Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I think it's not so much that he would get poor grades from not studying as he would disagree and try to argue against various laws and precedents that don't fit his Biblical beliefs.  Derick doesn't do well with information that conflicts with his fundie worldview.  Back in undergrad, as an accounting major, I doubt it was a consideration.  But, in law school, he's going to have to learn about the US Constitution and secular laws and I can see him having a hard time backing down from his beliefs in order to explain why gay marriage was legalized or why the Supreme Court upheld the right to privacy regarding abortion.  I could see him quitting because he didn't like being bombarded with information that conflicts with his narrow minded belief system.

And, of course, because Jill is unable to cope with him being away from home and fraternizing with those hussies down at Law School.

Derick isn’t the first conservative Christian to go to law school, though. He’s probably not even the most conservative. All he has to do is read the cases and be able to explain their reasoning on exams. He doesn’t have to personally agree with  it. I’m sure he had classes that challenged his beliefs at OSU and he made it through there just fine.

I admit I am a bit surprised that Derick chose the U of A instead of a Christian law school like Regent University. If his goal is really to be a legal warrior for Jesus, I would not have expected him to choose a secular law school. The cost difference between state and private schools is usually pretty low for professional programs too. Maybe Jill put her foot down and told him she wasn’t willing to leave Arkansas. 

• Love 5

I do think it’s nice that Jill and Cathy are close. Cathy is a crazy zealot but she comes across as way more loving and caring than Michelle. I think that without Cathy around to help in Derick’s absence, Jill would probably spend every day moping around the apartment watching Derick’s lectures and making voodoo dolls of his shorts-clad female classmates. With Cathy around to help she only spends some of her days doing that, and the rest of them doing ordinary things like going to her brother’s wedding and taking the boys to the pumpkin patch. 

• Love 8

I admit that I watched the videos with the sound off, so it's possible I wasn't as annoyed as I would have been with sound on.  That said, I can't believe I'm saying this, but it is a good thing that Derick is modeling a dad doing housework for those boys.  I bet no Duggar boy has ever vacuumed, but I'm guessing that the Dillard boys had chores, so he has no aversion to housework.  Just to paid work!

• Love 19

I was only able to get through the vacuuming video.   Couple thoughts.  In the time Derrick spent repeating his request for Izzy to move the high chair, he could have moved it himself ffs.   Poor Izzy was frozen in place with Derrick’s instructions.  Makes me sad to think of his daily life with these two fucknuts. 

Looks like a pretty nice vacuum for folks with no jobs...   

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

I was only able to get through the vacuuming video.   Couple thoughts.  In the time Derrick spent repeating his request for Izzy to move the high chair, he could have moved it himself ffs.   Poor Izzy was frozen in place with Derrick’s instructions.  Makes me sad to think of his daily life with these two fucknuts. 

Looks like a pretty nice vacuum for folks with no jobs...   

Although I question whether moving the high chair was an appropriate job for Izzy, I don't like the idea of a parent requesting that a kid do something and if the kid doesn't follow through on the request, the parent does it him/herself. If Derick and/or Jill did that a lot, Izzy would eventually learn to "wait out" a request that he didn't like because he knows his parents will eventually give up and do it themselves. If the kid doesn't understand the request, then break down the steps.

• Love 13

Yesterday I visited my nephew at his university and took him out to lunch.  First we stopped in the college bookstore because I wanted a school t-shirt.  Very expensive and nothing in my size on the clearance rack.  Apparently no problem for the Dillard family and their OSU shirts.  And I have a job!

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, sheshark said:

Yesterday I visited my nephew at his university and took him out to lunch.  First we stopped in the college bookstore because I wanted a school t-shirt.  Very expensive and nothing in my size on the clearance rack.  Apparently no problem for the Dillard family and their OSU shirts.  And I have a job!

In all fairness, in their area, OSU shirts are probably sold at Walmart, alongside Arkansas Razorbacks gear. I live in Michigan, where I can find UM and MSU shirts cheaply at just about any store. No college bookstore prices for me. 

• Love 12
On 11/9/2018 at 2:23 PM, Oldernowiser said:

Ricotta makes much more sense. I do note that there isn’t a single spice or herb listed...no oregano or basil? The Italian sausage version would at least add some garlic  and some fennel...

Does Jill even have spices at her house? Everything is spectacularly bland other than “aminos” or Rotel....

I use a touch of Hungarian paprika myself 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, not you again said:

I know everybody has their own little things that set them off, and this is mine.  This woman is home all day, 7 days a week.  I was a stay at home mother for a time, and there are certain things that there is no excuse not to be clean.  The kitchen sink drain is one of mine - I admit it's the first thing I notice about someone's kitchen.  I am often shocked at a nice, clean house with even a clean kitchen sink, and a kitchen sink drain that looks like it belongs on something outside, just BLECH.  How can you miss scouring that thing?  It's RIGHT THERE.  And the other thing is this.  LAUNDER YOUR CHILD CAR SEATS.  Almost all of it can be removed, even if you have to use a screwdriver, and can be washed.  DO YOU SEE THE SHOULDER STRAPS?  EW EW EW EW EW EW

I so agree!  I remember a photo Jill posted while they were living in CA.  Izzy was a baby sitting in a walker with a white plastic tray.  That thing was absolutely filthy! I could see beyond the doorway to Jill's bedroom with it's twisted unmade sheets and blankets on her bed.

I became obsessed with having a spotlessly clean kitchen sink and drain when I started reading flylady.net, years ago.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, not you again said:

She was popular years ago, with a very similar system actually to Marie Kondo.  She advocates that having a clean house can raise your self-esteem and the first priority should be a clean, shiny sink to make you smile, and then decluttering your house.  Where she and I part company is her apparently Christian-based attitude of the woman needs to do it all as her service to her husband and family, even if she works outside the home.  

"Fly" is an acronym of Finally loving yourself.  CHAOS is can't have anyone over syndrome.

I agree about the sink. not that it makes me beam with joy, but I LOATHE waking up to a dirty sink full of dishes. It sets the whole day off on the wrong foot. Im not a super clean freak but that is one thing I cannot stand. Now I should probably get offline and go clean something. 

My husband and I do not agree about that, he would let the dishes sit there until we ran out if I didn't intervene. 

Those car seat straps are DISGUSTING. Those things look like a biohazard. Dreft sells cleaning wipes for toys, and they clean up spit up pretty well from fabric. Easy enough to keep in the car if you need to wipe anything down. Or even a paper towel with some water if you can't be bothered to wash it, FFS

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Those books look like a tripping hazard.  Also, they look too big.

They're the same boots Sam had on at Jabbie's wedding. They looked like they were too big for him there.

I'm surprised Jill doesn't drop Sam and Izzy off at the TTH more often. I feel for Izzy, I suspect that kid doesn't get much positive reinforcement in his life.

• Love 6

Well, as we know, Jill grew up in a dirty and cluttered house. She probably has no experience with a clean or clutter free home. 

On the other hand, I had a sorority sister who grew up with maids. When she married and had children, her house was filthy. Nobody ever taught he how to clean or to put things away- those amazing things just happened like magic.  (and the toil of the overworked maid). 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Why is she watching him in class? 

So she can grill him on why that bitch, Wendy, in his conlaw class, who glanced in his direction a couple of times that day. She's just so threatened by this law school thing it's not funny.

• Love 17
37 minutes ago, graefin said:

The rest of the car doesn't look too clean either.

I swear I lose IQ points every time I watch Jill's videos. The latest series at the pumpkin patch were more of the same. She must have said "Yay!" at least dozen times; she must have asked Israel "are you having fun?" at least half that many times. Is there literally nothing else she can talk to him about? At one point during one of the videos, Israel starts talking, and Jill, as usual, ignores him, but Cathy responds. In another video, Sam starts excitedly pointing to the sky, and instead of engaging directly with him, Jill starts talking about him in the third person, presumably to Cathy, about something he did earlier. What the hell is her damage? Was Michelle this bad?

Oh, and at one point, Jill says, "Derick is studying." Then she follows that up with, "Say 'thank you, Papa!'" Wha? Why the fuck should the boys thank Derick for studying? This lady is more than a few cards short of a full deck.

To be fair, staying away from his kids is probably the nicest thing Derick could do for them. If I were them i’d be grateful.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, yogi2014L said:

I agree about the sink. not that it makes me beam with joy, but I LOATHE waking up to a dirty sink full of dishes. It sets the whole day off on the wrong foot. Im not a super clean freak but that is one thing I cannot stand. Now I should probably get offline and go clean something. 

My husband and I do not agree about that, he would let the dishes sit there until we ran out if I didn't intervene. 

Those car seat straps are DISGUSTING. Those things look like a biohazard. Dreft sells cleaning wipes for toys, and they clean up spit up pretty well from fabric. Easy enough to keep in the car if you need to wipe anything down. Or even a paper towel with some water if you can't be bothered to wash it, FFS

Those ulta grimy carseat straps are indicative of lots of meals eaten by Izzy in the car. Why?

Edited by louannems
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

Apparently Yaaay’s attention was wandering, because the female guard repeated his name over and over during our excursion, rather like a deranged and inarticulate parrot

I'm still laughing at this characterization.

• Love 24
25 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

Apparently Yaaay’s attention was wandering, because the female guard repeated his name over and over during our excursion, rather like a deranged and inarticulate parrot. 

?????

Even though I find Cathy objectionable due to her abhorrent beliefs she must really love Izzy and Sam. I just wonder how she can keep from gouging her eyes out due to Jill’s insipidity. 

• Love 12
On 11/11/2018 at 11:34 AM, Lunera said:

The shoes are a bit much, in my opinion. She needs to invest in some black heels that can go with everything. Those are the type of shoes you wear to compete at a beauty pageant. The dress fits her great but her hair is just too messy.

I agree.  She needed less embellished shoes.  Black would have been nice.

• Love 5
On 11/11/2018 at 3:01 PM, farmgal4 said:

It seems like it’s been forever.  I think his oral surgeon was a quack.

They are waiting for Jana to finish the YouTube orthodontia training vids so she can expertly fix his face

• Love 24
12 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I agree.  She needed less embellished shoes.  Black would have been nice.

I think black shoes with that dress could look really weird and clunky. Kinda like Michelle wearing those black clogs with everything, including formal clothes. Maybe a nudie-beige suede shoe with a more reasonable heel? 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, sheshark said:

RIGHT??!!  Tshirts at our school are $30+.  The sizes are also a bit on the small size.  

8 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

I think black shoes with that dress could look really weird and clunky. Kinda like Michelle wearing those black clogs with everything, including formal clothes. Maybe a nudie-beige suede shoe with a more reasonable heel? 

It depends on the shoe in my opinion when thinking black.  Nude would have been nice.  I really don't like the gold embellished show she is sporting.  Not basic enough.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Apparently Yaaay’s attention was wandering, because the female guard repeated his name over and over during our excursion, rather like a deranged and inarticulate parrot. 

Hoping Sam and Yaaay escape soon.

Instead of a deranged parrot, I see Jill more like a deranged cockatoo.  When they get going, they lift up the feathers on their head, just like she does with her eyebrows/forehead.

ETA: I think she's either watching Derick's classes online because he was told not to bring her back or it's a two-for-one deal so they wouldn't have to pay extra tuition (not that she could get into law school, but...)

Edited by cdp73
  • Love 13
14 hours ago, graefin said:

I just wanted to leave these pics of Sam's expression here for y'all and @mynextmistake in particular ;)

14 hours ago, graefin said:

sam2.jpg

As I looked at this picture of Sam, he looked like he thought he could possibly escape on this pumpkin. Of course I instantly thought of @mynextmistake and hoping for another great installment of hers. Lo and behold, I come back just now and there it is! @mynextmistake, you did not disappoint! Thank you for the laughs yet again!

• Love 15
8 hours ago, not you again said:

.  And the other thing is this.  LAUNDER YOUR CHILD CAR SEATS.  Almost all of it can be removed, even if you have to use a screwdriver, and can be washed.  DO YOU SEE THE SHOULDER STRAPS?  EW EW EW EW EW EW

Blargh. That’s puke, drool and snot on the shoulder straps.  Gross.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Catfin said:

Blargh. That’s puke, drool and snot on the shoulder straps.  Gross.

I've never had reason to use a child car seat but I once bought those kinds of strap covers from a shower registry.  From what I recall they go on with Velcro and are meant to come off to be laundered.  That's just disgusting. I wonder if she will at least wash them before Sam has to use that seat. 

Why would anyone want the public to see how dirty they are?  Where's all that "....next to godliness" stuff?  Or does that not apply to them? 

• Love 11

Love @mynextmistake post!! My sides hurt from laughing!! Bravo! 

Those strap guards are horrible. They need to be burned and replaced. Yuck. Yuck yuck. I clean my toddlers car seats every week. Sometimes more if they spill. I'm such a neat clean freak, I have to.  I work hard to keep my house clean. I've got people over too frequently not to.  

• Love 10