Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, awaken said:

From my experience, their goal IS to talk about, think about, and do activities relating only to god 24/7.  Anything not done for eternal reward and saving souls is pointless. Just a few of many verses on this theme:

Colossians 3:2 “2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.”

2 Cor 10:5- “we demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ”

deuteronomy 11- “18Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 19Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 20Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates, 21so that your days and the days of your children may be many in the land the Lord swore to give your ancestors, as many as the days that the heavens are above the earth.”

But did Jesus himself say these things? 

8 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I LOVE your name!  Always have liked Quinn for a female first name.  

Thank you. 

I was taught to say yes ma'am, no ma'am, yes sir and no sir. I always thought it was a sign of respect.  

1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

You “da” best. Really, Jill?

51849CB5-63EF-4533-90D6-B7BA475363A0.jpeg

Oh barf. Who wrote that? Jilly probably. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Portia said:

That's cute. My son is 28, and if he offers to run an errand for me, I still ask him to repeat the steps back to me...just to mess with him. 

I have to do that with my husband. Sigh.

Edited by Love2dance
  • Love 15
On 9/9/2018 at 8:11 PM, lookeyloo said:

The yes ma'am is very southern.  We moved to the south when my kids were small and they never did get the hang of it and there were tsk tsks abounding from the other parents.  I still live in the south and I love it, but there is still the yes ma'am/sir thing going on.  My southern co-snarkers?  Right?

I learn a lot about the South from the Facebook page It's a Southern Thing.?

This video is about the "Yes ma'am" rule ?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1117978425025376&id=1925149591148386

• Love 5
8 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

You “da” best. Really, Jill?

51849CB5-63EF-4533-90D6-B7BA475363A0.jpeg

The caption for this, on the blog, was, Homeschool Pep Rally Project.

Here’s another “we” post. Caption: We Found Jill’s Dad’s Name in the Legislative History at the Law School.

A9081770-388F-4339-97FA-75B4B98E1F6C.jpeg

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

You would think Jill would want to construct a proper sentence for her home school project instead of her gangsta/hip "you da best," since it's, you know, ostensibly about teaching her kids, wouldn't you? Jesus, she's so inadequate.

• Love 18

Well, I'm relieved to hear the banner was a homeschool project because I had assumed Jilly herself had colored in the word "congrats" and was a bit concerned. It looks like the child's artwork that causes the teacher to call the parents and send the child for counselling in a horror movie. If it was executed by a three-year-old with the one crayon Jill was willing to surrender, that's less scary.

• Love 11

Jill-centric

Is there an actual diagnostic code for this so Psychiatrists can bill??

The month of August has been one of transition for our family as Derick graduated from the Cross Church School of Ministry 

We may use different Bibles, but I think that all versions tell you not to lie, Jill. A "certificate" does not mean you graduated as a minister.  now she may be being literal (if Cross did not have a ministerial school but only had that sham that Derick went to) but she is veering into "I am a certified Midwife" territory."

We?"

Probably jilly will sit next to him in class feeding him grapes.

That statement "We" needs some horror background music accompanying it.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Is there an actual diagnostic code for this so Psychiatrists can bill??

We may use different Bibles, but I think that all versions tell you not to lie, Jill. A "certificate" does not mean you graduated as a minister.  now she may be being literal (if Cross did not have a ministerial school but only had that sham that Derick went to) but she is veering into "I am a certified Midwife" territory."

That statement "We" needs some horror background music accompanying it.

Or the Jaws theme?

• Love 9
2 hours ago, lulu69 said:

Way to bite that hand even harder Derelict. I'm sure JB will just lovvvve being referred to as "filth", not to mention Jessa & Jeremy.

I get the impression that as a child Derelict would pitch a hissy fit and Cathy would cave to his demands. The real world doesn't work that way D, and no amount of pissing, bad mouthing and complaining is going to get the show moved to UP. You screwed yourself, now live with it.

I’m guessing that Dickwad is on TLC’s and JBoob’s shit list, again.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, awaken said:

From my experience, their goal IS to talk about, think about, and do activities relating only to god 24/7.  Anything not done for eternal reward and saving souls is pointless. Just a few of many verses on this theme:

Colossians 3:2 “2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.”

2 Cor 10:5- “we demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ”

deuteronomy 11- “18Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 19Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 20Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates, 21so that your days and the days of your children may be many in the land the Lord swore to give your ancestors, as many as the days that the heavens are above the earth.”

If their way is so blatantly and obviously the best and only way, why is it they’re so terrified of even the tiniest bit of outside information?

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, graefin said:

You would think Jill would want to construct a proper sentence for her home school project instead of her gangsta/hip "you da best," since it's, you know, ostensibly about teaching her kids, wouldn't you? Jesus, she's so inadequate.

It seems to be pretty ubiquitous culturally in the most unlikely places.  For example, once I picked up a box of Swedish Fish candy for the movies.  The outside of the box has fish pretending to talk (as you do).  One fish was saying to the others:  “Who dis?”, and I said out loud in surprise, “Someone has decided the Swedish Fish are street?”

• Love 13

I dislike Derick and what he stands for period. But, wasn't he fired from TLC for expressing his own opinion about gays and transgenders...opinions that quit a few others agree with? He is banned completely, while Jim Bob and Michelle actually covered up a crime..their oldest son molesting and most likely finger raping their very young daughters..I doubt that anyone agrees with that? And yet, these criminals are slowly worming their way right back into the shows..a bit more each week. So some are banned for expressing an opinion, but others are welcomed back after committing an unpunished  crime?

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

I dislike Derick and what he stands for period. But, wasn't he fired from TLC for expressing his own opinion about gays and transgenders...opinions that quit a few others agree with? He is banned completely, while Jim Bob and Michelle actually covered up a crime..their oldest son molesting and most likely finger raping their very young daughters..I doubt that anyone agrees with that? And yet, these criminals are slowly worming their way right back into the shows..a bit more each week. So some are banned for expressing an opinion, but others are welcomed back after committing an unpunished  crime?

According to Derick, he wasn’t fired. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, winsomeone said:

I believe it was specifically that he was making disparaging remarks/attacking about another TLC persona, Jazz (who is underage) that probably got him fired.   So, he an adult was publicly picking on a child.

Edited by DkNNy79
  • Love 15
8 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I wonder if any of the comments included that - "so you think your wife's family is "filth"?

I'm tempted to sign up for Twatter to make a snarky comment.

For a law student, he's extremely dense, not to mention childish, stupid, bigoted, and an all-around FUCKUP.

7 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Or the Jaws theme?

I vote for theme from "Psycho."  

• Love 14
1 hour ago, DkNNy79 said:

I believe it was specifically that he was making disparaging remarks/attacking about another TLC persona, Jazz (who is underage) that probably got him fired.   So, he an adult was publicly picking on a child.

To be fair, this is speculation and we really don't know how it all went down. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, floridamom said:

So, according to Derick, programs on TLC are filth? They don't jive with his beliefs? Why did he agree to appear on the network, volunteer OR not? Certainly the existing contracts did NOT include Derick Dillard, since he was not known to the Duggars, when they signed. Derick had every right to not appear from the start...or not to continue once Jill's contractual obligations were met and not re-sign her for a new cycle. Well, your in-laws don't have a problem cashing their pay checks from this filthy network... they live on filthy, immoral money. Yet they are so Godly. Yep, I do think there is a bit of discord between the Dillard/Duggar/SEEWALD households.. Jessa must have her frying pan ready to hit Derick over his head with it. Heaven knows, she certainly doesn't use it to cook anything in.

Derick has a mean, nasty streak in him.

If I could like this a million times, I would. 

• Love 9

Sammy is absolutely adorable. 

It's kind of weird that Jill admonished her kids not to make a mess while they were eating, and yet their entire apartment (house?) is a mess.  My house is kind of a mess at the moment, particularly the basement, but I'm not taking videos of people in the house and posting them online. If I ever take a photo and post it to Fb, you can be pretty sure that there aren't piles of crap in the background.  And I'm not talking about toys - there are boxes piled haphazardly in a corner behind that banner. I don't get it.

• Love 14
47 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Sammy is absolutely adorable. 

It's kind of weird that Jill admonished her kids not to make a mess while they were eating, and yet their entire apartment (house?) is a mess.  

Especially given how young they are. How many 1 and 3 year-olds can eat without spilling a crumb? I get the feeling that poor Izzy is guilt-tripped constantly over things that are perfectly normal for a child his age. 

• Love 20
12 hours ago, SMama said:

Regarding the “we” caption, seems like Jilly Clingy is spending time at the law library. I wonder who is taking care of the boys.

They're probably with her. Running amok in the library. Or crawling, in Sammy's case. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Here’s another “we” post. Caption: We Found Jill’s Dad’s Name in the Legislative History at the Law School.

A9081770-388F-4339-97FA-75B4B98E1F6C.jpeg

Bwahahhaa if he makes it out of law school does he realize that his journey will be over and he will have to find a JOB? Remains to be seen. You can't play student all your life.

• Love 10

Who is taking these pictures of Derrick playing student? Is Jill his shadow or is he begging some other student to take pictures? We get it, Derrick, you know what a library is. It doesn't make you smart to be seen opening a book.

• Love 19
47 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Who is taking these pictures of Derrick playing student? Is Jill his shadow or is he begging some other student to take pictures? We get it, Derrick, you know what a library is. It doesn't make you smart to be seen opening a book.

They probably took the whole family this weekend to the law library just so Derick could pose for "lawyer" photos.  I doubt a lick of reading was done!

• Love 14
On 9/10/2018 at 8:49 PM, ginger90 said:

A continuation of the tweet about switching networks:

8A7BF3BC-2541-44F8-9881-B248637810EB.jpeg

To be fair ... raise your hand if you have ever wondered if TLC stands for Trashy Lifestyles  Channel? It used to be The Learning Channel when it first existed.   

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Zella said:

I'm dying to know what his classmates are thinking of him and Jill, especially if she's tagging along for library visits. 

There is a thread on reddit from someone who supposedly has class with Derdick.

• Love 14

How does Derick reconcile calling some reality TV shows filth with "loving your neighbor"? Many of the shows are either reality or at least based on reality. Does the Bible teach hate? I don't understand what happens with some folks, whether it is Tom Cruise or Kirk Cameron or Derick, them seem to be arrogantly judgmental in the name of religion.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

How does Derick reconcile calling some reality TV shows filth with "loving your neighbor"? Many of the shows are either reality or at least based on reality. Does the Bible teach hate? I don't understand how what happens with some folks, whether it is Tom Cruise or Kirk Cameron or Derick, them seem to be arrogantly judgmental in the name of religion.

In a response, Derick stated he hasn’t watched the shows, just knows of them. Yup, this guy wants to be a lawyer, supposedly.

• Love 5