Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Sam is hiding his journal! ?

“Isreal’s Box.” Wow. I’m all about making homemade sensory toys but did she have to write Isreal’s Box on the sad cappuccino trash? There’s not 19 of them to squabble over the thing. 

13 minutes ago, sigmaforce86 said:

When I take him as a whole my opinion is Derrick is someone who has to be the most important puffed up person in the room and the one who is "right" about everything but he's not much into acting like an actual human being.

Well Jilly Muffin sure married a clone of her father then...

• Love 18

I’m not going through the annoying search for this one......I’m sure I posted it the first time around. It’s the one that was printed on a stained piece of paper.

2 pictures

Edited by ginger90
4 hours ago, Triple P said:

Queen Elizabeth II has reportedly banned the royal family from playing Monopoly at their holiday gatherings because some members were too competitive and ruined it for everyone else. 

I think I would fit in with them..... you don't want to play a game against me. 

6 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Oh, barf! 

I don't think it looks to bad. And considering the saucer plate of food Jill R. fed her family, at least all 4 can eat from this. 

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Does anyone else find it interesting that Jill would hang out all the time with Cathy before she actually met Derick? I just read that like she would rather be around Cathy/the Dillards than her own family.

Well it confirms her status as a Stage 5 clinger. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I truly don't understand the constant parenthetical asides.  I know Jill is ignorant bordering on stupid, but please make them stop.  How difficult would it be for Jill to reword her sentences?  Why does Jill have to assume that her followers are as dumb as her?  Her sentences don't even roll off the tongue easily.  Why not say "We had Derick's favorite spaghetti pie for supper last night. "  or "Cathy made it for me back when Derick was in Nepal and I was getting to know this awesome lady."  

Jill must be functionally illiterate.

Seriously! That was awful to read.."Talkin'" Would it have been so hard to press the "G" key on the keyboard? She is just so stupid.

57 minutes ago, Trillium said:

His mom (my MIL now!)

What? His mom and your MIL are the same person?!?!?! Wow. Thanks for clarifying  Sherlock Jill. No one would have cracked that mystery on their own. 

Right? So glad I now know that Cathy is not only her MIL, but Derick's mom too! Good grief!

Also, that bib on Izzy is ridiculous. Yes, I watched kids who sometimes still wore bibs at his age depending on what I made them for lunch. Not one like that though. He clearly has out grown it and probably doesn't even need one half the time.  I don't think I could stand to be around these idiots for more than 5 seconds.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

And poor Samuel is sitting there with nothing to eat.

I don’t see a salad or homemade bread on the table!

Actually he might have finished already. Or maybe he doesn't like it? My son hated red sauce at that age. But you would hope he did eat something

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 3

So that looked less beige and nasty than usual, but try as I may I’m not getting a mental image of how it might taste...it’s in layers, so maybe the sour cream wouldn’t react with the tomato paste but I don’t mentally combine sour cream with anything really acid because it might cause it to curdle? And eggs mixed in with what will be mightily overcooked pasta?

Dunno. I guess it sort of works in a “hey, no canned soup!!!!” kind of way but as usual, it just seems odd to me. Less like a recipe and more like “so what’s in the refrigerator  that might go over soon.”

• Love 11
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Not gonna lie, I've ben saving this. I also have some in my own pantry for snow days. It is, well, meh at best.  Canned Bread!

canned-bread-650x650.jpg

*small voice* That bread is pretty awesome.  

The look on Sam's face says it all.  Izzy is way too old for a bib. He's old enough to learn to use a napkin. It's way more grown up.  That food actually looks edible. Amazing. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Trillium said:

His mom (my MIL now!)

What? His mom and your MIL are the same person?!?!?! Wow. Thanks for clarifying  Sherlock Jill. No one would have cracked that mystery on their own. 

My hypothesis is that Jill, being of limited intellectual capacity, has so little of value to actually contribute to conversation/web content that she fills the space with redundant, meaningless crap to try to make herself look more impressive. Less is more, Jill. 

• Love 17

I get using a bib on 3 year olds if they are messy eaters and you are having something that could potentially stain their clothes, like tomato sauce.  But that bib is way too small for Israel.  Because it is rigid, it looks like it actually would keep him from getting close to his plate which would actually make a mess MORE likely.  But it looks fairly clean and so does his place mat so I am guessing he doesn't really need it.

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Derelict, put your phone away. It's family time, for crying out loud. 

He’s probably waiting for an important call concerning the next costume he needs to wear to school. Also it seems like Sam was placed in the big chair for the picture, his high chair is at the end of the table. Hopefully he got his food there. But you never know with Jill

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I find it insane and weird.  I don't have kids but I am married and while I have THE BEST Mil, it never would have crossed my mind to hang out with her before I met my husband.  What if I wanted to dump him?  What if he was a jerk?  What if I didn't like her or worse, she didn't like me?  It's just another example of her dingleberry level clingy who has no sense of appropriate boundaries.

LOL, dingleberry!  George Carlin said that word wasn't used "nearly enough."  I miss George.

I had a wonderful MIL too, but it never would have occurred to me to hang out with her before I met Mr. Xword.  Jilly Muffin continues to look ditzier all the time.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

So that looked less beige and nasty than usual, but try as I may I’m not getting a mental image of how it might taste...it’s in layers, so maybe the sour cream wouldn’t react with the tomato paste but I don’t mentally combine sour cream with anything really acid because it might cause it to curdle? And eggs mixed in with what will be mightily overcooked pasta?

Dunno. I guess it sort of works in a “hey, no canned soup!!!!” kind of way but as usual, it just seems odd to me. Less like a recipe and more like “so what’s in the refrigerator  that might go over soon.”

I’ve actually made spaghetti pie; it was a WW recipe. You cook the pasta and mix it with the eggs and parm and press it into your pie pan. It becomes the “crust” when it’s baked. I can’t imagine sour cream having the proper texture; I used ricotta. Taste-wise it’s similar to lasagna. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Maybe he isn't welcomed anymore?

Maybe he couldn’t face not being filmed by TLC? Didn’t he make some nasty comments regarding TLC not inviting him to other family events like Jinger’s gender reveal party? 

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

To continue that train of thought, I wonder how Jill deals with being at these weddings and not being allowed to film? She was always the family mouthpiece, at least for the girls anyways. That has to be awkward when the producers tell her to take a hike so they can get footage of her siblings. I know she has no one to blame for that but Derick, but for a woman with such a strong pack mentality, it has to hurt. 

And now having to go solo which I think it totally taboo for their culture.

Derrick probably had to study, and probably put his foot down especially since they can't be on camera. I mean, I wouldn't want to attend a wedding where I had to be constantly asked to move around for filming. Kind of have to give him props for that actually. He probably made quite the statement to his in laws.

Sucks for Jill but it happens. I've had to attend many family functions ( weddings, Christmas, birthday parties) solo and sometimes I find it even more enjoyable because I can stay for hours on end. Family weddings aren't bad to attend on your own especially since it was HER family and she probably knew 980 of the 1000 guests.

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Does anyone else find it interesting that Jill would hang out all the time with Cathy before she actually met Derick? I just read that like she would rather be around Cathy/the Dillards than her own family.

Simple explanation.  Derick was in Nepal and it was an arranged marriage.

That "can of bread" (I can't believe I just typed that) (and now I can't believe I just used parentheses) (three times) brought back memories of my gramma getting it for us once a year. I loved it as a kid.....it's very moist.

ETA: I'm actually impressed that they have a ton of kids books in a nice kid-accessible bookcase. OK, OK, some are Bible-related, but the rest look like classics. And the box-with-card-slot homemade game for Sam is pretty cute and age-appropriate.    The dinner, OTOH, looks barfy. And carby and fatty....can't believe Derick's still that slim. He'll probably be one of those guys who drops dead and everyone shakes their head in disbelief. (Except the folks on this forum.) (Oh no...more parentheses!!)

Edited by drafan
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Mollie said:

Jill and Derick are refusing to comment on Derick's absence at John David's wedding.  

Where are people asking? I looked at Jill’s Instagram and Tweeter, and Derick’s Tweeter but found nothing. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I’m not going through the annoying search for this one......I’m sure I posted it the first time around. It’s the one that was printed on a stained piece of paper.

2 pictures

I think this looks significantly less revolting than all of the other recipes that Jill has posted. It also looks like a normal amount for a family -- no measurements for "an industrial-sized pan."

It's also a reasonably nice picture of the family. They are all smiling and clean; they're sitting at the table together; and Sam is actually smiling. Good job Jill!

• Love 5

I love how spaghetti pie is WAY different than baked spaghetti!  

Weird that she hung out with her future MIL and BIL before even meeting d-wreck himself!  At that point it was probably so built up in her head that there was no going back, no matter how they got along or how Nepal went!  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Mollie said:

Jill and Derick are refusing to comment on Derick's absence at John David's wedding.  John David was a groomsman at Derick's wedding to Jill.  How could Derick just not show up at John David's wedding?  Jill and Derick flew back from 'missionary' duties in Central America to attend weddings and one of those weddings was for a Bates family member.  How could he just send Jill off alone with the two kids and miss this wedding?  It's only a 3 1/2 hour drive to Ada, Oklahoma.  If Derick needed to study for law school, he could have studied while Jill did the driving. Something is definitely rotten in the Dillard household.

Also, I wonder how far Ada, OK is from Derick's alma mater, which is also in Oklahoma?

Yeah, something must be up with the Dillards...because otherwise the only plausible explanation for Derick missing the wedding would have been law school. Especially since JD I believe was the only Duggar brother who became one of Derick's groomsmen. 

2 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

And now having to go solo which I think it totally taboo for their culture.

Derrick probably had to study, and probably put his foot down especially since they can't be on camera. I mean, I wouldn't want to attend a wedding where I had to be constantly asked to move around for filming. Kind of have to give him props for that actually. He probably made quite the statement to his in laws.

Sucks for Jill but it happens. I've had to attend many family functions ( weddings, Christmas, birthday parties) solo and sometimes I find it even more enjoyable because I can stay for hours on end. Family weddings aren't bad to attend on your own especially since it was HER family and she probably knew 980 of the 1000 guests.

That didn't stop them attending Josiah/Lauren's wedding (granted, that was closer). 

But regardless of the reasons, it is definitely unconventional within their group.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, awaken said:

I love how spaghetti pie is WAY different than baked spaghetti!  

Weird that she hung out with her future MIL and BIL before even meeting d-wreck himself!  At that point it was probably so built up in her head that there was no going back, no matter how they got along or how Nepal went!  

Yes, we're talkin' way different, bro. But awesome!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Yes, we're talkin' way different, bro. But awesome!

This does, in fact, look waaaaay different from bakes spaghetti. My mom used to make that and it is really awful.

If I remember correctly it's made with spaghetti cut into really short pieces, hamburger meat, and cream of something soup. It's truly disgusting, and given the other recipes that Jill has posted, I'm sure that she's thinking of the same "dish" I recall with such loathing.

• Love 1

I have no knowledge but seriously doubt it. I think Ben did not know either but he’s still under JB’s thumb. Ben looked quite upset when they did their last big, happy family interview. I think Jeremy is the only spouse who was fully aware. Interesting that he didn’t take the move to Arkansas bait.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SMama said:

I have no knowledge but seriously doubt it. I think Ben did not know either but he’s still under JB’s thumb. Ben looked quite upset when they did their last big, happy family interview. I think Jeremy is the only spouse who was fully aware. Interesting that he didn’t take the move to Arkansas bait.

What does this refer to?

• Love 2