Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, LilJen said:

This is pretty much true. They're allowed to pay far below minimum wage with the expectation that servers will make up the rest in tips. The whole tipping culture is boosted by our history of slavery. So Derrick and Jill might justify their poor tipping by saying, "well, we didn't want them to feel like slaves!"

That was a really interesting article @LilJen thanks! It had never entered my mind that tipping a waiter would be a sign that I thought them to be inferior in any way; to me it's just a token of appreciation for a job well done. This is what makes these boards so great, I always learn new things and perspectives.

• Love 7

I made this casserole for dinner tonight.  I rarely measure ingredients when I cook, but I did measure the heavy cream and chicken broth for this.  It was quite involved and made a ton.  Is it easier than Jill's glop dumped on a plate?  No.  Was it healthier and tastier?  Yes.  It could be tailored to suit a variety of needs-lower sodium broth or brown rice, for example.  I have a fairly large Pinterest page for main dishes.  We refer to it as guinea pig Sunday.  It gives us something different to try, and I always keep a wide range of prep/cook time so I'm not wasting my day in the kitchen.  I meal plan each week, generally on Friday afternoon, and I shop for groceries on Saturday.  I don't necessarily match each meal to a specific day, but I run less of a chance of missing an item from planning.  Jill has more than enough time in one day to plan and shop for needed items.  It's just the two of us, but I try to make Sunday's meal one that will generate lunches for Mr. Six.  It's not hard or time intensive. It just takes a little thought & perusing your stock. My house may be messy, but I'll be damned if I have family drive 300 miles over 4 hours and serve them a shitty dinner from a Campbell's can.  You come to our house and I will feed you.  You won't leave hungry, and you'll get leftovers if you ask.  Get with the program Muffin.

ETA-asking they be moved to a different table is crazy.  There's reasoning to that little seating chart at the host/ess desk.  The only time we sit together is when our parents are in town.  I need room to move, a space to put my purse (I loathe putting it on the back of a chair), and on occasion, space to cut whatever I'm eating.  Maybe one of them has to cut up the other's food?  You know, as you do for a child, or in this case, spouse.  If they start feeding each other, I'm done.  

Edited by sixlets
  • Love 21

There is a website called Stained Apron where people in the food service industry shared stories. It was inactive for many years but looks like it has been resurrected in the last year or so. There was a section about celebrities and whether they were generous or cheap. Unless new ones were added recently, the stories are at least 10 years old, but still very interesting. Here’s the link: https://www.stainedapron.com/celebs.htm  I hope Jill and Derick are generous tippers, but I sincerely doubt it. 

Regarding Jill’s recipes, my son is home from college and requested 2 of his favorite meals this week. One is a pasta dish, one is chicken. Both are much healthier than Jill’s recipes, use fresh ingredients, and are just as easy to make. I found both on the internet many years ago. I didnt grow up eating very healthy either and my mom rarely used fresh ingredients. I wanted better for my children. With the internet, it is so easy to find healthy recipes. Jill is just too lazy, ignorant, or arrogant to look. Probably a combination of all three. 

Edited by EVS
Grammar because college kid kept distracting me while I was typing my post
  • Love 12

Add Michael Jordan to the bad tippers list. My friend waited on him. Gave him a private area. Opened the kitchen to cook shrimp for him and his friends. Allowed him to smoke cigars. Numerous trips to get drinks for his crowd. The bill was 3k. The tip was $50. She said she would have made more if she had more tables than spending all her time to wait on him. In my area when people see him coming they fight over who gets to serve him, as he’s a notorious bad tipper. 

• Love 9

When I saw Jill's latest "recipe", I honestly thought she was taking the piss out of all of us. 

There were years when I worked a full time job and ran a business on the side and I barely had time to do the bare minimum at home. During that time I never resorted to these canned soup disaster meals. 

My husband isn't picky but I felt it was important to eat healthy.  My solution was doing a weekly meal prep then defrosting the servings each day.   I didn't even have the luxury of a microwave oven! 

Jill is home all day --why can't she prepare something simple daily?  It takes little time to cook chicken, veggie and perhaps a tossed salad.

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Add Michael Jordan to the bad tippers list. My friend waited on him. Gave him a private area. Opened the kitchen to cook shrimp for him and his friends. Allowed him to smoke cigars. Numerous trips to get drinks for his crowd. The bill was 3k. The tip was $50. She said she would have made more if she had more tables than spending all her time to wait on him. In my area when people see him coming they fight over who gets to serve him, as he’s a notorious bad tipper. 

Taking my response to small talk thread. 

52 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I've heard stories about him in my section of ENC.  He used to do a charity golf tournament here where my dads company was in charge of communications,  and I got to hear his demands after he finished his round.  That year Charles Barley was his guest and they were both very demanding.  Like specific flavor of gatorade.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

She would have to find a source for cream of yak soup though...

The “look up” part is self-evident.

”Different?” If it’s not Duggar-derived, it’s not food, apparently.

Where do I find those emoticons for ROFLMAO ?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

She would have to find a source for cream of yak soup though...

BWAHAHA!!!! My husband and I are cracking up!  Oh God that's funny!!! ???

I had to learn to cook.  My husband and mother in law are amazing cooks. Jilly doesn't want to learn. She's got time, resources, but no drive.  Even with twins, I've had time to cook a decent meal. It's not easy sometimes. But doable. Sometimes my husband isn't even home for dinner. Between deployment and his job, sometimes it's months with just me and the kids. Jilly would die. My biggest problem was making less of everything so we didn't have tons of leftovers. But Jilly would die being away from Dillweed for that long. 

• Love 10

I don't understand why her enchiladas were a crock pot meal at all, especially with cooked chicken.

Like other posters said, if she took 5 seconds to google something she would find easy, healthy and cheap crock pot meals that don't look like vomit.  

Is she trying to go for nostalgia of the good ol' Duggar cookin? Does she know how horrendous these recipes are?

An easy one that is crock pot friendly  and wouldn't break the bank would be (uncooked) chicken breasts, a packet of taco seasoning, and a jar of salsa. set on low for 5 hours. Still high in sodium with the prepared food, but not nearly as bad as her cream of slopchiladas.

Or what about stir fry. Easiest meal on the planet and takes about 10 minutes. You can buy frozen stir fry veggies for even more convenience. 

• Love 12

I think it was in the small talk thread a few weeks ago, a few posters brought up a slow cooker 15 or 16 bean soup with ham. There were a few recipe variations mentioned. They all sounded really good so I found a bean mix that had a recipe on the package. It came with a flavor packet. I bought pre-diced ham so the prep time was minimal. It was delicious. My husband loved it and also commented on how much it made for very little cost. Do the Duggars/Dillards eat pork?  If so, that would be a good, easy, slow cooker meal for Jill, IMO. 

Edited by EVS
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Yep. I live in Vegas and it's a well known fact in the industry that he's a shitty tipper. So is Tiger Woods. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Yep. I live in Vegas and it's a well known fact in the industry that he's a shitty tipper. So is Tiger Woods. 

Tiger doesn't surprise me, sadly. He's such a paragon of moral virtue, not the least bit entitled! ?

• Love 15

Add Matthew McConaughey to lowsy tippers!  And by default Penelope Cruz since she was with him at the time.  

As for Jill, I’d be willing to let the occasional cream of something casserole slide.  I mean, how else do you make green bean casserole?  But not every frickin’ night!  If I make turkey and wild rice casserole using fresh cutlets and COM soup, it’s always served with green beans or roasted asparagus, and the next think I cook will be something healthy like roasted chicken or grilled trout.  You have to balance that stuff out.

She really is that arrogant and ignorant that she sees no need to change.  She also obviously lacks intellectual curiosity and critical thinking skills, so her children aren’t likely to growup much better than she did.  What a moron. 

• Love 16

This is what bothers me about Jill’s way of cooking. Your palate gets used to certain tastes and seasonings. I know someone who is a bit better than Jill on the cooking techniques, but OMG her food is so salty. It burns my tongue, I retain water and then am up all night going to the bathroom. (I eat low sodium)  When I cook fresh for her (them) they don’t like it because it’s not to their taste. Jill doesn’t do anything to balance it out either. Fresh salads, veggies with hummus dip (real, not her version) or steamed vegetables. So to compensate I will watch people put a ton of salt on their food to make it taste good. Sadly there’s nowhere to go to eat better...not her parents or siblings homes. Those poor children will never think a meal is good unless it is full of salt and artificial flavorings.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Add Matthew McConaughey to lowsy tippers!  And by default Penelope Cruz since she was with him at the time.  

As for Jill, I’d be willing to let the occasional cream of something casserole slide.  I mean, how else do you make green bean casserole?  But not every frickin’ night!  If I make turkey and wild rice casserole using fresh cutlets and COM soup, it’s always served with green beans or roasted asparagus, and the next think I cook will be something healthy like roasted chicken or grilled trout.  You have to balance that stuff out.

She really is that arrogant and ignorant that she sees no need to change.  She also obviously lacks intellectual curiosity and critical thinking skills, so her children aren’t likely to growup much better than she did.  What a moron. 

I can't eat Campbell's soups, because it is a HUGE migraine trigger for me. It's a bummer, because it really limits what I can eat at potlucks! Anyway, I make a cream sauce for my casseroles, and it is soooo good!!! You can use it for green bean casserole too! However, if I COULD eat Campbell's, I probably would on occasion because it is super convenient. But I agree...I wouldn't make something with cream sauce every night too, nor would I ever see the need to put it in things like enchiladas! I'll make a casserole, and then something low carb and fresh next, and like you, I always serve it with a veggie. Jill needs to learn some balance!

• Love 3
On 11/17/2018 at 4:26 PM, ms.o said:

It was an AG pastor in my town and it was a part of his sermon at his mega church. I call this place Six Flags over Jesus because it’s obnoxiously huge and guess what they offer? Yoga.

I live 2 hrs from the Duggars (YAAAY). I’m actually kind of curious what fundies think of yoga 

My preacher was against it.  But then he also thought me a failure since I am unmarried and have not had kids 

It seems like Izzy is a good eater for his age.  I'm going by Jill's posts here.  Most kids go thru phases when they'll only eat certain things or nothing at all. My one niece insisted on  baby rice cereal for every meal when she was about two or three. My other niece would only eat mac & cheese.  My son would only eat cereal for dinner, if that.  Luckily they all outgrew their quirky eating habits & show no residual damage.  

But for Izzy it may be different.  I keep thinking the little guy probably doesn't have a voice in what he likes & doesn't like& he may be punished if he doesn't eat what's in front of him. 

Or I could have it all wrong & the kid deserves a medal for eating Jill's cooking. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

It seems like Izzy is a good eater for his age.  I'm going by Jill's posts here.  Most kids go thru phases when they'll only eat certain things or nothing at all. My one niece insisted on  baby rice cereal for every meal when she was about two or three. My other niece would only eat mac & cheese.  My son would only eat cereal for dinner, if that.  Luckily they all outgrew their quirky eating habits & show no residual damage.  

But for Izzy it may be different.  I keep thinking the little guy probably doesn't have a voice in what he likes & doesn't like& he may be punished if he doesn't eat what's in front of him. 

Or I could have it all wrong & the kid deserves a medal for eating Jill's cooking. 

Another possibility...he knows it's the best he'll get so it's eat it or starve.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I can't eat Campbell's soups, because it is a HUGE migraine trigger for me. It's a bummer, because it really limits what I can eat at potlucks! Anyway, I make a cream sauce for my casseroles, and it is soooo good!!! You can use it for green bean casserole too! However, if I COULD eat Campbell's, I probably would on occasion because it is super convenient. But I agree...I wouldn't make something with cream sauce every night too, nor would I ever see the need to put it in things like enchiladas! I'll make a casserole, and then something low carb and fresh next, and like you, I always serve it with a veggie. Jill needs to learn some balance!

I’m intrigued about this cream sauce.  Tell me more.  I’m trying to wean myself from just bechamel. 

12 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill has posted a messipe for slow cooker lasagna. I refuse to give her blog hits to post it here. 

😂😂😂

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill has posted a messipe for slow cooker lasagna. I refuse to give her blog hits to post it here. 

I am really scared to see what cream of whatever soup goes in lasagna LOL

Funny enough, I am actually bringing a lasagna in a slow cooker over to my moms on Thanksgiving. No oven space to cook it there with the turkey. But my lasagna is just normal lasagna and instead of baking it for an hour you put it in the crockpot on high for 3 hours. I do this frequently in the summer when I don't want to turn my oven on and heat up the house. I also cooked almost everything in the slow cooker when I was pregnant because I couldn't handle the smells.

I bit the bullet and looked it up because I was curious- she says to put in canned mushrooms. EW. Just get a package of fresh ones and toss them in! All you have to do is rinse them off! Canned mushrooms are just so rubbery. Seriously what is their aversion to fresh ANYTHING. 

She also doesn't specify to pre cook the noodles or buy the oven ready lasagna noodles. She instructs to mix cooked meat, mushrooms, water, and sauce all together and layer with the cheeses and noodles...I've never made it that way- either you pre boil the noodles or you get the oven ready ones. The thought of water in my lasagna...blech. 

Otherwise, I will say a big improvement from those disgusting enchiladas.

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 6

Slow Cooker Lasagna

Nov 19, 2018 | Recipes | 0 

This easy lasagna recipe is one we made frequently for church potlucks when I (Jill) was growing up. I made it this past Saturday night, then turned it to warm until we were ready to eat after church. The whole family loved it (although I didn’t tell Israel there were mushrooms in it and had to hide them a little in each bite. lol). If you or your kids don’t like mushrooms, feel free to omit.

Serves 8-10

2 lbs. ground beef (or turkey)

1 T. Italian seasoning

2 (24oz.) cans spaghetti sauce

2 (4 oz.) cans sliced mushrooms, drained

3/4 cup water

1 lb. Lasagna noodles

1 (24 oz.) container cottage cheese (or ricotta cheese)

4 C. shredded mozzarella cheese

Grease 5 quart slow cooker. Cook beef & Italian seasoning, drain. Combine spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, cooked meat and water in bowl. Layer thinly: 4-5 broken, uncooked noodles, sauce mixture, cottage cheese mozzarella cheese. Repeat 3-4 times. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Note: This is an easy recipe to make the night before and store in the fridge, then start the next morning in the slow cooker.

Photo credit: the best hubby in the whole world, Derick Dillard <3 

1B1C1E10-D744-4873-B9C7-41A997A0248D.jpeg

Movie Time With Momma

Nov 19, 2018 | Family Blog, Photos | 0 

While Derick was studying and finishing up a final assignment for law school, Israel and Sam got to have movie time with momma. We made popcorn and watched, “All I Want For Christmas is You” and they enjoyed it…Israel said his stuffed doggy liked watching it too. 

(lol…I forgot to take the vent cover off the popcorn maker after making the first batch of popcorn. It turned out fine though.)

802185CA-4116-441B-A825-7EED4CDFC960.jpeg

E10E468B-0BE6-468B-8B81-82CAF1838E5C.jpeg

00E480A3-1E79-496F-B269-C26379513ED6.jpeg

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Slow Cooker Lasagna

Nov 19, 2018 | Recipes | 0 

This easy lasagna recipe is one we made frequently for church potlucks when I (Jill) was growing up. I made it this past Saturday night, then turned it to warm until we were ready to eat after church. The whole family loved it (although I didn’t tell Israel there were mushrooms in it and had to hide them a little in each bite. lol). If you or your kids don’t like mushrooms, feel free to omit.

Serves 8-10

2 lbs. ground beef (or turkey)

1 T. Italian seasoning

2 (24oz.) cans spaghetti sauce

2 (4 oz.) cans sliced mushrooms, drained

3/4 cup water

1 lb. Lasagna noodles

1 (24 oz.) container cottage cheese (or ricotta cheese)

4 C. shredded mozzarella cheese

Grease 5 quart slow cooker. Cook beef & Italian seasoning, drain. Combine spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, cooked meat and water in bowl. Layer thinly: 4-5 broken, uncooked noodles, sauce mixture, cottage cheese mozzarella cheese. Repeat 3-4 times. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Note: This is an easy recipe to make the night before and store in the fridge, then start the next morning in the slow cooker.

Photo credit: the best hubby in the whole world, Derick Dillard <3 

1B1C1E10-D744-4873-B9C7-41A997A0248D.jpeg

Movie Time With Momma

Nov 19, 2018 | Family Blog, Photos | 0 

While Derick was studying and finishing up a final assignment for law school, Israel and Sam got to have movie time with momma. We made popcorn and watched, “All I Want For Christmas is You” and they enjoyed it…Israel said his stuffed doggy liked watching it too. 

(lol…I forgot to take the vent cover off the popcorn maker after making the first batch of popcorn. It turned out fine though.)

802185CA-4116-441B-A825-7EED4CDFC960.jpeg

E10E468B-0BE6-468B-8B81-82CAF1838E5C.jpeg

00E480A3-1E79-496F-B269-C26379513ED6.jpeg

Only SamSam gets close to Jill.  It is so obvious it drives me insane.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

This is what bothers me about Jill’s way of cooking. Your palate gets used to certain tastes and seasonings. I know someone who is a bit better than Jill on the cooking techniques, but OMG her food is so salty. It burns my tongue, I retain water and then am up all night going to the bathroom. (I eat low sodium)  When I cook fresh for her (them) they don’t like it because it’s not to their taste. Jill doesn’t do anything to balance it out either. Fresh salads, veggies with hummus dip (real, not her version) or steamed vegetables. So to compensate I will watch people put a ton of salt on their food to make it taste good. Sadly there’s nowhere to go to eat better...not her parents or siblings homes. Those poor children will never think a meal is good unless it is full of salt and artificial flavorings.  

I'm curious as to what Jill was eating at that Asian place.  I can't really see her enjoying something like Sushi even the overly fried American versions.  Her palate is totally jacked from her upbringing.  I can see her liking the takeout Hibachi available in my area with the copious amounts of white sauce (Japanese mayo) lathered onto the rice.  

• Love 1

Why would she cook something in the crock pot the day before and then put it on warm until the next day? She could put it all together Saturday night before bed & turn on the crock pot before they left for church.   This kind of shit makes my brain hurt.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Steff said:

Why would she cook something in the crock pot the day before and then put it on warm until the next day? She could put it all together Saturday night before bed & turn on the crock pot before they left for church.   This kind of shit makes my brain hurt.

Because she doesn’t have the sense God gave a goose?

• Love 18
9 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Because she doesn’t have the sense God have a goose?

True or they love the driest lasagna ever created.  Must need some dried out food to balance out all her soupy mush.   

And good grief why can't she shut up and let Izzy just watch his damn movie?  The constant "are you happy? are you having fun? do you like popcorn? how's the movie? do you love it? can you say YAY!?"   Hell, park Izzy in front of the movie and get into the kitchen and cook a real damn meal!   She's Southern for crying out loud!  Make some damn fried chicken, mashed potatoes & gravy, and some biscuits.  She doesn't seem to be able to cook unless she dumps it all into the crock pot. 

• Love 24

Gawd, that constant questioning has got to be damaging to Izzy.  Now he's got to 'perform' on camera like Boob made her do?  I'm pretty sure therapy will be out of the question, since that will affirm that Izzy has chucklekfucks for parents, just as Jill does.

• Love 15

I'm not going to lie, for a family of 4 with 2 small children,  I would just buy the stouffers lasagna and be done with it.  I've made my own before, but cost wise the frozen is cheaper when feeding that many people.  Yes it does take an hour in the oven, but the price and convenience make up for it.  Now, if I was feeding more people I would make it myself.

• Love 17

Those children really don’t get to chew much , do they?

My daughter makes unstuffed peppers in the crockpot. Instead of filling the peppers, as you would for stuffed peppers,  the same ingredients are used, but she slices the peppers into bite sized pieces. It’s really good, yay! Link in bio! Just kidding!

• Love 12
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Slow Cooker Lasagna

The whole family loved it (although I didn’t tell Israel there were mushrooms in it and had to hide them a little in each bite. lol). If you or your kids don’t like mushrooms, feel free to omit.

I guess she didn't take her own advice about omitting the mushrooms.  Of course she had to control Israel and make him eat them.

• Love 7

Sam loved the lasagna so much he turns his head away when imbecile Jill tried to feed him. It’s in one of the videos. Why couldn’t she sit the boys at the table, eat,   THEN make the damn popcorn. Jill is so accustomed to chaos she must make her own. The same goes for the constant prodding and interviewing the kids. She craves the limelight, THs, the stupid duckling walks, and is now the producer of her own Truman Show. But she sucks at it.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

I bit the bullet and looked it up because I was curious- she says to put in canned mushrooms. EW. Just get a package of fresh ones and toss them in! All you have to do is rinse them off! Canned mushrooms are just so rubbery. Seriously what is their aversion to fresh ANYTHING. 

Bottled ones aren't as bad. But fresh stuff takes work to prepare. Canned stuff is fast. And easier to use in bulk like Jilly is used to. 

And I want proof that derelict is still in law school. 

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Those children really don’t get to chew much , do they?

My daughter makes unstuffed peppers in the crockpot. Instead of filling the peppers, as you would for stuffed peppers,  the same ingredients are used, but she slices the peppers into bite sized pieces. It’s really good, yay! Link in bio! Just kidding!

Stuffed peppers are actually the only thing I cook in a microwave. The filling is all precooked just the peppers are raw.

Cut peppers in half lengthwise, fill with a mixture of cooked ground beef and sautéed onions, cooked rice and enough tomato sauce to bind everything together. I don’t measure but 1 &1/4lbs ground beef and 1/2 -3/4 cup rice are enough for 6 half peppers. put a little tomato sauce in the bottom of the baking dish , arrange peppers and cover with remaining sauce.( I use Franco Rinaldi tomato and basil sauce.) cover with Saran Wrap.  Cook in microwave on high, 20 min. or until peppers are soft. Serve with leftover rice and a veggie. Easy-Peasy and my grandkids love them. Just made them the other night.

It boggles my mind that Jill serves her sodium laden slop day  after day and then posts pictures of it as if it were a gourmet meal.

She  has a dangerous mixture of arrogance, narcissism and stupidity. She will never change because she thinks she’s the #bestest wife,#bestest mommy and #bestest cook.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, SMama said:

Sam is in the playpen obviously cranky and insipid Jill asks him if he’s happy?! WTF is wrong with her?

In her world (i.e., the one she grew up in), happiness is the only emotion that's allowed. That's why the constant questioning in this manner--they're being trained to answer in the affirmative regardless of how they really feel.

• Love 22
4 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

“Yay! How to glop, all the way from beige to orange.”

(Title of Jill’s new cookbook.)

I was thinking it would be titled "50(Yay!) shades of Beige. LOL"  (Yes, LOL is part of the title.)

• Love 18
1 hour ago, latetotheparty said:

I will drive your getaway car!

1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Y’all can hide out here at my house. I promise real food! 

I'm going to volunteer to watch them on those two morons next "date night" You two will be on standby waiting for my signal.
#gettingthoseboysawayfromdumbanddumber #realfood #nomorestupidquestionsforIzzyandSam #nomorebeingtrappedinapacknplay #Izzywillneverbeafraidofthosetwodoltsagain

• Love 10