Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

It feels so patronizing in how they go to heavily Christian, Latin American countries to do their deed. They seem to go where they think people feel vulnerable, unsafe and want the American dream. If they truly believed their message they should be doing their mission work in their own backyard. 

Missionaries feel so calculating by going after the weakest prey.  Do they ever step their toes into affluent areas? If everyone needs their beliefs, then the rich and stable do too. I'm guessing they're all very confident "overseas" and would stumble terribly talking with their 'equals'.

• Love 22

I have a Catholic friend, who was refused entrance into a group praying for a sick colleague, because she was "not Christian."  She was hurt and offended, but then remembered that she wasn't one to make a show of prayer anyway.  She prayed quietly and privately for the colleague...and for the screwed up fundie co-worker too!  

I sure would like to know what Derick, Jill and Sam will accomplish in Guadalajara.

Edited by BetyBee
  • Love 17

I sure would like to know what Derick, Jill and Sam will accomplish in Guadalajara.

Practice being Tio y Tia to a group of worthy believers. Resume padding for Der-licks missionary skills? A healthy, natural tan for both of them?

You know, $3000 conservatively invested would probably yield enough to pay for Izzy or Sam's first semester of college in 17 years. One of them MUST become Pistol Pete, right? But yeah, dragging an infant on a trip they'll never remember, on a trip that accomplishes nothing, is like, totally worth it! I just hope no one drops a shampoo bottle in the shower, Jill would need years of therapy to recover.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 16
16 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

On 3/19/2018 at 11:06 PM, awaken said:

Omg, she’s sitting in his lap in that photo?!  Just because she can?!  To show those other mission wannabes that the Dillards can now show off their PDAs anywhere since they’re a married couple?  They just can’t sit there and smile normally like everyone else. 

He’s emulating Jim Boob and Mess-chelle when they were dry humping in front of the Dullards

Unless it’s happened more than once, the barf-inducing humping was on a mini golf “date” with Jessa and Bin. ? That was one of the worst things I ever saw on 19 Kids. “Does this turn you on?” he asked. GAG!

• Love 17

When my kids were in high school our Southern Baptist church went on two different mission trips. We had kids coming from other churches to participate because they were so popular. There was no grifting to pay for them. We had several fundraisers. Kids were required to participate in them. The money raised went into the kids mission trip fund and their parents were allowed to pay the balance. We required the kids to earn a portion of the trip money because we wanted to teach them to work for it. 

Trips were right here in the states. One was to FL to a church in a tourist area that didn't have enough adults to run its Vacation Bible School in the summer because the snowbirds who attended in the winter had returned to their homes. Our youth worked as helpers and aides to the adult teachers. When the kids weren't helping st VBS, they had free time and we had activities for them to have fun .

the other trip was to the mountains of NC where they did the same thing, helping a local church with their VBS. The kids worked where there was a need and they also had fun too. I was just talking to a couple of these kids on Facebook last night, now grown with kids of their own. They said what fond memories they had of these trips. I said all that to say, there are needs here. You don't have to leave the states  to find them . Hopefully our kids learned a lesson about working for what they want, as well as serving others.

• Love 18

This mission trip is just to boost Derick's ego.  He wants to  feel good about himself.

Notice how he works with college students, who are younger and less experienced than he is (sort of!).  If Derick worked with real men and women, he would be laughed out of the room.  I'm sure that's why he left Walmart, he couldn't handle feeling so inferior all day. So he then went to a country that made him feel superior.  Derick won't do any missions in any countries where he won't be the "savior".  He also heads to places where no one speaks English.  Another little trick. If no one speaks HIS language, then he can't look bad. 

So, this little mission trip is an ego boost...plus, he likes to look all pious in front of Jim Bob.  And Twitter.  Twitter is important to Derick. And Cocky Cathy the Christian.  Twiiter is where Derick makes magic happen.  And rubbing Jill's feet...

• Love 19

In many ways, Derick would be considered a great role model in my old church. He stood up for Christ and Godly values against evil TLC. He "tells it like it is" and refuses to back down. He and Jill were virgins before they married.

OTOH, he would be counseled about not work/grifting, and the mission trips sponsored by the church were to build schools, do home repairs for the indigent and elderly, and other labor-intensive chores. Plus, they believed Catholics were Christians and didn't try to convert them.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I find it interesting that the people they want to convert are poor and brown, and already Christian. They don't want seem to be compelled to save American or Canadian atheists -- who, conveniently, can speak English -- because . . .

4 hours ago, Marigold said:

This mission trip is just to boost Derick's ego.  He wants to  feel good about himself.

Notice how he works with college students, who are younger and less experienced than he is (sort of!).  If Derick worked with real men and women, he would be laughed out of the room.  I'm sure that's why he left Walmart, he couldn't handle feeling so inferior all day. So he then went to a country that made him feel superior.  Derick won't do any missions in any countries where he won't be the "savior".  He also heads to places where no one speaks English.  Another little trick. If no one speaks HIS language, then he can't look bad. 

So, this little mission trip is an ego boost...plus, he likes to look all pious in front of Jim Bob.  

All this.  Derick and his ilk like to do their "missioncations" in places where they can fulfill their white savior complex....and the people don't speak their language, so they don't have as many people tell them to get lost....

A friend's 20-something adult child sent me a solicitation to help fund her missioncation to Prague. TO PRAGUE!!!  Her letter said they need to go to Prague because there are atheists and secular humanists (the horror! oh wait, I'm a secular humanist) there and people who don't know Christ (read: Catholics & other non-evangelical Christians).  They're going to hold social gatherings for teens in Prague to learn about the right Jesus (and sight-see plenty on the side, I'm sure).  Basically it was a solicitation asking me to help pay for her vacation to Prague where she'll talk to a few teens about Jesus at some parties. My husband's family member recently went on a similar grifted vacation mission trip to Germany.  Both reminded me of the Dillards' forays into missioncations. I guess the Dillards probably think they get some self-righteous/superiority gold stars for going to Latin America instead of Europe, though, since Latin America is so "dangerous." I can see them thinking they're making a bigger "sacrifice" than the missioncationers going to Europe by going to Danger America where the people are browner. 

I wish I would have known about these opportunities to get others to pay for one's international vacations missions as young, single person. I'd have traveled internationally many more times. 

Basically, send me a letter to donate when you're going to go do something useful (build homes, provide job training, etc) somewhere or when you're going to go hand out tracts somewhere where the majority of the people are Muslim, Buddhist, etc. (because that won't happen, since those aren't ideal missioncation places). 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, Nysha said:

In many ways, Derick would be considered a great role model in my old church. He stood up for Christ and Godly values against evil TLC. He "tells it like it is" and refuses to back down.

That's exactly what the leghumpers on the Duggars' Facebook page are saying about him. They think he's being heroic and they're heartbroken that they can't see him and Jill on the show anymore.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

That's exactly what the leghumpers on the Duggars' Facebook page are saying about him. They think he's being heroic and they're heartbroken that they can't see him and Jill on the show anymore.

But wasn't Jill on Joy's birthing episode?  

• Love 15

I've been looking through the Instagrams of some of the people who attended the "mission trip". It's pretty much a vacation with some street evangelism thrown in. In the most recent C3 Instagram update they're in front of a Catholic Church sharing the gospel bothering people. Of course, it wouldnt be a proper missioncation without plenty of pictures with little brown children included. I despise these people. 

I spotted the Dullards in some of their pages.

Screenshot_20180321-104808.thumb.jpg.4b797bdf312d85cd467cb15d6130b079.jpgScreenshot_20180321-131516-800x729.thumb.jpg.634087dafbecf2f074389ea8d39c2858.jpgScreenshot_20180321-131939.thumb.jpg.e9cf2e05175eeb23c890d8fe587c4697.jpg

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Misslindsey said:

In all the pictures Jill and Derick seem sort of separate. Does that make sense? Almost like they are two random people traveling with the rest. 

I thought the same thing and then I got to thinking. He certainly can't put his arm around another girl, Jilly has claimed her man by sitting on his lap and having their baby along. Then what would be said if he put his arm around another guy?..The horror!!!

They look like two idiots because they are two idiots.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Mollie said:

The Guadalajara Metropolitan Area has a population of more than 4,300,000 people.  It is not a beach resort.  It is a five-hour drive from Guadalajara to the ocean.  The local population is very conservative and adults do not wear shorts, sandals or sneakers.  This crazy group from Cross Church looks like lewd, non-religious people.  Seriously, the locals would run away from anyone soliciting religious followers dressed the way that they are. Not only that, but their dress shows a complete disrespect for the local culture.  What do the townspeople think of Jill and Derick with their hands all over each other, Derick's bare legs and Jill sitting on his lap?  Go home, vulgar gringo Americans!    

This is a very, very different impression of the Guadalajara locals than I got in my own experience. I don’t doubt that there are plenty of conservative, if not polished and educated professionals of varying leanings regarding beliefs. However, I actually cackled a bit when I first saw that they were headed there for this mission...based on the experiences I’ve had there. Whoever it was upthread that referred to it as GuadalaHolla....yes, that’s what we called it too heh!

Also, I don’t see anything lewd about the way these students are dressed. I’m not sure why they’d be characterized that way. They look normal, just not Duggar-Fundy.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Heathen said:

She's had two cesareans, so that makes her like the head of obstetrics at a major teaching hospital! 

I wasn't sure if it was one or two. There's so much botching to go around!

488ca6b2-d989-4977-8d09-dc744fdb0610.jpg

Am I the only one that sees these two as an idealized version of Jill and Derick?

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I wasn't sure if it was one or two. There's so much botching to go around!

488ca6b2-d989-4977-8d09-dc744fdb0610.jpg

Am I the only one that sees these two as an idealized version of Jill and Derick?

In Jill’s dreams, maybe. 

• Love 22
3 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Is "our reliance upon our savior, Jesus Christ" some kind of code for "reliance on grifted donations"????

I think that is a veiled slam to Jim Bob, who relies on TLC to pay his bills.  (boom!)

Derick is ultra holy because they have no money and yet, they bravely carry on...depending only on their savior to provide for them. 

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, papermoon said:

This is a very, very different impression of the Guadalajara locals than I got in my own experience. I don’t doubt that there are plenty of conservative, if not polished and educated professionals of varying leanings regarding beliefs. However, I actually cackled a bit when I first saw that they were headed there for this mission...based on the experiences I’ve had there. Whoever it was upthread that referred to it as GuadalaHolla....yes, that’s what we called it too heh!

Also, I don’t see anything lewd about the way these students are dressed. I’m not sure why they’d be characterized that way. They look normal, just not Duggar-Fundy.

Here are responses given to people who asked what to wear to Guadalajara on Trip Advisor:

"First at over a mile high it will NOT be very hot. Second NO Shorts especially for men.

So no sandal, shorts, Tee shirt look Por Favor."

"I would agree with the no shorts suggestion. Nicer jeans and khaki pants for men are good alternatives. As for women, again nicer jeans, khakis, capri pants, skirts, etc. work. I think you will find that people tend to dress more formally than here in the States."

"People sort of dress up more here than in USA, are fashionable. think LA or New York, or really more like Europe ... generally women do not wear shorts except when running-biking, capris or jeans and sexy tops are fine, ... so you will see what to us gringos looks like rather low cut tight blouses and high heels but with long pants."

"I'd say dress like you normally do at home with some minor changes: shorts are not common outside of sports (same as sneakers for adults) and very short skirts will probably attract too many stares and, worse, rude comments to the wife, so I'd avoid that, too."

Understand that the group is there as religious missionaries, not as regular tourists.  Shorts and sandals are definitely incongruous with that image in this part of the world.  Here's how most missionaries dress in Guadalajara: goo.gl/DkbjAt

• Love 5
10 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

That whole statement is ridiculous " Your baby is currently not in distress. its encouraging!" like...wtf Jill....

I didn’t watch the episode, but at that time maybe the baby wasn’t in distress and heart tones were reassuring?  Before things became emergent?  

39 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Jill and Derelict stick out like a sore thumb in the one picture. I hope they are protecting Sammy from the heat and sun. Never mind...I forgot who I was talking about.

They stick out like a sore thumb bc they are not 18-21 yo college students & no matter how much Derick tries to relive the delusional glory of his college days its OVER. 

• Love 21
51 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Not to worry.  Jill usually carries tortillas to put on the baby's head.

Jill.png

THIS. Who needs sunscreen when you can just put a tortilla on your kid's head?

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Mollie said:

Not to worry.  Jill usually carries tortillas to put on the baby's head.

She's gone from California Cheeseburger to Guadalajara Tortilla. Someone save that baby!

26 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

only stopping themselves from wild spontaneous sex because they are being supervised by Tia Jill.

Meanwhile I'm sure Derick and Jill are the first to let everyone know what great sex they're having, asking the vacationers to watch their baby while they have sex, etc.

• Love 8

Instead of gluing herself to Derick's side, while he trapes off on his faux mission trip, she'd be better off getting more midwife training, if she insists on assisting births.

Edited by beckie
had to add a phrase.
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Jill is no longer a licensed Lay Midwife in Arkansas.  She lost her license in August, 2017.

Well then sounds like she shouldn't even be assisting births as anything more than a doula .

• Love 7