Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Hoping the Duggar kidults that are married go to their spouses families for  real home cooked Thanksgiving meals.

I’m interested where Jill, Joe, and Jinger spend their Thanksgiving day. Si’s in laws are fame whores who will willingly sit down to a meal with foam plates/cups, and plastic utensils.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I love that canned stuff with a passion, specially on a turkey sandwich. I'm sure Duggars don't even know cranberries come in any other form.

I'm having canned cranberry for dinner tonight. But I'm making my own dressing/stuffing whichever. And brussel sprouts yum.

I'm not really a huge fan on cranberry sauce, but I do make my own, with orange zest added. Mr Jyn does actually like the canned stuff. I don't know whether he likes it better than homemade, but since he knows how much I like making things from scratch he doesn't complain.

Turkey is in the oven, so I'm taking a short break. Stuffing is in the turkey - I know that's not the recommended way of doing it, but since I haven't killed anyone over the past 33 years of doing it that way, I'm probably too old to change.

Sweet potatoes are roasted, mashed, seasoned, and ready to go back into the oven. Creamed onions are done and will just need re-heating. Gravy is made from the turkey stock I made yesterday from extra wings. It's thick, so I can just add drippings from the turkey once it comes out of the oven.  Still need to prep the Brussels sprouts and make mashed potatoes. The bag of corn can just steam in the microwave because there's a limit to how many things you can make into more trouble than they need to be! LOL

Oh, and the apple pie is done as well. My daughter is bringing the pumpkin cheesecake.

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'm not really a huge fan on cranberry sauce, but I do make my own, with orange zest added. Mr Jyn does actually like the canned stuff. I don't know whether he likes it better than homemade, but since he knows how much I like making things from scratch he doesn't complain.

Turkey is in the oven, so I'm taking a short break. Stuffing is in the turkey - I know that's not the recommended way of doing it, but since I haven't killed anyone over the past 33 years of doing it that way, I'm probably too old to change.

Sweet potatoes are roasted, mashed, seasoned, and ready to go back into the oven. Creamed onions are done and will just need re-heating. Gravy is made from the turkey stock I made yesterday from extra wings. It's thick, so I can just add drippings from the turkey once it comes out of the oven.  Still need to prep the Brussels sprouts and make mashed potatoes. The bag of corn can just steam in the microwave because there's a limit to how many things you can make into more trouble than they need to be! LOL

Oh, and the apple pie is done as well. My daughter is bringing the pumpkin cheesecake.

I ALWAYS stuff the turkey.  Always. 

• Love 8

Another stuffer here...I read an article s few years back that heating the stuffing before putting it in the bird helps everything heat up faster and is therefore safer.

So that’s what I do as a concession!

You are all way ahead of me...must get to work.

Happy holiday, all my beloved fellow snarkers...

• Love 6

The stuffing definitely tastes better if you cook it inside the bird. 

We're heading over to my in-laws in a bit. My responsibilities are pretty light this year. I made a berry trifle for dessert, and the infamous Green Bean Casserole. 

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

We're heading over to my in-laws in a bit. My responsibilities are pretty light this year. I made a berry trifle for dessert, and the infamous Green Bean Casserole. 

Then, too, my daughter is vegetarian, so I keep some of the stuffing aside for her, season it with some "no chicken" bouillon (which I also use to make a vegetarian gravy for her) and she gets a stuffed portabello mushroom instead of turkey. Everything else she can eat.

18 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think so as well...and the turkey tastes better, too. Glad some people here agree :)

• Love 4

Derick has a live video in his Instagram stories from 7 hours ago. He looks exceptionally well rested and Sam (who is strapped into his high chair, because where else would he be?) just looks shell-shocked throughout. They're watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and it would appear they are doing their own celebration/dinner. Also, Jill's "whaaat?!"s mock-surprise responses are nearly as annoying, if not as frequent, as her yaaaays.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

That could be yet another sign that Derick is persona non grata around the TTH.

It's also possible they're eating twice? If not, one would think they would at least pop over to the TTH to visit at some point today.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:
  •  

B503913D-D4AD-4ED2-B79C-5A551C61FC8B.jpeg

Ughhhh, I hate when they say, "dating with a purpose." Some of us heathens are looking for a spouse, too! Not all single people have a one-night stand every weekend! Certainly Derick knew someone in college who dated someone seriously, and ended up married? I can even see the duggars spouting out this line because they are sheltered, but I'm sure Derick has seen many, many people meet, date seriously, and then marry!

• Love 15
12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Need to confess, no cranberry chutney at our Thanksgiving table. We have cranberry out of the can, can rings and all and I enjoy every bite!

Ocean Spray cranberry sauce recipe from the bag of berries, with Splenda instead of sugar, is what I make.  Mr. Xword is diabetic, so I try to limit his sugar.  The canned cranberry sauce is great, and when we have guests, it comes in very handy.  I absolutely love green beans, and I buy fresh even when expensive, but in a pinch, I'll eat frozen or canned.  

I'm proud to say, I've never eaten the Green Bean Casserole with the cream of ? soup and the fried onions.  Nor have I ever made it.  We all have our holiday dishes likes & dislikes.  I only got to like Brussels Sprouts in the last 5 years, after I lost major poundage.

Poor Jill.  Isn't she the one that hid food and ate in the bathroom, so she wouldn't have to share?  She must have a few admirers to keep posting those awful recipes.  Even if her MIL worked full-time, I would hope Miss Cathy made meals without all those canned ingredients.  Maybe not.

• Love 1

I hope all my posting friends here had a nice Thanksgiving day, each in their own way. I did all the cooking; my sons' requested their favorite sides from when they were little; Italian sausage dressing /and the infamous green bean casserole. My husband likes his mashed potatoes 'stiff', so they were. All were from fresh ingredients. I highly doubt other than the turkey, was anything fresh in the Duggar home today.

My son brought a special young lady in his life for us to meet.....(I hope they're 'dating with a purpose.) I should have instructed them to do so AND provide a chaperone for them/24/7. 

• Love 14

I worked today, my son in law made dinner. Then one of my daughters took the children to her house and they had a cold and long nerf battle in her yard when my other daughter left for work. Now I have one grandson while his parents are shopping. 

We have done holidays before and after the actual date. This was on the date for once. 😃

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Ughhhh, I hate when they say, "dating with a purpose." Some of us heathens are looking for a spouse, too! Not all single people have a one-night stand every weekend! Certainly Derick knew someone in college who dated someone seriously, and ended up married? I can even see the duggars spouting out this line because they are sheltered, but I'm sure Derick has seen many, many people meet, date seriously, and then marry!

I know...I mean, I suppose there are people out there who more or less see dating as some sort of pinball game where you just ping off the nearest immobile object and the aim is more to keep yourself out there for as long as possible and rack up as many points as you can, but pretty much anyone I've ever known has dated with at least a long-term intent to find the love of their lives. I dated very little before I met Mr. Jyn when I was 25. Maybe six or seven people in six or seven years, but only two of those lasted for more than three dates, and none more than five or six . I just didn't see the point in dating someone I didn't see a future with. At least I learned a bit about chemistry, but, in retrospect, sometimes I kinda think it would have been nice to have learned more...

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

51 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I know...I mean, I suppose there are people out there who more or less see dating as some sort of pinball game where you just ping off the nearest immobile object and the aim is more to keep yourself out there for as long as possible and rack up as many points as you can, but pretty much anyone I've ever known has dated with at least a long-term intent to find the love of their lives. I dated very little before I met Mr. Jyn when I was 25. Maybe six or seven people in six or seven years, but only two of those lasted for more than three dates, and none more than five or six . I just didn't see the point in dating someone I didn't see a future with. At least I learned a bit about chemistry, but, in retrospect, sometimes I kinda think it would have been nice to have learned more...

I think for many (but not most) secular people dating is a method to establish a routine companion and get their need for partnered sex met, not necessarily find a life partner. Only an idiot like Derrick would think that “dating” means having a one night stand every weekend. 

But to slightly defend the Duggars (ugh I cannot believe it) in the secular world of 2018 many people “date” for YEARS with no intention to marry/co-habit or “life partner” (this is especially true for older people who have done that already); the term “dating” doesn’t mean the same thing for everyone, so I see that “courting” fits in with their express purpose of finding a spouse. 

Everyone has their own path to finding interpersonal fulfillment, it’s not better or worse to have dated a lot of people before getting married, nor dated a few etc etc. 

1 minute ago, QuinnInND said:

"Dating with a purpose"... Good God. Yes, sometimes the purpose is to get laid. But I digress. These damn people have to try and be holier than thou with everything they do! Ugh. 

I had to quote you because that was too damn funny!

• Love 10
9 hours ago, graefin said:

Derick has a live video in his Instagram stories from 7 hours ago. He looks exceptionally well rested

Isn't he supposed to be in law school?  Rigorously hitting the books every night? 

9 hours ago, graefin said:

Sam (who is strapped into his high chair, because where else would he be?) just looks shell-shocked throughout. They're watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade

That sounds like a great diary entry in the making, if @mynextmistake (who I know is busy right now) needs some future inspiration. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Creamed onions are done and will just need re-heating. 

I have to ask because I’ve never heard of this before, and I love all things onion, what are creamed onions and how do I make them?!

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Enya Face said:

I have to ask because I’ve never heard of this before, and I love all things onion, what are creamed onions and how do I make them?!

I'm not sure of @Jynnan tonnix recipe, but my mom always made pearl onions and peas. Very basic: the onions and peas with a cream sauce made of flour, milk and butter.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm not sure of @Jynnan tonnix recipe, but my mom always made pearl onions and peas. Very basic: the onions and peas with a cream sauce made of flour, milk and butter.

Yup...I generally put a bit of other flavoring in the sauce...a little wine, a little mustard, salt and pepper, of course, and a dash of ground nutmeg...no peas as Mr Jyn despises them. The onions also add a nice flavor to the sauce as they cook through.

• Love 7

Derick’s only purpose was to get in JB’s good graces and snag one of his daughters. Derick was the one who contacted JB and asked to be a prayer partner. The whole thing was contrived. Derick wanted to bask in the glow of the famous teevee Duggar family and reap the rewards without doing any of the work.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Broken Ox said:

I wonder if they were watching the parade when the two girls kissed? 

You don't think Jill would allow Derick to watch the parade with those brazen Rockettes flinging their legs around? NIKE! NIKE!

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Westiepeach said:

Plus I always felt Derelict would have settled for any Duggar female. Jill, Jana, Joy? Didn’t matter. He wanted in that family. No matter what.

Exactly. He certainly wasn’t a Don Juan. He had little dating experience, but being approved by JB gave him entry into the Duggar empire. 

I don’t think any of the eligible females other than Jill showed any interest in him. Jill went full steam ahead with daddy’s approval.

• Love 16

Jill states that she is taking a walk with the boys in the upper photograph. Why do we only see a picture of Sam? Where is Izzy? Another banner day for his self esteem. (Sarcasm) 

P.S. somebody needs to clean those burner plates on the stove. They are all discolored and filthy. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Plus I always felt Derelict would have settled for any Duggar female. Jill, Jana, Joy? Didn’t matter. He wanted in that family. No matter what.

Exactly. He certainly wasn’t a Don Juan. He had little dating experience, but being approved by JB gave him entry into the Duggar empire. 

I don’t think any of the eligible females other than Jill showed any interest in him. Jill went full steam ahead with daddy’s approval.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Jill states that she is taking a walk with the boys in the upper photograph. Why do we only see a picture of Sam? Where is Izzy? Another banner day for his self esteem. (Sarcasm) 

P.S. somebody needs to clean those burner plates on the stove. They are all discolored and filthy. 

Izzy is in the picture- upper left hand side.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

It may have loaded oddly. He’s there.

61F764D1-2A59-410F-92E8-5F321F21A410.jpeg

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

It may have loaded oddly. He’s there.

Now I see him, but I didn’t at first and it was concerning for me. Thanks for reposting it and telling me to look for him (although he was very visible in your posts) 

Thank you Barb and Ginger 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Broken Ox said:

I wonder if they were watching the parade when the two girls kissed? 

I hope so!  

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

What a gross and pointless photo. Poorly composed as usual. There are so many better ways to show “I love turkey”. 

• Love 11
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Thank you @GeeGolly! That sounds delicious!

9 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Yup...I generally put a bit of other flavoring in the sauce...a little wine, a little mustard, salt and pepper, of course, and a dash of ground nutmeg...no peas as Mr Jyn despises them. The onions also add a nice flavor to the sauce as they cook through.

And thank you, @Jynnan tonnix. I’m totally making this soon!

33 minutes ago, awaken said:

I hope so!  

What a gross and pointless photo. Poorly composed as usual. There are so many better ways to show “I love turkey”. 

I agree!  It looks like he's greedily grasping the drumstick for himself.  His post about tvs is stupid and unfunny.  He's a creep.  

• Love 22
On 11/21/2018 at 11:14 AM, lascuba said:

Just came across this story about an American killed on on island off the coast of India and immediately thought of Jill and Derick. The guy was a Christian missionary trying to contact a group that has never had any contact with the outside world. They are known to immediately shoot arrows at anyone approaching the island and are protected under Indian law. How long before we see tweets and insta posts reminding us of the "danger" they were in as missioncationers and how that could have been them.

This came up in conversation yesterday.  My husband's cousin & wife have gone the missionary route.  They are in England  trying to convert Muslims to Christianity.  

How on earth does Dillweed have time for that kind of crap?  If I'd have known law school took so little of my time, I would have done it 40 years ago.

What a clueless dildo.  Poor Jill, she doesn't know enough to be ashamed of that dickwad she married.  Sad to the Nth.

• Love 18