Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I think what gets me about it is, if I am using a crockpot, I wouldn’t want to still have to cook the chicken. So, going strictly by Jill’s recipe, I’d use a second crock pot for the chicken, or divide everything in half and use 2 with all of the ingredients combined. Why not have the chicken absorb the flavors? That’s my take.

• Love 11
46 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

This is a recipe from our Aunt Bobye that we had a lot growing up.

That wouldn't happen to be Bobye Holt, wife of Jim Bob's (former?) BFF and mother of Kaeleigh Holt, would it? Interesting to call her "Aunt"...

• Love 12

While I don't watch regularly, Ingo is on The Bold & the Beautiful.  His kids have odd names, but he is just pretty.  

Jill's dinners have no flavor.  She's tossing 12 chicken breasts & 8 cans of beans with only 1 teaspoon of chili powder and cumin, not to mention the 12 cups of water.  Why are these people so afraid of flavor?  I guess anything from the "outside" of her world is scary.  Then again, if I had to wake up to Derick in my bed, I would be running for the hills too.

• Love 18
13 minutes ago, sixlets said:

While I don't watch regularly, Ingo is on The Bold & the Beautiful.  His kids have odd names, but he is just pretty.  

Jill's dinners have no flavor.  She's tossing 12 chicken breasts & 8 cans of beans with only 1 teaspoon of chili powder and cumin, not to mention the 12 cups of water.  Why are these people so afraid of flavor?  I guess anything from the "outside" of her world is scary.  Then again, if I had to wake up to Derick in my bed, I would be running for the hills too.

My White Chicken Chili (found on the inside label of Bushes Great Northern bean can) has way more cumin and it's made with ONE can beans and some chicken.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

It kind of looks more like chicken soup than chili, but I'd eat it.

It IS soup.  To make it like chili you need to mash half the beans so it thickens the liquid.  She also needs a ton more spices, cilantro, and corn. 

Jill's "chili" is what I get when I fill the bowl with water to rinse it out in the sink after eating a dish of my version. Watery and bland. So meh.

And why is every recipe of hers designed to feed an army? Is she too lazy or too stupid to bother halving it?  Half of 12 chicken breasts is 6 chicken breasts, Jill!  It's not that hard!

• Love 24

Another recipe that really bothers me. I'm sorry, but in my book tomatoes are one of the main components of chili. 12 Chicken breasts?  WTF?  I made a dish last week with 4 and had enough to send to the neighbors.  Why does she even bother to throw in the one small can of Rotel tomatoes?  I really want to send her to Gordon Ramsay for a good mouth thrashing.  Or better yet, she should audition for Worst Cooks in America. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I'm thinking she's making a large batch to put some individual servings in the freezer but what do I know.

I think she makes a large batch because she either literally cannot figure out how to cut these recipes down, or because her whole sense of self is tied up into being one of nineteen,

I agree that this is more palatable looking than most of her other recipes, but seriously, 1 can of tomatoes? 1 tsp of cumin and 1 tsp of chili powder to season ALL of that? That's not chili. IT might be editable, but it's not chili.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I think she makes a large batch because she either literally cannot figure out how to cut these recipes down, or because her whole sense of self is tied up into being one of nineteen,

Both. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

It IS soup.  To make it like chili you need to mash half the beans so it thickens the liquid.  She also needs a ton more spices, cilantro, and corn. 

Jill's "chili" is what I get when I fill the bowl with water to rinse it out in the sink after eating a dish of my version. Watery and bland. So meh.

And why is every recipe of hers designed to feed an army? Is she too lazy or too stupid to bother halving it?  Half of 12 chicken breasts is 6 chicken breasts, Jill!  It's not that hard!

Because she would have to list 1/2 a can of Rotel tomatoes and she would never figure that out. 

• Love 13
17 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Of course math is hard to her because the only two classes that were for math were bankruptcy and how to grift 101.

• Love 19

Maybe the Duggars are negotiating with UP to get all the disgraced Duggars back on the air. If they did that they would see their paycheck cut in half and I doubt the show would last as long as it did on TLC. 

• Love 4

I would imagine that TLC has some sort of non-competitive agreement in their contract with the Counting On Duggars. Jill & Derick and Josh & Anna might be able to start something at Up, but as long as Counting On is making TLC money, I can't see them agreeing to release the rest of them to another network.

• Love 14
18 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

If I were them, I'd be massively pissed off.

Me too. In what world is it acceptable to advertise a baby that isn't yours? And it's worse that it's Jill and Derick, because it's not like they're the ones with social media and they're sharing him with family and close friends. They are literally broadcasting a baby they have no rights to to the entire world.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 24

I don't see an issue with Jill & Derick posting a picture of their nephew on their blog. I've posted pictures of assorted family members' babies on my Facebook. What's weird is Cathy posting a link to that picture instead of just making her own post about her newest grandson.

• Love 9

I've posted pics of my nephews on FB without asking my sister's permission, but my source of income is also not a monetized social media page. I'd have not issue if Dan and his wife posted a pic of the Dillard nephews on their instagram or something like that, but it's a different ball game when grandma directs you to a money making page to look at a baby that's not even the moneymakers. 

ETA... How is Derick justifying making money off of his brother's baby? He's the one claiming TLC didn't pay them, they were volunteers or some such crap. I guess Dan and Deana are too. 

Edited by Fostersmom
to bash Derick
  • Love 14

Wait does UpTV have no Ellen commercials? No commercials for anyone gay? Does he not know that his in-laws have registered for Ellen brand items on their registries? 

UpTv (which we don't have) used to show Gilmore Girls re-runs where the main characters were smart, educated women who had sex while unmarried.  Why would UpTv share the Duggs values even if the Bates are on it? 

It'a lateral move, Derrwood.

• Love 9

Derelict was too lazy to delete the hashtags from the OP. ?

Up has all their eggs in the Bateses' basket. They're on something like Episode 34 of the current season (no, I am not exaggerating). So, they already have the same production company producing the same type of show. I say Up takes a pass on the more expensive, scandal-ridden Duggars. Sorry, Derelict.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 18
22 minutes ago, louannems said:

Boy, Jill's voice sure changed quickly when Sam tossed the bite of food on the floor!  Doesn't she know babies experiment with gravity by throwing stuff off their high chair trays.  I would just remove the food and assume he's finished.  And making him say yes ma'am?  Really?

I really hate the way Jill constantly grills her kids with leading questions and demands the correct answer.

To each their own, of course, I personally wouldn’t try and have Samuel make dog sounds (while he’s putting a piece of food in his mouth),play peekaboo, etc. while he’s supposed to be eating. 

What is the room Israel ran to, and hid under the desk?

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 8

I guess my parents raised me all heathen like, because the idea that an appropriate response for any kid to their mother is "yes ma'am" makes me stabby. I'm all for please and thank you and you're welcome, but yes ma'am sounds submissive to my ears.

I only realized right now I'm slightly surprised the didn't name Sam Samson to keep up with their Bible theme.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, McManda said:

I only realized right now I'm slightly surprised the didn't name Sam Samson to keep up with their Bible theme.

Samuel is equally biblical. Samuel, unlike Samson, is the much desired son of Hannah who becomes a prophet during the time of Saul. Samson is the biblical superman who falls for Delilah, an unscrupulous woman. Samson ruins his life for her. They want their sons to be like the stern Samuel of the bible and not fall for unscrupulous women.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 6