not the next Paula Deen, Ina Gartin, or even the next Pioneer Woman.  She even makes Sandra Lee look good.

I think Jill could learn to be a better cook, learn more about nutrition, be a more nurturing mother.  But she doesn't want to do anything without her family or Derick glued to her hip.  Her family, in general, seems content to let her wallow in incompetance and Derick won't bother because it's woman's work and he probably can't even make himself a sandwich.  She also gives the impression that she's scared that someone will try to sneak in ideas that are anathema to her ingrained beliefs.  She'll scour the internet and the backs of boxes and cans for recipes, because they can't demonstrate a better way to live or challenge her thinking. 

Jill has had a tremendous number of shocks since her marriage, and I think that she won't expand any more than she has to because she was never given the tools to grow and change.  I think she's aware that there's more out there, and she can't stay in her bubble forever, but she's resisting.  She's going to go as slowly as she can, because she's not capable of moving any faster.

Great, now I want to see Jill's take on the infamous Kwanzaa cake.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, dariafan said:

Guys, I asked my dog if she was happy today.   I came here for solace 

I feel you.  One of my cats bit me this morning when I asked him if he was happy & then said Yay! when he stretched.  He did perk up when I gave him some canned food, but then he went right back to bed & ignored me.  To comfort myself I'm now reading the highlighted pages (all of them) in my "boundaries" book while sitting in the bathroom folding laundry. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

It would include actual tree bark and acorns with the caps and shells. It's been years since I watched the monstrosity that is her Kwanza cake, so I can't remember what else Sandra Lee crammed into the thing, but I'm sure Jill's would still manage to be even less appealing. 

2 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Edited by Fostersmom
  • Love 2

I wonder if PART of Jill's problem is that she expects to have a family of 10+, and doesn't want to change the way she cooks for a few years before having to go back to foods that feed a crowd. Maybe she doesn't want to learn how to prepare fresh veggies when she thinks she'll have to take them away in a few years, and she wants her kids to grow up eating the same kinds of things consistently (though idk why she'd want them eating this stuff). However, she might as well give it up and make better food, because somehow I just don't see her having a huge family 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Jill has had a tremendous number of shocks since her marriage, and I think that she won't expand any more than she has to because she was never given the tools to grow and change.  I think she's aware that there's more out there, and she can't stay in her bubble forever, but she's resisting.  She's going to go as slowly as she can, because she's not capable of moving any faster.

You really nailed it with your post, but the one thing I would add is that snitchy little Jill is convinced she is the brightest and the best.  She is a pompous ass just like her dad and her husband.  She's convinced she does everything so perfectly, so why in the world would she need to grow or change?

2 hours ago, dariafan said:

Well, don't leave us hangin.  Is she happy?  If so, YAY!!

• Love 18
2 hours ago, dariafan said:

As long as she didn't respond by staring uncertainly at you and then peeing on the carpet, you're fine.  Just don't do it again.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Corn nuts floating on top of cream of chicken soup. Unlit candles in the background. And a big green salad.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The actual sushi is Jill's favorite food color, but overall it's actually a nice pic.  Jinger vs Jill - who will win?

2 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Did a shark eat a part of the cutting board

Is the knife for Michael Myers?

yikes.

data=UCAjNKo5z_N2tBhgHIgofhU3sy-MG06KmgW

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

And, of course, the recipe came from a “dear friend.”

Do you think it’ll possible that Jill understands just enough about copyrights that she uses this lie to cover her tracks?

After all, it was the fictional “dear friend” who stole the recipe, not sweet little Jill.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I'm not buying that Jill made it.  If she had, she would have put it on her Instagram just to silence her critics.  If she made it with him, she would have bragged about #BestHubbyEver.  Even without a "recipe", she would have shown it off.    I'd bet that DereDick made it & is trying to take some of the criticism off poor wittle Jilly Muffin.    I have my doubts that she is capable of straight up lying about something (misleading, yes) but no doubt that DereDick would absolutely lie about something like this. 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Derelict takes better food pictures than Jill, but still not as good as Jinger's Jingersnaps.

I bet he's the one who has been looking at food photos & this is a "lesson" for her on how to take better food pics.   She won't listen to anyone else, so he'll be the one to try and teach her.  He's probably read all the comments about her food pics & also saw the reaction to Jinger's Jingersnap pics.  If there really is any tension between the 2 couples, DereDick would definitely take the Jingersnaps as a shot across the bow & realize without his input, Jilly's food pics won't ever come close to Jinger's. 

• Love 1