Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

Put slices of white bread on a plate, dump tuna fish over the bread, put a piece of American cheese on top, microwave until the cheese is melted. My mom made this for lunch all 241 of us kids loved it and asked for more. If you want to spice it up, dump BBQ sauce before you put on the cheese.

• Love 22
5 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Put slices of white bread on a plate, dump tuna fish over the bread, put a piece of American cheese on top, microwave until the cheese is melted. My mom made this for lunch all 241 of us kids loved it and asked for more. If you want to spice it up, dump BBQ sauce before you put on the cheese.

And a big salad.

• Love 10

Re: the bread thing - I totally buy it. Gothard didn't just fetishize perms; he was also into bread.Here is info from an ATI survivor. (This whole list is fascinating reading, BTW).

* Whole wheat bread is the answer to all of the world’s health and nutritional needs. It only counts if the wheat was ground *that morning,* the bread was made *that day,* and you eat it *that day.* After all, “give us this day our daily bread” definitely does NOT refer to bread purchased at the grocery store, or even made the day before. White flour will kill you. Whole wheat flour will save your life. Eat lots of whole wheat bread every day. (We have to assume that Celiac Disease and gluten intolerance are the figments of evil people’s imaginations. We’ll never know, since Celiac & gluten intolerance were unheard-of back then. I suppose that if those people were eating whole wheat bread, then they wouldn’t have Celiac Disease. ‘Cause whole wheat bread is the answer to all of the world’s health and nutritional needs.)

* A desire for white bread was a major factor in beginning the French Revolution.

I believe Jana and Jessa baked break on the show. It probably wasn't every day, but you KNOW they did it because ATI sez...

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

I could hurl just thinking about tuna fish.  Am no longer considering what I want for dinner........

• Love 4
7 hours ago, JoanArc said:

It only counts if the wheat was ground *that morning,* the bread was made *that day,* and you eat it *that day.*

Makes perfect sense from a Gothard standpoint. Keep the wimmenfolk busy grinding their wheat and making their bread and they won't have time to get into trouble.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Re: the bread thing - I totally buy it. Gothard didn't just fetishize perms; he was also into bread.Here is info from an ATI survivor. (This whole list is fascinating reading, BTW).

I believe Jana and Jessa baked break on the show. It probably wasn't every day, but you KNOW they did it because ATI sez...

Read the whole thing.  This was as scary as the link to the "Tomato Staking" website.  I'm no biblical scholar, but I don't recall seeing anything about "banana curls" in your hair or blonde being the best color.  Not sure how many naturally light haired women there would have been in that area of the world anyway.  Lots of men have beards these days.  I'm not crazy about them, but Jesus and the apostles must surely have had them.  Why are they wrong according to the big B.G.?  Should he have been around during biblical times with a straight razor and a "wisdumb booklet" to show then the error of their ways?  And all of the "raping" bullshit.  What a nice way to keep the girls living in fear.  I was almost afraid of my own shadow just reading this bilge.  I don't know folks.  If the Duggars and the other followers of this false prophet really believe this kind of hot garbage I don't see any of the children (even Jinger) ever breaking free.  Maybe the next generation....after B.G. finally goes to his eternal dirt nap.....

• Love 19
8 minutes ago, Aunt Catfish said:

I’m no biblical scholar, but I don't recall seeing anything about "banana curls" in your hair or blonde being the best color.

Well, the Bible does say not to braid your hair (if you’re female) — maybe Gothard thought that more specific instructions on alternatives were needed ...

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, jennblevins said:

Well, the Bible does say not to braid your hair (if you’re female) — maybe Gothard thought that more specific instructions on alternatives were needed ...

Hey, maybe he could give up running a cult and just become a consultant for the Paul Mitchell schools.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, Zella said:

I have to go to the U of A campus tomorrow. Though I have no reason to go into the law library, I'm going to peek in there and see if I spy a Dillard. 

While you’re on campus, say hi to my granddaughter.  ?

• Love 6

What is that thing in Derick's soup bowl? It looks like a tiny 10-gallon hat or a piece of a kitchen gadget. It's strangely perfect to be a mushroom, and I've never a mushroom that big sitting in a bowl of Japanese soup. My curiosity is out of control.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

What is that thing in Derick's soup bowl? It looks like a tiny 10-gallon hat or a piece of a kitchen gadget. It's strangely perfect to be a mushroom, and I've never a mushroom that big sitting in a bowl of Japanese soup. My curiosity is out of control.

It’s a spoon.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Oh SHUT UP you arrogant little snot. You’ve been married for an hour and a half for all purposes so perhaps, just MAYBE you aren’t qualified to be handing out marriage advice?

Mr. Wiser and I are coming up on thirty years...and it would never occur to either of us to tell other couples how to handle their own marriages. Because they’re THEIRS.

Sweet Jesus don’t they grind my ass...

Well, Uncle Catfish and I did go to our nearby big city movie theater yesterday to see the 60th anniversary showing of South Pacific (Courtesy of TCM).  After 33 years of marriage I did tell him this felt like we were going on a date.  But, after all this time an occasion like this is special.  You can't keep up the dating thing for too long.  Real life takes over.  Besides, I just read that dating is the most horrible thing in the world.  Glad we didn't keep doing that for all these years!

• Love 13
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I know it's a spoon, but I'm going to hold out for tiny 10-gallon hat. Sort of an homage to Pistol Pete.

• Love 13
On 8/29/2018 at 7:09 AM, Mindthinkr said:

I went to get my nails done and had to endure over an hour sales pitch about alkaline water. Stick to what you are supposed to be doing people. If we want your opinion, we’ll ask for it. 

Off topic but a few years back the nail tech asked me what nationality I was and then proceeded to tell me every bad thing she’s heard about China, including the fact that apparently we eat our children.

Jill might like chatting with her tbh.

• Love 17
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

No highlighter? No pad for notes? Does he have a photographic memory?

That monkey pacifier isn’t heavy is it? That kid doesn’t need more dental problems than he’s already inheriting. 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

That monkey pacifier isn’t heavy is it? That kid doesn’t need more dental problems than he’s already inheriting. 

I just don't understand the use of a pacifier. He's over a year old hanging out at home. Why does he need something just sitting in his mouth? 

• Love 5

Thanks for solving the item in the bowl mystery. I couldn't figure out the image no matter how long I looked at it. 

I lived in Japan for several years. Spoons aren't used with that kind of bowl. It's more like a soup cup. Those spoons are used with Chinese food, including big bowls of noodles in broth. Anyway, they're in an American Japanese restaurant. Derick is holding up the bowl, and that looks right. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Aunt Catfish said:

Well, Uncle Catfish and I did go to our nearby big city movie theater yesterday to see the 60th anniversary showing of South Pacific (Courtesy of TCM).  After 33 years of marriage I did tell him this felt like we were going on a date.  But, after all this time an occasion like this is special.  You can't keep up the dating thing for too long.  Real life takes over.  Besides, I just read that dating is the most horrible thing in the world.  Glad we didn't keep doing that for all these years!

I think that’s sweet to still get that “date” feeling after so many years of marriage. I’m sure the fact that you don’t “date” each other constantly probably helps.  Kudos to 33 years...that’s commitment.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, louannems said:

After one or two weeks of school, I'd have thought he would have read more pages.

In nursing school we had so much reading. About 3-4 chapters (20-50 pages each) per day. I can’t imagine law school being easier. I remember watching my brother in law school. All he did was read and study. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Oh SHUT UP you arrogant little snot. You’ve been married for an hour and a half for all purposes so perhaps, just MAYBE you aren’t qualified to be handing out marriage advice?

Mr. Wiser and I are coming up on thirty years...and it would never occur to either of us to tell other couples how to handle their own marriages. Because they’re THEIRS.

Sweet Jesus don’t they grind my ass...

well one positive, they are eating sushi not tater tot casserole. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, kokapetl said:

Both my twins used those type of pacifiers. They're surprisingly light. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, kokapetl said:

It’s a Wubanub. My best friend’s daughter looooved her “puppy”. My kids had a duck and a frog for which they used only a few times. It’s good for eye development. Some kids need oral comfort past the first year. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

It’s real easy to dole out advice on making time for one’s spouse when neither of you lazy bastards have jobs, apparently no one cleans the apartment, and you use your siblings to raise your crotch fruit.  ???Talk to me after you’ve taken 8+ hours of your boss’ crap, sat in an hour of traffic, wrangled kids to do homework, made a last minute pit stop at Walmart, tried to simultaneously throw a load in the wash, bake a casserole not covered in gloopy soup, feed the dog, and prep everything for the next school/work day, take a shower at 10 in the hopes of being in bed by 11, just to hear that damned alarm clock go off at 5:30 so you can do it all again.  Never mind if your husband has the balls to expect some hey hey hey after that kind of day, and hoping no sick kid wakes you in the middle of the night.Try that routine for a few weeks and then tell me about making all this precious time for your spouse.  Derdick and Jill make me stabby.  

I love you!!!   ❤️ ??

They truly have zero perspective of what real life is.   We just celebrated 26 years on Wednesday and it would never occur to me that I have sage advice on how it’s done.   Fucktards

Edited by tabloidlover
Spelling is important as gave is different than have
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

I love you!!!   ❤️ ??

They truly have zero perspective of what real life is.   We just celebrated 26 years on Wednesday and it would never occur to me that I gave sage advice on how it’s done.   Fucktards

We are closing in on 34 years and I wouldn't think of giving unsolicited advice either. Except, possibly, never to expect that marriage is going to mean perpetual bliss. 

• Love 13

Also appalled by the gall of someone married for four whole years offering pearls of wisdom to the masses about what it takes to have a successful marriage.  Mr 3 and I just celebrated our 38th, and I have never offered any unsolicited advice to anyone.  What works for one couple may not work for every couple.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I guess Jeremy isn't the only one who likes to pose studiously for the camera.

Probably where he got the idea for the photo.

That being said, how is his back not killing him?  His feet are over the arm of the couch, and probably making dirty spots on the wall, but his back has got to be in some sort of sway position.  Ugh.  I'd last about 30 seconds like that, but then I'm old. 

• Love 10
On 8/27/2018 at 7:02 PM, kokapetl said:

Thrift shops are usually staffed by volunteers. All the stock comes from charitable donations, correct? It’s specifically nonprofitable, so no Duggar should waste their labors on that. 

Not always.  We have a few consignment shops here that are for-profit and have paid employees.  Then of course there are Salvation Army, Goodwill, and the like.  You can make money at it, but you have to work at it, too.

• Love 1