Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

On 10/20/2018 at 7:15 AM, Westiepeach said:

Well, that sure looks safe to me ... *eyeroll*

I watched that thinking little Sam is going to have a face injury at some point.  Rather than moving tractor across the floor, take it outside and maybe don't giggle so he thinks its a fun thing.  Sure it is cute how determined he was but it was a bit dangerous and I think it shouldn't have been encouraged.  I realize you cannot bubble wrap everything but this kinda seemed like a no brainer.  I think Izzy has ceased being fun for them.  

• Love 10
On 10/21/2018 at 1:58 PM, cmr2014 said:

It's just so mind boggling that she can't ever get this right. Why lie about a pot of beans? I don't like beans and I don't eat beans, but even I know those aren't black beans. Why do the Duggars lie about EVERYTHING? 

It looks to ME that she just took a can of black beans and mixed them with white rice.  Maybe she mixed in some cilantro and lime juice but it is NOT the picture of beans above.  No way.  I love beans and rice but would prefer a big serving of pico de gallo with it.  And some tortillas.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

A "recipe" for sweet potato fries, Jill? Who can't chop, dump, add olive oil, season, and bake? I will not be clicking the link in your bio.

Sammy is just adorable.  He and Izzy are two cutie pies.  With regard to Izzys eye, I'll have to look again.  I didn't notice anything odd. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

I'm surprised she does drive on over to the old homestead and have one of those couch sitting young men change her oil for her.  Maybe Boob charges too much?

3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

And dump the kids on someone else to watch. Maybe Deredick does not want her visiting the family much unless it is to his benefit.

Hmmmm. I really wonder how much Dreck is isolating Jilly Muffin from the rest of the cult, I mean family. Seems like a no brainer to have one of her brothers do it

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Poor Izzy. Always a prop. 

This picture was always cringe, but it makes me sad to see how happy they used to be. I think if they'd been normal, they would have dated a year and then realized they had different life plans. They would look back on their relationship fondly, and would hopefully be happily single, or in a relationship that's a better fit. So sad that those aren't choices!

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

This picture was always cringe, but it makes me sad to see how happy they used to be. I think if they'd been normal, they would have dated a year and then realized they had different life plans. They would look back on their relationship fondly, and would hopefully be happily single, or in a relationship that's a better fit. So sad that those aren't choices!

Deredick had a choice not to court or marry Jill Cling Along, but in the case of Jilly Girl she had less of a chance because JB was desperate to get her married off to someone.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Deredick had a choice not to court or marry Jill Cling Along, but in the case of Jilly Girl she had less of a chance because JB was desperate to get her married off to someone.

I think Derick may not have been very good at dating, and while he was hanging out in Nepal he discovered that he could basically get a devout pure young Christian wife without the hassle and uncertainties of dating. By way of Jim Bob and the Duggar courting system. It must have been too good to resist, almost as convenient as a “mail order bride.” And wasn’t his mom dealing with cancer at about that time? He had that going on, and no doubt JB pushing the “courtship.” IMO Derick rushed into marriage. I wonder if he has ever allowed himself to think that he did rush that, or if he squelches those ideas because Jesus led him to his covenant marriage and it’s forever and ever amen. And now I wish I hadn’t spent time thinking about Derick’s thought processes. Oy.

• Love 18
15 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I think Derick may not have been very good at dating, and while he was hanging out in Nepal he discovered that he could basically get a devout pure young Christian wife without the hassle and uncertainties of dating. By way of Jim Bob and the Duggar courting system. It must have been too good to resist, almost as convenient as a “mail order bride.” And wasn’t his mom dealing with cancer at about that time? He had that going on, and no doubt JB pushing the “courtship.” IMO Derick rushed into marriage. I wonder if he has ever allowed himself to think that he did rush that, or if he squelches those ideas because Jesus led him to his covenant marriage and it’s forever and ever amen. And now I wish I hadn’t spent time thinking about Derick’s thought processes. Oy.

He can be the poster child for buyer's remorse.

2 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

You're right. If you zoom in, it looks more "squinty." Maybe an infection?

rps20181023_175948.jpg

I have an inherited family trait like this. My dad, one sister, and I all have one "squinty" eye. It's most obvious when we smile.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, MamaMax said:

Hmmmm. I really wonder how much Dreck is isolating Jilly Muffin from the rest of the cult, I mean family. Seems like a no brainer to have one of her brothers do it

Plus the TTC has a huge, commercial garage, complete with the car lift and all necessary equipment. And a brigade of Howlers needing to get off the couch.

• Love 10

Maybe her post is a big fuck you to JimBob that she can do things without him.

Although she did go over recently to the big house and make dinner or something, right? So maybe they are not on bad terms.

I bet Jill wouldn’t have had to wait for alleged hours if she had gotten there when they opened in the morning. And why didn’t she get the stroller and walk miles to the closest Chik Fil A?

• Love 9
2 hours ago, sleepysuzy said:

I have an inherited family trait like this. My dad, one sister, and I all have one "squinty" eye. It's most obvious when we smile.

My family has this gene also.  It has a name that I can't remember, but it usually appears in the late teens, not in toddlers - was this the case in your family?  I think Izzy's is something else. Sometimes he has it, sometimes he doesn't.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Not defending her, but she is at Wal Mart, so it could take awhile especially if there are people ahead of her getting an oil change. I know we had to wait more than 30 minutes for an oil change, new tires to be put on, or a new battery to be put in.

Surely there is a dedicated oil change place close to them.   As someone else said- you barely have time to sit down before they are done. Unless you also want tires rotated. Then you can finish your small coffee- which they provide for free.  

• Love 7
8 hours ago, sleepysuzy said:

It's a Duggar trait in Izzy's case. Boob's sister Deanna has the same squint, as has Jana. Combined with the massive bags under his eyes (which I think he inherited from Derrick) poor Izzy looks like he's suffering from some severe allergies.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Vaysh said:

It's a Duggar trait in Izzy's case. Boob's sister Deanna has the same squint, as has Jana. Combined with the massive bags under his eyes (which I think he inherited from Derrick) poor Izzy looks like he's suffering from some severe allergies.

I think he gets it from dear old dad. One of Derick's eyes is bigger than the other, and if you look at old (baby) pics of Israel, this similarity has been present from the start.

• Love 8

These poor kids. Sam was encouraged to climb on the table. Then he was fed off the floor. Then he kept clumsily charging a fork held out toward him. Poor little Israel is basically ignored or snarked at, "Israel, let him have it!" -- when Jill said 'are you teasing brother' in reference to SAM teasing Izzy. "Why did you throw it away?" --- in reference to a tiny sliver of banana being tossed out. 

As a mom with kids who have special needs ... I really feel like something is going on with Izzy. Either he's so afraid of his parents that he acts unnaturally on camera OR ... something isn't right with him. I'm not sure which, but it's SOMETHING. I've said it for years. 

• Love 18
21 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I watched that thinking little Sam is going to have a face injury at some point.  Rather than moving tractor across the floor, take it outside and maybe don't giggle so he thinks its a fun thing.  Sure it is cute how determined he was but it was a bit dangerous and I think it shouldn't have been encouraged.  I realize you cannot bubble wrap everything but this kinda seemed like a no brainer.  I think Izzy has ceased being fun for them.  

They both act like they can barely tolerate Izzy’s existence, especially Dickwad.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, IntoTheMystic said:

These poor kids. Sam was encouraged to climb on the table. Then he was fed off the floor. Then he kept clumsily charging a fork held out toward him. Poor little Israel is basically ignored or snarked at, "Israel, let him have it!" -- when Jill said 'are you teasing brother' in reference to SAM teasing Izzy. "Why did you throw it away?" --- in reference to a tiny sliver of banana being tossed out. 

As a mom with kids who have special needs ... I really feel like something is going on with Izzy. Either he's so afraid of his parents that he acts unnaturally on camera OR ... something isn't right with him. I'm not sure which, but it's SOMETHING. I've said it for years. 

Izzy may just have an odd personality.  I mean, look at who his parents are and the genes he’s inherited.  The kids were at a disadvantage at conception.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, farmgal4 said:

They both act like they can barely tolerate Izzy’s existence, especially Dickwad.

I really feel for that little boy.  Every video is Sam this, Sam that.  There are 2 littles in that household who are equally important.  Izzy seems to be treated like a bastard child.  Sam isn't going to remember a lot of this stuff but Izzy will.  I know I have memories from when I was about his age.  Not a ton of them but some.   

They have both failed to launch.  They just dick around and don't seem quite successful at anything.  They are old enough to have more going on. I think they blame Izzy and their failures on him and how he had the audacity to be born before they were really ready no matter how ready they thought they were.  They forget, Meechelle and Jim Boob had a good 4 years before being parents.  4 years to get their shit together.

• Love 22
19 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I really feel for that little boy.  Every video is Sam this, Sam that.  There are 2 littles in that household who are equally important.  Izzy seems to be treated like a bastard child.  Sam isn't going to remember a lot of this stuff but Izzy will.  I know I have memories from when I was about his age.  Not a ton of them but some.   

They have both failed to launch.  They just dick around and don't seem quite successful at anything.  They are old enough to have more going on. I think they blame Izzy and their failures on him and how he had the audacity to be born before they were really ready no matter how ready they thought they were.  They forget, Meechelle and Jim Boob had a good 4 years before being parents.  4 years to get their shit together.

Obviously they did not get their shit together. Deredick and Jilly could have been married for four years before Izzy came along and still would have been lousy parents.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Obviously they did not get their shit together. Deredick and Jilly could have been married for four years before Izzy came along and still would have been lousy parents.

True.  What I meant was they actually got to know each other.  

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

True.  What I meant was they actually got to know each other.  

Got it! If they knew each other for that long they may have figured out marriage and parenthood was not in the cards for them.

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Got it! If they knew each other for that long they may have figured out marriage and parenthood was not in the cards for them.

Exactly!  They all suck in the parenting game.  Well from where I sit.  The jury MAY BE out on Jingle.  The almost seem normal.  Could be or could be a carefully crafted persona by Jeremy.  I think he is the brains of that operation.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Natalie68 said:

Exactly!  They all suck in the parenting game.  Well from where I sit.  The jury MAY BE out on Jingle.  The almost seem normal.  Could be or could be a carefully crafted persona by Jeremy.  I think he is the brains of that operation.

I personally think they are promoting Jinger and Jeremy as the Duggar super couple for now. I am sure they will move onto JD and Abbie once they tie the knot in a few weeks. Move over Jeremy and Jinger. We all have seen the disasters known as Smugs/Anna and Deredick/Jilly in the great Duggar couple game.

Jill is just an idiot. Derick is too, but at least he's doing something by getting Sam off the table. But Jill says he's already fallen more than once, but she continues to just stand there and film him, I guess for its entertainment value? And then when Israel approaches Sam to help (presumably), Jill immediately says, "don't touch him," and Israel asks, "why?" and (of course) gets ignored.

At least they are consistent in terms of their mediocrity.

• Love 18
13 minutes ago, graefin said:

Jill is just an idiot. Derick is too, but at least he's doing something by getting Sam off the table. But Jill says he's already fallen more than once, but she continues to just stand there and film him, I guess for its entertainment value? And then when Israel approaches Sam to help (presumably), Jill immediately says, "don't touch him," and Israel asks, "why?" and (of course) gets ignored.

At least they are consistent in terms of their mediocrity.

Didn’t the MOTY take a video with her phone when one of the J boys when he fell in the orchestra pit? Didn’t that same MOTY not care less when Miracle Josie was having a seizure? Looks like Jilly Muffin is following in her mama’s footsteps. 

• Love 11
48 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Didn’t the MOTY take a video with her phone when one of the J boys when he fell in the orchestra pit? Didn’t that same MOTY not care less when Miracle Josie was having a seizure? Looks like Jilly Muffin is following in her mama’s footsteps. 

Yes, and that same MOTY also left a fragile preemie in the hands of illiterate teenagers so she could flit off to an engagement in Central America. The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, graefin said:

Jill is just an idiot. Derick is too, but at least he's doing something by getting Sam off the table. But Jill says he's already fallen more than once, but she continues to just stand there and film him, I guess for its entertainment value?

Jill says Sam already fell three times.  THREE TIMES! Frigging idiot.

Edited by sheshark
  • Love 16

I still remember the video of izzy & sam in a pool, think it was at Dan's house. Anyway, IIRC, Jill was recording Sam who was with Deena in the pool. Izzy so wanted to be part of the action but Derelict just pushed him on his raft towards the other side of the pool.  I know we  commented how disengaged Derelict was with Izzy & barely paid any attention to him. Poor Izzy just wanted to be included & for the most part was left out of Jill's video. 

**I may not have remembered  the video  exactly.   But you get the idea - Izzy was treated as an afterthought.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Yes, and that same MOTY also left a fragile preemie in the hands of illiterate teenagers so she could flit off to an engagement in Central America. The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree.

Said MOTY left her micropremie for whom she didn’t know would live or die to record a robocall to stoke fear about transgendered individuals who just wanted to pee in peace. 

• Love 16
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Izzy is a product of inconsistent parenting. He's like a skittish puppy who is still learning what puppy behaviors his humans will allow, but Izzy's humans are always changing the rules. Unfortunately Sammy will be the same way. The tractor/table is a perfect example of how these kids will never learn what is a 'no-no' or not. Because this behavior was filmed, even encouraged, as toddlers Sam & Iz are thinking this is not only an okay thing to do, but a GREAT thing to do. Yet the next time Sammy is climbing on the table in a precarious way, and Jill or Derick walk in and see this, he will likely be scolded. Izzy might be scolded as well for "allowing" Sammy to do it if he's present. So now Sammy and Izzy are confused, like "WTF we just did this and it was great, now we're in trouble. Should we not do this on Tuesdays? Or when it's dark? Or when we're wearing PJs?" They have no way of knowing why it's okay one time and not another.

As a parent, if my child had attempted using a rolling toy as a step stool, I would have immediately stopped it and gently explained to any older siblings why it's not a good idea. I would have made sure the toy was not available anymore without a parent present.

Consistently inconsistent parents are the worst. If a parent is almost always strict, the kids know what to expect. If the parents are almost always lenient - the kids know what to expect.

Izzy is living life waiting for the next look of disappointment in his parents eyes and wondering what he did to deserve it, as will Sammy soon enough.

One of the theories within developmental psychology touches upon attachment theory, which reflects the nature of the attachment formed between the child and the caregiver. IMO, Izzy seems to be developing an insecure ambivalent attachment style. 

http://www.essentialparenting.com/2010/05/22/the-forms-of-attachment/

"Ambivalent attachment (5-15% of low risk samples)
In the SS (Strange Situation - see Mary Ainsworth), these infants were more alert of the whereabouts of mother while playing. They were very upset when she left the room, immediately went to her upon return and got very clingy. Their behavior upon reunion alternated between outbursts of anger and going limp, and in either case the infant was not soothed by the presence of the caregiver even if the mother was seen to be caring and emotionally available.

In these homes, the mother was inconsistently available for the infant, and when she was available she was often pre-occupied and un-attuned to the infant in her responses. These infants were the most anxious, clingy, and demanding at home.

The likely internal working model here is “even if mom is available physically, she will likely not be able to soothe me.” These infants respond by “over-activating” their attachment system."

On the other hand, Spurgeon and Henry seem to have a secure attachment style. Not sure about Sam - he could go the way of Izzy or it could be different.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Said MOTY left her micropremie for whom she didn’t know would live or die to record a robocall to stoke fear about transgendered individuals who just wanted to pee in peace. 

Michelle did the robocall in August 2014. Josie was born in December 2009. By then she was 4.5 years old and she seemed most likely to live.  They had already been on television since 2007. For someone experienced in doing voiceovers/talking heads etc., it would take an hour or two (maybe less) and she probably wasn't too far from the TTH. I agree that the robocall was mean-spirited and ill-advised, and unfair to transgendered individuals. I disagree that Josie was in particular danger and that her mother should never leave for any reason.  (I probably would be more worried about Josie than Michelle is, but then I'm a worrier and Michelle is not.)

• Love 10